It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

subliminal messaging. well documented proof.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
what you are seeing in these videos is a short clip from an advert (such as logo or actors) spliced inbetween two seperate adverts.
the images flash so quick that most people i talk to have never noticed them.
but they are a constant thing in australian tv today.

in this video the first ad ends prematurely like a glitch, and a logo for a well known australian brand is quickly shown before the 2nd seperate advert.

this shows some other incidents.

i know that it is hard to notice.
and may not be what you typicaly think of when someone says subliminal messages
but subliminal clips from other ads are actually a brilliant idea..ads are shown so many times on tv that we become very familiar with individual ones..
when we see the subliminal ad we become more familair with the ad and then brand and would also feel a subconsious connection to it when seeing the full ad later.

please help me share this people as it disgusts me that they can get away with this

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Mods - i apologise for the double post of the same reply;

Hi There,

I dont want to be rude or anything friend, but this has been going on for years. Simply put its poor editing on the TV stations behalf, since they have launched all the digital services (at government pressure so they can release the analogue band licenses to other carriers), there has been additional stations (7Two, Gem, Go etc and so forth), however the TV stations have not put on additional staff (in the numbers required). This means multiple problems are occurring.

The main problem you are witnessing is for repeats of shows (the full 60 minute production including ads), what they do is cut the live feed to an "ad robot" (Term used loosely), which overlays the new ads. This saves them money by not having to employ further editing staff to edit out the old ads, and replace them with a black pause (which you see in the "newer" shows).

This show you have recorded (bone collector) is a repeat, what you are actually seeing (in the first video) is the former intro to what is called "Brand power" (i cant recall the name right now).

The second one i didnt quite get, however it just looks like an old ad.

Definitely no conspiracy here, just bad video editing, and short staffing

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

are you kidding me man its still illegal
and even if it was an accident they would have fixed it by now

i have seen it on live coverage and new programs also. on a range of networks

is this really gunna be like this..where they find a smart way to do it and call it something else so people let them do it..this is really annoying me

and what they have the same editing stuff up almost every ad break at the same spot?
seriously
this is a joke
cant believe people dont care about this
have people just accepted the fact that corporations treat them like dogs?
edit on 15-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Oh no!

now im going to be wondering "whats new" all day...

I really dont think this is subliminal advertising.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
Oh no!

now im going to be wondering "whats new" all day...

I really dont think this is subliminal advertising.

no but if you saw the whats new ad later that day you would probably trust it a bit more wouldnt you

then what is subliminal advertising?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spruk

Hi There,

I dont want to be rude or anything friend, but this has been going on for years. Simply put its poor editing on the TV stations behalf, since they have launched all the digital services (at government pressure so they can release the analogue band licenses to other carriers), there has been additional stations (7Two, Gem, Go etc and so forth), however the TV stations have not put on additional staff (in the numbers required). This means multiple problems are occurring.

The main problem you are witnessing is for repeats of shows (the full 60 minute production including ads), what they do is cut the live feed to an "ad robot" (Term used loosely), which overlays the new ads. This saves them money by not having to employ further editing staff to edit out the old ads, and replace them with a black pause (which you see in the "newer" shows).

This show you have recorded (bone collector) is a repeat, what you are actually seeing (in the first video) is the former intro to what is called "Brand power" (i cant recall the name right now).

See it every time I watch TV here in Nor Cal, thanks for the reasoning. I knew it was bad editing, but could not figure out why. Now can you explain the odd letters, numbers & symbols that show up where the "closed captioning" would be if it were on? stuff like "NNNn5%1db" etc...lots of crazy stuff, it isn't the TV, perhaps the cable box? "comcast/xfinity"...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Although I don't see or even know what you're talking about........ but you know the solution? Stop watching tv.

Watching tv is being looked upon (and looked down on) the same way people were dumb enough to start smoking. If someone is a chronic cough'er and smokes, the best advice we can give them is to stop smoking or stop complaining.

Same with television. So many MANY things are wrong with it and we KNOW that. But like the addicted smoker, people still watch it and still complain. I just don't get the hypocrisy.

This is not to make less of what you're saying but really, the only way to stop it is to stop watching it. Television is an evil device. Looking to suck all your money which....we're losing anyway. That's their prime goal. Consumerism.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Can we get a merge on the two threads (instead of deleting one?)?

My response

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

once again
no it is not 'bad editing'

this has been happening for almost a year now..someone would have fixed it because they know its illegal
it happens on LIVE COVERAGES AND NEW PROGRAMS
it happens at almost the same spot almost every ad break on almost every program

if it is an accident it must be a happy coincidence for the tv channels that it almost always shows a brand logo..

do you really think they would let an 'accident' like this go on and not get paid for it???

what you guys are saying is that the msm is giving away free subliminal messaging i dont think it works like that

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Stop watching tv.

I don't watch much. I haven't had a TV of my own in 6 years. When I do it's usually documentaries etc, after my girl goes to bed. Solid advice H_A

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by exdog5

once again

this has been happening for almost a year now..someone would have fixed it because they know its illegal
it happens at almost the same spot almost every ad break on almost every program

if it is an accident it must be a happy coincidence for the tv channels that it almost always shows a brand logo..

do you really think they would let an 'accident' like this go on and not get paid for it???

what you guys are saying is that the msm is giving away free subliminal messaging i dont think it works like that

Not discrediting your viewpoint. In fact, next time I have the TV on, I will watch it with your mindset. Can't hurt.

Update- after watching your post a few more times, those do look too smooth to be the "bad editing" I have seen around here. Ours are very sloppy and not usually related to any corporate products, just short bits of local business or upcoming TV broadcasts...
edit on 15-9-2011 by exdog5 because: edit-

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spruk

Hi There,

your theory is debunked.
ive looked at the tv programs in my videos. the last time the programs were played the ads spliced in were not even around yet.
so its impossible to be bad editing because you would be seeing old images

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by exdog5

reply to post by exdog5

once again

Not discrediting your viewpoint. In fact, next time I have the TV on, I will watch it with your mindset. Can't hurt.

Update- after watching your post a few more times, those do look too smooth to be the "bad editing" I have seen around here. Ours are very sloppy and not usually related to any corporate products, just short bits of local business or upcoming TV broadcasts...
edit on 15-9-2011 by exdog5 because: edit-

thanks.
yes but the short bits you have over there are just as worrying. tv is about blasting the same images into your head. they might use these images later on to make you fimilar with what they are saying and more likely to buy or listen to adverts..
ours defintley have corprate products, many logos and lots of familiar images...
this really worrys me

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I haven't watched TV in about 2 years now.
There really is nothing good about it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

are you kidding me man its still illegal
No it's not. Stop being silly. Even if it were intentional subliminal advertising (which it is not), there are no laws against that.

and even if it was an accident they would have fixed it by now
Why? It's a timing problem. Nothing more. It happens most often with national feeds and local ads... it comes down the satellite from the network to the local affiliate with an ad or placeholder in place, but the local station has sold the same spot of ad time to a local business, and the new ad starts a couple frames too early or too late. Not a big deal.

(Could also happen where the difference is between over-the-air broadcast and cable tv reception... the cable company can sell ads and insert them too...)

this has been happening for almost a year now.
No, it's probably been happening for at least 10 years now, but you only noticed a year ago.
edit on 2011.9.16 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

www.theage.com.au... -and-you-miss-it-aria-ads-breach-code-20081008-4wqv.html

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Don't know if it is in the videos posted in the OP but there was that scandal with the ARIA awards a few years back. They were caught using single frame advertising for their sponsors that most couldn't see. A friend of mine's kids said they could see "KFC" appearing although the adults couldn't.

www.rovefeed.com...
edit on 16/9/11 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

yeah i posted that a couple of minutes ago
im afraid people just dont seem to care..

its a case of they just found a smarter way to do it so people let it happen.

im actually disgusted and want to take this thing to the courts for them brainwashing me

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

reply to post by JoshNorton

www.theage.com.au... -and-you-miss-it-aria-ads-breach-code-20081008-4wqv.html
Like I said, it's not against the law.

But the network will not be punished because its breach of the code of practice — which is written by the commercial television networks — is not considered an offence and does not attract a penalty.
It's a code, written by TV networks not to do that, not a law written by lawmakers.

Furthermore, also from the article you cite,

A lecturer in marketing at the University of Melbourne, Dr Danielle Chmielewski, said the effectiveness of subliminal advertising was questionable.
"There is really no evidence to suggest it works," she said.
Which is true. There's no credible proof that subliminal advertising of this nature has any effect whatsoever. The guy who started all the hubub back in the 1950's was a fraud.

In 1957, market researcher James Vicary claimed that quickly flashing messages on a movie screen, in Fort Lee, New Jersey, had influenced people to purchase more food and drinks. Vicary coined the term subliminal advertising and formed the Subliminal Projection Company based on a six-week test. Vicary claimed that during the presentation of the movie Picnic he used a tachistoscope to project the words "Drink Coca-Cola" and "Hungry? Eat popcorn" for 1/30 of a second at five-second intervals. Vicary asserted that during the test, sales of popcorn and Coke in that New Jersey theater increased 57.8% and 18.1% respectively.

However, in 1962 Vicary admitted to lying about the experiment and falsifying the results, the story itself being a marketing ploy. An identical experiment conducted by Dr. Henry Link showed no increase in cola or popcorn sales. A trip to Fort Lee, where the first experiment was alleged to have taken place, would have shown straight away that the small cinema there couldn't possibly have had 45,699 visitors through its doors in the space of six weeks. This has led people to believe that Vicary actually did not conduct his experiment at all.

However, before Vicary's confession, his claims were promoted in Vance Packard's book The Hidden Persuaders, and led to a public outcry, and to many conspiracy theories of governments and cults using the technique to their advantage. The practice of subliminal advertising was subsequently banned in the United Kingdom and Australia, and by American networks and the National Association of Broadcasters in 1958. (Again, voluntary ban by broadcast standards—not a matter of law.)

But in 1958, Vicary conducted a television test in which he flashed the message "telephone now" hundreds of times during a Canadian Broadcasting Corporation program, and found no noticeable increase in telephone calls.
source

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I realize this thread is about mainstream television but glad you started it just the same because I don't think what I want to share, warrants its own thread.

As I went to open my Yahoo mail, I couldn't help but notice its front-page news.

Now grant it, it's targeted and modified to ones area (mine being Florida) so its not national per se... but still, is there a sinister message here or just really poor page layout choices?

Notice the main advert: "How you....millionaire"
Now look below for the main story: "Millionaire.....killing..."

It may be nothing and I am reading too much into it but to me it seems too off-the-wall to be coincidental and yet too disturbing to think otherwise.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join