It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't get a council house and its driving me mad!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
People should just stop having kids. Only the rich should be allowed to reproduce.

Anyone is allowed to reproduce, if they don't have the intelligence to support their future family then that's their problem

Unfortunately it's our problem. We work hard and pay taxes and don't think we DESERVE everything handed to us on a silver platter.

We the middle class pay the majority of the taxes in both countries and receive no entitlements that the ultra rich and e ultra poor get..

Lololol, i LOVE the middleclasses, you dont know nothing about being rich and you dont know nothing about being poor

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I dont think intelligence has anything to do with this situation - Its purely financial clearly. Now, question, will this man ever be able to afford to have a child?

I sincerely hope so, contrary to what some members may think, I'm not bashing the OP and genuinely hope he manages to sort his finances out.

All I'm doing is pointing out a simple fact, if he thought a little into the future then he probably wouldn't be in this predicament.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I don't expect anything, moneys so bad I'm considering becoming a gyppo myself and saying to hell with the mortgage. I have two jobs and am starting a printing business.
That said, its payday tomorrow, I have the weekend off and am taking my youngest lad to his first bike rally.
That's what I work for, not to pay over the top electric bills, get ripped off on petrol, tax and all the other sh1t.

The bosses have got fat enough off the likes of me, I'm going to devote my life to taking whatever I can get my hands on from now on, and I ain't alone.

More power to you sir. Theres just no point working your ass off, even funerals are expensive. Everyone's screwing the system - The poor because they have to and the rich because they're greedy.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I dont think intelligence has anything to do with this situation - Its purely financial clearly. Now, question, will this man ever be able to afford to have a child?

I sincerely hope so, contrary to what some members may think, I'm not bashing the OP and genuinely hope he manages to sort his finances out.

All I'm doing is pointing out a simple fact, if he thought a little into the future then he probably wouldn't be in this predicament.

You know the wage he's earning now is a considerable amount higher to what one would earn on the minimum wage?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Wrong again...grew up poor..worked for the ultra rich in college...my partner and I are very comfortable now..I didn't want to sound uppity but we are upper middle class..so I do know a bit about both side..

Keep trying tho..even a stopped clock is right twice a day

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You know the wage he's earning now is a considerable amount higher to what one would earn on the minimum wage?

Yeah I know that, but the cost of living at the minute is ridiculous, there's no way I'd be able to financially secure myself, girlfriend and a child on top. No way...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Surely it would be better to support those working , who chose to have a family over those who do not work, but have children in order to get free housing and benefits? We should not be encouraging people to have children from families who have never done a days work. Working people are having to take on more work, just to keep their heads above ground and many do not have the time or finance to have kids.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Parents in the UK spend less time with their children than those in any other European country, teachers' leaders warned yesterday.

www.independent.co.uk...

I wonder if thats anything to do with employers?
Or maybe parents just dont wanna spend time with there kids, yeah thats probably it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK

I don't expect anything, moneys so bad I'm considering becoming a gyppo myself and saying to hell with the mortgage. I have two jobs and am starting a printing business.
That said, its payday tomorrow, I have the weekend off and am taking my youngest lad to his first bike rally.
That's what I work for, not to pay over the top electric bills, get ripped off on petrol, tax and all the other sh1t.

The bosses have got fat enough off the likes of me, I'm going to devote my life to taking whatever I can get my hands on from now on, and I ain't alone.

More power to you sir. Theres just no point working your ass off, even funerals are expensive. Everyone's screwing the system - The poor because they have to and the rich because they're greedy.

Amen. Trying to just work and pay the bills etc like you are supposed to has driven me nuts over the years. Some months I paid 2 grand in tax, then, when I need a bit of help...there is none. So sod the system, count me out and don't be expecting me to be paying money to the government who just try and keep me down anymore.
It's possible to have a great life, still. You just gotta be creative if you ain't loaded.

One thing I will say, tho, before I hit the hay. Is that its better to be poor and be there for your kids than be less poor and never there.
Good luck and goodnight!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Surely it would be better to support those working , who chose to have a family over those who do not work, but have children in order to get free housing and benefits? We should not be encouraging people to have children from families who have never done a days work. Working people are having to take on more work, just to keep their heads above ground and many do not have the time or finance to have kids.

Yeah I'm not knocking the guy for having a kid or for working Woody, just think it's a little unfair to expect a council house off the back of an unplanned pregnancy.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Hahaha my aunties grew up dirt poor to, worked all the way from 16 and now retired in their early 50's off the money they saved. They live exceedingly comfortable, husbands still work like and no kids. She's worked hard and i cant knock her for that - Although they've completely lost their roots. They've become so comfortable that the only way they experience poverty is by reading about it in the times newspaper haha They're so middleclass that they voted conservative - Big jump there from being working class to middle!

I guess if your willing to jump through hoops for a chance of having enough money then good for you. If thast how you choose to live your life then its fine by me. However, i personally prefer a fairer society where people only have one job and earn enough money in order for them to pay bills and raise children. I'd rather sit here and protest rather then work and keep that greed based system going.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I know you wern't bashing the OP, but I just get concerned that the outcome of working people not having kids maybe like this.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well Working Tax Credits is an allowance to replace the Married Man Tax Allowance, so not really your taxes, just a return on the taxes the OP pays.

Sometimes, pregnancies are unplanned. i.e If a female is on the Pill and she has to take a course of antibiotics, this could reduce the effectiveness.

I agree that there are a lot of people who have children without thinking about the consequences.

The OP was asking why he couldn't get a council house, not damn what do I do now I'm about to become a Father.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yeah I know that, but the cost of living at the minute is ridiculous, there's no way I'd be able to financially secure myself, girlfriend and a child on top. No way...

Any reason why it should remain that way? Is there any reason why one person cant earn enough to live okay and raise a child in the process? Cmon, even if you dig ditches for a living, is any job easy? Is there any proper reason why someone shouldnt earn enough to support themselves and their family?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
no offence op but are you for real?
£250 a week after paying rent from your formula 1 job and your complaining about getting not a council house!
i was like you once all happy with life and work in generall....until i got ill and the government are screwing me up rotten!
i got a council flat i cant afford to live in and i got my benefit today at a massive £73 to supposidly last me 2 weeks ?
thats what real life on the bread line is like dude!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-9-2011 by welshbeliever because: sp

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Lets get back to looking at the facts again, He has a baby on the way, he works, he can't get a council house.
Well he can't wish the baby away, he can't get a better paid job and he can't afford a place to live.
He is 1 of millions in the same boat. He can either accept the facts or carry on feeling he has been denied a right to a council house. (which will only block your thinking)
You can both make yourselves homeless and apply for a hostel accommodation. Not nice but it will get you on the ladder for a council flat in time. If your determined to get into council housing, this is probably the only way to go about it.
Start thinking, go to c a b, if your serious about getting a roof over your heads then get out there and look. Research what you can afford to live on. I'm not saying your whining but unless you go down every avenue, you will not know whats out there to begin with. My 1st home i couldn't afford much and had many second hand furniture and had to have food parcels from my parents to feed my family. 1 day all I had in the cupboard was a potato, cabbage, onion and an egg a some flour. so I made onion bhajis to feed everyone.
That's life I'm afraid

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

People should just stop having kids. Only the rich should be allowed to reproduce.

Anyone is allowed to reproduce, if they don't have the intelligence to support their future family then that's their problem

Unfortunately it's our problem. We work hard and pay taxes and don't think we DESERVE everything handed to us on a silver platter.

We the middle class pay the majority of the taxes in both countries and receive no entitlements that the ultra rich and e ultra poor get..

Lololol, i LOVE the middleclasses, you dont know nothing about being rich and you dont know nothing about being poor

Wrong again...grew up poor..worked for the ultra rich in college...my partner and I are very comfortable now..I didn't want to sound uppity but we are upper middle class..so I do know a bit about both side..

Keep trying tho..even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Hahaha my aunties grew up dirt poor to, worked all the way from 16 and now retired in their early 50's off the money they saved. They live exceedingly comfortable, husbands still work like and no kids. She's worked hard and i cant knock her for that - Although they've completely lost their roots. They've become so comfortable that the only way they experience poverty is by reading about it in the times newspaper haha They're so middleclass that they voted conservative - Big jump there from being working class to middle!

I guess if your willing to jump through hoops for a chance of having enough money then good for you. If thast how you choose to live your life then its fine by me. However, i personally prefer a fairer society where people only have one job and earn enough money in order for them to pay bills and raise children. I'd rather sit here and protest rather then work and keep that greed based system going.

Well unfortunately that's not the society we live in. We live in a capitalist society not a utopian society.

Besides posting anonymously on conspiracy websites from your moms basement, what are you ACTUALLY doing to change things??

Im learning how to build a bomb and then i plan to blow up the house's of parliament (Which, incidentaly was originally built as a palace for a king) After this i will singlehandedly hunt down the Lords and Lady's of the land, moving then onto the conservatie MP's and lastly the tratorus labour MP's, the liberals i will leave to flee and hope they tell there grandchildren of these events - Assuming there kids have enough money to have kids

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Again, without being disrespectful, maybe you or your girlfriend should have been using contraceptive protection?
edit on 1/9/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

Haha jump to conclusions much? We did use contraception but believe it or not it doesn't always work. What makes me special? Nothing although I do believe I have earned the right to help over those who haven't.

ALS

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Now that's the first thing you said I can get on board with.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join