It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS labels Ron Paul as Jet-Setter.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So, looks like another MSM attack on Ron.

Ron Paul may lag in the polls but his campaign has enough money for a private jet

Lagging in the polls? Hardly. The man is gaining ground if it was reported correctly.

www.cbsnews.com...

SPENCER, Iowa - Ron Paul has turned jet-setter. On what was planned as a three-stop tour of Iowa Tuesday, the Republican presidential candidate who has made fiscal conservatism his hallmark missed his first event because of problems with his private, leased jet. According to an aide, the Texas congressman had to commandeer a new jet and pilot to continue on.

I like how the term "Commandeer" is used. As if he just demanded a jet be turned over to him. That is what commandeer means after-all.

Shameless reporting from CBS. Many other politicians use these private jets to be everywhere at once but do we hear about them? Barely. But Ron hits the MSM.

Going on to even label the plane as "Air Paul"

After a few questions, however, an aide intervened. It was time for Air Paul to head back to Washington, D.C.

Has it ever been more clear that a mass MSM Joint plan to discredit someone is underway? They don't even try to be sneaky about it anymore.

I wonder what their tune will be when he wins?

edit on 20-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
dont recall too many articles about pelsois jet setting exploits

just because theres an R by his name

truly pathetic the depths they always go.

never seen too many articles about gore and his private jet setting exploits.

typical lamestream bs

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
dont recall too many articles about pelsois jet setting exploits

just because theres an R by his name

truly pathetic the depths they always go.

never seen too many articles about gore and his private jet setting exploits.

typical lamestream bs

Agreed,

They will stop at nothing to discredit this man.

Pathetic.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

People asked for more coverage of Ron Paul. They are starting to deliver. I hardly see that as a hit-piece on Ron Paul. Quite frankly I made note of the very same thing they are talking about! Ron Paul is starting to use private jets to get around, and that is note-worthy information. Think Huntsman or Cain are flying around in private jets? They almost certainly are not, though I have not specifically verified that.

People who view that as a hit-piece are being way too sensitive. I like the article.
edit on 20-9-2011 by seachange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Dude I don't think it's about him being a Republican, it's more about his overall perspective on government. Fox bashes him just as much as if not more than any other media outlet, his political party isn't the motivation for the bashing. He wants to change the country, and some big-shots who sit behind closed doors clearly aren't up for this.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seachange

Well, considering he's been traveling from coast to coast lately, a jet makes sense to me if he wants to get his message out effectively. Why not? The guy has HUGE support and donations aren't really an issue. What do you expect him to do, take a bus?
Perry and the rest should get on the ball!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yeah dude I don't see what the big deal is anyway. I can't see myself being angry at any presidential candidate for riding in a private jet. If they have to gain supporters around the country, why not travel efficiently using money that their supporters have donated?

edit on 20-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
All the politicians and then some have/use private jets..

Last time I checked Ron Paul was not the one
telling you and I we need to use less electricity and
gas (ie. AL GORE) while they use 50x more then you
or I.

Look I can understand if the politician is a global warmist
believing nut job, people being upset over them having a jet.

I do not recall paul praising cap and trade. I can not stand
a hypocrit. This is just another casualty of the MSM.
No one believes these people are riding coach on a 747 next to you or I.
If I had the money, i'd take a private jet too!!!!

Case closed.
edit on 21-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Obama builds two million dollar buses, the media gives him glamor and fame.
On the flip side, our good doctor rents ONE plane, and all of a sudden hes a Jet-Setter.

They are doing everything in their power to make this man fail. However, the people's voice will be heard over these crows. This man has a destiny, and it calls now.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

yeah well

there aint nothing as vicious as the left wing demagoguery machine

difference of opinions

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sounds like CBS is afraid of ron paul by the sound of there insults
you dont insults people unless you fear them that they will win or do something, that isnt in the plans by the elites.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
And the MSM haven't mentioned this?!?! Maybe their research departments are underfunded and overwhelmed? /sarcasm.

For example, Perry traveled to campaign events throughout Iowa in a 22-seat Gulfstream IV jet owned by Wells Fargo Equipment Finance, Inc., a subsidiary of the banking conglomerate.

The plane has ferried Perry since at least Sept. 12, when it left Austin, Texas for Tampa., Fla., where Perry participated in the CNN-Tea Party Express debate.

theiowarepublican.com...

Hmmm... wonder if Ron Paul's plane is owned by a banking conglomerate?

edit on 20-9-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

yeah well

there aint nothing as vicious as the left wing demagoguery machine

difference of opinions
It seems like your perspective on reality is clouded by lots of MSM propaganda, or am I mistaken? "Left wing demagoguery machine", that sounds like something that would come from Fox News.

All of the corporate media negatively influences the public opinion with some propaganda sprinkled in, not just the left wing. In fact I can recall more Ron Paul bashing from Fox News than any other news outlet. Don't take my word for it, do some YouTube searches and see for yourself.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

my perspective on reality is quite clear

the non stop attack on bush by the left wing media

riled people to the point where they wanted a sitting president

bush dead

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by seachange

Well, considering he's been traveling from coast to coast lately, a jet makes sense to me if he wants to get his message out effectively. Why not? The guy has HUGE support and donations aren't really an issue. What do you expect him to do, take a bus?
Perry and the rest should get on the ball!

Well, a bus is too cliched, but I think it would be great if he took a normal plane. Ya know, not even go first class--just take coach. Not like this guy is at all important. Who are we talking about again? Not like he's a potential world leader or something, then just maybe it would be justified

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

They are all afraid of him. His message hasn't changed in 30 years and the message has come out loud and clear to be the right one. He is the most anti-establishment candidate in many many years. All of their life styles and pay checks are going to suffer drastically if he gets elected Many may actually end up in jail if he gets elected. He can't be bought off and he can't be intimidated. As his popularity grows the panic will grow. Right now I expect anything.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Commandeer definitely is the wrong word there. I think the word they were looking for is"comissioned" - some editor keeds a kick in the ass for that.

However, the description of him lagging in the polls is fundamentally true; he's trailing behind other Republican candidates. remember, just because everyone on ATS creams their shorts every time His Ronness' name is mentioned, doesn't mean that the people who actually vote share the sentiment.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Yeah I think that those kins of people get private jet transport all the time-- maybe even as protection. Not saying it's impossible to sabotage a private jet, but you never know when someone like Ron Paul would be attacked by the brainwashed media-loving zombies of America. Perry on the other hand... well he has nothing better to do but force his medicine on people and run away from his problems in a cozy little jet.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

my perspective on reality is quite clear

the non stop attack on bush by the left wing media

riled people to the point where they wanted a sitting president

bush dead
Why are you talking about Bush? I thought the topic was MSM attacking Ron Paul, a presidential candidate? Bush got elected as president, twice. Ron Paul has not been elected. I'm more upset about somebody who would make a great president being intentionally downplayed and bashed by all of the corporate media. It's a shame that your mind is so clouded by the left/right paradigm that you eat up like candy.
edit on 20-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

'Trailing?'...really...
2nd

top topics

<<   2 >>

join