It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the counterpart to a truther?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
hum, retards? HookLineAndSinker? Bit dumber and not even breathing? Oh wait, I have it: Fakers!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Kinda pathetic how the myth-huggers and shills attempt to make truth seekers sound insane by attaching a derogatory meaning to the word truth, but that's how the "FALSERS" roll.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by audiopackrat

I agree with you, but from a different perspective. It is ironic that the word "truther" is used for people who are so full of fantasy or lies. I think most people just believe in a fantasy, just a couple of "truthers" are liars. But those are the more intelligent ones, and trick others in believing their lies and deception.

As for the question in the OP, there is no counterpart to truther, just like there is not counterpart to any other group. But I get the feeling you made this post as a joke in an attempt to mock non-truthers.
edit on 14-9-2011 by -PLB- because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah

Originally posted by hooper
reply to post by deadmessiah

In calling us "truthers" while positioning yourselves in opposition to us, you are subliminally labeling yourselves "liars".

Who's in opposition? There's no "oppostition". You can't "oppose" a delusion or a fantasy. You can only "oppose" a solid proposition.

Since "truther" is not a real word in the english dictionary, we must look to its root word which is "truth".

OK, whatever.

The opposite of "truth" is "lie".

No the opposite of truth is not "lie". The opposite of truth is fiction. Truth is a noun, lie is a verb. That's like saying the opposite of tree is run.
Good lord, no wonder why explaining this simple stuff is so difficult.

I don't really know where you come off thinking you can only oppose a solid proposition. The main reasons for opposition are because each side believes the other to be delusional, wrong, false, fake, or deceptive. I oppose the OS because I think its a delusional fantasy. You are the opposition to the truthers, you oppose they're theories, beliefs, movement, etc. You consider us and our movement as being delusional and false. Likewise, we believe the same concerning you and the OS. The definition of "opposition" is "Resistance or dissent, expressed in action or argument". Resistence is defined as "a body of people united in opposing something". I'll let the definitions alone win the argument.

As previously stated, "lie" is also a noun as well as a synonym to "untruth", no need for me to go any further into that. I seriously question your intelligence, you are taught these things in middle school.

that still sounds about right.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by audiopackrat
Kinda pathetic how the myth-huggers and shills attempt to make truth seekers sound insane by attaching a derogatory meaning to the word truth, but that's how the "FALSERS" roll.

Guess the truth is seen as a bad thing in this context.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
Haha, good one! The try to radicalize us by calling us "people who want the truth", at the same time, they sort of shoot themselves in the foot through reverse implication.

Yeah I know. I guess it isnt about the truth, but which site you are on to them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join