It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
amazing how believers require zero proof in any case claimed to be alien spaceships but want 100% proof of chinese lanterns

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
off topic

anyone know how to change a thread title? help please

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostfreak1
reply to post by Mclaneinc

6 pages in only a few hours... be prepared to see this lantern thread quickly reach 20-25 pages...

Btw I'm totally with you on this one.

Get that man a CIGAR

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I don't know if anyone also saw it or not..but was on weather.com, or it may have been CNN, I'm not sure..but in any case.....its a video of the hurricane from the space station. At one point, in one of the frames, something goes flying by it. Seriously. It looked small, it was fast. I chalked it up to space junk. But, just wondering if anyone else saw it? If I can find the video I'll post the link. What I found odd, that I remember, is that right before it, the camera work gets shaky...I think he was maybe just adjusting it in his hands.

Found it! its at the 4:53-56 mark. I keep rewinding it, to see if maybe its a reflection of something???? but I can't tell.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-8-2011 by Nkinga because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
amazing how believers require zero proof in any case claimed to be alien spaceships but want 100% proof of chinese lanterns

Very presumptuous of you to label me a 'believer'.

I think any claims that something is 'identified' requires proof- alien spaceship or chinese lantern- glad it made you laugh so hard though.......

edit on 29-8-2011 by Thunda because: grammar again!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

I'm open to alternative explanations if you have a better one?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The aliens are prevented from contacting us or interfering in our way of life..they can only watch.

HASN"T ANYONE HEARD OF THE PRIME DERECTIVE !!?????

The Prime Directive

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Exactly! (or Ed Zachary if you remember the joke)

I totally love it when these events get solved with a very logical explanation. I grab some popcorn cuz I know all sorts of tard is going to come flying out

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

yeah reminds of the iceland volcano ufos ( birds)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

YIKES that was a close call!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Well, they could be many things, but Im not the one claiming that these lights have been 'identified-Chinese Lanterns'. Now the skeptics/de-bunkers always scream for proof of any claim, even when the claim is only 'here are some unidentified lights in the sky'. But here we have a claim that these lights have been identified. Im mearly asking where that 'identification' took place. It must be pretty strong evidence in order to change the title of the thread, and I have tried to find which post put the whole thing to bed by trawling through the 20 pages, but I cant find it. Its a lot stronger claim than 'it is my opinion' or 'I think these are chinese lanterns', so the person claiming that must have some evidence to back that up- or is that an un-natural request?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

reply to post by TXRabbit

yeah reminds of the iceland volcano ufos ( birds)

Wow, missed that proof too- my my, I must be missing some really 'dope' info somewhere

Perhaps you could provide a link to where the Iceland volcano ufo's were proved to be birds? Or is that just another opinion?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

Kinda off topic, but here is the original video of the ufos over the volcano.

And here is the video, shot from a different angle, confirming a flock of birds. newsfornatives.com...

"Quack, quack. Ducks fly together."
edit on 29-8-2011 by Arrrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So once again it's Chinese lanterns.

Amazing how people wont believe such a commonplace recreational activity can be a realistic explanation!

I think people need to remember that the more often a specific explanation turns out to be correct the more credible it becomes and NOT the opposite.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I dont know why you "Skeptics" think this is such a victory because if we didnt know 100% these were Chinese lanterns we would still not know what this is. Its been Bunked no need to pour Salt On The Wound.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Good find. In fact, there are two. At 4.48 in the top left of the screen, it starts a bit to the left of where the second one disappears. It is small and fast, and if you move your eyes fast, you can follow it go down, and across the screen.

edit on 29/8/2011 by Themaninwhite because: Typo

edit on 29/8/2011 by Themaninwhite because: Typo

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I always love a good vid of an Unidentified Flying Object. Unfortunately this one is less than impressive in my book. The objects seen to rise slowly, seem to hit a maximum ceiling height and form a triangle briefly. Then they begin to disperse and fade away or "go into orbit" as was said on the vid.

I don't see any real intelligence or meaningful purpose associated with these lights other than rising above the city and just random patterns as if they are floating on currents of air.

I really wish I could support this find as something out of the ordinary.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by FlySolo

I could make 20-30 videos a week and you would believe they were UFO's.

I don't need a single one of your videos to believe in ufos thanks. I've seen them in person

I could use a crap camera, out of focus...zoom in using a digital zoom onto a plane in the dark and claim it was silent....and moved at tremendous speeds. Only i would know it was a plane....and 99% of the people on here would claim to have seen the same thing....and come with up with all kinds of bs to make it a ufo.

And where are you getting those statistics from? Did you do a poll or something? Maybe I didn't get the memo...
Do you think your bullsh!t 50's style ufo would pass on ATS as well? Statistics are statistics so you must be implying 99% of ATS users are stupid too.

Move along.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
reply to post by yeti101

Well, they could be many things, but Im not the one claiming that these lights have been 'identified-Chinese Lanterns'. Now the skeptics/de-bunkers always scream for proof of any claim, even when the claim is only 'here are some unidentified lights in the sky'. But here we have a claim that these lights have been identified. Im mearly asking where that 'identification' took place. It must be pretty strong evidence in order to change the title of the thread, and I have tried to find which post put the whole thing to bed by trawling through the 20 pages, but I cant find it. Its a lot stronger claim than 'it is my opinion' or 'I think these are chinese lanterns', so the person claiming that must have some evidence to back that up- or is that an un-natural request?

There isn't. Arrrr tried to tell me the evidence is there but it was only a concocted connection. Fictitious. They have not been identified.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join