It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey says it is prepared for possibility of war with Israel

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

You don’t hate Israel, but it is an evil state?

His hate has no direct influence over their evil characteristics. Whether they are evil or not isn't up to him.
Sure he can say it one way or the other but their actions speak louder than his words.

It's a truth.

Logic being twisted into little pretzels.

How someone that can have such of an opinion of a country, can convince themselves that they don’t harbor any hatred of that country. When their very own concept of the country is the working definition of hatred.

When you think a country is evil, that means you dislike, have distaste for, are revolted by, or by any other definition “hate” them.

There is no dividing line. You pretend there is to try to feel better about your own opinion, but all it is is self induced delusion.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here is a chart of world war 3 made by political scientist Luis Vega. This is how Israels enemies might invade before the enemies of Israel are destroyed.... www.sonoma.edu...
edit on 14-9-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
Here is a chart of world war 3 made by political scientist Luis Vega. This is how Israels enemies might invade before the enemies of Israel are destroyed.... www.sonoma.edu...

Anyone who uses religion and biblical references for future events is not a scientist. Especially when he talks about the rapture.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Just because you are godless does not make you smart, quite the opposite my friend. The Bible tells us only a fool says there is no God.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Well it would, wouldnt it.

Despite zero evidence there is a god and even if there was a god, the odds are that its going to be another religion anyway so clearly smart people wouldnt believe in a god because billions upon billions of them are wrong...yet they all believe they are right.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Turkey says it is prepared for possibility of war with Israel

There are few things more certain than that NATO is not the alliance it used to was. In fact, something like even the smallest shooting war between Turkey and Israel, could do what the former Soviet Union in all of its heyday might could not; bring down the North Atlantic Alliance.

It would be quite the political coup for those who would happily divide Europe against itself and slice America out of the equation altogether. With such a scenario, Israel could be weakened... which is exactly the desired effect.

There has been a very determined propaganda effort over the span of the last 20 years to undermine the resolve of NATO to support Israel by creating situations where the Jewish state was forced to track through preplanned political and strategic minefields. The result was the arrival of a hard line Israeli government... and that played perfectly into the plan as well.

The desired outcome is the fall of the Jewish state and the eradication of the Jews from the face of the Earth. It was begun once but... interrupted. It has now been taken up again with a far more intricate plan... and all of us will have a hand in it so there can never be any finger pointing when its all said and done.

Of course, I may be dead wrong and the Jews are as ee-ville as they are painted. If so... I'll accept the responsibility for defending them as long as you accept the responsibility of genocide.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I don’t think this would affect NATO. The treaty states that states members agree to aid in each other’s defense in response to an attack by any external party. If the Turks are attacked for running the Israeli blockade of Gaza, I don’t see why the NATO member nation’s would come to its aid because they blockade is legal, having been recognized so, and Turkey would be performing an overt act of aggression in running it. This is why NATO wasn’t part of the 2003 invasion of Iraq but is a part of the ongoing action in Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Countries are not given other countries to be absorbed by them as a result of war. You are saying such a thing is perfectly normal and acceptable and happens all the time. I t does not. Your explanation for what Israel is doing is shallow, superficial, and false.

edit on 14-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What is really funny about all this Israel bashing is one little fact that escapes the Arab world. Once not too long ago the Turks were the ones who lorded over them! A little place called the Ottoman empire!! Religion doesn't hold a candle to regional ties. There is no overreaching authority to the Islamic faith. Arabs and Turks have a rivalry dating back through history and who do you think would come out on top of Turkey vs any other Middle Eastern nation?? Even Iran isn't that crazy. Turkey could be the match that sets the whole place on fire!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

This is the fall-back, just like I suppose if someone does not like Obama, they are racist.

That's not what is being implied. In fact, I specifically excluded antisemitism. I don't like guys with curly hair. For whatever reason - I find the curly hair to be offensive to my being. There's no logic to it; none whatsoever. I have no negative experiences (that I can think of) to try and tie back to it. I just... can't stand curly hair.

Is that hair-ism? I can't say I don't treat them differently (as I find their appearance offensive from the get-go - I am more likely to be more harsh and less appreciative) - but I don't try to justify my dislike of people with curly hair off on "everyone behind a bank counter has curly hair... or most of them. They are in the media, too!"

Can you give an explanation for this mysterious "hatred" of Israel that seemingly comes out of nowhere?

It's not my job to justify another person's dislike.

I used to be the biggest supporter of Israel but that was before the internet so all I knew was the propaganda that you can get through controlled media. Now I understand who they are and what they are doing.

I have the internet, too. I have researched issues regarding Israel, and yet I remain a supporter of Israel. I have run across all kinds of claims regarding what wrongs Israel does... I've run across just as many about the wrongs the Arabs do. I've also run across claims that they control the media, banks, etc (look up where that claim started).

I also have access to social networks that the vast majority of people do not. So I know a bit more about Israel than your average Joe with a T1. Good and bad things.

People are always being manipulated and controlled by people approximately of my caliber. It takes one to know one, as they say. There are manipulative forces that are pro, and forces that are anti Israel. The fact is that Israel is a sovereign nation with a responsibility to protect their people and borders. They are resolved to this in ways many westerners are not, and have pulled more than a few strings to try and have other powers solve a problem for them.

Their tactics can be a bit over-the-top by our standards. As a hypothetical example: Israel knows of a plot to develop a chemical weapon and release it in one of our subways. They have their own operatives pose as members of that organization and intentionally leak information to western agents, culminating with their own release of a less hazardous substance in a subway system. It's an interesting gambit where they attempt to lead western authorities onto the trail (particularly if they have ignored Israeli intelligence sources) and, failing that, directly interfere and foil the plot of terrorists by beating them to the punch with their own, much less costly, attack.

Our intel community has all kinds of interesting stories to tell about working with Israel. They always know more than they let on, and there's usually a gear or two within the gear you're part of.

Many of us choose to be slaves to hatred - even before we choose to be a slave of another man. All a man has to do to raise an army overnight is find an entity for many people to hate.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

It's not my job to justify another person's dislike.
I asked for an explanation of this thing you accuse others of.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I asked for an explanation of this thing you accuse others of.

No, you asked me to explain why another person has a very obvious dislike.

Most cannot explain why they have a dislike for Israel. They can only spout anger and half-truths. Indications of people who are simply using the subject as an outlet for anger.

Though you seem to want to guide my responses - so, I'll give you the answer you are looking for:

"Israel stole land from the arabs and continues is campaign of tyranny and oppression. Burka Dir, Muhamed Jihad."

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Dude,

THOU SHALT NOT STEAL/KILL

These rules apply to god's chosen people just as much as everyone else!

You're going to keep on trying to turn this into a race issue, but you've picked the wrong guy, i will continue to address the point in hand.

Isreal are breaking international law and murdering people for their land.

I don't care who did it when I wasn't looking, I don't care how ok you big US buddy tells you it is, you and I both know that deep down in our hearts, killing poor people for their land is WRONG.

edit on 15-9-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

The rabbis interpreted that to mean stealing from or murdering fellow Jews, so your argument falls on deaf ears if you are directing it towards the Israelis.
What we have to hope is that there are still some Christians who realize those laws apply to stealing from and murdering even Palestinians.

edit on 15-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I would say then, that this perception is only in your own mind, that people spontaneously hate Israel.

edit on 15-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
So, if a hypothetical war did break out between Turkey and Isreal, where the hell would the US stand? and what would the US do?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I would say then, that this perception is only in your own mind, that people spontaneously hate Israel.

Perhaps you should try reading my post, son.

What we have to hope is that there are still some Christians who realize those laws apply to stealing from and murdering even Palestinians.

And, yet, Palestine still exists.

Israel could wipe out Palestine in a heartbeat - they are more than capable.

Or is it that they are so sick and twisted that they keep them around to shoot millions of dollars worth of ordnance at them for #s and giggles?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Israel could wipe out Palestine in a heartbeat - they are more than capable.

And how long would Israel last after doing that??

They may be oppressive tyrants but they ain't stupid...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

So, if a hypothetical war did break out between Turkey and Isreal, where the hell would the US stand? and what would the US do?

Argue about what we should do until several years after the conflict has resolved itself.

Or start killing each other over whether or not to step in and aid Israel. Not quite as likely - but plausible.

... To answer your question - from a policy standpoint, we would likely aid Israel. Iraq was a U.N. member nation, and the U.S. demonstrated resolve to carry out its own policies regardless of international concerns over the issue. NATO is a little different - but you'll find few other NATO member nations who really 'side' with Turkey. Their membership status is part of the effort to "get them before the Russians." They have little real status within NATO.

Socially - among the civilian population, the anti-Israel crowd will make a huge stink over it.

The logical fact is that we have good relations with Israel and it is in our best interest to preserve Israel's status as a sovereign nation. The Arab nations really have nothing to offer the U.S. - aside from oil - and we're getting damned tired of having that card played. They are simply ideologically incompatible with the U.S. - and it's not in our interest to have them waging war with a country that is on much better terms with us.

It's as simple as that.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Or is it that they are so sick and twisted that they keep them around to shoot millions of dollars worth of ordnance at them for #s and giggles?
It's not like they have to pay for it themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join