It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman has to pay $1k for forced cavity search

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

so the deal was...
On a tip the cops believed the woman was concealing up to an ounce of heroin on her person... or rather... inside her person...

despite the fact she had she had no criminal record or history they drag her in for this search... and when then find she was innocent... they stuck her with the bill...

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-9-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

Amazing to me how a woman on a "tip" can get humiliated ,plus be asked to pay for the bill. All for an ounce of heroin? Sounds like a setup to me.

Why is it that all the 'tips" out there surrounding CIA being heavily involved with the sales of narcotics..never seems to get seriously looked into?
edit on 6-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Oddly enough she is refusing to pay - La Cruces Sun-News.

2nd

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Too sickened to say anything coherent.

S&F&

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

She's smart to sue, whether or not she wins it will draw attention and scrutiny to the decisions/actions of the police involved and may bring some pressure to review such tactics.

edit on 6-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If THAT is what it takes to "keep you safe" from heroin addicts running amock in the town square, then it is probable that we don't need to be "kept safe".

This is analgous to the TSA debate. The violation of our rights is pathetic. Especially when it is to fight arbitrary, victimless crimes.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't think she will have to pay if she fights it.

Here, if the cops charge someone with an offence and that person is aquitted, the cops must foot the bill for the costs of their investigation as well as the costs of the accused defending themselves.

While Sgt. Alba says his source believed the woman was concealing up to an ounce of heroin on her person, the authorities had no other evidence against the woman other than hearsay and she had no criminal record. Doctors did not recover any drugs in the search and the woman was not formally arrested or charged with any crime.

The fact nothing is nothing was found, no charges were laid, the evidence was weak and she has no prior record. For the sake of justice itself, the cops should pay up.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I thought it was bad when an ex and I got pulled over and surrounded by 6 unmarked police cars b/c someone SAID they saw us do a drug deal at a gas station (where we just bought drinks). That was scary even though we were completely innocent. This poor woman. I can only imagine how violated and embarrassed she must feel. I can see charging her if something was found...but not if she was innocent!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Uhmmm?

Reasonable suspicion: Border Security. Customs and Immigration [wiki]

Border Security, Customs, and ImmigrationMain article: Border search exception
Although U.S. Customs can do routine suspicionless searches of people and effects crossing the border (including passing through airport customs), non-routine searches, like slashing the spare tire of a car, require reasonable suspicion. United States v. Flores-Montano. Anything even more intrusive, like compelled surgery of a suspected balloon swallower, requires probable cause. United States v. Montoya

Note my bolds and underline edits to emphasize.

Personal Disclosure: Yeah...so... where was the PROBABLE CAUSE eh?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You can't make this BS up! I mean, no sane person would have EVER thought of that ...

Hell if someone had written that in the scenario of a movie, the producers would have laughed at the writer!

This world is getting crazier by the minute.

That woman need to tell the cops to put that medical bill where the sun don't shine.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
All she has to do is not pay the fine...what are they doing to do...arrest her and put her in jail?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

That woman need to tell the cops to put that medical bill where the sun don't shine.

I can imagine what the medical bill would be for performing that feat, a scenario that sounds no less fantastic than this incident.

Anyone not convinced yet that this whole Drug War has not been contrived to rob everyone of their privacy? Talk about invasion of private spaces.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
She should sue them for indecent assault with a deadly weapon, sexual violation, defamation, illegal search, gang membership, conspiracy to defraud, exceeding the speed limit, illegal restraint, imprisonment without charge, assault with violence, (basically everything that a police officer is likely to definitely have done) ... and also for the payment of medical and legal expenses.

Rip them a new one.

Police should be exactly as subject to the law as we are.

For the Police to be more harm to society than good; should not be allowed.
edit on 6/9/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
despite the fact she had she had no criminal record or history they drag her in for this search... and when then find she was innocent... they stuck her with the bill...

Actually this kind of stuff happens more than one would think. Hell anyone spending time on ATS I think has figured out this stuff happens pretty much every week.

Now let me relate some person stories of police doing just this.

I've had my car seized for similar claims, the police had a valid warrant to seize my car. The warrants they had to search where I was stay were not valid but I recommended to the house owner to allow the police to still carryout a search of the dwelling, they found nothing. While the claims weren't true that didn't stop the state of New York from stripping my car down to parts, everything even the engine was disassembled (they also stole the gas from the tank). When I went to pick it up with the homeowner, previously mentioned who was a lawyer, I had to have it removed from the premise by the end of the day. As you can guess neither my lawyer friend or I were to impressed. When all was said and done, thanks to my lawyer friend, the police payed to have car rebuilt at their cost.

Unbelievably years before, a fellow in my hometown in Maine had his truck seized because it was believed to have been used in a vehicular manslaughter case. No evidence was found on the vehicle but the truck was semi-dismantled (doors, hood, body and tires all were removed) and lucky for him he was given a week to remove it from the state crime lab. He was forced to haul it home, because the police wouldn't let him put it back together in their yard. He was stuck with paying to have it hauled home, put back together and even repainted as the crime lab had scratched and damaged the paint job.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
So basically she was gang-raped by the system, in all her "cavities", and then is forced to pay for it.
Nice system u got there guys.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
In one of my previous threads I talked about my experiences with the TSA, being a Scottish citizen and being in the states in May for the first time since 1996. I can tell you the change is obvious and you really feel the police and the TSA think they can do what they want and get away with it. I wont be rushing back to the states. I hate the EU however human rights seems more of an issue on this side of the planet than the states. Really disgusting makes you really think will the future see countries invading the US to give the people freedom

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
So after she gets raped, she gets slammed with the bill?...

Talk about getting fu##ed.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The term "Only in America" really comes to mind when reading this.
Sure the government can rape you elsewhere, but at least they don't bill you for it.

If you really hate someone it seems you can just make an anonymous call and
have them raped by the government. Seems convenient.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join