It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT: NASA: U.S. back in UARS satellite strike zone!!!!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Top 3 questions from conspiracy theorists:

3. Why hasn't HAARP brought this thing down already?
2. How big will the tsunami be if it hits the ocean?
1. Will the Annuanki intervene and save us all from ourselves?

Truth:

The UARS crash down is a fictional episode, created by Phage, in order to keep us occupied on a mundane Friday night, while more important events are occurring globally.

Shame on you Phage!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

There is not a lot of radar in the middle of the Pacific. It is a very big ocean. The radar that is there is mostly designed to look for airplanes, not satellites.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I thought the Blossom Goodchild affair was just as much fun and that wasn't mine.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Latest update from NASA

Update #13 NASA

Fri, 23 Sep 2011 09:55:17 PM PDT

As of 10:30 p.m. EDT on Sept. 23, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 85 miles by 90 miles (135 km by 140 km). Re-entry was expected between 11:45 p.m. Friday, Sept. 23, and 12:45 a.m., Sept. 24, Eastern Daylight Time (3:45 a.m. to 4:45 a.m. GMT). During that time period, the satellite was passing over Canada and Africa, as well as vast areas of the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans. The risk to public safety was very remote. NASA is working to confirm the re-entry location and time and will provide an update shortly.

www.nasa.gov...

Also latest tweet from NASA

NASA
@AnaUribe_26 The U.S. is very safe from #UARS. It's final orbit did not cross the United States.

edit on 23-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Whats that dot on the tracker that uars is heading towards?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Deplume

There is not a lot of radar in the middle of the Pacific. It is a very big ocean. The radar that is there is mostly designed to look for airplanes, not satellites.

Okay, I'll grudgingly admit to not having a clue. I just assumed fast moving metal was the same regardless of where it was coming from, and that planes could be radar tracked across oceans..

...I'm from the UK though, we don't have congressmen..

(C'mon NASA.. inquiring minds wanna know!)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
NASA tweet:
NASA NASA
@
@AnaUribe_26 The U.S. is very safe from #UARS. It's final orbit did not cross the United States.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
iPad at 25%....,,, I predicted 23% only two to go!!!!

link   
Well guys as much fun as it's been I gotta get some sleep. Gotta work tomorrow and obviously this isn't a satellite it's superman because it is down a much more efficient job at flying then falling. Have a goodnight all I'll check in the morning to see where it ended up.

link   

Originally posted by Deplume
reply to post by Phage

But there's radar all over the place... how else do we stop planes from hitting each other?
Call me a berk, but I thought that was the point of radar, to detect objects.. Surely another country could confirm with their radar, if it's not close enough to the ones used in the U.S.?

This thing is traveling at a very high rate of speed and crossing states in a matter of minutes, i figure a couple of blips on radar and it's gone. They are tracking it from space somewhere i presume, my guess.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Apparently taken over Africa...

PICTURE OF DEBRIS

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Forget radar. Don't we have low satellites that can track satellites? If i were putting up a satellite, I'd make one just for this purpose. In fact, I'm sure they have, it would insane not to have done that.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
NASA says the agency is working to confirm the re-entry location and time. It will provide an update shortly.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume

Apparently taken over Africa...

PICTURE OF DEBRIS

I saw it go across the sky. on this site i went outside to look just before it got here on that run when it went over the horn of africa and then past austrailia onto america texas and past Minnesota, I saw it, i followed it and still am now. How could of it landed already when the site i'm on was so close that i saw it by tracking it on this site. I still have googlesattrack-uars on now.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It is still flying up there according to the site i am on right at this minute.

link   
NASA's dead satellite is making its final go-round
today.msnbc.msn.com...

I think those pictures look real..

Couldn't be that remote of a place if people had cams and could see it..
edit on 24-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

A good point. Obviously.
In any case the determination of when re-entry occurred must come from STRATCOM.

link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

I'm with you Cloaked4U. I'm having trouble believing that it's down.

Any guesses as to how much longer?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Zombie satellite.
You are not seeing real time data.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Track it on this site and it still shows it. It is where I got the update news also.
Tracker
edit on 24-9-2011 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join