It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several dead in series of terrorist attacks in southern Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Several dead in series of terrorist attacks in southern Israel

www .haaretz.com

Dozens wounded after armed gunmen fire on bus traveling near Eilat, IDF and armed men trade fire, and mortars are fired from Egyptian border.

Several people died and at least 15 people were hurt on Thursday in a series of terrorist attacks on Israeli targets near the southern city of Eilat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
There were also bombs going off in Beer Sheva. Update : no bombs going off..

There's at least 6 dead confirmed so far. 4 points of attack.

This looks like a very coordinated attack... probably coming from terrorists in the Sinai region in Egypt... which the Egyptian army mounted an attack against in the last few days.

Hopefully this will not be pinned on Hezbollah or some nonsense like that.

Latest updates :

Bus driver claiming he saw Egyptian Military firing on bus.

Yeah that would be superbad. It's probably BS.

Polish Agency of Press : Several egyptian rockets fired into israel.

That too is not good.

IDF spokesman: This is a difficult and complicated event

In other news, very interesting timing that this is happening... with all the big protests in Israel... false-flag?

Update : Seeing twitters that Israel blames Hamas... uh oh? If true this could lead to big air strikes against Hamas and in the coming week/weeks, a full scale Israel invasion of Gaza.

Update 2 :

Dozens reported hurt in triple terror attack near Eilat IDF soldiers among casualties; number of bombs go off near IDF patrol along border with Egypt; MDA: terrorists attack bus, private vehicle; PMO spokesperson: 3 terrorists killed.

Update 3 :

Eilat bus ambush unlikely to have come from Egypt'

Hinting at Hamas.

Israel's Channel 10 TV reports 4th attack by gunmen near border with Egypt - AP

Barak: Attacks show Egypt's grip on Sinai weakening

Israel goes on highest terror alert amid multiple terrorist attacks near Eilat in the south.

Egyptian sources deny reports about a Egyptian military build up on the border with Israel

IDF: Attacks came from Gaza

Israels defense minster says "Gaza will pay the price for the attack in Eilat"

Israeli government & military holding emergency meeting on Gaza

There we go.

Senior Hamas leader Ahmed Yousef denies responsibility for this morning's attacks.

Usually they claim responsability...

And with Palestine statehood declaration within weeks... this is HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS...

I say false-flag. The timing is too suspicious and Hamas denies it's them... anyway.

More update :

Update: IDF soldiers among casualties; number of bombs go off near IDF patrol along border with Egypt; dozens reported hurt as terrorists attack bus, private vehicle; PMO spokesperson: 3 terrorists killed.

More updates :

IDF investigating shooting heard on the border between Israel-Syria in the Golan Heights next to Druze town of Majdal Shams.

All UN personnel evacuated from the Gaza Strip in case of Israeli reprisal for multiple terrorist attack north of Eilat

Egypt has shut the Rafah crossing into Sinai from Gaza

More :

Hamas issues warning against Israeli attack on Gaza

More :

Reports that today's terror attack included an attempt to kidnap IDF soldiers.

www .haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I feel sorry for you Americans, here comes a few million in aid, troops and equipment you're going to waste by helping Israel.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
No doubt a massive disprortionate response will be launched against the long suffering
palestinians in gaza...

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
No doubt a massive disprortionate response will be launched against the long suffering
palestinians in gaza...
Disproportionate? Ok, I propose Israel count how many mortars, rockets, etc... were fired and fire the exact same amount at them. Proportionate enough?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
There is one possibility not to be disregarded entirely: a false flag operation ordered by Netanyahu's beleaguered government to turn attention (domestic and internationally) away from the protests taking place throughout the country.

Nothing is ever as it seems.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Oh, what a coincidence.

Massive protests in Israel are seriously challenging the government and its policies.

A US senator challenging the funding of Israel's activities in Palestine.

UN about to discuss recognising Palestine as a nation.

And ..... waddyano - a terrorist attack in Israel.

These terrorists have an uncanny knack of knowing exactly when to appear on the scene to help NWO politicians in distress.

More stench is wafting from the dung heap.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Attacking military targets is not really a terroist attack.

Israel has been in a continuos state of conflict, including both hot and cold periods, with several different nationalist & Islamist groups since Israels creation.

Lets not get this twisted.

If there were civilian casulties then it would fall in to the category of a terrorist attack of course.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Peruvianmonk because: Clarification

edit on 18-8-2011 by Peruvianmonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

I would feel more sorry for us americans' if we didn't support Israel.
Things will start getting very interesting next month when Israel will
be forced to divide Jerusalem.
Everything is going according to G-d's will and His will be done.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
why would they fire into gaza if the rockets and gunfire are coming from egypt? do they punish the people who know nothing to show the ones who do? that would make no sense. i have been very critical of isreal but looking to give them a fair stance. any action against anyone other than where these attacks originally originated is wrong. is it possible that egypt isnt as friendly towards isreal as many will have us believe. there is major change taking place in egypt and some of that change could have to do with bad blood between egyptians and isrealites. just maybe the people of this country dont want to be in bed with isreal and are tired of being bullied into it.

just a thought.

naw. its probably iran or libya.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I sincerely wish I could say this came as any surprise at all. Israel has been systematically surrounded by it's most determined enemies since Lebanon peacefully changed hands into Hezbollah control and the more violent revolutions began, which have so far ended with folks that are anything but sympathetic, to be nice. Hopefully this isn't the start of a larger move. Not yet anyway....

This is the one sign I'm really not ready to see fulfilled. As I recall the order of events, if the Bible is proven to be correct, it's the last sign that occurs in relative world peace.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Well yes. But that's not what happens is it? Palestinians fire some indiscriminately aimed mortars/rockets across the border and Israel responds with F-16s, precision guided bombs, tanks and one of the most zealous armies on the planet. That's what always happens and it is always disproportionate.

If Israel were to do as you suggest, they would still kill more Palestinians than are ever killed on the Israeli side due to the extreme number of people forced to live inside that tiny piece of land. An area where they have been besieged, starved and humiliated for longer than most people can remember.

Tell me. If you were forced from your home, subjected to live some refugee camp without access to enough food, water, medicine while the rest of the world sat on its backside and allowed it happen. Would you just twiddle your thumbs and hope things got better, or would you fight back?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by BigBruddah

I would feel more sorry for us americans' if we didn't support Israel.
Things will start getting very interesting next month when Israel will
be forced to divide Jerusalem.
Everything is going according to G-d's will and His will be done.

Yes God's will is to hand money to Israel while Americans are being kicked out of their homes. God's will is for young Americans to die fighting Israel's wars isnt it?! Where is the aid for the homeless man that lost his job? The soldier that lost a leg or an arm? What about HIS family? Where is the aid for the people that lost everything they had? I see aid to banks and aid to Israel. God's will is it? Stop being blinded by scripture and open your eyes.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You will get no where using common sense and logic with this antisemitic crowd on ATS. According to many here, Hitler didn't do enough...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by Atzil321
palestinians in gaza...
Disproportionate? Ok, I propose Israel count how many mortars, rockets, etc... were fired and fire the exact same amount at them. Proportionate enough?

Sure enough after the American people pay for those missiles and rockets. American tax payers have to support Israeli war efforts afterall.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Because it is not possible to criticize Israel without being anti-semitic, apparently.

What does that make the quarter of a million protesting against the Israeli government? According to your reasoning they must be anti-semitic too!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Update : Seeing twitters that Israel blames Hamas... uh oh? If true this could lead to big air strikes against Hamas and in the coming week/weeks, a full scale Israel invasion of Gaza.

Israel recently "blacked out" gaza, cutting all communications just like before cast lead, I think a week or so ago actually. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they bare the brunt of Israels retaliation.

Don't get me wrong, I in no way support attacks from either side. I just suspect, as usual, Israel will use this as justification for more incursions into Gaza, regardless of Hamas's role in this attack.

I also don't put much weight into the Egyptian Military attacking IDF forces. Sorry, not buying that for a second. Lemme guess, Lebanon and Syria were involved too, and Iran, and, oh, who else does Israel hate right now? They were involved too.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

"The attacks demonstrate the weakening of Egypt's control over the Sinai peninsula and the expansion of terrorist activity there," Barak said, adding "These attacks originate in Gaza and we will act against them with full force and resolve."
source

WTF? They already concluded it was hamas?

This is not good. I feel for the innocent gazans, this is going to get uggly fast.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
*groan*

Israel gets attacked and ATS resident nut jobs cry "false-flag" and decry any Israeli response.

I hope Israel turns these oxygen stealers into squidgy blobs of poo.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

sure thing, maybe they can throw in a few cluster bombs over the local schools
like they normaly do in their proportionate responses. Israel don't do proportionate
they do revenge, and anyone in gaza regardless of whether they have any involvent
in this latest incident is a legitimate target in their eyes. Many inocents will die in gaza
in the next few days for something they had nothing to do with, Isreal have a policy
of collective punisment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join