It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the REAL Looters: "Merkel and Sarkozy Want £13 billion a year from UK taxpayers to save Euro

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by wcitizen

They're both looters. Please don't try to distract the evils of one party with that of another. Evil is evil.

I didn't deny they were both looters. What I am saying is that the looting by the criminals in charge is infinitely worse, but people are all riled up about the rioters and roll over and let the banksters and the gubberment loot the country on a massive scale and say practically nothing.

edit on 18-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Wrong again, if they did, dont you think they would have kept it low?
They did not because they could not, that is why you pay almost 4 dollar a gallon.
The price is simply based on demand, if the economy is better and demand is high, the price goes up, if there is less demand because the economy slows down, the price will go down.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by citizen

We know exactly how it feels we have been enslave in the US for decades and getting worst, globalization is nothing but that, enslaving nations to debt and then saving them with more debt, but while the elite on the top thrive the citizens decay.

The is the future that Merkel and Sarkozy wants, but this time they want to be the puppet masters, still I wonder where the money will come for the bailouts

They will have to borrow the money - it's the system just as you describe it being rolled out again.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That money is raised on the capital market and partly form investors.
Every country can give out bonds, and investors buy them as investments.
In this way the money for the bailout is raised by every country in the EU and together forms the complete package.

A little edit here on 'partly from investors'
The investors who have invested in Greece are asked to roll the debt into longer terms or take a little cut to reduce the pressure on Greece.
edit on 18-8-2011 by earthling42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Because technically it was by the people's consent. You get what you vote for.

The western world is like a young girl who doesn't know the difference between rape and consent and should probably consider the convent for a few years to go think about herself and the poor life choices that led her to this point. At least She's starting to become a proper thinking girl and telling the fat oafs to get the hell away. Se should probably consider kicking him in the groin and a few knock out blows. Get herself a real man like Ron Paul, I don't know.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

edit on 19-8-2011 by MissConstrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
"Merkel and Sarkozy Want £13 billion a year from UK taxpayers to save Euro",

Doesn't everybody want 13 million pounds...to save himself?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
We should never have joined the EEC let alone the EU! It was flogged to the British tax payer as a fantastic idea where everything will be cheap as all products made in the EEC will be passed around cheaply for all to benefit. What happened? Our farmers were told what crops would be purchased at top money so obviously farmers only grew those crops we then had to import more, even though it was from EEC countries it was working out more expensive and that ultimately, the UK seemed to be hammered more to subsidize everyone else!

We should never have ditched the Commonwealth Market. We had nothing in common with Europe but conflict with each other and Roman occupation. We should've gone with America, Australia, Canada, South Africa, West Indies, India everything we could possibly need circulating would've been within these countries. What do we do now? Simply import from everywhere anyway and pay billions in to a failed concept, just because some EU politicians want to play Napoleon!

I tell you something, if us working tax payers don't protest over this then we may as well walk off the Dover cliffs!

Being in the EEC and EU has been nothing but a burden, a burden on the tax payer, a burden socially and economically from no border control whatsoever, a burden on laws and policies being created in another country, a burden on our lives and our future!

The only problem now is that we manufacture nothing, we produce nothing, we are in a position where like any former Empire, we have declined and receeded in to ourself and now the decay and greed is greatly evident, from the politician to the council tenant.

Pulling out of the EEC and EU now, unfortunately, is not as easy as it sounds. As an independent nation, the EU was the final nail in the coffin. We shot our independence in 1973 and buried it in 1993.

edit on 19-8-2011 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
All the rioting has been put down to the youth, nothing has been said about the youth who was shot dead by our police force, nothing has been said about the peaceful demonstration ( civil unrest ) that took place outside the Tottenham police station before the riots began.
All that will happen is new laws will be past to give the police more powers, I am not anti police but all I'm reading at present is police corruption being rife from the top to the bottom, do I trust the police at this time? do I want them to have more power over the people of the UK? no i do not!!! I thought the police were put in place to protect and serve the population, it just does not feel like that any more, its seems to be if your put in any position of authority in the UK, Politics, Bankers, Police, Journalist ect, you are more than likely to abuse your position and let the population down, I wish I never felt this way but I read a lot and it is constantly the same story over and over again, will it stop, NO!
You watch within a week the next scandal against the UK public will break and all the papers will be full of the next scandal, well I'm bored of it all and I want to leave the UK as soon as I can its become not a nice place to live any more..................

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by micmac08

I think you need to look at the wider picture.

The police did not shoot dead a teenager, they shot dead a man who was armed and wanted by police, say it like it is. As for the Police getting more powers, I don't think its a case of getting more powers, I think its a case of being allowed to do their job. As I have said time and time again, to know a job, you have to have done the job, or at least worked internally alongside those doing the job. You need to understand protocol, training and procedure. I would never comment on any military issue if it was with regards to how they operate, as I have no idea, never worked in the military, but I have in the Police.

The biggest issue with Police is that they are walking on egg shells in all directions. From internal politics, to Human Rights jargon that allows criminals to get away with almost anything, to courts that lack conviction and to media reporting that distorts police perception. It's an impossible job today. It always makes me laugh that within urban communities, they will allow their own to shoot each other until the cows come home, if a copper shoots one of them, protest and riot!

As for the protest itself, when you protest outside a police station, with a lot of people, the family getting emotionally charged as they want answers, the police unable to comment with regards to an ongoing IPCC investigation and then a section just wanting to to smash anything up, believe me that protest was an explosion waiting to happen from the word go, it wasn't peaceful, it just went an amount of time without physical violence!

Anyway, this subject is for a different thread. Although the EU does control are vast amount of laws. This thread is about the money spent by the tax payer towards something that we have had no part in, nor the tax payer had any say in spending towards.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Yep, the EU is dying, but the leaders still want keep it alive. EU was good till they started taking countries with bad economical control, like Greece, Romania and Bulgaria.

I just fear that without EU, there will be new wars. We need something to keep Europe together. Some countries have little feud going on.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Because technically it was by the people's consent. You get what you vote for.

The western world is like a young girl who doesn't know the difference between rape and consent and should probably consider the convent for a few years to go think about herself and the poor life choices that led her to this point. At least She's starting to become a proper thinking girl and telling the fat oafs to get the hell away. Se should probably consider kicking him in the groin and a few knock out blows. Get herself a real man like Ron Paul, I don't know.

Mmm, the consent thing doesn't hold water for me personally. Consent implies knowledge of the facts and in the case of our 'elections' the truth of the agenda being pedalled was hidden from the people. Like a man luring the girl into his home on a false pretext before raping her. Did she consent? No. Would the people have voted to take on the gambling debts of the banksters in full knowledge of the facts? No.

I agree with the kicking in the groin bit, though!.We so need a Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Go ahead, leave Europe AND the EEA (don't forget the EEA). Lets see those small businesses shut down fast and unemployment rocket even higher.

I DOUBLE DARE ya.

Go on.
edit on 18-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

You mean like the shattered economies of Switzerland and Norway? How do they manage without the EU? Surely the unemployment rate must be above 20%, all the businesses boarded up, and the economy in pieces right?

Oh what's that? Switzerland and Norway have the highest standards of living and most sound economies in Europe?

Switzerland and Norway are EEA members.

Seriously, they are not OUTSIDE Europe, infact Norway is even in another union, called the Nordic Union.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

We are part of the European Union, therefore we will be expected to partake in it in order to strengthen it when times are tough.
edit on 19-8-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred

We are part of the European Union, therefore we will be expected to partake in it in order to strengthen it when times are tough.
edit on 19-8-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

Why is it tough? WHERE has all the billions and billions of money gone? Money doesn't just disappear into think air, it has gone somewhere. Which accounts has it been sequestered into?

Why are the taxpayers paying the gambling debts of the banksters?

We are being LOOTED by the criminal banksters.

If you had a son or daughter and they got themselves into debt, would you just pay up without asking for details, for proof of the debt? If they had been the victim of fraud would you just pay up and say nothing, or would you fight the fraud?

There is massive, massive fraud going on and the taxpayers are being told to pay again and again, more and more. That is looting a million times worse than what the rioters have done.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Switzerland and Norway are NOT being told they have to pay £13 billion.

The worship of money in the form of trade has to be dismantled and some real values need to guide decisions.
Trade profits the corporatocracy more than anything. Trade, as it is today, is a brutal, destructive god.
edit on 19-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Switzerland and Norway are NOT being told they have to pay £13 billion.

The worship of money in the form of trade has to be dismantled and some real values need to guide decisions.
Trade profits the corporatocracy more than anything. Trade, as it is today, is a brutal, destructive god.

I am just correcting an incorrect post, with the facts.

In fact Norway does contribute, as does Switzerland to Europe.

As of 2009, Norway has chosen to opt into EU projects and its total financial contribution linked to the EEA agreement consists of contributions related to the participation in these projects (Schengen Agreement, Europol, EU Drug Monitoring Centre, Frontex, the European Defence Agency and the Union's battlegroups) and part made available to development projects for reducing social and economic disparities in the EU (EEA and Norway Grants).[2][7] EEA EFTA states fund their participation in programmes and agencies by an amount corresponding to the relative size of their gross domestic product (GDP) compared to the GDP of the whole EEA. The EEA EFTA participation is hence on an equal footing with EU member states. The total EEA EFTA commitment amounts to 2.4% of the overall EU programme budget. In 2008 Norway’s contribution was €188 million. Throughout the programme period 2007—2013, the Norwegian contribution will increase substantially in parallel with the development of the EU programme budget, from €130 million in 2007 to €290 million in 2013. For the EEA and Norway Grants from 2004 to 2009, Norway provided almost €1.3 billion.

PLEASE; stop spreading FUD that Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, Leichenstien do NOT participate in Europe.

It is not true.

I can dig up more if you want

edit on 19-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
So, are you telling me that Norway and Switzerland will be each contributing £13 billion to the bailout? If so, please show me where I can find that information.

If so, they are being looted too. In a sense it's irrelevant to the argument. The EU is a cesspiit of corruption, an arm of the NWO and they are looting European countries to remove all the wealth from the citizens in order to have total control over them through their dependence on the government for food and shelter.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

So, are you telling me that Norway and Switzerland will be each contributing £13 billion to the bailout? If so, please show me where I can find that information.

I am simply showing that Norway et all are deeply involved in Europe even though the general MISSconception is that they are not part of Europe.

I just want us all to be clear that they ARE participating in Europe and in no small way.

That was just some info I dug up in 10 seconds, I am sure if you dig deeper you can find more.

You can also see that partipation is also very complex, % GDP based and also at differnet levels, Europe is very much alive, very broad and will not disappear, they even have their own battle groups and defence forces (just not the way you see publically, but that will come in time), their own policing force and more.

So now you want to move the goal posts from "Norway is doing well they are not part of europe" to "well yeah they seem to be now you posted that little snippet, so lets argue on the amount"?

Even simply being in the EEA; has a cost and a lot of agreements that come with it, you cannot simply just sit on the side and reap all the benefits of being able to trade from inside the European Eceonomic Area without contributing, it is NOT a free ride, so if you think you can simply leave Europe, and reap all the benefits, think again.

edit on 19-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Some quotes:

“The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. Bankers own the Earth. Take it away from them but leave them the power to create money, and with a flick of a pen, they will create enough money to buy it back again. Take this great power away from them and all great fortunes like mine will disappear, for then this would be a better and happier world to live in. But if you want to continue to be the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let bankers continue to create money and control credit.”

—Sir Josiah Stamp, president of the Rothschild Bank of England and the second richest man in Britain in the 1920s, speaking at the University of Texas in 1927.

---------------------------

“[The] abandonment of the gold standard made it possible for the welfare statists to use the banking system as a means to an unlimited expansion of credit.... In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value. If there were, the government would have to make its holdings illegal, as was done in the case of gold.... The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves.... [This] is the shabby secret of the welfare statist's tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the 'hidden' confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights.”
- Alan Greenspan in an article he wrote in 1966.

--------------------

“History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance.” – James Madison

--------------------

"Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government."
- Henry Kissinger, Bilderberger Conference in Evians, France, 1991

----------

"The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining super capitalism and Communism under the same tent, all under their control.... Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent."
- Congressman Larry P. McDonald, 1976, killed in the Korean Airlines 747 that was shot down by the Soviets

----------

“Bankers own the earth; take it away from them but leave them with the power to create credit; and, with a flick of a pen, they will create enough money to buy it back again... If you want to be slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers control money and control credit.”
- Sir Josiah Stamp, Director, Bank of England, 1940.

------------

"The few who understand the system, will either be so interested from it's profits or so dependent on it's favors, that there will be no opposition from that class." - Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild
“Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws."
- Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

-------------

“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.” - Thomas Jefferson

-----------

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.”
- Frederic Bastiat - (1801-1850) in Economic Sophisms

------------

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join