It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't forget Nietzsche.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
'Where has God gone?' he cried. 'I shall tell you. We have killed him - you and I. We are all his murderers. But how have we done this? How were we able to drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What did we do when we unchained this earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving now? Away from all suns? Are we not perpetually falling? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there any up or down left? Are we not straying as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is more and more night not coming on all the time? Must not lanterns be lit in the morning? Do we not hear anything yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying God? Do we not smell anything yet of God's decomposition? - gods too decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we, the murderers of all murderers, console ourselves? That which was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet possessed has bled to death under our knives - who will wipe this blood off us? With what water could we purify ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must not we ourselves become gods simply to seem worthy of it? There has never been a greater deed - and whoever shall be born after us, for the sake of this deed he shall be part of a higher history than all history hitherto.'

This brilliant man would have you believe that you can become your OWN god??

How does that sound to you superstitious Judeo Christians out there??

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OldRepublic22

I just asked God about it and he said that Nietzsche is dead and we need to just fogettaboutit.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusLives

Really??

Ask him if we should forget about the Apostles as well.

And that feller on the cross, what of him??

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
We are God's all of us! The petty mind has taken over and we have forgotten. We have to remember, to awaken too our true being. The anti-Christ is the petty mind (thought's), it is the false God trying to lord it over all of us.We are not our thought's, we are the observer, pure consciousness. Be still and recall your true being, don't let your thought's interfere, after all where have out thought's taken us too? War, Famine, Disease, Greed...........Everything bad and wrong, you name it, the mind done it! The little Fu*ker.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldRepublic22
reply to post by fooks

You call him an idiot, and then post something that clearly shows your lack of intelligence??

That an idiot if you ask me.

Go bugger yourself.

ya ok, nitche was the last word on everything, right?

trumps your bs, you know anything else?

nitche was an idiot.

where has this giant among men persevered?

i am giving you so much wigggle room!

commie chump.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
He was not talking about merely the death of God, but of society in the future. He was right but the secularists still don't fully grasp his point. His supermen are people who create new virtues and new values and enforce the hell out of them onto others. This will come as post-modernists reach the inevitable conclusion that right and wrong are arbitrary, and it's only the most powerful who are the most moral.
edit on 20-8-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
sorry if you can't understand what i said

it's the whole german experience.

since 1890!!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I think he was talking more about how society needed a God before, but no longer needed one, they just didn't realize it yet... not because any one individual was God...or that God was really dead... just that society was advancing beyond the constraints of religious hold.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
and it's only the most powerful who are the most moral.

Haha and you're on a conspiracy forum believing that??

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Friedrick Nietzsche was wrong when he said "God is dead", for God has never existed.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ztruthseeker

Your then saying mankind never existed.

Good post OP.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

We are we understand that we are gods, like jesus said in a gospel, that was not put in in the bible. Once we understand that we are extention of the source, the ONE, we will be just fine. society, religions, make people monsters. We are born perfect, but the world makes people forget where we come from and who we really are.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Nietzsche perverted Dostoevsky's writings.
Don't forget Dostoevsky. Forget Nietzsche.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ztruthseeker

If i tell you that wind doesn't exist either..would you believe me? You dont see the wind, but you feel it right?
So who are YOU to say that god doesn't exist?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
you grow up in the 60's?

that's where he lives.

you want to bring back a looser?

or y'all just talkin' academically, which has no bearing on anything real.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

tunnel vision, how typical.. i am sorry for you.
History always have repeated it self.
Look behind the curtains, if you are able.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ztruthseeker
Friedrick Nietzsche was wrong when he said "God is dead", for God has never existed.

Actually I am pretty sure this philosopher didn't believe in God to begin with either and this little story was not meant to be taken so literally

top topics

<<   2 >>

join