It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Can't Win

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

He can't even get 2/3 of congress to approve anything he's ever done in how many years?

Take a look around you. Was he wrong or were 2/3rds of the pin heads in congress wrong? ...Who is still right and who is still wrong? So, you are saying you want a President that will go along with the majority of morons?
...and you wonder why we are in such trouble.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
We are talking stalemate and veto and override like never before, and all you Paulites aren't going to like it, but if you follow your man, you will NEVER bend ever. And guess where this great country will be?

In better condition than it is now. You make it sound like using the veto power when it ought to be used is a bad thing. We NEED a president who will block the Congress from passing dangerous legislation. Our Constitution encourages it! When you can explain to me how it doesn't make any logical sense, I'll listen. Until then, I won't be responding to any more of your semi-coherent ramblings.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I CONCUR!!!!!!!!!! RON PAUL HAS MY VOTE! NO MATTER WHO VOTE FOR, THEY ALL ARE CORRUPT IN SOME WAY OR ANOTHER.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForeverDusk

Originally posted by the owlbear
We are talking stalemate and veto and override like never before, and all you Paulites aren't going to like it, but if you follow your man, you will NEVER bend ever. And guess where this great country will be?

In better condition than it is now. You make it sound like using the veto power when it ought to be used is a bad thing. We NEED a president who will block the Congress from passing dangerous legislation. Our Constitution encourages it! When you can explain to me how it doesn't make any logical sense, I'll listen. Until then, I won't be responding to any more of your semi-coherent ramblings.

Smarten up...

It's called the budget.

Way to go with those blocks...but I'm done playing let's pretend with all you Paul people.
If only you could, too, nonviolently...
Would be good.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Lol @ OP. If we want a nutjob who knowingly administered dangerous vaccines to young girls, the makers of which have given him hundreds of thousands of dollars, former Al Gore campaign manager, also a man who attended bilderberg, and supposedly is a notorious bisexual filanderer posing as a christian with high moral standards, then we'll vote Rick Perry. And you obviously just started this thread to get people riled up, because people who have actually researched his ideas knows there is nothing "thin" about them. This thread, and you, are a joke. We had George Bush for Eight (8) years and elected an African American with the middle name Hussein right after, and you're telling me a constitutionalist libertarian who's won CPAC two years in a row, placed 1st and 2nd in the last 3 major straw polls, and is either 1st 2nd or 3rd in all the major public opinion polls, cannot win? What planet are you living on? Oh yeah, the establishment planet. I'm sorry, I forgot.

Liberty: 1 OP: 0

edit: Can't forget he's trying to kick farmers off their land for NAFTA SuperHighway (Trans-Texas Corridor). Yay! He's such a conservative!!!! z0mg!!
edit on 8/31/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack

He can't even get 2/3 of congress to approve anything he's ever done in how many years?

Take a look around you. Was he wrong or were 2/3rds of the pin heads in congress wrong? ...Who is still right and who is still wrong? So, you are saying you want a President that will go along with the majority of morons?
...and you wonder why we are in such trouble.

The internet and all you guys were around last time.
So I ask you, is he (lord Paul the infallible) wrong or the other 430 some odd douchebags wrong?
Answer.

And I ask you...

Who did you vote for the last whatever?
Do you think it mattered that you voted for db?
Seriously, one ass clown can't make your utopia no matter what the paulians have told you. I'm not advocating that anyone in government is right, or better,

Just stop the idolatry.

Don't argue a record of a politician when that record is blank.
Oh he voted to an open war against terror with no end, BTW.

Just don't come f with me and mine when old man no don't get the nod of a system so far out of whack, I shouldn't even be wasting my time with this...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

" After hearing Ron Paul on Alex Jones today ...

my opinion is that there is no way he can win ...I am definitely backing Rick Perry from here on out ...

Paul's ideas and delivery are just too thin and lacking... "

DANGER WILL ROBINSON ! Political Troll ALERT ! The Friends Of DOCTOR SMITH are Targeting You Right Now , RUN !!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayiamu
After hearing Ron Paul on Alex Jones today ...

my opinion is that there is no way he can win ...I am definitely backing Rick Perry from here on out ...

Paul's ideas and delivery are just too thin and lacking...

So you support Rick Perry? Ill just leave this here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'd love to put my full trust in Ron Paul. His ideas are great really, and his words sound fantastic. His track record is relatively free of flip-flops and if I was to vote he'd definitely be the one to get it. I'm just going to hold out to see if he wins to form my opinions about him. If he loses then I feel I'll know that he's genuine because the guys up top don't want a puppet who isn't going to play ball. If he wins it'll be because it was supposed to happen, if you know what I mean. This Onion News Network skit pretty much sums up my opinion about presidential elections...

Oh and the reason John McCain won is because the skit was made a few months before the election.

My favorite part is when he says "This country is based on the fantasy that the government is the voice of the people, and going through the motions of voting, and keeping the king-makers dealing secret is central to our culture."

edit on 31-8-2011 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaiode1
If he loses then I feel I'll know that he's genuine because the guys up top don't want a puppet who isn't going to play ball. If he wins it'll be because it was supposed to happen, if you know what I mean.

If that's your perspective then....

RP has been saying the same thing for 30 years...... Lost the 1988 election and 2008 election with all the slandering they do to him, and they are trying to do now. So now is the time.
edit on 31-8-2011 by airjoker88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayiamu
its easy to get caught up in all of these conspiritorial thought paths ...

I, for one, am finally going to stop seeing a shadow behind every shadow and realize that it all breeds paranoia ..

Rick Perry is the most mainstream, believable candidate and I support him 100 percent...

Well perry is the best politician money can buy right now. And his past proves it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Ron Paul does not know his Constitution or recognize the fact that the Supreme Court is the Law of the Land.
The supreme court is NOT the law of the land. The Constitution is.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

Well my vote for Ron Paul will cancel yours then.

edit on 31-8-2011 by Deja`Vu because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2011 by Deja`Vu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
OP was thin and lacking, complete and utter fail in trying to convince anybody otherwise.

Nobody has anything concrete on Ron Paul that is why the worst thing you'll see is people labeling Ron Paul as a racist or illuminati when there is no definitive proof.

As for Rick Perry...LOL are you serious?!?!? Why? because he is governor of Texas? hmm, an establishment governor of a pre-conservative (by nature) state that is a smooth talkin Texan...I do believe we already went through 8 years of that and America completely regretted it.

You want 4 more years of the last 4 years and the 8 before that, sure, vote for Perry.

damn this is a joke right?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kaiode1

Your sig says a man chooses and a slave obeys so why don't you be a man and CHOOSE instead of being a slave that OBEYS.

Your entire post is more or less about how you don't know what to believe so you will wait for others to tell you what is the safe thing to do.

It is either you believe in Ron Paul or you don't, and if you really believe in him, you'll back him. Don't just root for the winner when they win the trophy (that is what we call bandwagoner), root because you love your team.

Nothing will ever get done if you're just waiting for others to tell you what to do, so be a man-do the right thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

er...I guess there was a point buried in there somewhere. I'm not sure If it is a conversation worth pursuing either, especially considering that you cannot even provide the correct number of representatives in the house (430 some odd?!) - much less present a cogent argument.

Good luck even finding the polling place or selecting the correct candidate.

edit on 31-8-2011 by Smack because: added "THE"

edit on 31-8-2011 by Smack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fadde46f2b89.png[/atsimg]

Because thats an accurate representation of him.

/facepalm

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
I'd rather not repeat another 4 years of a white Republican Obama.

Although he is not even slightly near to what Obama is...care to lay out how your statement holds ANY truth?

And might I ask a second question?

Who the else on this circus politicians is better? Honestly...be honest.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by JibbyJedi

I never said he wasn't the best choice on the ballot but I will debunk any lies I see people talking about him. He is not a Constitutionalist, he doesn't understand the Constitution beyond talking points and he has tried to pass legislation that was Unconstitutional.

Not major things I admit but he certainly isn't walking around with a halo over his head.

He's a start, Kro. Thats the biggest point.

Once people FULLY understand what he's bringing to the table, then and ONLY then can we start a change in the right direction. Reworking this current piece of # system that has been carefully created for us comes after realizing its true nature.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Your ideas and delivery in this thread are just too thin and lacking. Care to elaborate on what ideas you disagree with him on? One vague sentence is weak. Ron Paul basher fail.

LMAO....You read my mind, Tupac.

Coooolio avatar, dude...........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join