It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

You're ignoring the fact that this claim was created by pop psychologists and when they created it they meant it in terms of area. You can't take a claim (which has been proven false mind you) and then twist its meaning around into something its creator didn't intend just to try to prove your point. Now, before I discuss the flaws in your claim I just have one question. If the brain is currently only operating at 10% of its maximum efficiency through what mechanism does it attain that other 90%?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Your questions about primates are all there. Your denial that we are closely linked is shown false by the diseases, parasites and dietry problems we share. Disease you asked for info on.

Your continuous stance that only humans get ill are shown false. There is even a small section on dairy products. Gingervitis.

You did not even notice the reply I gave you originally for reproductively active female chimps being given folic acid in the same doses as an adult female human to prevent problems during pregnancy. The exact same problems faced by human mothers to be.

Yes there is a lot to read and most of it you could replace chimp for human and it would apply. Sometimes you do have to read to get information. It cannot all be gained from watching the TV.

edit on 9-12-2011 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by steveknows

No we're just living longer than we used to and at some point evolution will fix the ailments that we suffer as a result of living longer.
Well we might be living longer than a specific period but even in the bible is says we used to live 1000 years so no, we aren't living as long as we used to. But that was only because of a punishment that god set on us, Living on the wrong planet could also impact us as well. Come to think of it the time frame could be totally different as well.

What do you mean when you say "even the bible"??? The bible isn't objective proof of anything what people BELIEVED back then. There's no objective evidence that humans used to live longer than today (thanks to science like agriculture and medicine)...quite the contrary is true. We know for a FACT that humans used to live less long

The average life span of humans tops out at around 90 years because of GENETICS. You can have the best lifestyle in the world, never smoke, do plenty of sports, eat healthy, and so no...but eventually, genetics catch up with you. Given that we know about how humans evolved, and we can examine genetics way back into our evolution, we know for a fact that the 1000 year claims are complete and utter nonsense.

Just like talking snakes, global floods, and people living inside whales

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Not read much of this thread, not an expert on Evolution or Creation either. I've studied earth bound science for a long time, doing bore samples for BGS etc. I can tell you this Earth has undergone substantial change since it was formed 4,3 billions of years ago. I have to use the isotopic ratio's of lead. I've driven into the Earths earliest rocks, they are 4.38 billion years old.

So,.. well there has been countless and sudden environmental changes on this planet that account for the diversity of life we see. We evolved as a species and we have evolved to fit this environment well. What i don't accept is what i was taught at college, (and Dawren theory was considerd absolute). my teachings that we evolved from apes.

Is it the design of Natural evolution that the human genome could possibly develope the self awrareness, the conciousness, the ability to think on the level we do,..the ability to change our environment in such a way we could even alter or destroy it? Has the human brain really advanced this far that we can create such machines as these and converse with each other on a site like this, ATS?.

The earth has a prolific array of life and it fits perfectly with the ecosystem of this planet. If nature is so perfect in it's ecology which we see as an advanced species,.. would it not be dangerous to assume that the normal course of ecology would create man?. A race so far advanced it could undermine and even destroy this fragile balance of ecology on earth?

Some say it is the natural course of evolution, For our brains to develop in this way?....I'm saying it's wong. We would still be living in holes in the ground or up in trees if we followed the earths plan, nature or w/e you call it. What i'm saying is something happened for us to evolve the way we did. Call it devine intervention, but something happened, Whatever it was it was a combination of evolution and creation. Humans do not 'fit' into the order of life on this planet.

We have the destiny to control/ detroy this planet we live on. We have been given the tools to advance our intelligence and to go beyond and be the race we were supposed to be. This has not been done, so far we have failed. Millions starving, war, fractions in society. Man's intent to invent religion, The many things we as a race could have gone forward and done, but to the peril of a stupid monetary system that has handicapped us all. With governing powers preventing us from atchieving the goals of our aquired knowledge.

Some see this, others don't, like myself, What i would like to change but can't, because i'm a worker to the system. Our brain whatever created it, was designed for better, we've never used it, we could have gione foreward to do many great things.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

You're ignoring the fact that this claim was created by pop psychologists and when they created it they meant it in terms of area. You can't take a claim (which has been proven false mind you) and then twist its meaning around into something its creator didn't intend just to try to prove your point. Now, before I discuss the flaws in your claim I just have one question. If the brain is currently only operating at 10% of its maximum efficiency through what mechanism does it attain that other 90%?
Well there is a vestigal organ involved here. You have probably heard of it before refered to as the third eye. Excellent name for it because it's looking plausable. It's an organ thats about the shape and size of a grain of rice, and clearly provides (or is supppose to provide) a connection between the cerebral cortex and the cerrebelum. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see it's connection, or in this case the lack of.

So the question becomes why isn't it working. God, god did it. It looks like it was yet another form of punishment, to bottleneck our abilities. It's called the pineal gland.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

It doesn't matter the reason if you need to believe in something foolish in order escape something else in your life but it doesn't change the fact that the water was dirty because we made it so and not because we don't belong on earth.
Your not understanding the nature of what I'm trying to get across. It's not an issue of we did it so deal with it, its an issue of us being out of our element. In other words it wouldn't be a problem on our home planet.

We're meant to live in clans and not super tribes and water supply and hygene were always a problem until the advent of the pumping station.

Thats just a form of adaptation which is just another clue that we aren't from here.

People also coverd themselves in perfumes a few hundred tears ago to block out the smell of open sewerage in the streets but it doesn't mean that an unatural man made smell shows that we come from another planet.

True but it simply wouldn't be a problem on our home planet.

Going on your statement it would mean that we had inherited a complete lack of understanding of hygene from from our alien creators which would mean that they can span a galaxy but have no concept of the germ.
Your not understanding, we are out of our element, so WE are the germ.

This belief you people need to have has more holes in it than a mining town.
I'm not sure what your talking about.

Well to answer your last question. I can see that.

And that pretty much covers the rest as well.
edit on 9-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FLaKK

What a breath of fresh air. Thanks for your post.

Just to correct one thing we evolved from a common ancestor we did not evolve from apes.

We have used our brain to create masses of things and created them so fast we use them in ignorance. Our technology outsteps our inteligence.

But even without the tech any animal whose population outstrips its resources could destroy the enviroment life that we know.

Perhaps the next step in our evolution is to use technology with inteligence that is lacking now. But star for your post. Thanks

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Your questions about primates are all there. Your denial that we are closely linked is shown false by the diseases, parasites and dietry problems we share. Disease you asked for info on.
I'm confused here. I have admitted there is a lot of simularity between us and primates.

Your continuous stance that only humans get ill are shown false. There is even a small section on dairy products. Gingervitis.
I never said we are the only ones that get ill. What I said was we are the only ones that sick to the outragious degree that we do. Nothing else on this planet faces what we do in sickness.

You did not even notice the reply I gave you originally for reproductively active female chimps being given folic acid in the same doses as an adult female human to prevent problems during pregnancy. The exact same problems faced by human mothers to be.
I think your missing the difference between intervention and necessity.

Yes there is a lot to read and most of it you could replace chimp for human and it would apply. Sometimes you do have to read to get information. It cannot all be gained from watching the TV.
I'm sorry its well over an hours read, was there something specific I need to look at?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

No we're just living longer than we used to and at some point evolution will fix the ailments that we suffer as a result of living longer.
Well we might be living longer than a specific period but even in the bible is says we used to live 1000 years so no, we aren't living as long as we used to. But that was only because of a punishment that god set on us, Living on the wrong planet could also impact us as well. Come to think of it the time frame could be totally different as well.

Well you've got your "Good book to tell you so" Why are you bothering to debate against evolution?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I never claimed to have a list, geesh.

So you're just taking Pye at his word? I just want to be clear about this, you've never seen the data that Pye is basing his claim of 4000 genetic defects on, right?

Both were from the Pye video.

Which also provides precisely zero citations for his claim. So the only reason you have to believe that claim is that Pye said it? And that it gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside that it must be right?

I know what you're going to say at this point -- "Well, you can't prove Pye wrong!" But, here's the thing, it's up to Pye to provide a source for that claim. He's making a positive claim that there are 4000 genetic defects in the human genome. The burden is on him to provide evidence for that claim. And since you keep parroting it, you should have seen that evidence at some point yourself and can, therefore, provide a link to it or some way for the rest of us to reference it, right?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Nah. dont bother to read anything it contains as it all contradicts your 'beliefs'. You certainly have said many times that animals do not get sick but hey if you now say they do I suppose that means progress.

I think your missing the difference between intervention and necessity.
Nope you are purposely missing that both chimp and human mothers need the same things to prevent the same problems in the same doses.

It is not a nesessity as nature does not care if a child is born unable to survive as it ensures life goes on by excess, only we care if our child is born with physical defects that threaten its life. We gained the knowledge of how to combat this by science

So unless you now say chimps were brought here by aliens then you and your beliefs have some major problems which I am sure you will ignore and deny

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FLaKK
Not read much of this thread, not an expert on Evolution or Creation either. I've studied earth bound science for a long time, doing bore samples for BGS etc. I can tell you this Earth has undergone substantial change since it was formed 4,3 billions of years ago. I have to use the isotopic ratio's of lead. I've driven into the Earths earliest rocks, they are 4.38 billion years old.

So,.. well there has been countless and sudden environmental changes on this planet that account for the diversity of life we see. We evolved as a species and we have evolved to fit this environment well. What i don't accept is what i was taught at college, (and Dawren theory was considerd absolute). my teachings that we evolved from apes.

Is it the design of Natural evolution that the human genome could possibly develope the self awrareness, the conciousness, the ability to think on the level we do,..the ability to change our environment in such a way we could even alter or destroy it? Has the human brain really advanced this far that we can create such machines as these and converse with each other on a site like this, ATS?.

The earth has a prolific array of life and it fits perfectly with the ecosystem of this planet. If nature is so perfect in it's ecology which we see as an advanced species,.. would it not be dangerous to assume that the normal course of ecology would create man?. A race so far advanced it could undermine and even destroy this fragile balance of ecology on earth?

Some say it is the natural course of evolution, For our brains to develop in this way?....I'm saying it's wong. We would still be living in holes in the ground or up in trees if we followed the earths plan, nature or w/e you call it. What i'm saying is something happened for us to evolve the way we did. Call it devine intervention, but something happened, Whatever it was it was a combination of evolution and creation. Humans do not 'fit' into the order of life on this planet.

We have the destiny to control/ detroy this planet we live on. We have been given the tools to advance our intelligence and to go beyond and be the race we were supposed to be. This has not been done, so far we have failed. Millions starving, war, fractions in society. Man's intent to invent religion, The many things we as a race could have gone forward and done, but to the peril of a stupid monetary system that has handicapped us all. With governing powers preventing us from atchieving the goals of our aquired knowledge.

Some see this, others don't, like myself, What i would like to change but can't, because i'm a worker to the system. Our brain whatever created it, was designed for better, we've never used it, we could have gione foreward to do many great things.

Darwin never said we evolved from apes he said that we have a common ancester. Also what you see today isn't our natural habitat. We have been able to manipulate our enviornment and not be subject to it this is why we have become so successful.

Make no mistake. You give me 15 modern males and 5 females and 500 acres. In 6 months I'll show you a tribe of people with an Alfa male and a pecking order for breeding rights and 5 selective females trying to get the attention of the men with the strongest physical and survival traits. Place that tribe next to other great apes in a zoo and you would for the first time see the human ape in it's true position of the primate family.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

What do you mean when you say "even the bible"??? The bible isn't objective proof of anything what people BELIEVED back then. There's no objective evidence that humans used to live longer than today (thanks to science like agriculture and medicine)...quite the contrary is true. We know for a FACT that humans used to live less long
I never said we didn't live less, I'm agreeing. But according to the bible we also used to live to be 1000 years before punishments. Just because YOU don't accept the bible as evidence does not mean it's not. And what do you mean it doesn't reflect what people believed, its the entire basis of the book. You know faith, religion.

The average life span of humans tops out at around 90 years because of GENETICS. You can have the best lifestyle in the world, never smoke, do plenty of sports, eat healthy, and so no...but eventually, genetics catch up with you. Given that we know about how humans evolved, and we can examine genetics way back into our evolution, we know for a fact that the 1000 year claims are complete and utter nonsense.
You mean the CURRENT life span. Back when we lived 1000 years it was much higher. Those genetics as you tout are the key to what was done to us. God used genetics to punish us, remove abilitys and bottleneck our thinking. He wanted to make sure we were as far from being a god as could be, because of punishments.

I invite you to watch the video on star child again. Notice how he has adult teeth and 5 more ready to come down. It's because this alien was older. Not that by comparison it proves anything but I do think its the norm. Lab 242 proved its not human. You seem to have a lot of proof that we were never 1000 years old, what do you have to back it up.

Just like talking snakes, global floods, and people living inside whales
When you are a mad scientist you just might be able to make a snake that talks. Aside there was a lot of high end technology in the bible so it could have also of been electronics. It just goes to show you how close minded you are.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The "third eye" is not a vestigial organ. It's a part of the brain known as the pineal gland, so named because of its resemblance to a pine cone. It has a variety of functions, but its most notable is the production of melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that influences sleep/wake cycles as well as seasonal functions. The reason why it was originally believed to be special is that it was once thought to be the only structure in the brain that wasn't present in both hemispheres. It is for this reason that Descartes labeled it the seat of the soul. However, it has since been found that is in fact a pineal gland in each hemisphere. So, if you're banking that on increasing brain efficiency you are very mistaken. I also feel like I should point out at this point that my field of study is cognitive neuroscience.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Time to leave another video here... And everyone can decide for themselves.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FLaKK

Listen to flakk people, his eyes are open.

It is difficult to understand whats going on here. You sort of have to detach yourself from everything and try to see things from an unbainsed view. I mean with life, evolution and religion and everything.

Whats left is seeing constantly adapting to try to fit in here, its all we do, we waste all of our time doing just that.

We got screwed in a bad way, god did this to us. Watch Lloyd Pyes video on human genetics and try to figure out how and who ruined out DNA. At first they think aliens did this. They are right again, God was a space alien. The thing thats funny in his video is that he doesn't know it, but his DNA findings about humans actually match everything I found in the bible. You see this all came to me in hinesite. I had all this figured out and knew the only way someone could have done this to us was through our DNA. Pye doesn't even know his findings match the bible.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The "third eye" is not a vestigial organ. It's a part of the brain known as the pineal gland, so named because of its resemblance to a pine cone. It has a variety of functions, but its most notable is the production of melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that influences sleep/wake cycles as well as seasonal functions. The reason why it was originally believed to be special is that it was once thought to be the only structure in the brain that wasn't present in both hemispheres. It is for this reason that Descartes labeled it the seat of the soul. However, it has since been found that is in fact a pineal gland in each hemisphere. So, if you're banking that on increasing brain efficiency you are very mistaken. I also feel like I should point out at this point that my field of study is cognitive neuroscience.
Everything I read said it fall into the same list of parts of our body that we don't know what they do.I also read they are unsure at what it does, and there were attempts at extracting hormones from it and injecting hormones and all it did was cause people to halucenate.

I'm not a brain surgeon but Ill share what it looks like to me. Does anyone know what MSD means on the ignition of a car? it looks to me like this little grain might be like an MSD device causing the two sections to multie fire. Basically turning on that other 90%. You know there have been reports of them taking snap shots of neuro activity and they capture a flash here and there. If our brain was firing correctly it would be lit up like a light bulb. The lack of knowledge on this little part are so widley known, it was coined the third eye. Wow, look at how accurate that probably is with what I'm sharing.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

That is one cool video ty very much.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

The function of the pineal gland is actually fairly well studied. As I mentioned, since the time of the Greeks it was thought to be a unique structure in the brain. As for the part about hallucinations, I think you're getting a little bit of your research mixed up. I would love to go into the topic deeper but it involves the discussion of an illicit substance. Even though it is produced naturally in the body and that's the capacity in which I have discussed it in the past I have still had posts removed. I will just leave it at the fact that Strassman's research is correlational in nature and not even a strong correlation at that.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The function of the pineal gland is actually fairly well studied. As I mentioned, since the time of the Greeks it was thought to be a unique structure in the brain. As for the part about hallucinations, I think you're getting a little bit of your research mixed up. I would love to go into the topic deeper but it involves the discussion of an illicit substance. Even though it is produced naturally in the body and that's the capacity in which I have discussed it in the past I have still had posts removed. I will just leave it at the fact that Strassman's research is correlational in nature and not even a strong correlation at that.
Really !! Wow I didn't know they watch that closely. Heres a list I found....

Some Alleged Vestigial Organs in Man
Tonsils Adenoids
Coccyx (tail bone) Nictitating membrane of eye
Thymus Appendix
Little toe Wisdom teeth
Nipples on males Parathyroid
Nodes on ears "Darwin's points" Ear muscles for wiggling
Pineal gland Body hair

From .... www.creationinthecrossfire.com...

Ever wonder about how weird it is that we evolved yet our type of hair changed and we seem go grow an abundance of hair on our heads. There is a section in the bible where someone has super strength and after getting his braids cut, loses his strength. There is a punishment where god tells us our work will now tyre us from the sweat of our brow.

It's as though he made us weaker by doing so. It is weird to think our hair has a purpose, but if you think about it, its actually odd to think that it doesn't. I love it when people try to tell me it keeps our head warm. Right, If it were just to only keep our heads warm there would be no need for it to grow so long. It does something, and we don't know what.

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join