It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the scales fell from their eyes: Recognizing the failure of the "Affirmative Action President"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Around the world and across America, people of all stations and walks of life are coming to realize that something has gone terribly wrong with their expectations for the “Hope and Change” of Barack Obama.

Although criticism from the right was to be expected, who would’ve guessed that only 30 months into his term as the 44th president, Barack Obama would be taking hits from Washington Post liberals, New York Times commenters and Harvard intellectuals?

You would’ve been declared insane if you’d asserted that Jesse Jackson, Maxine Waters and the Congressional Black Caucus would be outspoken in their criticism of the first black president; or that Black leaders Tavis Smiley and Cornell West would be leading their own cross-country tour openly challenging his policies.

As it would have been described in ancient prose, and as many modern Americans would’ve predicted, “the scales fell from their eyes, and they could now see.”

What is it that so many were once blinded to, but can now see?

That a student with poor grades, a man with no professional accomplishments, and a politician with no significant legislation is not qualified to be President of the United States solely because of his race.
That Barack Hussein Obama is failing as the first Affirmative Action president.

Dana Milbank, uber liberal political correspondent for the Washington Post made the striking observation last week, that:

The most powerful man in the world seems strangely powerless, and irresolute, as larger forces bring down the country and his presidency.

The most powerful man on Earth?

This wasn’t just some off-the cuff observation. Milbank described in detail Obama’s recent performance in the run-up to and aftermath of the S&P downgrade:

The economy crawls, the credit rating falls, the markets plunge, and a helicopter packed with U.S. special forces goes down in Afghanistan. Two thirds of Americans say the country is on the wrong track (and that was before the market swooned), Obama’s approval rating is 43 percent, and activists on his own side are calling him weak.

Yet Obama plods along, raising gobs of cash for his reelection bid and varying little the words he reads from the teleprompter. He seemed detached even from those words Monday as he pivoted his head from side to side, proclaiming that “our problems is not confidence in our credit” and turning his bipartisan fiscal commission into a “biparticle.”

Biparticle? What would the liberal MSM have done if a GOP or TeaParty candidate had said that at a fundraiser? Of course, that was never reported about BHO, formerly, “the One.”

One of Milbanks cohorts at WaPo, Richard Cohen, bemoans the fact that:

Obama … is the very personification of cognitive dissonance — the gap between what we (especially liberals) expected of the first serious African American presidential candidate and the man he in fact is.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Never mind that John McCain mocked Obama for "leading from behind."
Jesse Jackson also criticized him:

"The Republicans feel they can keep pushing and he will keep giving," he said. "They have not seen a stiff resistance on his part."

www.spiegel.de...

Harvard economist Kenneth Rogoff criticized Obama's concessions in the debt-ceiling wrangle.

"He was holding all the cards and he was still stared down by the Tea Party."
"He got gamed into making giant concessions, and this has weakened the presidency."

www.spiegel.de...

And the loss of leadership is felt around the world, as Obama sycophant E. J. Dionne sadly notes:

Can America still lead? Millions of people around the world had hoped in vain that Obama would restore the United States to a position of responsible global leadership. America's friends overseas … worry now about how strong Obama is, whether he will draw lines and if he can seize back the initiative."

So, how did we get to this point? What realization has come that has saddened, disappointed and enraged Obama’s staunchest allies and supporters?

That Obama was totally unqualified to serve in the capacity to which to was elected!

Years from now, historians may regard the 2008 election of Barack Obama as an inscrutable and disturbing phenomenon, a baffling breed of mass hysteria akin perhaps to the witch craze of the Middle Ages. How, they will wonder, did a man so devoid of professional accomplishment beguile so many into thinking he could manage the world's largest economy, direct the world's most powerful military, execute the world's most consequential job?
Imagine a future historian examining Obama's pre-presidential life: ushered into and through the Ivy League despite unremarkable grades and test scores along the way; a cushy non-job as a "community organizer"; a brief career as a state legislator devoid of legislative achievement (and in fact nearly devoid of his attention, so often did he vote "present"); and finally an unaccomplished single term in United States Senate, the entirety of which was devoted to his presidential ambitions. He left no academic legacy in academia, authored no signature legislation as legislator.
And then there is the matter of his troubling associations: the white-hating, America-loathing preacher who for decades served as Obama's "spiritual mentor"; a real-life, actual terrorist who served as Obama's colleague and political sponsor. It is easy to imagine a future historian looking at it all and asking: how on Earth was such a man elected president?

Obama: The Affirmative ActionPresident

So, if all that is true, how did Barack Obama get elected?

To be sure, no white candidate who had close associations with an outspoken hater of America like Jeremiah Wright and an unrepentant terrorist like Bill Ayers would have lasted a single day. But because Mr. Obama was black, and therefore entitled in the eyes of liberaldom to have hung out with protesters against various American injustices, even if they were a bit extreme, he was given a pass.

What happened to Obama? Nothing.

But wait! There may be another explanation, as offered by Norman Podhoretz:

"What Happened to Obama?" is that nothing happened to him. He is still the same anti-American leftist he was before becoming our president, and it is this rather than inexperience or incompetence or weakness or stupidity that accounts for the richly deserved failure both at home and abroad of the policies stemming from that reprehensible cast of mind.

online.wsj.com...

jw
edit on 18-8-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

And what does a man who is not qualified do when he fails or cannot get what he has been led to believe he has earned or deserves?

Here's what Milbamk has to say:

He reminded all that the situation isn’t his fault (the need for deficit reduction “was true the day I took office”), he blamed the other side (“we knew . . . a debate where the threat of default was used as a bargaining chip could do enormous damage to our economy”) and he revisited the same proposals he had previously offered to little effect: extending unemployment benefits and the payroll tax cut, and spending more on infrastructure projects.

As for leadership and action, when you don't know what to do, and are genrally unsure?

This, he said, is “something we can do as soon as Congress gets back,” along with further deficit reduction. “I intend to present my own recommendations over the coming weeks,” he said.
Over the coming weeks? As soon as Congress gets back?

Various reporters tried to elicit more information about Obama’s economic plans and deficit-reduction proposals, but Carney declined again to take the lead.
“I don’t want to get too far ahead of the process,” he explained to the Wall Street Journal’s Laura Meckler, adding that Obama “will be contributing to that process, not driving it or directing it.”
“Why?” inquired Politico’s Glenn Thrush. “He’s the leader of the free world. Why isn’t he leading this process?”

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Yep Obama will go down in the history books as nothing more than the first black president. If his health care doesn't become dismantled he will get a mention for that but that's basically about it.

Of course if he wins another term he might do something more notable but right now he's looking pretty pitiful.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Of course if he wins another term he might do something more notable but right now he's looking pretty pitiful.

Notable or Notorious? Oh please don't mention another term possibility. The markets already have a major problem at the moment...that's scary talk!

edit on 19-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Sadly, Obama will be remembered as another Jimmy Carter, as a failure of a President.How many promises has Obama actually kept? I did not vote for Obama, yet I take no pleasure in having my prediction of failure coming to pass. The man is nothing without a teleprompter, he dithers and defers any decision. He prefaces every proposal with the reminder of the poor hand he was dealt... He was handed a poor situation, but his lack of leadership is undeniable. Most republicans will admit that Bush was a poor president, yet Democrats refuse to come to terms with the failure of Obama. He began his term by apologizing to other countries. Will he end it by apologizing to us?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

If he doesn't, I see an extreme reaction from the far-left and his base. He is more of an icon for them than a leader, since he's actually incapable of serving their true interests.

If he wins,he will complete the "transformation" Podhoretz describes and which I am convinced is his true agenda.

jw

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

[quote]The markets already have a major problem at the moment...that's scary talk!

Funny you should notice.

Many of the disappointed supporters noted how Obama hesitated almost 3 hours before the ealier-scheduled speech
finally came around; and when it did, the markets dropped like a rock AS HE SPOKE!

This, after he waited a full 3 days to address the S&P debacle.

Even Xinhua, the China daily, excoriated us for our lack of world leadership! ????

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

[quote]The markets already have a major problem at the moment...that's scary talk!

Funny you should notice.

Many of the disappointed supporters noted how Obama hesitated almost 3 hours before the ealier-scheduled speech
finally came around; and when it did, the markets dropped like a rock AS HE SPOKE!

This, after he waited a full 3 days to address the S&P debacle.

Even Xinhua, the China daily, excoriated us for our lack of world leadership! ????

Oh I agree. My msg was short and a bit offhanded but I only wish I could say I meant to be funny. It's tragic. In watching your main focus here in how his own party and base are reacting, I'm starting to wonder if we'll hear the big 'R' word (Resign) and if we do, I'll give odds it's from someone who previously supported him. They are the ones really in shock from disillusionment. Conservatives like me are disgusted but not shocked or surprised by this parade of mistakes.

I am becoming more than a bit worried about the international aspect, as you point out. Domestic problems can be fixed. Eventually, this too shall pass and we'll reform what has been ruined...somehow.
The international problems however, can't be fixed if they keep going so badly. How do you 'undo' the hardships of a country that has been through recent war?

Oh..and I hope Biden drinks... Keep him sauced and happy. Just floating in a sea of booze. Perhaps he won't say something over the top stupid in China and get us into World War III before he gets back.

edit on 19-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The "affirmative action" President?

And 6 flags?

Never has blatant racism been allowed to run amok on ATS than it is doing right at this moment.

edit on 21-8-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
Around the world and across America, people of all stations and walks of life are coming to realize that something has gone terribly wrong with their expectations for the “Hope and Change” of Barack Obama.

Although criticism from the right was to be expected, who would’ve guessed that only 30 months into his term as the 44th president, Barack Obama would be taking hits from Washington Post liberals, New York Times commenters and Harvard intellectuals?

I think someone has never read the Washington Post, new York Times, or listened to an average "Harvard intellectual." Basically these are just dog whistles meant to perk the ears of morons who have been trained to believe these are "bastions of liberalness." Yeah, morons.

To answer the question though; anyone who's ever paid attention to anything, ever. The president is receiving criticism? Why, that's just unheard of, ever!

You would’ve been declared insane if you’d asserted that Jesse Jackson, Maxine Waters and the Congressional Black Caucus would be outspoken in their criticism of the first black president; or that Black leaders Tavis Smiley and Cornell West would be leading their own cross-country tour openly challenging his policies.

Not if you'd been paying attention to these folks through his campaign and administration. See, you've clearly not done so, instead operating on the assumption that "He's black so they love him unquestioningly!" - that's not the case. It's never been the case. Black political groups have been first in line to grab Obama by hte ears and yank him around from the moment he started campaigning.

As it would have been described in ancient prose, and as many modern Americans would’ve predicted, “the scales fell from their eyes, and they could now see.”

What is it that so many were once blinded to, but can now see?

Having scales on one's eyes implies the ignorance of the person bearing those scales in the first place. And you know what, a lot of Americans were very terribly uninformed about Obama. He wasn't hiding anything, rather, so many of my fellow Americans and Democrats chose to make wild assumptions that were never actually reflected in Obama's platform. I'm still stunned that there were Democrats who campaigned for hte guy... and are surprised that he didn't push universal health care and expanded the war in Afghanistan. Learn the platform of your candidates, morons.

That a student with poor grades, a man with no professional accomplishments, and a politician with no significant legislation is not qualified to be President of the United States solely because of his race.
That Barack Hussein Obama is failing as the first Affirmative Action president.

You realize that this more accurately describes the 43 presidents before him, don't you? 'Cause, well... name a genius president (Wilson, maybe. The rest were all mediocre.) Now name a president who pushed magnificent legislation... Kennedy, maybe? I doubt that, his dad was better at that. Now, the racial component... You're aware that the majority of our nations' presidents came into the position in periods of hour history where a black person could be shot for any reason and there would be no charge of murder, right? You're aware that Obama faced - and still faces - opposition based on his skin color, don't you?

If he'd been white, he would have swept the board like Reagan in '84 (and if Reagan had been black, he would have lost like Mondale in '84
)

Dana Milbank, uber liberal political correspondent for the Washington Post made the striking observation last week, that:

The most powerful man in the world seems strangely powerless, and irresolute, as larger forces bring down the country and his presidency.

The most powerful man on Earth?

This wasn’t just some off-the cuff observation. Milbank described in detail Obama’s recent performance in the run-up to and aftermath of the S&P downgrade:

The economy crawls, the credit rating falls, the markets plunge, and a helicopter packed with U.S. special forces goes down in Afghanistan. Two thirds of Americans say the country is on the wrong track (and that was before the market swooned), Obama’s approval rating is 43 percent, and activists on his own side are calling him weak.

Yet Obama plods along, raising gobs of cash for his reelection bid and varying little the words he reads from the teleprompter. He seemed detached even from those words Monday as he pivoted his head from side to side, proclaiming that “our problems is not confidence in our credit” and turning his bipartisan fiscal commission into a “biparticle.”

Biparticle? What would the liberal MSM have done if a GOP or TeaParty candidate had said that at a fundraiser? Of course, that was never reported about BHO, formerly, “the One.”

The "liberal media" would have given radio silence. Have we been hearing much about the asinine, pro-corporatist, anti-American policy ideas kicked around last week in Iowa? Newp! Romney stomps around defending corporate personhood over actual person personhood, and it gets, what, half-article coverage for one night. Helps that the media is made of five corporate persons, I suppose!

And I just want to take a moment to point out... the media is not liberal. "Not as #ing crazy as Fox news" does not directly translate into "liberal" except among the moron crowd, that feel anyone to the left of Margaret Thatcher should be gunned down in the street.

One of Milbanks cohorts at WaPo, Richard Cohen, bemoans the fact that:

Obama … is the very personification of cognitive dissonance — the gap between what we (especially liberals) expected of the first serious African American presidential candidate and the man he in fact is.

Never mind that John McCain mocked Obama for "leading from behind."
Jesse Jackson also criticized him:

"The Republicans feel they can keep pushing and he will keep giving," he said. "They have not seen a stiff resistance on his part."

www.spiegel.de...

Harvard economist Kenneth Rogoff criticized Obama's concessions in the debt-ceiling wrangle.

"He was holding all the cards and he was still stared down by the Tea Party."
"He got gamed into making giant concessions, and this has weakened the presidency."

www.spiegel.de...

And the loss of leadership is felt around the world, as Obama sycophant E. J. Dionne sadly notes:

Can America still lead? Millions of people around the world had hoped in vain that Obama would restore the United States to a position of responsible global leadership. America's friends overseas … worry now about how strong Obama is, whether he will draw lines and if he can seize back the initiative."

So, how did we get to this point? What realization has come that has saddened, disappointed and enraged Obama’s staunchest allies and supporters?

That Obama was totally unqualified to serve in the capacity to which to was elected!

You didn't read any of these did you? The complaint is that Obama is essentially caving to the republicans. if your argument is that this makes him "unfit to lead," then well, that doesn't say a whole lot about hte folks you're obviously rooting for here, does it?

Everyone you excerpted wants him to take stronger, more liberal positions. it's not a statement of his "incompetence," it's a complaint on the direction his administration is taking - it's pulling a hard center-right course, and the liberal base detests it (As should most Americans, but remember, most Americans are the reason curling irons are labeled with "external use only")

Years from now, historians may regard the 2008 election of Barack Obama as an inscrutable and disturbing phenomenon, a baffling breed of mass hysteria akin perhaps to the witch craze of the Middle Ages. How, they will wonder, did a man so devoid of professional accomplishment beguile so many into thinking he could manage the world's largest economy, direct the world's most powerful military, execute the world's most consequential job?
Imagine a future historian examining Obama's pre-presidential life: ushered into and through the Ivy League despite unremarkable grades and test scores along the way; a cushy non-job as a "community organizer"; a brief career as a state legislator devoid of legislative achievement (and in fact nearly devoid of his attention, so often did he vote "present"); and finally an unaccomplished single term in United States Senate, the entirety of which was devoted to his presidential ambitions. He left no academic legacy in academia, authored no signature legislation as legislator.
And then there is the matter of his troubling associations: the white-hating, America-loathing preacher who for decades served as Obama's "spiritual mentor"; a real-life, actual terrorist who served as Obama's colleague and political sponsor. It is easy to imagine a future historian looking at it all and asking: how on Earth was such a man elected president?

Obama: The Affirmative ActionPresident

So, if all that is true, how did Barack Obama get elected?

Well, you're betting on a huge "if" there. consider the source. you're citing an article from a WND author, posted on a hard-right news collection site, titled "the affirmative action" president. Just a few falsehoods in the part you excerpted:

- Obama has no fewer personal achievements than any other president, as already noted. he certainly surpasses the previous fellow in the oval office, whose achievements consisted mostly of snorting lots of coke out of lots of hookers' asscracks and frying mentally handicapped people.

- A future historian would not note anything that divides Obama especially from all the other "Ivy leaguers" that have held the presidency. Except perhaps the odds of a multiracial child of a twice-married mother raised by his grandparents in the 70's could even manage to get into an Ivy League school in the first place. it's bait of a different situation than say, Bush or Kerry or Kennedy had, with their generational wealth and family connections, isn't it?.

- Jeremiah Wright does not hate white people. See, this is another position taken by morons and racists - that any black person who speaks on racial issues "hates white people." Martin king got this treatment, too - see, the mentality is that only white people are qualified to talk about such matters at all. it's a hilarious standard.

- Bill Ayers blew the head off a statue. Vandalism is not terrorism.

To be sure, no white candidate who had close associations with an outspoken hater of America like Jeremiah Wright and an unrepentant terrorist like Bill Ayers would have lasted a single day. But because Mr. Obama was black, and therefore entitled in the eyes of liberaldom to have hung out with protesters against various American injustices, even if they were a bit extreme, he was given a pass.

What happened to Obama? Nothing.

But wait! There may be another explanation, as offered by Norman Podhoretz:

The initial assumption is incorrect. How many presidents considered Milton Friedman a dear and personal friend? All of them from Nixon onward, isn't it? So which is more a danger to America, a preacher who condemns America for its imperialist wars, or the economic terrorist that is trusted to write economic policy?

Oh right, Friedman's not black, he gets a pass.

"What Happened to Obama?" is that nothing happened to him. He is still the same anti-American leftist he was before becoming our president, and it is this rather than inexperience or incompetence or weakness or stupidity that accounts for the richly deserved failure both at home and abroad of the policies stemming from that reprehensible cast of mind.

online.wsj.com...

jw
edit on 18-8-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

Obama's not a leftist. I harbor doubts he could spell the word, much less live it.
edit on 19/8/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

And 6 flags?

Never has blatant racism been allowed to run amok on ATS than it is doing right at this moment.

You sir, are a blight on humanity.

Unfortunately for the world, and especially for the United States, the observations of Podhoretz, Patterson and others are entirely accurate.

Barack Obama was a mediocre student with no academic accomplishments. He was ushered along into institutions for which he was not qualified.:

As reported by The New York Sun: "A spokesman for the university, Brian Connolly, confirmed that Mr. Obama spent two years at Columbia College and graduated in 1983 with a major in political science. He did not receive honors..." In spite of not receiving honors as an undergrad, Obama was nevertheless admitted to Harvard Law. Why?

2) Obama himself has written he was a poor student as a young man. As the Baltimore Sun reported, in:
"'Obama's book 'Dreams from My Father,'....the president recalled a time in his life...when he started to drift away from the path of success. 'I had learned not to care,' Obama wrote. '... Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it.' But his mother confronted him about his behavior. 'Don't you think you're being a little casual about your future?" she asked him, according to the book. '... One of your friends was just arrested for drug possession. Your grades are slipping. You haven't even started on your college applications.'"
3) Most damning to me is the president's unwillingness to make his transcripts public. If Obama had really been a stellar student with impeccable grades as an undergrad, is there any doubt they would have been made public by now and trumpeted on the front page of the New York Times as proof of his brilliance? To me it all adds up to affirmative action.

www.americanthinker.com...

As a professional he accomplished nothing of note.

As a lstate legislator, the only law he ever sponsored was to kill babies born alive after abortions; otherwise he showed no leadership at all - voting "present,[ if he showed up to vote at all.

As a senator, he followed the Dem./progressive agenda 100%.
He did nothing in the US senate other than his follow a pre-campaign agenda fashioned for him by others, including his anarchist friend, Ayers.

The man had no qualifications. Tell me that a white man with his resume would have even stood a chance? You can't.

AA all the way.

This is what you asked for, get over it.

jw

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

There are only 2 parts of your reply that I need to quote: "The media [are] not liberal." "Obama is not leftist."

Thanks for your contributions to objective reason and evaluation.

jw

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

The "affirmative action" President? 6 flags?

Sounds like an amusement park, no?

Wheeeeeee. Enjoying the ride so far, are we?

jw

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

And 6 flags?

You think this is the most blatant racism on ATS? What about

DHS Video Characterizes White Americans as Most Likely Terrorists

(28 flags)

edit on 19-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
America had warning of what the man was actually like when he said on the first Sunday in September of 2008 that's "above my pay grade"

That was the man's mindset then and it has not changed. HE not Congress was supposed to develop a REALISTIC budget, yet Congress had to appoint a committee of twelve do do the job for him.

The President Submits a Budget Proposal to Congress
Following the procedure required by the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974, the President presents a budget proposal for the coming Fiscal Year to Congress on or before the first Monday in February.... usgovinfo.about.com...

...A review of White House budget proposals from 2009 to present reveals a series of long-term economic assumptions that torture credulity in service of Mr. Obama’s big-government agenda.

According to the fiscal 2010 budget proposal, released in February 2009 and modestly entitled “A New Era of Responsibility,” prosperity was just around the corner. The projected gross domestic product for 2009 was almost zero, but in 2010 the Obama administration foresaw 3.43 percent growth, followed by 5.23 percent in 2011 and an astonishing 6.26 percent in 2012. By 2015, this would level out to a comparatively modest but objectively unrealistic 4.45 percent, which was the default assumption out to 2019. These growth dreams were laughable. Without credible rationale, the White House posited that the U.S. economy would grow at a record pace for almost 20 years. This red-hot growth projection was necessary, however, to justify and cover the record levels of government spending Mr. Obama was planning.

White House long-term deficit projections were wrongly rosy as well. According to Mr. Obama’s first budget, the projected $1.2 trillion deficit for 2010 would be sliced in half to $533 billion by 2013. This red ink would creep slowly up to $712 billion by the end of the decade but would still be around 3 percent of the mammoth projected GDP.

Two years later, the economy isn’t producing the benefits Mr. Obama promised. Growth has been anemic rather than robust, and deficits have skyrocketed rather than receded.... prairiepundit.blogspot.com...

The Rah Rah Rah Community Organizer budget

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Do you attack me becasue I speak the truth or because you do not like the truth?

The thread is not about whether Barack Obama is incompetent, unqualified and incapable of performing the job. That was established long ago.

The thread is about how even his own followers and people around the world are coming to realize, acknowledge and respond to the frustation that the man is just not up to the job.

Before you attacked me, did you even bother to see if what I said had any support? Did you even try to "Google" the phrase: "affirmative action president?"

Sorry to break the news, but that position was established long ago. The real story is how long it took for people who have heretofore blindly supported him, granted him every excuse, lowering their standards as they went about (consciously or sub-consciously) to accomodate his incompetence; to realize that Barack Obama is not a leader; either of America, the free world, or anything in between; is not capable of performing to the standards expected of him, much less the presidency; and was put into a place he never earned or deserved.

If you think I'm making up the premise,i.e., that he is the "AA" president, here's just a brief sample of other opinions:

(2011)

Barack Obama is now officially the affirmative action president.

This is where the perpetually outraged left begins hyperventilating, followed by uncontrollable screams of "racism." Water is wet, Hezbollah blows stuff up, and leftists throw utterly boring race-baiting temper tantrums.

Speaking of uninteresting, our leader is now an affirmative action project gone bad. This may have negative ramifications for future black Americans, which would be wrong.

communities.washingtontimes.com...

(2010)

So, where does this colossal sense of political omnipotence come from—the idea that, for him, every difficult or complex problem is really easy?

Here’s one explanation: Obama is the product of generations of affirmative action, i.e., because of enforced social policy most everything was really easy for him. As a result, Barack Obama​ is not likely the top performer he has—and we have been led to believe he is—and it’s showing.

www.humanevents.com...

(2009)

Barack Obama is one of the number of useless, mediocre people who, thanks to affirmative action, have been elevated to a position far above their natural abilities. The absence of grades is not the only indication of Obama’s intellectual weakness. (And believe me, if his grades were good, they’d be published in every paper in America, including the want ads.)

Everything Obama’s turned his hand to — except for using people to advance his career — has failed. The Annenberg Challenge was a $100 million disaster. His legal career was, to say that least, undistinguished. (I should add here that junior associates always have undistinguished careers. There’s just not that much scope there.) His tenure as an Illinois State Senator was marked by dithering indecision, coupled with the intelligent strategy, for a stupid person, of simply vanishing when the votes came around. The same holds true for his career in the United States Senator. If you examine those two tenures in political office without the gloss of the media love affair, all you’ve got is plenty of nothing.

Obama’s professorship at the U. of Chicago law school was equally undistinguished. He published nothing. His disquisitions on the Constitution show he knows nothing. All that the liberals can hang their hat on is that one book: Dreams. And even that is proving to be a remarkably weak reed. Jack Cashill has argued compellingly that Bill Ayers was the book’s principle author.

All of which gets me back to Obama. None of the apparent indices of brains pan out: no grades, no job record, no book. Nothing at all. His sole talent, and I have to say that it’s a spectacular one, is to be a con man. He has a deep voice, good looks, and a network of behind the scenes operators who have been deeply invested in his advancement. The only problem with running a con, is that, if you stick around after you’ve run the con, people expect you to perform. And Obama, who has none of the advertised talents, is utterly trapped.

www.bookwormroom.com...

Now, as for the thread, how can you deny the eloquence of, among others, Maxine Waters' mordant plea: "Unleash us!, to try to salvage their fallen 'savior.'

Too little, too late, if you ask me.

Thank God.

jw

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
LMAO...Obama's opposition can scarcely conceal themselves beneath their white robes anymore. Though it does work for them to disguise their hatred of him in blankets of "ineffectiveness"! Only throwing a snide comment here and there (AA President) betraying their REAL problem.

Should get very entertaining when Obama begins campaigning and actually addressing the actual points his opponents are throwing his way such as "treasonist". I can see those who are swaying laughing with him and realizing just what type of mess we would be in at the hands of the actual GOP who tout they would not have raised the debt ceiling!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

The only thing I realize is that the old, white people who vowed to make him a failure just MIGHT get what they want!

That's the main thing that has held Obama back....may as well been a pact between all the racist in positions of power...led by Rush of course. They swore to see him fail even if it destroyed this country.

To expose this attitude I present one simple thing: If there wasn't some other agenda....the Right would be LOVING him!! He has backed down to their every demand. That however isn't the case, they hate him as if he has succeeded in passing everything he's wanted.

There's the smoking gun!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Really? White Robes? Jesse Jackson and Harvard Alums, and fellow liberals are now all tossed into the same incorrect, illogical, and scathingly dishonest portrayal of KKK? It was bad enough when you supporters claimed any little criticism from the Tea Party was racism, but now you are going to claim that even criticism from his own party, and own race is still racism?

I'm at a loss. I don't even know how to respond to such drivel.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Really? White Robes? Jesse Jackson and Harvard Alums, and fellow liberals are now all tossed into the same incorrect, illogical, and scathingly dishonest portrayal of KKK? It was bad enough when you supporters claimed any little criticism from the Tea Party was racism, but now you are going to claim that even criticism from his own party, and own race is still racism?

I'm at a loss. I don't even know how to respond to such drivel.

The problems Jesse Jackson and other minorities have with Obama is completely different from the ones who swore to be the party of no.

In actuality it has grown past racism to just plain lunatic opposition. Obama could propose we bring every factory back to America's shore and that party will scream, "NOOOOOO!"

That is what betrays them...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join