It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT: NASA: U.S. back in UARS satellite strike zone!!!!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u

Originally posted by Deplume

Apparently taken over Africa...

PICTURE OF DEBRIS

I saw it go across the sky. on this site i went outside to look just before it got here on that run when it went over the horn of africa and then past austrailia onto america texas and past Minnesota, I saw it, i followed it and still am now. How could of it landed already when the site i'm on was so close that i saw it by tracking it on this site. I still have googlesattrack-uars on now.

im in Rio Rancho, NM and i watched 2 pieces go past an hour ago. one piece was low on the horizon, one was right over head. and it was AMAZING.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Y'know what really grinds my gears.. is Americas ME ME ME-ness about all of this..
Oh everyone breathes a sigh of relief when America isn't forecasted as being underneath this thing when it drops..
..the fact that it moves away from the YOU and travels over the top of OTHER countries, i.e. Europe, Africa, Australia.. barely even gets a mention. (Weird right? Other places except America... who'd have guessed?)

It's not just ats, everyone's at it.. even NASA themselves!

Because in the teeny tiny very unlikely possibility that a piece of this thing hits a person/people... anyone else living outside of U.S. is expendable right???

edit on 23-9-2011 by Deplume because: (no reason given)

self centered Americans that thinks the world revolves around them and that they need to police the world? Surely you jest good sir. I would have you know that Americans as a majority are highly intellectual hard working and have a very keen sense of culture AND tolerance. I will most certainly not sit here and watch you bad mouth such a proud and well earned respect that they themselves never promote. I think we "others" as we should rightly be called should be glad that the shining beacon of righteousness that is America is not threatened even in the slightest by this falling space object. Its our duty to take one for the team. God forbid it crashes in L.A. and they stop making such educational and emotionally inspiring shows such as days of our lives or bold and the beautiful. WHAT would the drunk house wives of Beverly hills do then i ask you huh? huh? Exactly.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

An hour ago the satellite was over the Pacific Ocean.
Whatever you saw, it was not UARS.

link   
reply to post by Phage

But across the top of the screen it says, "Real Time Tracking and Positioning of UARS."

link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Forget radar. Don't we have low satellites that can track satellites? If i were putting up a satellite, I'd make one just for this purpose. In fact, I'm sure they have, it would insane not to have done that.

Oh, they have them....but that information is classified; and it is only available on a "need to know" basis. Do you seriously think that "they" think we need to know?

I joke, I joke....I kid, I kid...

But seriously, that's the truth.

link   
www.spaceflightnow.com...

South of Australia if UARS is still moving. The update on this site suggests its 'possible' it is down and will update on re-entry etc. When someone says 'possible' that is not definite is it? Humm what to believe?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by cloaked4u

Zombie satellite.
You are not seeing real time data.

Thats whats confusing me, because this site i'm on now gave me a headsup on when to go outside and look and when i did, there it was , I saw it Move in the sky. How can this be a zombie site then?

link   

Originally posted by proob4
Track it on this site and it still shows it. It is where I got the update news also.
Tracker
edit on 24-9-2011 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

Didn't you see the tweet from NASA?

'It's final orbit did not cross the United States."

link   
reply to post by Reaching

Yes it does.
But it isn't. The only place with real, real time tracking is NORAD and they don't give out information very freely.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Y'know what really grinds my gears.. is Americas ME ME ME-ness about all of this..
Oh everyone breathes a sigh of relief when America isn't forecasted as being underneath this thing when it drops..
..the fact that it moves away from the YOU and travels over the top of OTHER countries, i.e. Europe, Africa, Australia.. barely even gets a mention. (Weird right? Other places except America... who'd have guessed?)

It's not just ats, everyone's at it.. even NASA themselves!

Because in the teeny tiny very unlikely possibility that a piece of this thing hits a person/people... anyone else living outside of U.S. is expendable right???

edit on 23-9-2011 by Deplume because: (no reason given)

self centered Americans that thinks the world revolves around them and that they need to police the world? Surely you jest good sir. I would have you know that Americans as a majority are highly intellectual hard working and have a very keen sense of culture AND tolerance. I will most certainly not sit here and watch you bad mouth such a proud and well earned respect that they themselves never promote. I think we "others" as we should rightly be called should be glad that the shining beacon of righteousness that is America is not threatened even in the slightest by this falling space object. Its our duty to take one for the team. God forbid it crashes in L.A. and they stop making such educational and emotionally inspiring shows such as days of our lives or bold and the beautiful. WHAT would the drunk house wives of Beverly hills do then i ask you huh? huh? Exactly.

ROTFL...

As temper tantrums go, that wasn't one of my best..
I clearly poured too much milk on my bitchflakes this morning...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
So when do you think that we will actually wind up with confirmation that the huge, broken orbiting schoolbus finally crashed down on us?

(Like how long does it take for that to come through?)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Reaching

Yes it does.
But it isn't. The only place with real, real time tracking is NORAD and they don't give out information very freely.

NORAD??? rings a bell.... same group of guys who were in charge of tracking commercial jet going off course in 2001??? did pick up on the fact that 3 no wait 4 planes were off course for a couple of hours???? THAT NORAD?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11

Track it on this site and it still shows it. It is where I got the update news also.
Tracker

Exactly. I have it in austrailia right now again, going along the beach area there and heading towards u.s.a.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Your comment just made my day lol. I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If it went down already there might be debris following the same route... anyway this was fun following the thread.
edit on 24-9-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I know you're all just dying to know what's happened to it so while you wait how about Draw a Stickman

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

NORAD is not in charge of tracking commercial or other aircraft. The FAA does that.

edit on 9/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I think what people are seeing on the tracking websites might be projections rather than actual real time tracking.

That or it has crashed and is still orbiting...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u

Originally posted by seeker11

Tracker

Exactly. I have it in austrailia right now again, going along the beach area there and heading towards u.s.a.

Not sure, but I am on the big island of hawaii and saw a satellite go speeding by overhead about 4 minutes ago heading northeast, does this make sense per tracking?
edit on 24-9-2011 by TSSCI because: changed NW to NE

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
srry add to
According to the BBC there is a good chance it will hit UK.
As an add just been taken pics outside n pict up a pic of 3 dots in unison(stars whatever)in formation dont know if this is summat to do with my camara or artifacts.can some 1 tell me how to upload this without avin to use the dreaded u tube?

edit on 24-9-2011 by EGH123 because: (no reason given)
no reason just new at this
edit on 24-9-2011 by EGH123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join