It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predators with Ph.D.s

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by newcovenant

That's the thing with postmodernism. If you accept that there are no absolute truths, and hence no absolute morals, anything is permissible if you indoctrinate others through education and media. Simply expose some things in a sympathetic light slowly and steadily. WE may say it will never happen, but WE have to idea to what extent future generations believe the general doctrine of postmodernism. If they do the next logical question is whose standards of morality should we accept and why.

I don't have much optimism for the future, unless people give up the fashionable views of postmodernism.

What would we do without our isms? Why can't we just do the right thing and forget about the labels? Once you start labeling people's entire philosophy in a few words they a) resent it and b) stop behaving as expected or c) worse they start living up to the labels and broadening the definitions.
edit on 4-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by 547000

Enough with this "you can't compare homosexuality with pedophilia" nonsense.

So, do you want to criminalise homosexuality, too? Or is that baseless slippery slope argument all you have?

It's reductionist bull# to discredit an argument because you refuse to understand it. Merely mentioning homosexuality and comparing it to pedophilia makes people blind to the point.

There is no comparison, because one does involve informed consent, while the other does not. This lack of informed consent is the sole reason why pedophilia, rape etc. are considered wrong, while heterosexual, homosexual, group, anal, bondage etc. sex is not wrong in any way.

Comparing pedophilia to homosexuality diminishes the evil it is and is downright disrespectful to its victims.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Hehehe, wait till a few years pass and people are indoctrinated to believe children can give consent.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Labels exist to make it easy to describe and classify characteristics of objects. Not a realistic idea to follow through with at all.
edit on 4-9-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
our religious leaders "praise the lord",telling their sheep to commit no sin, then rape children behind the scene. our governments keep the masses economically supressed while sending youth "over there" to die in war after war after war. those that rule and control us have been leading us astray and lying for far too long..."absolute power corrupts absolutely"...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
our religious leaders "praise the lord",telling their sheep to commit no sin, then rape children behind the scene. our governments keep the masses economically supressed while sending youth "over there" to die in war after war after war. those that rule and control us have been leading us astray and lying for far too long..."absolute power corrupts absolutely"...

This is ugly and disgusting...and unfortunately true.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

This is ugly and disgusting...and unfortunately true.
your above quote ^^^ is awesome,frightening and really sad...its from 1892?...i just looked up bellamy,its a play on his words,but still true...
edit on 4-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
B4U-Act is not pro-pedophilia they are about preventing acts of pedophilia

This is a thread that does harm. By simple acts of refusing to research and by the fact that people refuse to read every post or click links before they knee-jerk post, nearly all of you in this thread are defaming an organization that aims to prevent a person that is sexually attracted to children from acting on those attractions.

The symposium was designed to set psychological counseling practices for those that know they have a problem and how to help them deal with the problem so that they DON'T victimize a child. This is a good thing. It in no way condones pedophilia and I don't understand how it was ever interpreted that way. I suppose it's better to wait til a child comes forward after the fact. Wake up people.

Blogs should only be allowed to use to support ideas not as sources.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
B4U-Act is not pro-pedophilia they are about preventing acts of pedophilia

This is a thread that does harm. By simple acts of refusing to research and by the fact that people refuse to read every post or click links before they knee-jerk post, nearly all of you in this thread are defaming an organization that aims to prevent a person that is sexually attracted to children from acting on those attractions.

The symposium was designed to set psychological counseling practices for those that know they have a problem and how to help them deal with the problem before they victimize a child. This is a good thing. It in no way condones pedophilia and I don't understand how it was ever interpreted that way. I suppose it's better to wait til a child comes forward after the fact. Wake up people.

Blogs should only be allowed to use to support ideas not as sources.
how many children have been harmed,maimed and killed in war?...hundreds of thousands if not millions!...wheres their symposium?!...oh i keep forgetting,war is socially acceptable!...we "have" to go and die over there, before the fabricated "enemy" comes and kills us over here...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I fail to see how paedophilia is a mental illness.

First of all, there's no such thing as mental illness; the entire concept is just not factually supported. All the evidence which we currently have to hand indicates that evolution is not a teleological process, so there can not reasonably be a ''healthy'' or ''ill'' mental state.

Take depression, for example; the depressive mental state is probably far more in alignment with an objective view of reality than the ''normal'', equilibrial human mindset, and all the delusions and illogic which help to form that mindset.

The only way you could realistically apportion ''normality'' to any given mental state, is if it is done so on a statistical basis. But then that would throw up a wide range of ''mental illnesses'' which would vary between location and - due to the potential for a majority way of thinking to become a minority way of thinking - could lead to some rapidly fluctuating definitions of mental ''normality'' and ''abnormality''.

Secondly, even if we entertained the concept of mental illness, I fail to see how paedophilia could be classed in that bracket. Why would a sexual attraction to children be any more of an ''illness'' than a sexual attraction to people of your own sex ? It doesn't make sense to designate some minority sexualities as ''normal'' and others as a ''mental illness'', purely because of current social norms.

The problem with paedophilia is when the urges are acted upon. But that is an ethical problem, rather than one which relates to any - as yet, unfounded - idea of mental ''normality''.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I believe mental illness is defined as (potentialy or actually) causing some harm to the sufferer or others. Thus things like pedophilia but also for example, psychopathy are mental illnesses under this definition.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

First of all, there's no such thing as mental illness; the entire concept is just not factually supported. All the evidence which we currently have to hand indicates that evolution is not a teleological process, so there can not reasonably be a ''healthy'' or ''ill'' mental state.

Take depression, for example; the depressive mental state is probably far more in alignment with an objective view of reality than the ''normal'', equilibrial human mindset, and all the delusions and illogic which help to form that mindset.

The only way you could realistically apportion ''normality'' to any given mental state, is if it is done so on a statistical basis. But then that would throw up a wide range of ''mental illnesses'' which would vary between location and - due to the potential for a majority way of thinking to become a minority way of thinking - could lead to some rapidly fluctuating definitions of mental ''normality'' and ''abnormality''.

Secondly, even if we entertained the concept of mental illness, I fail to see how paedophilia could be classed in that bracket. Why would a sexual attraction to children be any more of an ''illness'' than a sexual attraction to people of your own sex ? It doesn't make sense to designate some minority sexualities as ''normal'' and others as a ''mental illness'', purely because of current social norms.

The problem with paedophilia is when the urges are acted upon. But that is an ethical problem, rather than one which relates to any - as yet, unfounded - idea of mental ''normality''.

we fabricate the idea that this or that is a mental illness and then demonize those that show the supposed symptoms,so big pharma,hospitals,doctors and psychiatrists stay rolling in a neverending flow of $$$$$...sounds awfully similar to war does'nt it! except this is a war tptb wage against our minds and the various ways we perceive reality..."you will see things our way.and if you dont,thers something wrong with you"...its truely unbelievable!...and really, really sad...and it hurts to break those chains of denial and admit it to myself that this ^^^ is whats going on and has been for hundreds of years...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The entire profession of psychology would beg to differ. Not factually based? How about doing some research

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

There are 2 posters there. I don't think I am the author you are referring to. The original poster may have read that but I doubt it. Is true and so simple and basic a sentiment - I don't think it is something that had to be lifted. It is only a few lines and a common theme. It has probably been said almost just like this thousands of times and ignored almost like this will be millions of times.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

we fabricate the idea that this or that is a mental illness and then demonize those that show the supposed symptoms,so big pharma,hospitals,doctors and psychiatrists stay rolling in a neverending flow of $$$$$...sounds awfully similar to war does'nt it! except this is a war tptb wage against our minds and the various ways we perceive reality..."you will see things our way.and if you dont,theres something wrong with you"...its truely unbelievable!...and really, really sad...and it hurts to break those chains of denial and admit it to myself that this ^^^ is whats going on and has been for hundreds of years...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

how many children have been harmed,maimed and killed in war?...hundreds of thousands if not millions!...wheres their symposium?!...oh i keep forgetting,war is socially acceptable!...we "have" to go and die over there, before the fabricated "enemy" comes and kills us over here...

childhood.camden.rutgers.edu...

www.wlv.ac.uk...

www.law.stanford.edu...

www.thepsychologist.org.uk... onf.pdf

They even have their own charities:

www.warchild.org.uk...

childvictimsofwar.org.uk...

Was there a point to your post at all?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

and what have they ^^^ accomplished? except funneling $$$ into the wrong "unseen" hands and to react after the fact by picking up the torn remains of their little clothes and retreive the broken pieces of their shattered little bodies and minds and what have they prevented? nothing! kids are massacred on a daily basis and hardly ever is a word even spoken in their defense...its always sex,sex,sex,...sex is the "only reason" we are here and does anyone recall the janet jackson breast incident?!...what a joke!...who cares,yet the earth shook back and forth from all the puritan gut reactions...wow!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

[ and what have they ^^^ accomplished? except funneling $$$ into the wrong "unseen" hands and to react after the fact by picking up the torn remains of their little clothes and retreive the broken pieces of their shattered little bodies and minds and what have they prevented? nothing! kids are massacred on a daily basis and hardly ever is a word even spoken in their defense...its always sex,sex,sex,...sex is the "only reason" we are here and does anyone recall the janet jackson breast incident?!...what a joke!...who cares,yet the earth shook back and forth from all the puritan gut reactions...wow!

Still failing to see the point pertaining to the OP here.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervalentiodine

[ and what have they ^^^ accomplished? except funneling $$$ into the wrong "unseen" hands and to react after the fact by picking up the torn remains of their little clothes and retreive the broken pieces of their shattered little bodies and minds and what have they prevented? nothing! kids are massacred on a daily basis and hardly ever is a word even spoken in their defense...its always sex,sex,sex,...sex is the "only reason" we are here and does anyone recall the janet jackson breast incident?!...what a joke!...who cares,yet the earth shook back and forth from all the puritan gut reactions...wow!

Still failing to see the point pertaining to the OP here.
just replying to the mental illness issue that was raised above and how the only thing we ever really "react" to is sex...not war < the real evil in our society.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
i think its good that they have these meetings, it meens they are all in one place at the same time, so we know were to plant the bombs

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join