It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians submit UN statehood bid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
source

Thought this was interesting, Would like your opinions.

It appears the U.S. doesn't want them to apply for statehood or be near the U.N. for that matter?
edit on 9/23/2011 by XJMatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
In before fundie Christians screaming about the end of days.

It's obvious it will fail as the U.S. will veto.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
the US veto will be the signal to the world that the US is the new Nazi state.

god help us all

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

god help us all

If they didn't think we were a nazi state after invading iraq, bailing out big banks and bombing Libya people were just damn stupid. Obama was just a bone thrown to a mad dog. We are getting perry is 2012 and it's back to open fascism.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

god help us all

This is how I feel about it also. I mean I understand where the U.S. is coming from to a slight degree, But I feel like it would be a good thing possibly to give them the bid.

Isreal is part of the U.N. maybe, Just maybe, If the palestinians were aswell there would be a little more respect between the two and peace WOULD eventually come between them. I think the U.S. is just afraid that if it happens that Isreal and Palestine will try to use the U.N. against each other which could have bad repurcussions ( even more then usual) For the U.N.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

god help us all

If they didn't think we were a nazi state after invading iraq, bailing out big banks and bombing Libya people were just damn stupid. Obama was just a bone thrown to a mad dog. We are getting perry is 2012 and it's back to open fascism.

I think a war of great magnitude is unfortunately coming and Obama will not have to leave office...I remember reading that there is a law that a President cannot be replaced during a Major War...I honestly thought Bush was setting the stage to be a dictator by declaring an unending war but turns out TPTB had 1 last trick to pull (Obama).

Now it seems everything is in place and they just tipped the first domino...(Music Playing.. "The Final Countdown")

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Watch it here live ;

UN live

Abbas is speaking right now.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

god help us all

With Rick Perry or Sarah Palin as President in 2012, we are on the most efficient route to WW3, and then finally, world peace!

It has to get worse before it gets better!

Thanks for the live link Vitchilo, will watch it now.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy

I think a war of great magnitude is unfortunately coming and Obama will not have to leave office...I remember reading that there is a law that a President cannot be replaced during a Major War...I honestly thought Bush was setting the stage to be a dictator by declaring an unending war but turns out TPTB had 1 last trick to pull (Obama).

Now it seems everything is in place and they just tipped the first domino...(Music Playing.. "The Final Countdown")

Yea, i remember everyone saying that, never happened. I don't think it is going to happen with Obama either. TPTB want full out war, they need a warhawk to get it and Obama isn't good enough.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

what ? wouldnt it be the other way round ? nazi = antisemite = against israel ?

edit on 23-9-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It seems to me that either both should be in, or both should be out.

Why is Israel a member state? Surely the reasons for keeping Palestine out are no more reasonable than allowing Israel to behave however the gov wishes yet to be a full member of the UN.

Am I missing something? There appear to be terrorists in the gov on both sides.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ok, did he just call for the Palestinian Spring?

I did not think he would use such wording.

I actually had compassion until this point and the provocative rhetoric that followed.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy

Yea, i remember everyone saying that, never happened. I don't think it is going to happen with Obama either. TPTB want full out war, they need a warhawk to get it and Obama isn't good enough.

Yeah..you're probably right, Obama doesn't seem to have the backbone they would need in that circumstance..So heres my prediction: Ron Paul Does Awesome in election time and becomes a threat which gets him killed. TPTB rig the election for Perry because he's the perfect Idiot for a scapegoat figurehead and The World as we know it comes to a fiery end.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

You are right. In fact, Israelis committed an act of terrorism on ealier today.

Israel terrorist attack on Palestinians

The deadly clash near the West Bank village of Qusra was witnessed by an AP photographer, who said the confrontation began when Israeli settlers burned and uprooted trees in the area. The Israeli military said settlers and Palestinian villagers threw stones at each other, and confirmed that soldiers at some point started firing live rounds.

Okay, time for a blockade on Israel. They should be demoted to a non member state as well.

If the tables were turned and the Palestinians started this attack, then they would have been labelled as terrorists and air strikes would have been deployed.

Looks like to me the settlers are terrorists too. All you Israel supporters should think twice next time before you label the Palestinians as terrorists. It goes both ways right?

edit on 23-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Watch it here live ;

UN live

Abbas is speaking right now.

Thanks for the link Vitchilo!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
LOTS of applause. Interesting what will happen now. His speech seems to be going off. Mind you, first time i've watched this UN feed before.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The dirtbag Netanyahu will talk to the UN later... I don't know at which time, but right now it's Japan speaking. After that it'll be Bhutan, then it'll be Netanyahu.

Probably gonna say that the Palestinians are terrorists or something.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Do they have a set limit for how long they talk for. like 30 minutes?

I was watching tonthroughv BBC World (though ABC 24 Australia) but the dicks here in Australia cut it off for re-run programs. Hate that!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There still are 16 countries yet to be released and are listed on the UN Decolonization List.

Since the UN is toothless and can't even get them set free, ain't no way Palestine will be a State.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

Here you can watch everything live,its also good for watching anything Goverment related.

www.c-span.org
edit on 23-9-2011 by Shenon because: grammar

top topics

<<   2 >>

join