It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked documents reveal who manipulated prices of oil in 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
And the winners are :
Leaked Documents Reveal Major Speculators Behind 2008 Oil Price Shock: Hedge Funds, Koch, Big Banks, Oil Companies

Last month, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) leaked confidential data about oil speculation to a number of media outlets, including the Wall Street Journal. Ordinarily, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the regulatory body that oversees futures trading, does not provide identities of speculators to the public.

Because the CFTC are protecting their criminals friends and Sanders kicks butts, as always.

So as we suspected, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley are on there. All the big banks are responsible for manipulating the price of oi. Free market?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thank you for this awesome find! Although im sure no one will be surprised, its good to know for sure who was behind this. If i wasnt just on my way out the door i would post more!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hopefully not too many people are surprised by this.

These are the same guys that can continue to buy a tanker if they want and sit on it. Actually anyone could do this with enough money.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the info.
We really should consider this a hit list.
These are the douche bags who have pulled other ugly manipulations of the markets too.....
Its time to round em up and try them for crimes against humanity.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The only question i have is, "So what is anyone going to do about it?"

I bet that is the same question the execs at Goldman asked each other while they devised this plan.

It is nice to have this news. As useless as it will actually be. S and F from me.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
There is really nothing you can do. Seems pretty legal to me. In fact if we all put our money together ( which wouldn't be close ) we could do the same things. Really just supply and demand with the additional concept of people having 100000000x more money than you to do something about it.

Is it fair? Not really. Life isn't fair though. Should banks be able to do this? I don't think so. Should Hedge Funds? Absolutely. Wonder if anyone remembers oil dropping over 100+ dollars in a span of 5-6 months or so? There is a risk in everything.

The only real winners in the end are the brokers and CME Group etc. You would be surprised to know that prop. trading ( which is now illegal at these companies ( Dodd Frank ) ) doesn't bring in a great deal of money to investment banks. Or didn't I should say, because it isn't legal anymore. But at the time a very, very small percentage of their money comes from these types of trades.

More realistically the people controlling the money sitting at GS, Deutche Bank, JPM ( and I mean the account holders, not the bank itself ) are controlling a lot of the shots. I am sure they have some customers with many billions that love to play games.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
By the way. If anyone ended up reading the .pdf or whatever it was you will see most of these people were NET SHORT. NOT NET LONG.

Contrary to popular belief big banks and hedge funds are wrong a large percentage of the time. That chart in the OP will show you this.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Just cause it is legal, that does not make it right.

And JP MORGAN is now profiting from all the what 46 MILLION Americans now in poverty?
Because that's the bank that gets the food stamp business.

That crap needs to stop.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Can someone please explain how banks can manipulate oil prices?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

You go to the futures exchange and purchase oil contracts for xyz month and xxx year.

Take delivery on this oil.

Purchase a cargo ship.

Put oil on ship.

Sit on oil and create a fake supply demand curve.

Why? I don't know, lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
"Last month, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) leaked confidential data about oil speculation to a number of media outlets, including the Wall Street Journal. Ordinarily, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the regulatory body that oversees futures trading, does not provide identities of speculators to the public."

Now i would love to play along here but this is not true.

Last month the global oil price dropped 18% and yet it only dropped 1.8% at the pump and i didn't hear one good for nothing parasite commonly known as a politician say a dam thing about it.

Sure this all leads back to banksters in the end who bribe our parasites but it's realy a free for all when it comes to the public and it's about time we kicked back.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Cool find
BUT doesn't "Speculation DATA" mean its merely speculation and NOT fact? In other words, I could say Pres Barrack Obama was involved too during a speculation.
edit on 17-9-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
The only question i have is, "So what is anyone going to do about it?"

I bet that is the same question the execs at Goldman asked each other while they devised this plan.

It is nice to have this news. As useless as it will actually be. S and F from me.

They tried to do something back in 2008, it could have worked less one small detail

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I am of the opinion that when 1 party blocks a measure, it is both parties acting in unison. They take turns being the bad guy to one group or another, never allowing the "bad guy" status to tip the balance too far. Tipping the balance too far will only destroy the power structure of both parties.

GW was so hated and reviled, that it may have actually tipped it too far. And Obama is performing quite the follow up to Bush. The two party system is on the endangered species list. And, to my dismay, Americans are so apathetic and ignorant that we lack the tools and gumption to truly seize the opportunity that would be provided us in a "post bipartisan America".

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Just cause it is legal, that does not make it right.

And JP MORGAN is now profiting from all the what 46 MILLION Americans now in poverty?
Because that's the bank that gets the food stamp business.

That crap needs to stop.

They are simply profiting from money that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
They are simply profiting from money that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

So lets think about this.

Money come from nowhere and can vanish back to nothing.

Well it was a loaded game all along when interest payments are far below the real rate of inflation on just about any comodity you care to name and this is where the zionist bankers step in and slowly take the cream of the cake and when the game of musical chairs stops like it always does then all this money will reach it's real worth of zero.

People that have reseached the history of money will know that in general fiat paper (Backed by nothing) only lasts about 40 years and the USD$ becamse fiat in 1971 after the french asked for payment in gold from the USA and now those 40 years are up.

Buy silver, crash j.p morgan works for me but at the very least you need something physical and not property because the land the property will be taxes to death in the end.

join