It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird sound in Australia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Okay, this afternoon at roughly 3:00, there was a sound that sounded much like a big jet fly over. However, this sound lasted for about 15 - 20 minutes, and was constant. It did have a change in volume, but it mainly stayed very loud. It only went into lower sounds for about 5 seconds. I live in QLD. Anybody else hear such things? Unforunately, i did not catch any footage as my phone is #.

edit on 18-8-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary today, maybe it was just something you didnt see?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

Thats what i was thinking, but i had a clear view of the sky and i couldn;t spot a single aircraft, a bit weird.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Would you happen to be near Rockhampton?

Tlasalt

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
if theres a conspiracy here perhaps this thing is to blame?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tlasalt

Nah mate, SE

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Oh well can't help then, Heard a strange noise myself today.

I was at work this arvo when i heard a strange sounding plane come past, then another so i stepped out side and their were five planes doing an impromptu aerobatics show right above us. It was awesome, brought most of Rocky to a stand still.

tlasalt

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
People have been reporting this all over the globe. here is one example. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Go to the search and search "strange sounds." There are even a few videos. I was reading about these earlier. Might be the same thing you've heard based on your description.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tlasalt

Thanks anyway mate

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePawnsTheory

Thanks for the info mate

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Here's a post where they are starting to map out the locations of these noises. They are acting like it's underground but two videos I have seen, which am having trouble locating at this moment, have a flash in the sky right before the noise quits.
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=10864311#

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I know the sound you are talking about & its not like any of the videos Ive heard on here before, it is like a high flying plane but just lasts for up to an hour.

Ive been hearing it for about 5-6 months on & off. I only notice it late at night, after midnight, so I know its not planes as there is an airport curfew. It nothing like the engine test suggested before as I am slightly north of Sydney, & also, it is obviously coming from the sky & nothing ground based.

No idea what it is, its not particularly loud, not every night, & certainly not a normal noise for this area, the only flight path Im near is for emergency choppers going to the hospital.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
SE as in Brissie? 3pm was lying in bed with my 12 month old, no sound I could hear other than the crazy wind! (I'm in Bris west - close to Ipswich)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Sound like this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
When I lived in Brisbane, SE Queensland, a few years ago, I heard a wierd sound one day which seemed to me like a huge airframe, such as an airliner size perhaps, swoop extremely low over my roof top, only without the engines at all. I was inside the house, so did not get the chance to see anything.

I am familiar with aviation, along with gliders, which are unpowered aircraft. The whooshing sound they make, if your below one as its landing, sounded similar, yet this was muuuuch bigger. It was a fast paced, buffetting, swooshing noise, along with a small but continuous whistling sound, as though a piece of metal from this object/craft extended into its airflow....thats the impression I got anyway. Overall, it came & went as a noise which approached extremely low, passed overhead & continued away until it dissapeared. Duration was perhaps 7-8 seconds.

The weather was overcast, persistent light rain & still, calm conditions, about 12-13:00 PM. I was approximately 5Km south/ south west of Archerfield airport. therefore no chance of there being any gliders at all, but of course every chance of light (powered) GA aircraft, along with large jets coming into & out of Brisbane airport which is much further away.

I would say that any aircraft that far away from either airport would have crashed if it was that low without power. Also, a training flight would not be conducting any simulated engine failures there as it is built up (houses), well out of Archerfields' circuit area & out of the training area for that sort of thing. Anyway, such an excersise would have resulted in the pilot applying full power at some point, having descended so low & I heard no evidence of any engines in operation.
edit on 18-8-2011 by green1 because: Word missing.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'll add - if it were a massive aircraft, you'd know it! When the f1-11s did their final flyover last dec, I wasn't aware our new house was DIRECTLY under them, I literally hit the floor! Not a sound you'd mistake for anything else - I'll keep my ears out OP!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
distant thundering storms echo?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

Yeah, exactly like what you described, the one i heard lasted a maximum of 20 minutes, however, i walked into heavy traffic so it could have lasted longer. It was coming from the sky, but i didn't see anything.
edit on 18-8-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Nah, it's definately not that, but thanks anyway

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Arghhhh

I have never heard these sounds but completely believe they are real.

Nothing ever happens in Adelaide.

<<   2 >>

join