It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Leader Accuses Obama of Fostering Class Warfare

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Go looks for Commies under another bed...but while you're at it consider that capitalism fell at the same time as communism. The only difference is that those in the west had better credit, so it took longer to feel it. Stick up for those mega corporations all you want...it's useful.

Another Anti-U.S. post from nanook of the north.

"capitalism fell at the same time as communism", what a load of crap. With winter coming on, you must already have too much time on your hands to think and fantasize. You seem to like to hang with the libs, so your unsolicited advice to the U.S. would be to carry on as before? Keep borrowing to finance the dream of a "nanny state"? And past efforts to destroy the "upper class" in russia and other countries was a huge failure in the end. You think we should just kill them all now like they did in the past?

You mean the "mega corporations" that make it possible for you to post your anti-U.S. BS on the web whenever you want? Without them, your only talking companions (or more) up there in the north woods would likely be a moose or an elk.

Your post - thanks, as always, for the chuckle.

edit on 8/25/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obamas2ndTerm
reply to post by jibeho

Corporations and those "Fat Cats" on wall street and your "job creators" (biggest line of bull dung I have ever heard in my life, "job creators", do you know what a job creator is? A business or person that creates jobs!)

Please spare me the crocodile tears for the poor unfortunate corporations. What, are we supposed to lower taxes on corporations like GE? What's the number lower than 0? Because with all the loopholes they get and tax breaks they pay no taxes, and do you think that GE is the ONLY company to pay a fat goose egg in taxes? I don't think so.

In my opinion we need to raise taxes on these companies, that will force them to do something called business in order to make money again, and maybe, just maybe, if they have to hire a bunch of people to handle the work load of all the business they have to do in order to make the same amount of money they do now, then this economy will turn around. Hell, if it were up to me I would slap a massive tariff on goods imported into the US by companies. Make it so damn expensive to import instead of manufacture the stuff here.

Defending the people that spit on you on a daily basis is just not a smart move. These people sure as hell don't give a rats ass about you. You can defend the rich all you want, they ain't gonna reward you for your loyalty to them.

Classic talking points memo response. I can certainly tell you who does not create jobs, create wealth or create success. The government. So, go ahead and tax the companies to death. Soon they will all follow the lead of GE and move corporate head quarters to China and beyond while laying off countless scores of people in the US at the same time. $2 billion invested in China from Obama's Jobs Czar Immelt.
Classic.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The problem with all this crap is that only those that are well informed on the dealings of our whores in congress can differentiate between crap and reality.

Yes, Republicraps in government are great at supporting the wealthy class at the expenses of the tax payer working class, but right now I have lost track of what the Demorats are for this days, All I know is that they have been perpetuating what the Replicraps have done since Bush regime with not problem at all.

I guess both parties just love their pimps in the wealthy classes where most of them belong to begin with.

edit on 25-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

You somehow left out the word "proletariat" from your post.

Otherwise it would sound exactly like a quote from the communist manifesto.

Here we have a person dedicated to obama's second term also advocating tearing this country apart even more than it already is.

Guilt by association is what I see.

Did somebody say the word "communist?"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00880f442e11.gif[/atsimg]

Seriously, I don't think you've actually read the "Communist Manifesto" or "Das Capital" either. Granted, the second book is a long and challenging read. I don't recommend it as light bedtime reading.

I'm a little surprised that you didn't compare Obama and the left to Nazis and Adolph Hitler as well. People here on ATS are always doing that.

Both maneuvers are called "ad hominem" attacks. In other words, you attack the person as an individual rather than engaging him or her on their ideas. This move is considered invalid in formal debating.

Books are only ideas. I have personally read some "dangerous" books that I was told would cause me to become a bomb-throwing anarchist if I read them. So far that hasn't happened. I just like to understand better what makes people tick.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Sestias because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Go looks for Commies under another bed...but while you're at it consider that capitalism fell at the same time as communism. The only difference is that those in the west had better credit, so it took longer to feel it. Stick up for those mega corporations all you want...it's useful.

Another Anti-U.S. post from nanook of the north.

Well, no. I'm not at all anti-US. What I am against is the looting of the middle class by the rich...a phenomenon we face here too as our economies are so very linked. Mind you, we don't have your banking problems because up here in the Great Pink North, the perpetrators who robbed you blind, would be in jail where they belong.

"capitalism fell at the same time as communism", what a load of crap. With winter coming on, you must already have too much time on your hands to think and fantasize.

Is it capitalism when all your industry goes overseas? I can't help but notice that you say more about my place of birth than my comments on the economy. Not much of a rebuttal.

You seem to like to hang with the libs, so your unsolicited advice to the U.S. would be to carry on as before? Keep borrowing to finance the dream of a "nanny state"? And past efforts to destroy the "upper class" in russia and other countries was a huge failure in the end. You think we should just kill them all now like they did in the past?

No, I think that for starters you ought to rein in your banking system, make sure everyone pays their fair share of taxes (corporate and otherwise), and use tariffs to bring the industry back home. Oh, and maybe cut back on a war or two. How about going back to the North American manufacturing sector...like the auto pact did for decades? You can look for commies all you want, but it's the Globalists that are throwing your people out of their jobs and homes. Really...all I need to say is "Howze that system of yours working so far? Those Bush years treated you so well?"

You mean the "mega corporations" that make it possible for you to post your anti-U.S. BS on the web whenever you want? Without them, your only talking companions (or more) up there in the north woods would likely be a moose or an elk.

Sorry you equate my anti-corporate stance with being anti American...but I think that says more about you than it does about me. And finally...if you don't want an international response to your post...then I suggest you don't use an international forum.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Please don't forget the marginalization of the middle class by the elite democrats and the big labor unions. They need the votes and the forced dues to spend on recall elections, and the upcoming 2012 election. Sorry to say but they are the worst offenders. Big labor spent $2.2 billion in campaign donations in the 2008 and 2010 elections. More than all major interest groups combined. There's the real travesty and manipulation of the middle class. They have a lot to lose. Just look at Wisconsin.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Please don't forget the marginalization of the middle class by the elite democrats and the big labor unions. They need the votes and the forced dues to spend on recall elections, and the upcoming 2012 election. Sorry to say but they are the worst offenders. Big labor spent $2.2 billion in campaign donations in the 2008 and 2010 elections. More than all major interest groups combined. There's the real travesty and manipulation of the middle class. They have a lot to lose. Just look at Wisconsin.

Sorry...to my experience, Big Labour for all its flaws (as Big anything has) comes a lot closer to defending the interests of the working guy than any form of right-wing government or corporate interests (assuming a difference). I have firsthand knowledge as a Chief Steward of how management is capable of screwing its employees...with or without a collective agreement. Never forget, no employer gets a unionised workforce that doesn't richly deserve it. It's when you kill the half union jobs and use that tension to pit worker against worker, management cleans up...and never to the betterment of the average Joe.

Sorry...wrong argument to use on me.

My best example of this Globalist corrosion? 10 years ago you could land a pair of Nikes in Vancouver for $9...all in. They sold for $120 retail. Apart from the standard margins...where'd the rest go? That's the enemy.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You are absolutely correct, government does not create jobs. I will not argue with that there.

But yes, tax the holy living # out of these multinational corporations. Tax them till it's cheaper to manufacture products here in the US.

Why? Because they ship jobs out overseas, manufacture products in other countries and then import those products here. If we levy a hefty tariff on those products to the point that it would be cheaper to build things here in the US again, then you would see jobs come back into the US. Why? Because businesses will still do business.

These tax cuts have done absolutely nothing to spur job growth. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Why have unpaid for tax cuts on these guys when they don't do what they said they were going to do? These companies said that they were afraid of hiring people because they were waiting for the Bush tax cuts to be renewed, they were renewed, and what did we get in return?

SQUAT!
edit on 8/25/2011 by Obamas2ndTerm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obamas2ndTerm
reply to post by jibeho

You are absolutely correct, government does not create jobs. I will not argue with that there.

I beg to differ. My father was a civil service employee all of his career. Our neighborhood in the suburbs of D.C. was full of government workers. I'm talking about federal employees here, but you can't disregard the thousands of people who work for state and county governments either.

Just one example: almost all of our infrastructure has been built by people employed by the government. I haven't seen any millionaires out building highways all by themselves. The government often awards contracts to private firms, but it is the government that ultimately pays their salaries.

There are millions of government workers, especially if you include county and state employees. If you were to fire them all the country would spiral down into another disastrous recession/depression.

It is perhaps pleasant to imagine that a country as big and diverse as the United State could function with a handful of employees, but that is a total fantasy. Never going to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join