It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ELENIN giving off a strange RF signal?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hmm. So that signal could be anything. As usual, unconfirmed.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Phage, I commend you for asking for all the relevant details - and you're great about debunking most of the nonsense that appears on this site. But, what if there IS an RF signal emanating from this body? There has been someone who posted on another site prior knowledge of this anomaly. I must state here that the video does not show any kind of loop in the signal - so no repetitions indicating obvious technologies.

If it is true (and I'm not saying it is or it isn't either way) then the question we should be debating is:

IS THERE A NATURAL PROCESS THAT COULD PRODUCE SUCH AN RF SIGNAL FROM THIS KIND OF ORBITING BODY?

If there is, then someone please step up and explain in lay-man's terms what chemical reaction does this.

And if there isn't, then deductive reasoning posits something else. Maybe something incredible.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

I need only the original signal recording

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by psychoacoustic1

No. The first place to start is by validating the source. Where is the data? Where did it come from (USC does not have a radio telescope)? Who is "analyzing" it? Without that absolutely nothing can be ascertained about the "signal". What bands are represented?

Do you want to see what data from a radio telescope looks like?
www.cfa.harvard.edu...

Starviewer team. Say no more.

edit on 8/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by psychoacoustic1

Im not entirely sure if this is what you are meaning (pretty sure though lol)

Radio Waves

All sorts of stuff apparently emits these in some form and arrays help analyze them.

Perhaps im not seeing the significance in this whole thread....

edit on 30-8-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Perhaps the composition of the body is creating the signal as it breaks up and colides with its own pieces?
Some kind of piezeolectric effect from the break up?
The first op vid has the signal should be downloadable to your box there....???
It sort of sounds like it might make some kind of sense at some unknown speed of playback to my ear.....
Tho i cannot do that trick, maybe somebody could oscilate the speed knob up and down the scale and see what if any words may be formed?
Also i ask the experts, is there maybe some kind of plasma being formed from the particles of elenin and the origonal charge it had?
I assume that it would carry some residual charge perhaps?
What has become of elenins supposed companions which are accompanying it?
Could they or one of them be the source of the RF?
The signal is only pinpointed to near the comet as yet....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I'll withhold even listening to it until a source is verified. I dont need some subliminal advertising mp3 making me buy pepsi or something...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I'll help the doom and gloom folks out here.

Elenin is a bunch of space bubbles containing root elements sent towards Earth. Once they hit us, or our orbital path we will all die and ascend together.

There may be alien space ships providing refuge and/or long duration survival strategies in the wilderness.

I'm grabbing popcorn.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by borutp
reply to post by LaTouffe

I need only the original signal recording

If you find it can you u2u me with a link i also would like to have a go at the original recording....

also i thought this Spanish lot were just making stuff up as they go along like reading maps upside down picking distances and numbers out a hat... are we listening to them now?

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragsntatters
There was someone on here a week or so ago claiming to be an insider who went to Elenin or something ridiculous like that and said that ham radios should pick up a signal off Elenin and said that it would reveal a lot about it. Perhaps this is the signal he spoke of?

This is the "ham radio/Elenin" thread:

Something R-Frequency and E-Class this way comes!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by XplanetX

So. USC doesn't have a radio telescope? They don't operate a radio telescope?
So why assign the possibility of any credibility to a youtube video (with a starviewer team stamp) which makes such a claim?

Oh, the SETI connection. SETI's California array is shut down.
edit on 8/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

That's not entirely accurate:

Astronomy Institute To Reactivate Radio Telescope Project
By Jonathan Tam | Staff
[email protected]
Sunday, August 14, 2011 at 9:02 pm
Following successful fundraising efforts, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence Institute, an institute that previously partnered with UC Berkeley, will be able to begin to reactivate its array of 42 radio telescope dishes after the project was shut down in April due to a lack of funding.
www.dailycal.org...

And USC did team up with them. So the source was correct.
Next.
edit on 8/30/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: article title and byline

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I just cant help but think it is the aliens from The Fifth Element.

Not trying to be a d!c&, just adding a little levity to the situation.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

More levity:

But seriously, there could be something to it. I'll be watching this one.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Even more seriously:

I'm converting the youtube video to mp3. I will then run it through a plugin in Winamp that changes pitch and tempo. Let's see if there's a message in it.

I'll update on this soon. The video is in the process of converting as we speak.

ETA: Yes, I know the MP3 format is lossy. The video is lossy to begin with as well. Not much I can do about that.
edit on 8/30/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: ETA

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It's a no-go on the Mp3, yo.

I listened to it at various combinations of pitch and speed, but I can't make out anything intelligible.
If anyone else wants to try it then go to this site and enter the url for the video. It will convert it online and give you a download ink for a 128 bit rate MP3 to play with at your leisure.

The audio is interesting and reminiscent of the movie Contact.

ETA:

The Winamp plugin I used may be found here:
www.winamp.com...

Like someone wrote earlier: I'd like to hear the original recording...
edit on 8/30/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: ETA

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Interesting, I was just reading in another thread that a poster was saying for people to listen out for radio frequencies.

Its a bit of a bizarre coincidence. It was posted weeks ago. Its almost certainly a hoax but still.

"What effect does this elenin have on our earth, and what risks does it pose for us?
it won't have any effects on earth. But it may be of interest to ham radio operators ""

"hi guys. i just wanted to get the word out that you should start listening with your radios, point them towards elenin. you should start picking up a signal soon if not already. "

thechaniproject.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Do you believe that crap? Here's an excerpt.

Re. NexusEditor
I am In The US Navy Space Command And I Have Been To Elenin -- Ask Me A Q

Re. NexusEditor
Due to all the internet hype the Navy actually sent a recon mission to elenin. Let's just say it won't cause the excitement some think. But it may present a few surprises that no one expected.
I'll be here for about 20 minutes to answer questions and then I'm off. Just trying to be nice because I know there is a lot of buzz about it.

Q–How long does it take to get there?
Re. NexusEditor
From the moment the crew steps in the craft, preps, clears port, about 60 minutes. Actual travel time, about 20.

LOL! 20 minutes to travel to Elenin and 'poke around'. That's several million mph!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I guess they "poked around" a bit too roughly, and now they've gone and broken it!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

In addition to the link to the thread I already posted above, there was also another thread on ATS like you mentioned. It was something like:

In The US Navy Space Command And I Have Been To Elenin

Here's a link to that posters site:
projectavalon.net...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join