It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Humanity Withstand An Invasion Of Earth By Evil Aliens From Outer Space?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
An alien ship will be found by radar,

that is not true,any alien spaceship would be impossible to detect by radar,if they designed it that way...

look at our present day "faceted" shaped stealth aircraft.they have a very small radar signature.

so surely an advanced alien civilization, would have long ago invented a cloaking sheild for their spacecraft.that would make them impossible to detect and perhaps they would position their spaceships in orbit around earth, outside of our visible wavelength and then they would be invisible to us...we would'nt even know they were there...

The scout ships are small, and have a small radar signature due to their shape (saucer).
The large ship (mother ship) may not be saucer shape.

Radar use a large number of frequencies. So it is a matter of which frequency is suitable for detecting an alien ship.

The mother ship will also have significant IR signature.

A ship that is far away from earth is effectively hidden in visible spectrum, as our telescope may not have the resolution to see it. It may also use its shape, and shininess to scatter the light falling on it, so that there is little reflected light. It can hide behind an object like a moon so that our telescope cannot see it.

I would not support the 'cloaking shield' theory.

If the mothership wants to fire at earth, it will have to make itself visible.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Laser and microwave weapons exist with at least three nations. There is a lot of 'news' and 'indirect evidence' of their existence.

Particle beams may be mostly in labs, but there is at least one 'offbeat' news of its use in Iraq.

It is difficult to prove existence of military technology, which is at the cutting edge.

But this is what we are discussing here. So we have to take all variables into account.

I am not good in archiving material, and I refrain from linking to other sites. This is my style. But you can search the Internet for evidence.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
if i was an advanced species of alien,that was invading earth.i would position the mothership in stationary orbit on the dark side of the moon,then i would set up massive supplies and forces on the dark sides surface,before the actual invasion and then when they were ready and prepared,send down attack waves from there...if the invasion happened that way,then what would we be able to do?

edit on 6-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

A large army is very difficult to hide. The same is with a large number of spaceships.

The expense and logistics of a civilization sending a very large fleet of ships to earth to invade may not be justified from cost/benefit angle. Earth is a habitable planet, but there are millions of such planets out there.

It is very expensive to build a viable spaceship. My guess is that it will take hundreds of years to assemble a large mothership in space (yes, it is space where I believe large motherships are assembled, just like our own space station).

Building a large number of large spaceships is a monumental effort. And I am sure a people capable of such effort will find much better planets than earth.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think we earth people feel 'important' and value our possessions so much that we believe somebody out there wants to snatch our possessions.

God created many earths similar to ours. Each earth was created for a race of man. All that a man needed was available on that earth. This is the message of Veda.

Space travel is for knowledge, just like any other travel, and possibly for trade.

I hope earth people start thinking in terms of trading with ETs.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a 1 or 2 mile sized alien, interstellar battleship, would more than likely be large enough to contain an adequate invasion force and could very easily be hidden on the dark side of the moons surface,or stay in orbit behind it...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes, and no.

The ship will not be hidden if in orbit.

If it lands, it will be. My thinking is a mothership will never land, until it wants to crash and die.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

If you are referring to a geo-synchronous orbit around moon, not sure if that is a practical proposition.

You will have to do the math to see the distance and speed etc. needed to enter such an orbit.

Earth's satellites will likely find out a large ship approaching moon.

There is more chance of success in hiding behind Mars.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I hear you. I know already whatever science you are trying to tell me. I am probably more educated than you.

Do not try to teach me quantum physics.

You have nothing new to add. I am telling readers something that they do not know already.

Veda....Veda....Veda.....a person should NEVER make an assumption on how educated another is when using the excuse of....OH....THAT KOOKY CRAZY....SCIENCE AND PHYSICS...THAT SPLIT INFINITY IS TALKING ABOUT....GRANTED...IT IS USED TO ENGINEER JUST ABOUT EVERY MODERN APPLIANCE AND COMMUNICATION DEVICE...INCLUDING MY POSTING RIGHT NOW....BECAUSE I HAVE THE TRUE REALITY HERE IN SOME ANCIENT ARCHAIC TEXT I HAVE READ....so that means I must be far more educated and smarter than SPLIT. LOL!

I have been going easy on you and I do not like to embarrass people....but 99% of what you have been posting theories that would make Hawkings SLAP YOUR FACE! LOL!

Granted...there are many things about the MULTIVERSE that we are now just getting a clue about....but there are things we CAN ACTUALLY DO....based on known Physics....and the theories you have presented could not be used to calculate or build ANYTHING that would actually work.

THAT....is the true guage and merit of any fact of the Universe or in the case of Quantum Mechanics....which is demonstrated every time any of us use a CELL PHONE....MULTIVERSAL THEORY....it's guage of value and merit is ALWAYS.....CAN YOU USE THE THEORY TO MAKE ANYTHING WORK?! Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

Light is just like sound.

An emitter of sound can be very small or very big, but the sound always travels at the same speed depending on medium.

The light is able to travel in space, whileas sound does not. It is because light is electromagnetic phenomenon that does not require matter. Sound is vibration of matter particles.

Both are waves.

By your logic that Light and Sound are the same because they are both waves.....I make a big wave everytime I make a CANNONBALL in my pool....so by your reasoning....that wave is the same as a wave in my considerably long hair. Both waves right? COME ON!

I am a musician and know quite a bit about sound....how it behaves....various frequencies of....for instance....anything between 0 and 400 cycles is too low for a Human to hear....but they can FEEL IT!

Sound is simply the cascade reaction of transfer of kinetic energy between atoms. The denser the material the transfer occurs in...the FASTER THE TRANSFER. The less dense the material....the slower the transfer...this is why the sound barrier is variable at different hights in the atmosphere since the higher up one goes...the thinner the air.

As far as LIGHT...light frequency is not variable in any way close to how sound frequency is variable. It is APPLES AND ORANGES. Sound frequency generated in lets say...picking a string on a guitar....the density of the string as well as the material the string is made of as well as quantity of mass or length...etc...etc...will allow a higher or lower frequency to be produced from the interaction of picking the string as well as the cavity of the guitar and as well as atmospheric conditions.

In the case of light....light is NOT CREATED BY SIMPLE KINETIC TRANSFER AS IN SOUND. All created light must be due to a release of energy through either CHEMICAL, BIOCHEMICAL, NUCLEAR, THERMONUCLEAR, ELECTRICAL....or CHEMICAL REACTION BROUGHT ABOUT BY FRICTION OR ELECTROMAGNETIC EFFECT.

The two are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT other than the fact they can both attain a state of frequency.
Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You do not have to go easy on me.

I shall only quote an article which is genuine about particles faster than light.

hosted.ap.org...

Now hang your head in shame and go away.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

reply to post by blocula

Light is just like sound.

An emitter of sound can be very small or very big, but the sound always travels at the same speed depending on medium.

The light is able to travel in space, whileas sound does not. It is because light is electromagnetic phenomenon that does not require matter. Sound is vibration of matter particles.

Both are waves.

By your logic that Light and Sound are the same because they are both waves.....I make a big wave everytime I make a CANNONBALL in my pool....so by your reasoning....that wave is the same as a wave in my considerably long hair. Both waves right? COME ON!

I am a musician and know quite a bit about sound....how it behaves....various frequencies of....for instance....anything between 0 and 400 cycles is too low for a Human to hear....but they can FEEL IT!

Sound is simply the cascade reaction of transfer of kinetic energy between atoms. The denser the material the transfer occurs in...the FASTER THE TRANSFER. The less dense the material....the slower the transfer...this is why the sound barrier is variable at different hights in the atmosphere since the higher up one goes...the thinner the air.

As far as LIGHT...light frequency is not variable in any way close to how sound frequency is variable. It is APPLES AND ORANGES. Sound frequency generated in lets say...picking a string on a guitar....the density of the string as well as the material the string is made of as well as quantity of mass or length...etc...etc...will allow a higher or lower frequency to be produced from the interaction of picking the string as well as the cavity of the guitar and as well as atmospheric conditions.

In the case of light....light is NOT CREATED BY SIMPLE KINETIC TRANSFER AS IN SOUND. All created light must be due to a release of energy through either CHEMICAL, BIOCHEMICAL, NUCLEAR, THERMONUCLEAR, ELECTRICAL....or CHEMICAL REACTION BROUGHT ABOUT BY FRICTION OR ELECTROMAGNETIC EFFECT.

The two are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT other than the fact they can both attain a state of frequency.
Split Infinity

Did I say light and sound are same??

You are mis-interpreting my words.

Varying density of air affects speed of sound - Yes.

Varying density of air affects speed of light - ???

The electromagnetic spectrum is much wider than sound. A simple wiki search can prove that. There is a hell lot of frequencies in electromagnetic spectrum. The low end of EM waves are created by very large electrical discharges, and not just by individual atoms like visible light.

If you are hell bent on proving 'dual' nature of light, knock yourself out. All I ask is what is a light photon - define it. If you cannot, just accept that you know nothing.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

A large army is very difficult to hide. The same is with a large number of spaceships.

Not behind Jupiter it wouldn't be...

As for the advanced weapons, yes, I'm well aware of the evidence for them, however until they are mainstream, I wasn't considering them as being in our arsenal.

If we have, or developed a weapon that could strike at orbiting ships, then yes, THEN we'd have a decent shot, but again, we'd still likely lose to eventual attrition. But, at least it's less of a certainty. Of course, such weapons would also be priority targets, and once fired...well, they are toast.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

War ia a game of strategy.

If earth people have the tools, they can sure develop a strategy.

We have planes now with very low radar visibility. It is due to development of materials and technique. The radar technology is also dynamic. It is possible to find a plane with low radar visibility.

It is a game of cat and mouse.

My point is earth has reached a level of technological maturity where the game is not one-sided.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
another rather sinister way that the aliens could invade and take over earth.is to arrive like wolves in sheeps clothing.

if they would seem hideous and terrifying to us.the aliens may realize that and disguise themselves by adorning some kind of external holographic costume.we then might see and hear beautiful blonde nordic aliens,never realizing the monsters lurking just beneath their camoflaged veneer...till it was too late...

and in their nordic appearance.they could land all over earth,with peaceful and loving overtures."we are your friendly brothers from the stars" "who come to your earth as saviours" "we have arrived just in time to rescue you and your planet from a great and eminent calamity from space"... which would be a lie,created by the aliens.who would then appear to avert our disasterous demise and then we might fall head over heals for them...till it was too late...

what if their invasion force waited a few million miles away and then they sent down one of themselves disguised as christ returned.who would then perform a few miracles.he would be able to walk on water and bring the dead back to life...that would probably be the most evil tactic of all...
edit on 7-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If i was an alien and wanted to take humans out of the equation it wouldn't be a hard proposition. Once nearing the solar system cut engines and using the momentum and local gravity wells, plot a really elegant aproach course to earth. This would do away with any potential heat signatures from the engines ( asuming they'd need them). Also simply painting the ship/ships matt black should keep them invisible to most telescopes.

Once close enough to the planet i'd launch a stealth projectile/rocket containing either a biological or nanotech payload thats capable of wiping out humans without touching the other types of life.

Not a lot we could do about it really if a suitably advanced race decided they liked the look of our real estate. Just ask the tasmanian natives.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
they could be so technologically advanced, that they would be able to de-gravitate earth for a little while.then a lot of useless material and people would just float off into space.then they could re-activate the earths gravity and land...thats more than a little frightening...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I'd like to think the aliens would be a little more efficient than that - stopping a planet would take a fair old bit of juice and if they had that level of tech they probably would just build ringworlds or dyson spheres to satisfy their civilisational needs.

In the virtually impossibly unlikely event we get hit by aliens they'd probably be fairly local in a galactic sense and probably fairly similar to us humans if they still doing the old war thing. This might be a hopefull sign as they obviously aren't so intelligent they've found a different method of commodity acumulation other than war.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo's ( ahem)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
not to stop the earth from orbiting around the sun... the aliens could just "turn off earths gravitational field"...then turn it back on...after we and our junk floated away...no shots fired, no blood spilled...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Wouldn't that take the atmosphere, the oceans and everything not tied down too ? I'd of thought in the vastness of space and the mind bogglingly large quantities of materials out there the only real thing of value on earth would be the genetics of the various species - i don't know though, i probably read too much science fiction

edit on 7-10-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join