It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Thoughts On Sir Isaac Newton?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Just thought since this Englishman from the past invented the reflector telescope?...and was the greatest pioneer on so many scientific paths, he deserved hopefully praise and added insights by knowledgeable ATS members.?

They say he may have been a classic Asperger mode human being?
Instead of one big integrated mind, he had several seperate (parallell processers?) that made up his analytical mind?

It amazes me how such individuals with no access to todays computers or data bases, could see so deeply into the universe and understand so much?

Hopefully this thread may be a fleeting tribute to a great Scientist?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
great hair.

not bad at math either.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

My thoughts...

Top bloke, would shout him a beer anyday.

But on a serious note, Not that bright. Ive known about gravity since I was a kid he was around forty and it took an apple hitting him on the head for him to figure it out.
edit on 1-9-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Ouch your not a Hook fan per chance?

But seriously "gravity is but a word"?
He explained it mathematically?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
He loved God
He loved Science
He loved Mathematics

A man of great spiritual intellect, a champion in my book.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

He wrote more on Theology than Science but is remembered for his Science.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
All smart people have some sort of 'syndrome' or ADHD now. All the old genius had something wrong with them for some reason or so I'm told.

What makes genius' so different is they have an inherent ability to focus. They also had the time. If more people could do something they enjoy rather than just work to get a paycheck maybe we could have huge advancements like our good old great scientists did. I mean we are learning things now, but there is more out there to be learned, and we are slowly picking away rather than taking chunks off like these men were.

We need to stop medicating our children because some of the best genius' are the most eccentric, they may be different from the average Joe but different is good. We need to stop sending our children to these prisons called schools as well, as all they do is inhibit learning, but that's a whole other discussion.

Newton was a great man, an eccentric one, one that is he were born today would be medicated and his ideas would never be released.

Pred...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Great insight, but even Sir Isaac Newton kept secretive within his cranium, perhaps knowing they would dissect him with ridicule and bullying logic?

Hook was his nemesis is some ways until Hook departed, but Hook could simply not understand how this upstart Newton could outthink him the great Hook?
Sounds very familiar?

I wonder how many Newtonianesque thoughts go through focussed minds in the deep of night, then are forgotten as the suns rays order souls to dress for work as Bus drivers , accountants, Electricians, Politicians?
edit on 1-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: spelting

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Asperger’s syndrome? More like mildly autistic.

Physical and mental health suffered further in adult life from privations visited upon himself, and probably from the various poisons he inadvertently ingested in the course of his alchemical researches.

Subject to fits and collapses.

Almost certainly gay but probably never admitted it even to himself. Sexually very hung up. Terrified of women. Avoided them. Possibly virginal.

Egomaniac. Would not countenance the possibility of a mind greater than his. Lifelong feud with Liebniz, co-inventor of the calculus and perhaps his only intellectual equal in that era.

Evil-tempered, uncharitable, supercilious and bullying. Cordially hated by the poet John Keats and other members of the London intelligentsia.

Religious fanatic. Puritan, sour and curdled. Christian heretic who believed Jesus was not divine. Given to spending long nasty nights trying to rouse spirits and bind them to his bidding.

Certainly the greatest scientist the world has ever seen, and almost certainly the greatest it will ever see.

Cool subject for a thread.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
One of the kings of mathematics, alongside Gauss.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
One miscalibration and I destroy the complete multiverse...otherwise safe.
disclose.tv...
edit on 1-9-2011 by KennyDurazo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

isac newton is one of my heros,
not a usual man a bit accentric but a good soul,
it has been said that alot of greats were autistic
i wounder how most people would react if they were given sharp mental focus
it could be both a curse and a blessing,

some can "reorder" the different parts of the brain to be used like a seperate "processor",
this commonly makes sight and hearing difficult when focusing or processing

depending on task unused parts of the brain can be "tasked" with computation outside of the "thinking" brain
this allows for multitasking of different areas of the brain to "colaberate" on a simulation,
each area working on a seperate part of a larger picture.

newton shows all the clear signs of an asbergers,
but that in itself does not make a great man,
the choice to dedecate himself to the sciences was a personal one
and without imagination and vision the man would no better than a computer without a user

correction did newton or galilao invent the telescope?

The earliest known working telescopes appeared in 1608 and are credited to Hans Lippershey. Among many others who claimed to have made the discovery were Zacharias Janssen, spectacle-maker in Middelburg, and Jacob Metius of Alkmaar. The design of these early refracting telescopes consisted of a convex objective lens and a concave eyepiece. Galileo used this design the following year. In 1611, Johannes Kepler described how a telescope could be made with a convex objective and eyepiece lens and by 1655 astronomers such as Christiaan Huygens were building powerful but unwieldy Keplerian telescopes with compound eyepieces. Hans Lippershey is the earliest person documented to have applied for a patent for the device.[1]

Isaac Newton is credited with building the first "practical" reflector in 1668[citation needed] with a design that incorporated a small flat diagonal mirror to reflect the light to an eyepiece mounted on the side of the telescope. Laurent Cassegrain in 1672 described the design of a reflector with a small convex secondary mirror to reflect light through a central hole in the main mirror.

link to source

xploder
edit on 1-9-2011 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2011 by XPLodER because: add link

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

correction did newton or galilao invent the telescope?

Galileo invented the refracting telescope (also called the Galilean telescope). Newton invented the reflecting telescope a few years later.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

It amazes me how such individuals with no access to todays computers or data bases, could see so deeply into the universe and understand so much?

He had a universal connection. He was an Alchemist.

Issac Newton's Occult Studies

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Autistic...or aspergers....they say he had aspergers syndrome coupled with a heavy inclination to practice narcissim.
Whatever , I agree he was not a social saint, and was prediposed to selfish ambitions perhaps, but conversely he gave his mind soul andd body to the pursuit of knowledge.

Today many role models are the handsome, the rich, the ruthless, the me me winners.

The study of strange spirits such as S.I.N. may be a clue to other worlds and possible paths?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

A fictionalised portrait of Newton, sympathetic, deeply researched and true to life in many ways, can be found in Neal Stephenson’s System of the World cycle of novels. I recommend it highly.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Thanks for the pointer,

top topics

join