It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 year old tasered in the head

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yesterday a News story video popped up on my facebook. This happened in a city not far from where I live.

A few youths got into a street scuffle, 3 from another high school ganged up on a boy, who in turn began to use his belt and a lawn chair for self defense, Someone started filming the scuffle from across the street as the boy defending himself told his girlfriend to call the police. As the scuffle ensues, a local police officer shows up, and without announcing himself tasered the victim in the head and chest. The boy drops unconscious, and youth quickly surround the officer and start shouting at him.

The local police department is trying to cover their bums by saying the boy who was tasered was using weapons to assault the other youths, citing the situation was escalating too quickly and therefore no verbal command is justified.

Watch the video and read on for more detailed information about the events.
What do you guys think? Was this justified force? Perspectives appreciated.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

seems like the shoot now, think later mentality we see all to often
police need to be stopped
pigs have no balls

edit on 23-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

Yeah I would say that wasn't justified. I didn't hear any verbal commands in the distance, the weapon was a belt and those kids weren't even fighting (just grandstanding like idiots). Cop should re trained and not be allowed to carry a tazer until he does.

On the flip side, perhaps it looked like the kid was going for a gun. Highly doubt it but I'm sick of armchair cops spouting off cop hate. It's a tough situation to be in.

Also, did we really need to go racial here?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It really wouldn't be so bad if the police would just own up to mistakes like these instead of covering their asses.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

pigs have no balls

This is the kind of thing I'm so tired of seeing here. Cops definitely have balls. They deal with the scum of the Earth on a daily basis, often in dangerous situations. There are bad cops. There are hero cops. Then there are normal people who are doing their best and make mistakes sometimes.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Standing and shouting at a cop is no good. I'm waiting for the day when youtube shows the cop getting his arse beat for using a Taser.

Anyway, this cop is a trigger happy sissy, real cops don't use Taser's.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Real cops DO use tasers. Tasers are a very valuable tool whn used correctly. In this case though I would have to agree, bad use.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

In my opinion cops are sissies if they use a Taser.... not only that, they are idiots because the Taser can kill, and it's not a tool it's a deadly torture device.
edit on 23-9-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

pigs have no balls

This is the kind of thing I'm so tired of seeing here. Cops definitely have balls. They deal with the scum of the Earth on a daily basis, often in dangerous situations. There are bad cops. There are hero cops. Then there are normal people who are doing their best and make mistakes sometimes.

it doesnt take balls to be a cop
if you have the power to do what you want it gives your ego a big boost and therefore you have less to fear
5-10% of police do need balls and actually do good work
but most are doing pointless work where they opress society and beat citizens up for miniscual reasons
it doesnt take balls to give a speeding fine or lock a kid up for having a joint
most do not deal with any type of scum, they deal with people who get f'd by the law that rules 90% of its power on victimless crime
not to mention they have weapons and a bunch of other people with weapons only 1 call away. and we all know even if its something stupid like having a bit of weed they will get 150 cops on scene just to intimidate.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I find it very ironic the the one who was being attacked and defending himself, getting someone to call 911 because he was threatened by being outnumbered; is the one ending up tased in the face lying unconscious on the ground.

Oh yea, after he 3 surgeons attempted to remove the prongs from his ear and chest, he went straight into police custody to be charged with assault with a weapon and assault with intent to injure.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

So it's better to have a cop punching/wrestling or whacking someone who is not being compliant? It's better to shoot a guy with a knife that won't give it up? Real life isn't a Kung Fu movie. Cops who just bust out the taser for no reason (video above) are sissies... Cops who use the taser responsibly and within the use of force continuum are just smart. Takes risk off them, off the suspect and bystanders. Yeah some people die when they get tased. Some people die when they run away.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
I find it very ironic the the one who was being attacked and defending himself, getting someone to call 911 because he was threatened by being outnumbered; is the one ending up tased in the face lying unconscious on the ground.

Oh yea, after he 3 surgeons attempted to remove the prongs from his ear and chest, he went straight into police custody to be charged with assault with a weapon and assault with intent to injure.

by that logic the pig should be locked up
not to mention about 10000000000 other cops

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
You talking about this incident?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Well I certainly don't know where you're getting your statistics. 10-15% huh?

They never know when something awful is going to happen, that's where the balls come in.

I think you should go on a ride along some day. I've done it a number of times and greatly enjoyed the experience. 3 times I have seen cops toss marijuana out and let the person go.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Nothing makes me vomit in my mouth more than a police brutality video but you do have to admit there are WAY more cops that are not dirty than are. Trust me they are good to have around believe it or not
Just like human beings. There are some horrible ones but the majority are good people. This however is a disguting piece of crap cop that is so fat he was scared to even approach the kid in the first place what a wuss
Bet he feels like a man now

edit on 23-9-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Well I certainly don't know where you're getting your statistics. 10-15% huh?

They never know when something awful is going to happen, that's where the balls come in.

I think you should go on a ride along some day. I've done it a number of times and greatly enjoyed the experience. 3 times I have seen cops toss marijuana out and let the person go.

well of course it would be hard to get statistics but the fact is none of the real criminals are never investigated. most police effort goes into victimless crime, or locking up criminals for who jail shouldnt be an option
police choose their vicitms by socio economics. if they are poor they will attack you and lock you up for some bull law. but if your super rich you can commit slavery and any other crime you want. its a food chain.

of course they dont know when something bad will happen but thats why they have a gun and what we see is that they use there weapons to cause more damage then that rarely occuring 'awful thing' ever would
once again if i had a gun and knew i could shoot anyone with it and get away i would not be scared. and if they are they are in the wrong job.
we get to many little girls in the police force who cant handle situations so they start shooting until they feel safe, or its just a power trip

ive been on a ride just not a preorganised one lol
and they dont let drug offences slide often (once again depends on your socio economics)
most people in jail are there for minor drug stuff
plus thats how the cops run, steal product sell product
police are just a gang run by the government and big bussines cartel

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Cop with Taser = a sissy who likes deadly torture devices, or an idiot with a deadly toy.
They will never be a cop in my book as long as they carry a Taser.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yea, thats the one.
You can read the P.D's statement on their website HERE. Very brief and little detail. I wonder why..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join