It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something MAJOR going down in Denver!!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hope this turns out to be nothing, I just lost my job and haven't gotten my first unemployment check yet

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
my 17.5 cents...alot of talk about how this board is 'fearmongering' ect ect. i think that sometimes that we forget that not everbody is reading and looking at the info..as far as the people i know and people in my work place..nobody has any idea about what we are talking about here.or on most of the other threads.. we forget that we are a 'niche' segment of society..cooooks, nuts, demented people...even 'homegrown terrorists' ..these are some of the terms i have heard when talking about those of us and YOU that frequent this site...just the fact that you have a moniker on ATS puts you in that catagory, regardless of your views.

we all here seek out info on the doom and gloom or you wouldnt be here in the first place
members do alot of digging for info..sometimes not so go but other times very good

i find it funny that threads break down to bickkering about ones personal opinion alot of times..thats what alot of this is..ones personaly opinion about whats gunna or not gunna happen.

so..an 'emergency exercise' happening around a date that has been talked about for many months, around a time in human history that ..seems to have some type of meaning (2012), potus stopping by, wonder if he is gunna vist cheyene mountain,... a satilite re-entering the atmosphere, alot of world govts are on a 'recess' until begining of october, (that has already been talked about, go find it yourself), the fact that 'emergency exercises' were going on on 9/11, 7/7 and the recent 'norway shootings'......just alot of co-inkydinks....again...whats to worriy about......'those that forget the past are bound to repeat the past'

remember, we are only 'fearmongering' ourselves
i for one am not fearfull..just watchfull and thankfull that i am part of a resource like ATS
information is the first step of any war....stay informed and twist the info how you seem fit...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
While i agree with the above post to a certain extent, the fact is that you can take almost any day and create something out of nothing and draw and connect "dots" and use symbolism etc to make it seem like something is more than a coincidence. That is what happens the longer we are all around. There are more past "events" that we can point to and use to back up wild theories. It was harder to do in early history because not much had gone on. Now almost anyone can push an idea.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Forget Elenin. If anything happens at all it will be of design of the government to disrupt the vote for the Palestinians to fully join the UN. (i'm not for or against the vote). That's why they are having an 'exercise' to 'prep' the area for the possible delivery of the president. But they got all us guys staring at the sky waiting for a comet to rip our world apart.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm on the 27th floor of a building in downtown Denver, and have noticed one black military helicopter today so far. I could discern a red marking, so possibly a emergency 'copter. I'll keep my eyes peeled outside the windows today, see if I see any more.

And no, I don't think anything is happening tomorrow. I just think two full scale emergency "tests" in one year for Denver is quite unusual. I can only remember one other large scale test like this, and it was right around the H1N1 scare. Now we have two in one year. Within 6 months in fact, of each other.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My yogurt has an expiration date of Sept. 25th, so I know nothing bad is going to happen to my fridge until at least then.
By the way, what are other nations doing this weekend? Is Canada having any "drills"?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It looks as if there wont be enough votes to pass statehood anyway so that shouldnt be an issue.

Originally posted by mondo83xx
Forget Elenin. If anything happens at all it will be of design of the government to disrupt the vote for the Palestinians to fully join the UN. (i'm not for or against the vote). That's why they are having an 'exercise' to 'prep' the area for the possible delivery of the president. But they got all us guys staring at the sky waiting for a comet to rip our world apart.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have to chime in here with a couple of things.

People keep saying "it is just an exercise, don't worry". I think where people's fear comes from here, is the relation of this exercise to the one that was performed on the morning of 9/11. Had that not occurred, I think people wouldn't be drawing such a connection between a scheduled exercise and potential disaster of some kind. While others do, I don't fault them from drawing that conclusion, and I think it has merit to it. But what seems to be a common trend here on a conspiracy website full of great theories and ideas, is people telling that person with the idea that it is stupid and would never happen. Come on people, this is a conspiracy website! What do you think it is for. If you don't agree with someone's idea, that is fine. Just don't be a jackass about it.

In relation, I find the Operation Mountain Guardian name and Operation Vigilant Guardian connection kind of odd. Now of course, all drills like this could use the Guardian name, as they are doing it as a defense or guarding type of roll. But then again, you mount all the coincidences up like this, and it does look odd.

The other thing I have seen mentioned but not followed up on, and I am curious, is the location of Mrs. POTUS and the children during this time. Has anyone verified their schedule over the next week? I'm sure it is harder to track their schedule down as compared to the POTUS, but that may be a tell tale characteristic of the upcoming days.

Well, it will be an interesting few days here, or it won't. I will not let any of this bring me down, and I will have a good weekend no matter what! Either way, be safe all!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lance_covel
Hope this turns out to be nothing, I just lost my job and haven't gotten my first unemployment check yet

Nothing bad will happen, no attack, nothing falling from the sky, nothing involving mass-casualties or injuries, ... I'd make a HUGE wager on that if someone was willing.

You'll get your check, and life will go on... At least until the next end of the world thread.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
TWO more coincidences to add to the picture: tomorrow is the Fall Equinox and the first day of Night Six of the Universal Underworld in the Mayan calendar.

Just wanted to throw a few more things into the mix, whether you decide to connect all these dots or not

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Ain't the internet wild?
Everyone actually has one vote for all to see.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mondo83xx

The USA can disrupt the vote by vetoing it in the UN. No need for huge theatrical illusions in Denver. Is that how you'd do it if you were in charge?
edit on 22-9-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: extra words

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Nothing bad will happen, no attack, nothing falling from the sky...

While I agree nothing is probably going to happen, something IS going to fall out of the sky tomorrow. The bus-sized satellite from NASA, largest in 30 years, will probably be making landfall. Odds of hitting a person? According to NASA, around 1 in 3,500. Odds of hitting YOU? 1 in trillions, so probably you are safe.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Mountain Guardian. Why don't they call it National Guardian? Why are we just guarding the Rockies?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername
Well, Wall Street and CNBC seem to think the sky is falling.

Global Meltdown: Investors Are Dumping Almost Everything www.cnbc.com...

edit on 9/22/2011 by trusername because: typo

I will say this...Yesterday morning I tried to call my grandparents....it was 7:45 in the morning, but gma is always up that early. I was calling to settle plans for the weekend.
There phone was busy....She called me back yesterday after class and said she had missed my call because they were on the phone with their broker. The broker called them at 7:30 in the morning!!!
She did not go into detail but sounded very pessimistic about it. My gparents are up to their necks in the stock market and their livelihood and fortunes depend on it. I wonder what was so urgent that their broker would call and wake them up about...I wish I could pry a bit more info out of them, but I understand their financial privacy.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Hate to talk real politics, but Obama will most likely get a second term because enough Americans vote for him. Have you seen some of the Republican leadership candidates? Madder than a box of cane toads in a back-licking frenzy.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I found this last night and posted it on a few different sites. I live in CO and have been reporting here and elsewhere for weeks now that there has been strange activity with military personnel (fighter jets, helicopters, innumerable troop transporters on the roadways) and quite a few DHS black suvs roaming around I-25 in the Denver Metro area. The thing with this exercise, beyond seeming coincidental w/ who is coming here next week and all of the aforementioned details regarding congress and other countries' leaders being somewhere else, etc., is that the week before 9/11, news stories all seemed to center on Denver and Colorado being targets for terrorism. For a week straight, we were told of the possibilities of lone wolf attackers and the like.

Now, this. Nothing in the news has let people know these exercises will take place tomorrow. Nothing. Nothing on the morning or evening news, nothing in the Post, nothing on the news channels' sites. So, from 5am - 4:30 pm tomorrow, people will be seeing smoke, hearing loud noises, and be in the midst of a flurry of military and first responder activities during both rush hours. In the article on the Douglas County website, it basically said people should not be alarmed if they see these things, that this isn't a terrorist attack, merely an exercise. Well, how about having this on the news where it can reach people? I stumbled upon the article while doing a search on all of the army medical vehicles parked at the Denver Fed Center and I live in Douglas County and hadn't even heard of any of this. My point? People will panic if they aren't informed beforehand, especially after being "warned" not even two weeks ago about the possibility of attacks. With the way Colorado is, you can see miles and miles away on the road, depending what part of the road you are on (because of hills), so possibly seeing smoke in the direction of DIA and/or to the south by Park Meadows Mall and Sky Ridge Medical Center (which are right next to the interstate) and/or downtown will upset people who aren't told about this, seeing stuff in every direction. Now, the article didn't indicate which areas would have the smoke, etc., but still. Such a large-scale exercise involving 101 agencies and locations will surely be noticeable.

Because there isn't any coverage of this, I contacted 9news.com, kdvr.com, and denverpost.com to let them know that there are drills tomorrow and they should let people know not to be concerned. I also provided the Douglas County link. I would think they have to know, but why aren't they even doing a simple report? I guess trivial nonsense about celebrities doesn't allow for one minute of coverage on this. As of now, 17 1/2 hours before it starts, still not one word or even reply back about the "news tip" I sent them.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

The 'bus-sized' satellite won't be that size when it enters the troposphere - it'll be in bits. Fridge size bits perhaps, but still bits.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I live in Denver and have noticed alot more military aircraft buzzing around lately. Not to mention almost every night I see things flying around that almost look like drone's of some type. Very quiet alot smaller than a regular aircraft. Some have looked just like a satellite at first but these things change direction and appear to be in some sort of flight pattern around the denver area. Didn't even know our boy Obama was in town... Wonder if DIA might be connected to this in some way. Will be on the look out now and will update if I see anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yes! I live in Castle Rock and have noticed it, too, over the past several weeks. Being between Denver and Colo Springs, we get a somewhat predictable amount of military air traffic, but not the scores of fighter jets rumbling around like the past 2 weeks or so. Helicopters, too, and convoys of troop transporters on 1-25, multiple times over the past 2 or 3 weeks. Yes, we have military installations, but not used to seeing this on the interstate at all, let alone multiple times.

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join