It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Peace-Movement was a Soviet Psy-Operation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
One of the biggest untold psy-operations in History was one of the Soviet Unions against the USA during the "Cold-War" era. In one of the most devious war tactics ever conceived, Russia created, founded and funded various "Peace" and "Anti-War" movements on American and foreign soil throughout the 50s, especially the 60s and 70s and well into the 80s. Americas War efforts having stopped Nazi as well as Communist world expansion, they needed to come up with something new to beat their enemy. Outside of the works of scholars and historians you will not hear much about this in mainstream-media because the idea of covert mass-manipulation on such a grand scale is not taken well among the general public...especially when it addresses something as idealistic and nice looking as the Peace-Movement.

What finally gave the Soviets away as the secret sponsors of the Peace-Movement is that many of the Peace-Organizations attacked the USA exclusively and never criticized the armament of the Soviets. Over time it became apparent that they were not actually interested in Peace, they instead wanting to win the Cold War by demoralizing the U.S. and interfering with its foreign policy. Large parts of the "anti-war" movement appear to have been a covert operation to win the Ultimate War of the 20th Century. American "peace activists" were cynically seen as nothing more than "useful idiots" by the Soviet Regime. We are still experiencing the aftershocks of this massive campaign today. What follows are some of the high-ranking witnesses that have testified to this conspiracy.

* Stanislav Lunev

Stanislav Lunev, the highest ranking military intelligence officer ever to defect to the U.S. and to this day part of an extensive "witness protection program" reported that the Soviets spent more for funding the anti-war movement in America than on funding the VietCong. In his own words: "the GRU and the KGB helped to fund just about every antiwar movement and organization in America and abroad". He describes the campaign as "hugely successful and well worth the cost".

* Oleg Kalugin

Oleg Kalugin was a KGB General. As such he was the head of operations in the U.S. He testified saying that he created "all sorts of congresses, peace congresses, youth congresses, festivals, womens movements, trade union movements and campaigns against U.S. Missiles in Europe, campaigns against neutron weapons and much more"

* Richard Felix Staar

According to the Stanford University political scientist and military historian Richard F. Staar, some of the psy-ops were organized by the Soviet "World Peace Council" which created numerous anti-war protests and criticism of arms-building (criticism from which Russian arms were always suspiciously exempt). In his scholary book "Foreign Policies of the Soviet Union" Staar proves Soviet funding for organizations such as "The International Institute for Peace", "The Esperantist Movement for World Peace", innocent sounding coalitions such as "International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War" and many others.

* Vladimir Bukovsky

Bukovsky was a Soviet defector who claimed that KGB operations went much further than only the Peace-Movement. He was instrumental in exposing the horrors of soviet Psychiatry and the maltreatment of political prisoners and dissidents in soviet labour camps. According to his account, the 1980 "World Parliament of Peoples for Peace" was a KGB Operation.

* Sergei Tretyakayov

Tretyakayov is considered "one of the most famous spies in the world". According to him, the Soviet "Peace Commitee" founded and funded peace-demonstrations against U.S. Bases all over Europe. As seen in the link above, Tretyakayov recently passed away. Some intelligence sources believe foul play was involved in his death, because he tipped off authorities about a spy ring in the U.S. Shortly before his death Obama reportedly wanted to use him in a "spy swap" program with Russia.

The conspiracy is against well-intended peace-activists that naively think they are doing good when in fact they are being used by shadowy Government agendas for other purposes than they know. This is why it is so important to know who ultimately benefits when you are fighting for a cause. Hidden agendas are always best masked in sweet words and ideals.

There is much more that could be uncovered about the hidden agendas past and present as they relate to global politics. Suffice it to say that an idealistic looking movement that only targets America or any other single nation may be something different than can be seen.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Communism in Russia back then was a Zionist experiment. So I'm not surprised if there were double agents on both sides.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
No one has ever looked into John Kerry's financial records during the time he was the chief perpetrator of his infamous 'Viet Nam Vets Against The War'! This group he started and ran was his stepping stone to the Senate seat he now holds. He spent hundreds of thousands of dollars and no one has ever asked who financed him. It sure wasn't the Vets in his group. They were mostly out of work themselves. When the march took place in DC, the men I met, including my self, were lucky to have the money to get home from there and most hitchhiked to get there. Who financed 'The Weather Underground.? It takes MONEY, and lots of it, to do what they did!

Zindo
edit on 9/22/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
9/11 or NWO consperacies not enough eh? Now lets turn the peace movement into something else.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
No one has ever looked into John Kerry's financial records during the time he was the chief perpetrator of his infamous 'Viet Nam Vets Against The War'! This group he started and ran was his stepping stone to the Senate seat he now holds. He spent hundreds of thousands of dollars and no one has ever asked who financed him. It sure wasn't the Vets in his group. They were mostly out of work themselves. When the march took place in DC, the men I met, including my self, were lucky to have the money to get home from there and most hitchhiked to get there. Who financed 'The Weather Underground.? It takes MONEY, and lots of it, to do what they did!

Interesting.

I guess all "grassroots" and "of the people" and "idealistic" movements and campaigns that have huge unaccounted for funds should be viewed with some suspicion.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have heard/seen accounts that the whole 60's drug thing was. The guy that mentions it on youtube was labeled crazy back then and had his career destroyed.

It does seem like the logical thing to do though. IIRC the same techniques have been applied elsewhere later: deprave entire generations in the enemy camp, and cash in their money... B)

-not that I don't like a bit of this and that now and then, but western men DO seem a bit emasculated these days. :/

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
So was MLK. Records sealed till 2050. Good strategy on USSR's part and it's still working today.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
9/11 or NWO consperacies not enough eh? Now lets turn the peace movement into something else.

This conspiracy is actually historically confirmed. What is interesting is that it used to be "only a conspiracy theory". Then, later, after the fall of the Soviet Union, KGB agents actually came out admitting that it is true.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I don't deny that this is true, but weren't the first cointel operations of the US government used to infiltrate peace movement groups targeting individuals like Abbie Hoffman?
edit on 22-9-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by khnumkhufu
I have heard/seen accounts that the whole 60's drug thing was. The guy that mentions it on youtube was labeled crazy back then and had his career destroyed.

It does seem like the logical thing to do though. IIRC the same techniques have been applied elsewhere later: deprave entire generations in the enemy camp, and cash in their money... B)

-not that I don't like a bit of this and that now and then, but western men DO seem a bit emasculated these days. :/

This guy...Yuri Bezmenov claims that the entire counter-culture movement was created by the Soviets.

I did not add him to the OP because I think his claims are exaggerated and seem overly biased. But who knows...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I don't deny that this is true, but weren't the first cointel operations of the US government used to infiltrate peace movement groups targeting individuals like Abbie Hoffman?
edit on 22-9-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

I think so. But perhaps they infiltrated them because they were suspicious of who was behind them..

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
So was MLK. Records sealed till 2050. Good strategy on USSR's part and it's still working today.

Do you have any sources for this? Id hate to see good ol MLK sponsored in this way.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I find the Soviet involvement in the anti-nuclear movement fascinating. Not content merely to steal our technology, they turned a large fraction of our populace against a technology that could have given us a critical edge in energy production. And then they blew up Chernobyl. Had the Soviets not funded anti-nuke propaganda, and had they not handled their own nuclear program so badly, our nuclear program might be decades ahead of where it is now.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

I'm not sure if you needed to fund anti nuke propaganda. People are not stupid, people realized the potential devastation of these weapons and rightfully protested against them. You don't need too much propaganda to realise the effects of Nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

What finally gave the Soviets away as the secret sponsors of the Peace-Movement is that many of the Peace-Organizations attacked the USA exclusively and never criticized the armament of the Soviets.

Wouldn't it also be plausible that they just really were American citizens and so they didn't care about the Soviet's armaments? Let the Soviet people protest the Soviet armament.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

www.worldaffairsbrief.com...

www.martinlutherking.org...

Soon after returning from a trip to Moscow in 1958, Rustin organized the first of King's famous marches on Washington. The official organ of the Communist Party, "The Worker,- - openly declared the march to be a Communist project. Although he left King's employ as secretary in 1961, Rustin was called upon by King to be second in command of the much larger march on Washington which took place on August 28, 1963.

Per request, I didn't mean to derail here...sorry.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

Per request, I didn't mean to derail here...sorry.

No Derailment. Thanks for the source.

Im still hoping/thinking MLK himself was genuine.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Wouldn't it also be plausible that they just really were American citizens and so they didn't care about the Soviet's armaments? Let the Soviet people protest the Soviet armament.

Most American protestors were innocent peace-activists with no hidden agenda and no knowledge of what was going on at the top.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Im still hoping MLK himself was genuine.

I am quite certain many peace activists were genuine despite who claims to be behind the movement and for what purpose.

Do you suppose the whole anti-Vietnam War campaign was peopled by herded zombies doing the bidding of a foreign nation with no actual interest in the movement themselves? Sure, we all wanted to go off and fight in that war in those days except for the commie-loving anti-war hippies. And if not for that same faction organizing all this there would have been no peace marches in the South and we would still have segregated schools, neighborhoods, restaurants, drinking fountains, etc.

Right!

edit on 22-9-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Im still hoping MLK himself was genuine.

IMO MLK was genuine but the forces surrounding the expanded situation were nefarious in nature. Many had suspicions and theories that the Soviets were behind such activities. This doesn't surprise me. However, I feel that the era in question would have taken place irregardless of the Soviets participation and that the Soviets were along for the ride not the cause. This period in US history and consciousness was coming to pass in any case.

Unquestionable loyalty to the Government had shackled the average Americans mindset. Vietnam, Segregation, Johnson - Nixon and Watergate etc were all exposed in a very blatant undeniable manner. The Soviets had underestimated [Which always seems to be the case] the average Americans ability to work through the issues of the day and believed the US would fly apart. This lack of perception on their part was due to their misunderstanding of who we are and how the US functions and exists.

I've read someplace once where that the Soviets believed the US was suffering from and subject to the same issues as their Union. The problem there is that the Average Soviet had an entirely different mindset. Having said that, it seemed to have all back fired on the Soviets. Vietnam came to a close, The Civil rights movement moved forward, Average Americans [Contrary to popular belief] Do question their representatives more and pay closer attention to details. The System still needs work though. Nothing is perfect or ever will be.

In the End we came out the other side better off. As far as the Soviets? Well, soon after Their Vietnam [Afghanistan] they were the ones who flew apart.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join