It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

It just says index and llinks to another link back to itself.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JourPolaire
reply to post by johnwilkesbooth

I'm virus hunting like a maniac right now... there were a few times during the code links (when they started coming in really fast) that my tab with ATS on it disappeared... at first I figured I had just accidentally closed it and not realized (because I had so many tabs open) but, honestly, ATS was a standout... all the other tabs were named 'projectpixels' so I can't see myself closing ATS.

Anyways, I hope it was just a misunderstanding or an accident and nothing malicious, because I was honestly having a lot of fun with this.

Okay, that is a little a disturbing because the same thing happened to me and I thought maybe I accidentally closed it even thought I was 99% sure I didn't.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
On clicking on the babylon link from a previous link it threw up a weird website name www.sedoparking.com

dont believe I have came across this in previous links.
A linky to the link I clicked

www.abovetopsecret.com...

its the first link from TallWhiteHuman

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This reminds of me of a game I once created years a go on a basic computer before all the fancy scripting. The main character or narrator if you will spoke in riddles and based upon those riddles you would have clues to peice together a message to take you to the next step. I had images and linked everything. That is why I kept mentioning game references.
I think of this as a game with a serious message or lesson to be taught. Thats how I designed my games or wrote my stories. Whoever is doing this is pretty creative. I think I would have thrown a few other more profound clues but hey thats just me.
edit on 26-8-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnwilkesbooth
Is the entire site down for anyone else?

What link are you using?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Yeah, I have looping Indexes as well.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lolly89

i've been watching this site for some time now and its fairly clear though puzzling its not meant to be about the puzzles. each time you find something it points to the same thing, at least in a way. add the fact that they are being hacked to the point even the 404 page is gone and well, my gut tells me i'm not wrong yet.

ed: the directory has content now >_> weird.
edit on 26/8/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

ed: its ALL the codes from earlyer.
edit on 26/8/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Did anyone do an update in their signature as one member ( sorry don't remember who[but thank you] way back in the first 50 pages suggested? As i would love to see it. It is very time consuming to read so many pages of posts that (|sorry seem to me to be getting no where) I am almost wondering if this is to distract us from something very important going on right now.

A i am sure everyone involved in this thread knows it takes a long tome to catch up on 12 to 20 pages of posts between work and family.

A link would be greatly appreciated if some one has it all recapped.
I have been following this thread since the Beginning but now I am finding no time. As it seems to be going nowhere far and fast.

edit on 26-8-2011 by lightmere because: forgot to mention the last tim ei chcked this thead was about 11 am eastern time canada

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Yikes, so it wasn't just me... I really don't remember closing the ATS tab once, let alone several times... not to mention, I don't believe I closed ANY tabs that entire time

You should go hunting for viruses too, my friend... just in case... better safe than sorry!

I haven't found anything yet, but I'm nowhere near done... I plan to go deeper than I have ever gone before!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lightmere

Try this. I'm afraid you still have some reading to do after that.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
regarding the browser hack, it seams whoever did it used an exploit in firefox, at least I assume, if it effected google chrome aswell my theory is null and void.

I too am running full scans, multiple full scans..

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
he last line of text has changed a bit:

I promise to you, I will SHOW you soon, you have worked ever so hard to get on this on your own. It will not disappoint.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

My ATS mail center page was just hacked...
I went there and got a flashing pixel page.

I'm weary of these stupid psyop games.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
regarding the browser hack, it seams whoever did it used an exploit in firefox, at least I assume, if it effected google chrome aswell my theory is null and void.

Is there no such thing as a safe browser? I just switched to FireFox...should I go back to IE8??

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ivanova

Are you speaking of our "messages" page? I just checked mine and all is well.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Now this really makes me worry that I had the virus from this.
I did a full scan and nothing but so far no further evidence of a virus.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
checked but mine was not effected, ivanova I replied to your mail.

still checking my virus scanners, bear with me.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

I'm on Chrome and it did it to me too. So i believe it's null and void.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TNTarheel

Originally posted by Ivanova

Are you speaking of our "messages" page? I just checked mine and all is well.

Now that was an interesting response.

Is this not ATS ?

Is this a pirate site ?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname

I'm using Google Chrome and experienced the tab closure and other odd "hack" symptoms that other users did. I'm a tab hoarder and don't ever close tabs until I'm done for the night. I have 12gb of ram so it doesn't matter if I have hundreds of tabs left open in multiple windows, I always want to be able to reference previous thought trains I was on. I purposely kept this ATS thread open in my first instance of chrome in the first tab slot to easily come back to it and it randomly was closed, freaky to see someone else experienced it too. I ran nod32 among other virus scanner and ran malware bytes but maybe the people involved are a lot more advanced than I concluded previously in which case they could have done some clever things that weren't actually caused by viruses but cross site scripting that made things happen which seemed like a virus...or I'm just paranoid.

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join