It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You See a Large V-Shape Silent Craft....It's Ours!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I wish I could give your posts and responses a good ol FB "Like" Thumbs Up Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

I dont think OP is more capable of explaining the Phoenix lights as Blimb when researchers for years say it is not.

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Do you have anything to support this idea?

For example, the claim that the Phoenix Lights weren't flares... Sure, this doesn't fit the 8pm sightings, but the 10pm sightings have been proven pretty conclusively to be flares dropped from A-10's, during Operation Snowbird, by the Maryland Air National Guard, visiting the nearby base. The lights disappeared behind the mountain, none burned longer than the flare burn time, etc. Where's your evidence to refute this claim?

As for stealth blimps being based out of Groom Lake using new propulsion systems, where's the evidence? Sounds like pure conjecture. (also, why would you light up such "stealth" ships?) Just doesn't fit.....

Theoretically, the only mission profile for such a craft would be low altitude stealth reconnaissance or covert troop insertion, and the running lights would seem to negate its ability to function in such a role.

More like operation BullSHeit, You've made a factual mistake there. The flares were dropped 2 hours AFTER the sightings had started, how is this relevant?

It looks to me more like a failed attempt to cover up the aircraft that was seen by mixing its lights with dropped flares so that they can say after - yes there were flares there!

And the former mayor who at first said people took this too seriously on the press conference then admitted there was an aicraft that time...

So is there any reason you deny there was an aircraft in Arizona when many others say to have seen one, other than denying it for the sake of being skeptic? Be skeptical about what is doubtful and don't deny what many have seen.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
We live on the Texas / New Mexico border between Lubbock, TX and Roswell, NM. My husband and I like to stargaze at night, because there is no light pollution out here. A few months ago we saw one of those triangular craft flying over our house. It was silent and it blocked out the stars as it passed. We knew it was of earth origin because it had a flashing FAA light underneath it. After some research, we believe it to be the TR-3b due to the light configuration.

We have seen some odd things in the sky around here but usually we are able to identify them. There was only one which we felt qualified as a UFO and this was reported to the National UFO Reporting Center online.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

If the X-48B is a remote-controlled drone, why does it have cockpit windows?

This plane is a working scale model of an airframe design for possible future development
The windows are there for the sake of the model but there is probably a camera in there also.
The full size version, if built would be a monster. It's all to achive cleaner, quieter and
more fuel efficient aircraft. I think they are cool

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan
reply to post by _Del_

Ok so that's just a small scale model...
...so why would they put windows on it if the full scale bird is a drone?

A full-scale aircraft would not be unmanned. They are simply testing the layout. I doubt a full-scale aircraft is produced, but I hope they do. Next up comes a modified version to reduce noise.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I remember a few scientists that have stated (paraphrasing):

1 year = 10 years of scientific advancements*

*The billions/trillions devoted into black research programs
So you can imagine starting in the 1950/60's

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Why low altitude and not high altitude? the whole point of a blimp is that it does not require fuel to stay up (not nearly at the same rate as conventional airplanes. I would expect a blimp to be useful for extended high altitude long loiter times. The lights don't have to be on except for takeoff and landing nav.

Going by witness testimony, the majority of these sightings are at low altitude..thus the assumption.

As for the lights, the witness testimony is in pretty good agreement here, whitish lights at corners, reddish light in the center, for the majority of these sightings, and the lights are on (brightly) when seen flying.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
With the advent of civilian satellite viewing such as Google Earth....and others....anyone could watch as a massive hanger was constructed to house this craft.

Google is not live for your information. LOL where do these kook's come from?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I've seen one of these TR-3B type craft up close, and those run fast and silent. They have multi-colored corner lights with a plasma like ball lightning center to them. Blimps you say? How does a device filled with O2 manage to hold together so well at high speeds with wind resistance, drag, and friction?
I just don't see how a "blimp" can move as fast as I've seen these things move.
edit on 19-9-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

I suspect electrogravitics - with a "wing" shape just for excrement and euphoria - is what's being used. EG would provide fast, inertialess movement without much sound.

"Blimp?" Heh.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

Photo No. 1 is the Boeing Bird of Prey
After completion of the test program the Bird of Prey was placed in storage, and may have been destined for the scrap yard. Fortunately, however, it was saved for posterity. On July 16, 2003, the Bird of Prey and its cousin, the X-36, both were placed on permanent display at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. www.military-heat.com...-50

Photo No. 2 is the Boeing X-48B
This is a scale model for testing www.nasa.gov...

Photo No. 3 is the RAF Vulcan
Accepted and put into service in 1956 and retired in 1984 en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Why low altitude and not high altitude? the whole point of a blimp is that it does not require fuel to stay up (not nearly at the same rate as conventional airplanes. I would expect a blimp to be useful for extended high altitude long loiter times. The lights don't have to be on except for takeoff and landing nav.

Going by witness testimony, the majority of these sightings are at low altitude..thus the assumption.

As for the lights, the witness testimony is in pretty good agreement here, whitish lights at corners, reddish light in the center, for the majority of these sightings, and the lights are on (brightly) when seen flying.

Good point on the lights at low altitude. However, you should not forget the selection bias when considering witness reports as to the crafts suitability for stealth, for what should be, hopefully, obvious reasons: Every time the craft is not seen you don't get a report.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
With the advent of civilian satellite viewing such as Google Earth....and others....anyone could watch as a massive hanger was constructed to house this craft.

Google is not live for your information. LOL where do these kook's come from?

FACEPALM

why would you need a live feed to spot a *structure*?????

-rrr
edit on 20-9-2011 by rickyrrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I've seen one of these TR-3B type craft up close, and those run fast and silent. They have multi-colored corner lights with a plasma like ball lightning center to them. Blimps you say? How does a device filled with O2 manage to hold together so well at high speeds with wind resistance, drag, and friction?
I just don't see how a "blimp" can move as fast as I've seen these things move.
edit on 19-9-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

I've seen this thing twice, once at night and once in broad daylight.

at night car broke down and had to catch the bus, when I looked up this black wedge was barely above the streetlights and only visable from the moon outlining it and it blocking stars. didn't make a damn sound.

couple days later was at the pool and had to go to the clubhouse to use the bathroom. before I get to the door this black wedge is floating maybe 200 feet above where I was. was in my trunks and didn't have my phone, so I couldn't take pictures. it was like a wedge/triangle/v-shape type thing, and white lettering was on the side, though I couldn't make it out. from a dead stand still this thing started zipping towards nellis AFB. no way was this a blimp.

funny thing though, after seeing that first night, I remember hearing of a crash/recovery operation going down in laughlin, I suspect it might of been one of these things.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm just not sure how something with so much surface area can have such little drag. I understand that there may be ways to ionize the surfaces to create a laminar buffer between the wing and the surrounding air, but that's going to create glow, isn't it?

And even with zero air resistance, you still have to move the mass from a near standstill. And that takes some kind of big power that is probably going to be noisy, at least.

So I have my doubts.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Smells like disinfo to me.. It's just like Edgar Fouche being told about the so-called "TR-3B" which apparently was created in 1982 even though witness sightings of triangle craft go back to the 60's - or earlier. Or Thomas Smith, an aviation reporter, who was openly shown a "classified" project of a disc shaped aircraft, which apparently is what they would have him believe all UFO sightings were.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
edit on 20-9-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

I am not sure why your post appears as a reply to me. But I personally believe the reports from people who witnessed the object in Phoenix in 1997.

However, no researcher and no person can make any claims as to what is inside the object, whether it is solid or full of air, because there was no physical evidence left from that sighting (there were no pieces of the craft left to analyze) so I am not sure how you can claim that "researchers" are "sure" this was "not a blimp". Even if there are in fact researchers making such a claim (specifically ruling out blimp, or specifically claiming ET), I don't see how they could possibly know that based only on the reports of eyewitnesses and video footage.

The object moved relatively slowly over phoenix. Nobody checked it's weight or density during the sighting (how could they?). So I think it *could* have been a V shaped gigantic black blimp.
-rrr
edit on 20-9-2011 by rickyrrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I saw one of these with LED panels retrofitted to it, it was flashing red green blue yellow pink purple and orange patterns. I am wondering what the use of such a thing would be?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Has anyone here heard of the Ascender? It's a V shaped high altitude airship that has been
in development for a while now. Is it likely that there is a black project version in development
as well?

Ascender

peace

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Is this thread an exercise in proving - see "how great US_A technology is"?

What is the motive of this thread?

Many people develop military things in secret. What is the big deal about it.

Let it be deployed and people will know.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join