It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Offender Villages Coming to FL & CA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is just a bad idea all the way around.

There's a Tampa woman who runs a company called SOS, which helps pedophiles find work and places to live. Now she wants to start building villages where pedophiles can live. She is planning on building these pedo towns in Florida and California. It just so happens that she wants to build the first village 20 minutes from me in Sorrento, Florida. Great! Sorrento is about two hours from Tampa and the fact that she isn't building one of these villages closer to her company's home town says a lot.

Sorrento is a beautiful and quiet community in the country. It would be a shame to ruin this town by moving all the pedos here. The people who currently live in Sorrento have much land and usually do farming or other types of businesses using the acreage they have. I truly don't believe they'll want this to happen and I see major court battles in the future.

Here's the article:
www.wftv.com...

Barbara Farris said the town of Sorrento is a great place to re-locate registered offenders because of its distance from the hustle and bustle of places like Orlando.

"[It's] far enough from civilization from where they're not around parks and kids," Farris said. "They're not going to be surrounded or have temptations."

Farris recently started a company called SOS, which is short for Sex Offender Solutions. It provides registered offenders with housing, transportation, jobs and counseling.

When asked if the idea of a town for sex offenders could actually happen, Farris said she thinks it could.
"It's absolutely realistic," Farris said. "We've joined on with some people making it very realistic for us."

Yeah, Barbara. Put one of those villages near you first and tell us how it works out.

One thing I can see happening is if someone truly wants to kill pedophiles, one of these villages would make this as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Ten dollars says the first bomb, mass shooting, etc., comes within 3 months of this place being populated...and the world will smile.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I don't see a big problem regarding the shooting fish in a barrel.
This is what they are guilty of.

link   
My first thought too.

Gosh. That's convenient.
edit on 2011/9/24 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by superman2012

That's exactly what I was thinking. I certainly don't want this village near me. I drive through Sorrento quite a bit on my way to Orlando. Driving through this town would make me puke every time.

Besides, what are they going to name it? Chesterville?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
At least To Catch a Predator will know where to find there participants. I am guessing there won't be the usual facilities such as schools in this village?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
How long until Sodom makes a challenge that allows the men and women to keep their children in these "towns?"

You know. So that they can breed their own fresh meat.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellis1234

They'll probably have trade schools there so the sick effers can learn something besides how to prey on children. One of the requirements for enrollment is you have to have touched a child in the past. I do see churches being built there, too.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Thanks for bringing that up. How would they keep the residents from having children? Would the village be gender specific? I don't see how this would all work out. There's women out there who are desperate enough to date a molester even though they have/want children. How could this be prevented?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
They should have made it on an island somewhere in the Arctic Circle though. They could have chased baby seals then instead of babies.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Corral and Cull.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What kind of social structure would they have; where would they work, to eat, buy clothes?
I have professionally treated pedophiles. A wife and husband would daily rape their own children. She was a school bus driver (and taught flute lessons..no kidding), and he was a plumber (again ...no kidding). Another couple were school teachers and had a secret room in their house to record the molestation. They started a fire in their own home and then killed themselves.
I have yet to see a recovery from this demonic, mind twisting "thing," and would not want a society near me. Think about it, there are thousands like them out there. What happens when they all live in a city? They would get their own mayor. Then senators and congressmen next.
No, bad idea. That's why it WILL happen.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I keep seeing sex offender in this article, and that's a far cry from pedophiles. A lot of people get put on the sex offender registry for stuff like peeing into a bush or being two days over 18 and having sex with their girlfriends that are 2 months younger than them.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I keep seeing sex offender in this article, and that's a far cry from pedophiles. A lot of people get put on the sex offender registry for stuff like peeing into a bush or being two days over 18 and having sex with their girlfriends that are 2 months younger than them.

The laws in my country are a bit less insane than the ones you guys have.

The US laws and their ridiculous over use in these circumstances are a gross injustice....but also seem designed to intentionally sink the entire system of sexual predator laws.

I would start looking hard at the judges and prosecutors using the laws in this manner. They are trying to destroy these laws, and I'd suggest they might be doing so because they don't want the registries to be useful.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

far enough from civilization from where they're not around parks and kids," Farris said. "They're not going to be surrounded or have temptations."

I think the parks and kids and temptation part infers pedo's. A 18 y/o having sex with his girlfriend that's a year younger than him and gets a raw deal because of it isn't going to be concerned about the location of parks or kids.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Why is Barbara Farris a champion for pedofiles? Does anyone know?

edit on 24-9-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

See, this is why I could not be a counsellor. I'd run into these people, and it would provoke the killer in me to start thinking up ways to have them turned into slurry and not get caught.

I honour you for your ability to deal with these things.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
i wouldnt want to be the paperboy there..

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Violater1

See, this is why I could not be a counsellor. I'd run into these people, and it would provoke the killer in me to start thinking up ways to have them turned into slurry and not get caught.

I honour you for your ability to deal with these things.

Thank you for your praise.
Although I respect the mental health councilor profession, I am not one.
My education is in medicine and engineering.
It may seem strange to some, but when I'm in the cockpit, or in the hospital, I have a slightly different perspective on life, than when I'm off duty.
I have seen some of the mental illness patients when off duty (yes, and some of the pedophiles) and have learned to don a hat and sunglasses. My professional interaction with some of the child molesters and rapists truly disgust me, but I continue to treat them. After all, I still believe in hope. However, being pragmatic, I realize that rehabilitation is futile, and medication is a perpetual necessity.
Putting them all together would be a colossal mistake. They would feed off and reinforce, each others "thing" or illness.
The current direction, of the PC American society is circling the drain. And this is why I fear Chesterville will be coming to a city near you (us).

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

You have to understand that the vast majority of people are arrogant, hateful bigots. They are sadist's who have a strong desire to hurt others but are too cowardly to expose themselves to the world. So they let go on targets they perceive are safe, that society wouldn't care about.

They don't know that if you have a visible erection in the state of Tennessee in public you can end up on the sex offender list, they don't know if you get caught is Louisiana with your legal wife going down on you(giving you oral) you can get put on the sex offender list. They don't know urinating behind a bar at 3-4am can get you on the sex offender list. And the absolute worst part? Even if they did know they wouldn't care. They are demons born into flesh. Heartless monsters looking for a reason to form lynch mobs.

<<   2 >>

join