It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day Of Mild Annoyance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I've been saying for some time that this "day of rage" is nothing more than a trumped up notion to provide the Obama administration an excuse to levy more "executive orders" down our throats.

Led by the likes of Rathke (ACORN founder) and those that wanted to mimic the "Day of Rage" staged by the Weather Underground in 1969, it is unlikely that the White House knows nothing of the event and what they have planned.

It's a shame. I can imagine that there are some people there who really feel that they are there to promote their personal beliefs that corporations are out of control. What is actually happening is that this event will allow Obama to promote further regulations and impositions on regular people, leaving corporations (GE for example) alone.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

And if a good crisis doesn't present itself?

Make one.

*Mods, while this thread has political over-tones, if you feel that this opinion piece belongs elsewhere, then by all means. . .
edit on 18-9-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Yah Beez, Trumpka proudly admitted he was involved in the Egypt revolution. Did you hear the drums in the backgroud? Sounds a lot like what they used at the Wisconsin protests.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I've been saying for some time that this "day of rage" is nothing more than a trumped up notion to provide the Obama administration an excuse to levy more "executive orders" down our throats.

Led by the likes of Trumpka (ACORN founder) and those that wanted to mimic the "Day of Rage" staged by the Weather Underground in 1969, it is unlikely that the White House knows nothing of the event and what they have planned.

It's a shame. I can imagine that there are some people there who really feel that they are there to promote their personal beliefs that corporations are out of control. What is actually happening is that this event will allow Obama to promote further regulations and impositions on regular people, leaving corporations (GE for example) alone.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

And if a good crisis doesn't present itself?

Make one.

*Mods, while this thread has political over-tones, if you feel that this opinion piece belongs elsewhere, then by all means. . .

I can't believe you could find fault in people trying to express their anger at the banks...

It is things like this that make me feel absolutely convinced that a good lot of you are
so far in the tank with the corporatism, that you are unaware you are even inside the
tank in the first place.

This crisis is ongoing, is directly linked to the big government you hate.

I know you are here defending the banks (in a very obtuse way) because you reckon they
are the polar opposite private force to the "public" force of government is "good"...

But...

Hell if I know about you's guys...
edit on 18-9-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
i pity those who think that legislating wealth means success

rewarding failure and medicroity says it all.

and the government has done such a bang up job so far with over half this country dependents of the government with no other means of support.

thats what the day of rage was all about they want money other peoples dont care how or the ramifications of it.

it truly is pathetic and yes the current potus has been a part of it as much as his staff and those who he "listens" to.

those who have more can afford to share the wealth so how about government sharing its wealth of power and control to the little people instead of keeping them down.
edit on 18-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Yah Beez, Trumpka proudly admitted he was involved in the Egypt revolution. Did you hear the drums in the backgroud? Sounds a lot like what they used at the Wisconsin protests.

Gotta hate anybody going after those banks huh!

I think you guys are confused about who's side you are on.

So many things tell me, the banks, the multinationals and the elite.

You realize that the banks can do this endlessly because you guys will be there
to push back, every single time.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

So Trumpka isn't involved?
Prove it.

I can show you that he is.

Day of Rage has four stated principles that include a commitment to non-violence, disassociation from any political party or candidate, complete autonomy from other such movements, and having no financial backing of any kind. [However,] when one follows the organizers and money trail, they find quite a different picture indeed. Even the name of the event is revealing. “Day of Rage” harkens back to Day of Rage as coined by the domestic terrorist organization of the 1960s, Weather Underground. Founders of that movement, Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dhorn, are well known long-time associates of President Obama.

ACORN’S work in getting out the vote for the President is no secret and it has been hard at work providing a platform for the September 17th event. ACORN founder, Wade Rathke, announced in March what he called “days of rage,” focusing on JP Morgan Chase in ten cities. Rathke is also a former president of SEIU in New Orleans. Stephen Lerner, an SEIU board member who has visited the Obama White House at least four times has, called for “a week of civil disobedience, direct action all over the city.” Lerner is considered one of the most able organizers of the radical left who in his own words wants to “destabilize the folks that are in power and start to rebuild a movement.”

themaineteaparty.com...
ETA, Wade Rathke, NOT Trumpka
Apologies.

edit on 18-9-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
if i understand your op, you're saying that obama is somehow setting up a false flag?

edit on 18-9-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
if i understand your op, you're saying that obama is somehow setting up a false flag?

edit on 18-9-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

No, he is saying that the banks are victims.

And that protesting will lead to the institution of Communism, because the banks will look
like assholes for a couple of days.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

yeah i can think who controls wall street?

who writes and enforces their laws their rules and their regulations and who created that thing that control all the wealth of this country the federal reserve.

the government and people like those who "protested" and those who hate banks and corporations without them

WITHOUT THEM WHERE WOULD YOU BE?

living in a cave playing with sticks pennyless because you dont have anything that they provide that we all use on a daily basis.

you need them but no dont beleive in a free market or anything of the sort you want control and that control is strangling this country lets control them even more.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

yeah i can think who controls wall street?

who writes and enforces their laws their rules and their regulations and who created that thing that control all the wealth of this country the federal reserve.

the government and people like those who "protested" and those who hate banks and corporations without them

WITHOUT THEM WHERE WOULD YOU BE?

living in a cave playing with sticks pennyless because you dont have anything that they provide that we all use on a daily basis.

you need them but no dont beleive in a free market or anything of the sort you want control and that control is strangling this country lets control them even more.

Exactly as I thought

Just another clarion cry for Corporatism...

I want them to stop controlling my country and ripping off my countrymen.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

edit on 18-9-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

controllling and ripping off as in

paying back loans instead of interest free and just plain free

and items that have to be paid for instead come and get your freebies

yes yes they are evil!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

These people don't want to be dependent on the corporations. They know they are where they are because of the corporations, but it's because of that that they have an obligation to show their anger at the corporations' improper business practices.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

give me a break they are because too many people in this country make bad decisions with the cash they make

credit cards? dont need them loans dont need them xbox360.ps3 name brand must got to have items.

americans are lousy with their money they make the wrong choices.

the wants of americans have put them right where they are their wants have exceeded their wallets

but blame someone else blame the people who employ them and who make everything they use.

nah

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
According to FOX News, this was spearheaded by Adbusters magazine.

The mostly peaceful protest, called "Occupy Wall Street," was spearheaded by the activist magazine Adbusters and promoted through Twitter, Facebook and other social media networks. Organizers have said the protests are modeled on the "Arab Spring" wave of uprisings in Tunisia, Egypt and elsewhere.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

My question is, why do it on a Saturday? Why not do it on a Monday morning and why don't they have pitchforks and torches?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

controllling and ripping off as in

paying back loans instead of interest free and just plain free

and items that have to be paid for instead come and get your freebies

yes yes they are evil!!!

You intelligent person

They loan money that is not REAL, JUST LIKE THE FED...

You are so butt hurt for them you can't even screw your head on for half a minute
and realize that they ARE the big government, they are one in the same!

Do you notice a pattern here? Do you think so many people repeat the same things
to you for fun???

If you are not smart enough to get it, man up, accept it and stop voting

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Now, that must be true to some extent, Americans (as anyone else) can be bad with their money, but you're really simplifying the problem. The economic situation is more due to government (perhaps intentional) negligence and corporate malpractices.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrorist
reply to post by neo96

Now, that must be true to some extent, Americans (as anyone else) can be bad with their money, but you're really simplifying the problem. The economic situation is more due to government (perhaps intentional) negligence and corporate malpractices.

Just give up man

He is gonna say GOVERNMENT this and that, dribble and then talk about lazy welfare recipients.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join