It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hovered in front of Navy Destroyer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

www.katherinetime s.com.au

A UFO hovered in front of an Australian Navy destroyer for more than half an hour and did not appear on the warship’s radar, an Australian Navy reservist claims.

The man, who didn’t want to be named, came forward after visiting Katherine recently, where he heard about a spate of sightings of unexplained lights and objects in the sky.

The 39-year-old man said he was working on the guided missile destroyer HMAS Brisbane in 1992 as quartermaster gunner when an “illuminating, bright light” appeared in front of the boat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Interesting, seems pretty typical as far as UFO sightings go except they're not often reported in Australia, especially by a member of the Navy here. It's also very interesting to me that it did not appear on radar. Other large craft that have been spotted by pilots in France and Japan appeared on radar so maybe its a possibility that the smaller UFO's do not. So pretty typical of UFO sightings in the sense that a ball of light came down from the sky, did some crazy right angled turns, hovered there for twenty minutes-half an hour and then shot up into the sky. So this does fit with a lot of other accounts I guess. Definitely an interesting one.

This does seem pretty legitimate to me, and yes I know, 'pics or it didnt happen'......

This came with the article:

edit on 2-9-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Sounds like a real top end story to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Why didn't it appear on radar?

Perhaps because it was an actual higher dimension ET craft?

If that is the case, then maybe the UFOs that do get caught on radar are actually

secret government craft?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Interesting story, shame there's very little to it though...

One interesting thing to note is that Mark Wilton, editor of Katherine times is also editor of NT News.

NT news post up a lot of UFO stories.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by galactictuan

Maybe because it wasnt solid like ball lightening or some other kind of natural plasma phenomenon? a light is only an indication of some kind of energy , not that there was any kind of solid craft involved. But half an hour does sound like long time for ball lightening as most of the time it only lasts a few mins before quickly disappearing.

Thats assuming that what he is saying really happened. I would be happier if there was more than one witness to this 'sighting'. If it was there for 30 mins like he said then many people would have seen it. It would be great if some more people came forward and gave us their accounts of what happened.

edit on 2-9-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

A UFO hovered in front of an Australian Navy destroyer for more than half an hour and did not appear on the warship’s radar, an Australian Navy reservist claims.

The man, who didn’t want to be named, came forward after visiting Katherine recently, where he heard about a spate of sightings of unexplained lights and objects in the sky.

The 39-year-old man said he was working on the guided missile destroyer HMAS Brisbane in 1992 as quartermaster gunner when an “illuminating, bright light” appeared in front of the boat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Believe it or not, the same thing happened to my ship USS Buchanan DDG-14 back in 1982.
We were on our way to Pearl Harbor from San Diego. It happened at around 0100.
The CO chose not to go to General Quarters.
Everyone was quiet on the mess deck that morning.
------------
It hovered right in front of us for a few minutes and then shot straight up.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Interesting to note Wickus, maybe they are just more inclined to publish stories of this nature, many other news outlets maybe wouldn't write the story? I don't know, although cheers for the note.

reply to post by Eurisko2012

Wow that's incredible, what colour was it? Did any other people see it?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Probably a good move by your CO

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Chadwickus

Interesting to note Wickus, maybe they are just more inclined to publish stories of this nature, many other news outlets maybe wouldn't write the story? I don't know, although cheers for the note.

Wow that's incredible, what colour was it? Did any other people see it?

Yes. It was a very bright white sphere. Everyone on the bridge saw it.
Guys came running out of CIC to see it. CIC= Combat Information Center
We didn't bother to look at the radars. It was right there in front of us!
--------------
This kind of event actually happens quite often to airline pilots.
They fly in front of the cockpit for a few seconds and then fly off.
The pilots keep quiet so they don't get labeled mentally unstable and lose their jobs.
It's usually a Top Hat spacecraft. - Grey Design -

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Great to hear your experience on the matter. Could you tell us if it made any noise or any idea why you think the UFO was interested in something on your ship? What did you have on board at the time? I too have seen too much to deny they exist and since that day I am fascinated (probably like yourself).

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Maybe because it wasnt solid like ball lightening or some other kind of natural plasma phenomenon?

Really hard to identify it as "ball lightning..." To My knowledge, BL does not hover in a stationary position - and then shoot straight up into the air.

In fact... I can't think of a single natural phenomenon that behaves like that. Not a single one.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana

Great to hear your experience on the matter. Could you tell us if it made any noise or any idea why you think the UFO was interested in something on your ship? What did you have on board at the time? I too have seen too much to deny they exist and since that day I am fascinated (probably like yourself).

It made no noise.
Just like the airliner fly-bys it's just a gentle tap on the shoulder. BTW, we are here and
this is the truth. The pilots see them during the day. We saw ours at night.
----------
We had the normal weapons on board.
Surface to air missiles- harpoon missiles - (2) 5 inch guns - ASROC Launcher amidship

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Again, wow that is a truly amazing sighting you witnessed, cheers for bringing it up in the discussion. Did any other people report it or did anything come of it?

That's actually an interesting thing to mention, maybe its possible that only human manufactured craft like that appear on radar and truly anomalous UFO craft seem to evade radar detection. Good thing to bring up, cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Really hard to identify it as "ball lightning..." To My knowledge, BL does not hover in a stationary position - and then shoot straight up into the air.

In fact... I can't think of a single natural phenomenon that behaves like that. Not a single one.

Im simply going through the options, thats how you investigate this kind of stuff. The report does not say it remained stationary , just that it was high up in the sky.

“We were sailing in the Great Australia Bight when the light was suddenly in front of us, about 45 degrees, high in the sky.

The Navy Reservist said the light then “quickly moved to south east and then south west and gave a bit of a jiggle”, before it “shot up and disappeared”.

It also said it moved about.

Like i said 30 mins seems a long time for ball lightening. If we had more than just one 'witness' we could comfirm the amount of time it was there and how it moved better. We know there are weather phenomenom that produce balls of light / highly charged plasma that dont show up on radar so its only right to try to investigate these as a possibility first before jumping to any conclusions about alien craft etc..

edit on 2-9-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Again, wow that is a truly amazing sighting you witnessed, cheers for bringing it up in the discussion. Did any other people report it or did anything come of it?

That's actually an interesting thing to mention, maybe its possible that only human manufactured craft like that appear on radar and truly anomalous UFO craft seem to evade radar detection. Good thing to bring up, cheers

Nothing came of it.
While in Pearl Harbor a few of my shipmates used our military IDs to ride over to the
submarine base and have a look around the SSNs & SSBNs.
They are more impressive than our old DDG.
--------
They also had a few UFO stories.
--------
When they pull into port an Admiral is there to confiscate the log books for the last 3 months.
Then the admiral says don't say anything. Nobody will believe you.
What are they suppose to do? He's an admiral! Okay, take the log books!!!
Bye!

--------
Hint: it turns out the UFOs can fly underwater just as easily as they can fly
through the air or outer space.

All of this cool technology makes us feel kind of silly floating around in our
metal buckets.

It appears we can get rid of all of our submarines, aircraft carriers and space shuttles.
A state-of-the-art Starship can do all 3 jobs better, faster and cheaper!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by galactictuan

If that is the case, then maybe the UFOs that do get caught on radar are actually

secret government craft?

I 'love' your thinking
i never really thought about that before

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Fair enough. The "stationary" object was reported by the poster who claims to have seen a similar event...

I agree that We should look for explanations where they may be - but I also do not believe that We should eliminate the "odd" angle, just because it's odd. I don't think We should say to Ourselves, "That's an odd explanation. I will consider all other options, keep looking for ANYTHING other than that odd explanation, even when the explanation, though odd, does explain the facts.

Just sayin' there are many here that will not entertain the odd explanations and will accept NO explanation before admitting the odd explanation has ANY probability of being correct.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I guess that's what happens to a lot of people who see them, they just overwhelmed by it or gently silenced, much easier to let it be. That is also a very intriguing thing to say in regards to the underwater ufo's, a lot of people have seen them come out of the water, Christopher Columbus included. There seems to be more and more credence to this...Thank you for sharing your stories!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by galactictuan

secret government craft?

Given My knowledge of the science of electrogravitics having been in black ops for over 50 years - and knowing it was producing antigravity and free energy - I am certain a large percentage of craft We call UFO are Human-made. I also am sure We are presently communicating with other races - and I therefore conclude that some of the craft are ET.

I am unsure of the effects of electrogravitics on radar, but there is some probability that it may interact differently, and might "cloak" to radar eyes. This last is speculation.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join