It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Giant UFOs Scaling Project!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
A picture is always worth a thousand words, especially with reference to the size of an object. With Ufos on this scale you think that it would be more well publicized and noticed but with the priority of the media being the way it is you wouldn't know. Sightings of Ufos and global events such as earthquakes seem to be ramping up at the moment and pointing towards a time in the near future of some form of revelation, could be just hype spreading like a fever but only time will tell. Awesome thread though, mind blowing when things are put into scale

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Good thread mate.

Don't forget the largest of them all...the 'ringmakers' of Saturn are on photograph and are estimated to be 1000's of miles in size.

Then there are the planet sized (or planetoid sized) spheres being photographed close to our sun...they could be as large as a small planet or large moon. (sounds a bit Star Wars, but you get the idea)

Cheers
edit on 25/8/2011 by spikey because: added info

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by galah85
A picture is always worth a thousand words, especially with reference to the size of an object. With Ufos on this scale you think that it would be more well publicized and noticed but with the priority of the media being the way it is you wouldn't know. Sightings of Ufos and global events such as earthquakes seem to be ramping up at the moment and pointing towards a time in the near future of some form of revelation, could be just hype spreading like a fever but only time will tell. Awesome thread though, mind blowing when things are put into scale

Did you have to use the phrase 'of some form of revelation'

You'll bother the sheep / flock with biblical talk and then they'll have to spend their day crossing themselves every five minutes, and production will be way down.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Awesome thread. Some people have some wicked imaginations....

S&F

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

If we're comparing size of theoretical alien technology...even though it's slightly off-topic; what about the possible candidates for Dyson Spheres?

Using the Low Resolution Spectrometer yielded 17 ambiguous candidates of which four were slightly amusing but still ambiguous and questionable. The largest one sun bolometric distance in the 17 source sample is 118 pc. The 11000 source Calgary sample extended down to 1-2 Jy which would have given a maximum bolometric distance of 300 pc for LRS sources. This region includes something like a million stars.

home.fnal.gov...

Don't know what a Dyson sphere is?

A Dyson sphere is a hypothetical megastructure originally described by Freeman Dyson. Such a "sphere" would be a system of orbiting solar power satellites meant to completely encompass a star and capture most or all of its energy output.

Wiki link

Now that's big.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by Gwampo

Anyone who considers that idiotic webcam video of a bug to be some alien piloted craft, or a physical UFO needs their head examined. Plain and simple.

I looked, and I couldn't find the police and insurance reports of the THOUSANDS of windows that would have been broken by such an aerial maneuver....odd. And let's forget the thousand other common sense reasons why this video isn't what your deepest desires and religious like belief system make it out to be....but lets just ignore everything and jump to the least likely conclusion.....wait...stop....look over there!!! It's an image of the virgin mary in that tree bark....lol. But if I turn my brain off, and put on my tin foil hat, sure I guess this could be a real honest to goodness UFO worthy of terrifying those evil skeptics.....lol.

Please, sir you are not only insulting us but you are embarrassing yourself.

Get real bro. I feel bad for your I.Q if you think it's a bug.
Your statement alone of "reports of thousands of windows would have been broken". hahaha.. Wtf are you talking about man? This is not at all true, just like your claim of "thousand other common sense reasons". Yeah sure.. You can just tell from your post how much animosity you have towards the UFO subject and how much passion you probably have disproving, any chance you get.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Who knew giant alien ships would be so popular. Inspires the imagination and puts things into perspective huh?

Is an encore in the works??

Shhhh.....

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Interesting information,thanks OP.

Was hoping there would be real photo's of these craft or alleged craft to compare to as well.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
wow....zzzzzzzzzzzz

You started with the JAL flight, which has been fully explained.

You ended with the Pheonix lights, which were fully explained.

The only thing the OP exposed was his own gullability and willingness to through away all logic and intelligence.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatAliens

Wow.

What about the six incidents between those two "fully explained" ones? Were they fully explained? Or do the "full explanations" of the first and last somehow just "sandwich" those out of existence?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Another sci-fi speculation is that the objects are real and that size. In this scenario, maybe they can only be seen from one perspective and aren't really in the same space as us? Like walking past an open garage; you need to be in the right place to see what's parked up in there.

It's not Sci-Fi speculation.

Look up 'Metamaterials', and light bending/cloaking device. Although cloaking technology WAS Sci-Fi a little while ago, it isn't any longer.

And if humans can figure this stuff out in a few decades at our levels of know how and technology, it's a pretty safe bet ET (for want of a better moniker) have moved much further along the 'materials sciences' route than us...they have certainly moved beyond our present and rather limited comprehension of Physics and alternative energy sources / propulsion systems, as evidenced by radar tapes, and qualified sightings from professionals highlighted in this thread, who are trained to be familiar with Terrestrial craft and phenomena.

A good source of information on this subject, which features many of the cases mentioned in the OP, and features many high profile and professional folk giving testimony and relaying their encounters and experiences with these craft, is a documentary called 'I know what i saw (2009)'...google it, it's on YT in multipart format.

Much of what we think of as 'Sci-Fi' today, will be commonplace tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The only thing the OP exposed was his own gullability and willingness to through away all logic and intelligence.

Pretty rude comment, if i may say?

Especially as you yourself cannot spell 'gullibility' or 'throw'. (you see, highlighting our shortcomings benefits only those that seek to derail a thread, and doesn't get us anywhere productive..)

Why not explain how these famous cases you claim have been explained, were and by whom?

edit on 25/8/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

Nice take on the whole subject, and indirectly, an interesting look at our attitude towards anomalous - possibly mechanical (in our sense of the word) - flying objects.

It does seem almost ludicrous that these UFOs are real, nuts and bolts "ships". Taking the line that they are solid objects, their size, in comparison to our own level of technology, is impossible. But then again, how do we gauge the achievements of a species (or civilisation) we know nothing about?

Consider someone from the fourteenth century seeing an Airbus A380 in flight. Wouldn't that seem contrary to everything you knew about science and physics at the time?

And to speculate: What if they - the "pilots" of these behemoths - are actually colossal in stature? What if they are tiny, and these ships are actually their planets? Smart, sentient, spacefaring bacteria anyone?

Star for you Beamish.

Perfect reasoning.

In an infinite Universe (Multiple Universes even), there will be an infinite variety of life.
Life will be exactly the same, similar, somewhat similar, different, very different and so different as to be unrecognisable as life, and all of the minute variations in between, including size or stature, shape, composition...everything.

As to the question of the practicality of manoeuvring a craft a few miles or even larger sizes in Earth's atmosphere using the technology they appear to be using, (gravity shielding, energy shielding and such) there will be no atmospheric (or water resistance in the case of USO's) resistance or attraction of gravity to worry about, so size would not be an issue in those respects (as you point out).

I realise we only have our own experience and humanity's history and comprehension of technology to draw upon, but folks really need to open their minds a little and see the obvious here, which is these craft are in advance of what we ourselves have technologically achieved in recorded history, exactly how far in advance of our present technology is debatable, but we should bear this recorded fact in mind when making judgements about feasibility of a huge craft entering or being able to manoeuvre in our vicinity.

These have recorded many times on radar, on official film and photographic sources, and millions of genuine public images and films.

I say genuine films and images as opposed to those made by idiots (extreme right wing religious and common variety) as deliberate hoaxes and officially sanctioned frauds for 'plausible deniability' purposes and disinformation campaigns, and military testing their experimental craft, although i can say with some certainty IF even some of these craft displaying characteristics and physics that have been observed and recorded ARE of Earth military origin, then Oil and other fossil fuels, Global warming, cap and trade, and every other energy related issue facing our planet, including dangers from asteroids and comets etc...are a complete and total sham. I doubt a 30,000kph military craft coming to a dead stop and doing right angled turns at those kinds of speeds would run on aviation fossil fuel or batteries!

So either way, we're being lied to on an epic scale, and it NEEDS to stop now.

If i we're in authority, i would gladly offer an amnesty to all those involved in the con over the years, for whatever reason or direction their involvement took...the exchange would be a good one. They're getting away with it as it is, so what would the majority of us lose in such a deal? Revenge?

Fair trade i say...end the secrecy now.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Now that's big.

Indeed it is Beamish!

I was always fascinated with the idea of a civilisation capable of engineering something on the scale of a Dyson Sphere.

The theory went (when i was a kid) was that an extremely advanced civilisation (now known as type 2 civilisation i believe?) might engineer such as structure, using all the raw materials of their home system to build an encompassing and enclosed spherical 'shell' around their system's star and basically, take it with them on their travels around the galaxy.

They'd basically break apart all the planets and moons, asteroids and comets and extract materials to build the sphere or shell, around their star, and then build an enormous habitat on the interior surface which would derive it's energy requirements from the star in the centre.

Perhaps we are seeing something similar to Dyson sphere's in orbit around our sun, or the early stages of construction of one, perhaps the process of extracting the raw materials of our system in order to build such a solar system sized habitat, is underway as in 'the ringmakers of Saturn'. Maybe they're not ringmakers at all..perhaps they are ringtakers instead. Jupiter has lost it's great spot and a lot of it's banding too...perhaps they are mining raw materials there too.

Interesting thought, cheers for reminding me of the DS's.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAliens

You started with the JAL flight, which has been fully explained.

You ended with the Pheonix lights, which were fully explained.

You made me very curious.
What are according to your logic and intelligence the explanations for the JAL flight and the Phoenix lights then?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

5000 F&S from me if if were even possible~!! Thx you Scramjet76~~~~~!!! Now, here's what I've noticed.

146 Flags
124 stars

and only 5 pages of replies..........

I think you've DEFINITELY made your point.. pictures say what words fail to. ATS is speechless!!!!

Now, here's a question I've have always asked myself, where on Earth, or even under it, could these even be built?~!!!
Looking at the size JUST for the manufacturing plants to make an Aircraft Carrier, the production facility MUST be Bigger than what is being built. I've worked for Gunderson and the buildings just to make 1 box car is immense due to the spar that runs thru the middle of the car ( 30ft I-Beam)

I have a friend that personally SAW one of these, he said.. it HAD to be at LEAST 1 mile in length and width.

ATS.. you have a challenge before now, could a craft of this size actually even be built on or under the earth.....?? A craft 5 miles WIDE..........

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Hmmmm......makes me wonder if there could also be microscopic UFO's. I mean using stealth gear is one thing, but good luck getting a ship the size of an amoeba on film.

All things are possible, the credo of a person with an open mind.

I think it's all circular, as everything in the universe eventually reveals itself to be.

Originally posted by Komodo
I have a friend that personally SAW one of these, he said.. it HAD to be at LEAST 1 mile in length and width.

ATS.. you have a challenge before now, could a craft of this size actually even be built on or under the earth.....?? A craft 5 miles WIDE..........

We might build a very standard spacecraft with a big NASA logo on it meant for human earthlings to travel around in.

But if we took that craft to a very small planet or moon, only to find it inhabited by some form of intelligent life, suddenly our space ship would seem massive too.

Maybe these ships aren't massive for the surroundings and peoples they are built by.

My feeling is that these types of crafts are not of this Earth.
edit on 8/25/2011 by DieBravely because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
whoops sorry
edit on 8/25/2011 by DieBravely because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

It's your opinion I guess.

I don't feel like either case has been explained. In the phoenix lights case the former governor even said it "felt otherworldly."

My coworker saw it and he said it wasnt flares. (and he doesn't even believe in aliens!!)

Thanks for the comment though.

Thanks everyone for your nice words

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Gee. You're mental health issues are nothing compared to facts,

Get a life mate/lass.

being stupid is normal, I'm afraid.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join