It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis has anyone had it?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ceetee

oops, was I supposed to fill something in? sorry was in a rush.. let me know if I need to repost

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've had about two experiences with it in my life. Once here at home and once when I was visiting a friend in England.

Not the most pleasant experiences, and the 2nd time I knew what was happening, so I had to call out my friend's name (who was in the same room) and his voice woke me up, thankfully.

Basically its just fear of something being there when you open your eyes. You're asleep but not completely so you're going to witness slight hallucinations.

First time I experienced it: I couldn't really move and felt something on my bed moving around. Thinking it was my cat, I didn't react much. I then opened my eyes and saw a dark figure move away from me and to the window but vanished. Closed my eyes a bit freaked out not thought nothing too much of it for some reason. Then the pressure on my bed got heavier and made its way to my pillow. Opened my eyes and saw a dark figure move away from the window and come closer to me. I forget what happened right after that actually, but next thing I know is I sat up, freaked out and left my bedroom door open for the rest of the night. For some reason, it comforted me.

Creepiest experience ever

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I believe your research concerning the possibilities of sleep paralysis being connected to ET origins is in the right direction.

The majority of the cases all have the same dreams or visions, always involving a demonic entity, which could very well be an ET. Also the majority of the cases, there was nothing the person experiencing the event could do, it only stopped when it wanted to. Furthermore, in cases that the individual could do nothing, the event was reoccurring throughout their lives. Only a small number of cases, the individual was able to repel or stop the event. In each case it involved the individual fighting back with a very strong religious belief, demanding the demonic entity to be gone under the name of their religious beliefs. All of which had self assurance and confident in ones belief, ones self and what will protect them to stand against and rid the entity. This event occurs worldwide amongst people with different religious backgrounds but very similar events, dreams or visions during their sleep. I believe if you encounter this event, regardless of your religious belief or lack of one, you can rid the invader with your own free will. Even though your body is paralyze, you are still able to use your mind.

The reason I believe this is from my own experience. I only had nightmares related to demon entities since I was young and only from one location, my birth place, Thailand. When I was young I had many nightmares of them, but never paralyzed in my dreams. I left my birth place at the age of 5 and all the nightmares ended. I live in many countries all over the world and never had a demon related nightmare. I returned back to Thailand at the age of 27 and experience the sleep paralysis while house sitting a friend’s home with another friend. In my dream, more like a realistic real time event, I woke up in the room that I was sleeping in and felt a very bad presence. I got out of bed and began to open the many closet doors in the room searching for the cause of the bad presence. On the third closet door, I was grabbed by a demonic entity. When it grabbed me, it was squealing a very high pitch sound with its mouth wide open bearing its long fangs. I was instantly paralyzed, I tried to call to my friend for help, but could not do a thing, just paralyzed and full of fear. I didn’t know what to do, it just held me while it squealed. Then I remembered a Buddhist prayer my mother taught me at a very early age. All of a sudden, my fear of this entity turn into rage, I was so mad at it and began chanting the Buddhist prayer as if it was a weapon. From the time it grabbed me, I was frozen, eyes locked into its eyes, totally paralyzed , filled with fear while enduring its torturous squeal and totally helpless. This all changed when I began to fight back with the Buddhist prayer that was stored somewhere deep inside my head. It got weaker with ever word I spoke, it was like a bullet slicing into it making it weaker and weaker until it released me and vanished. Then I woke up, in the same room as the dream. My father was Christian and I was brought up with the Christian belief, my mother was Buddhist and she taught me about Buddhism at a very young age and the teachings were limited until the age of five. I don’t know why I chose the Buddhist prayer and why I became angry and choose to fight back, I just did as if it was a reflex or even instinct. After this event, it never happened again. I believe to rid the demonic dream paralysis, you must use your free will and cast it away, overcome it when it happens in your dream, use your mind, it is very powerful. To me the event was very negative and I don’t think religion has something to do with the ability in conquering the demonic entity. I believe it all has something to do with ones free will that each human posses. After this event I began receiving the 1111 codes, seeing it everywhere, clocks, payment receipts, queue numbers, messages receipt time, etc. These codes can be any numbers such as 222, 1212, etc. When I need help on something and wonder or at times ask in my mind for help on any matter, I often get confirmation that things will be alright by seeing these numbers and every time it has been, as if I was being assisted. I feel and believe that this event is positive and a form of communication from a good entity or ET and somehow it is connected to the negative dream paralysis that I overcame. I have been to ATS for many years, but just join as a member, I felt compelled to share my experience and interested in the outcome of your research.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I am in my mid 30s now and have not experienced this for 15+ years to my relief as it is truly terrifying.I definitely experienced it 25 to 30 times and when it used to happen i remember saying in my mind "Oh no,not again".I could clerarly see what was happening around me and trying to scream for help and no words coming out.I also experienced what one or two more people describe as like the shadow people.It used to happen to me in the middle of the night and i used to be afraid to go back to sleep afterwards and i do recall still seeing shadows around the walls and ceilings at times after these episodes but i am convinced that it was probably my mind playing tricks on me.My mother and one of my brothers suffered from sleep paralysis on a regular basis too and my brother has only had one episode of it happening in recent times after not experiencing it for years.This happened about 2 years ago shortly after his son was born which got me thinking maybe there might be more to it but it was more than likely just a coincidental episode.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Uh, wait, are people actually connecting sleep paralysis to aliens?

There are numerous natural causes that cause it to happen and aliens from space aren't one of them.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Here's the deal, I don't believe sleep paralysis has much to do with aliens or UFOs at all. I (no joke) have narcolepsy. Its a pretty messed up sleeping disorder (read more here) and it's currently untreated. As a result I experience sleep paralysis about 3 times a week. Sometimes more. And not only that, it comes with "hypnagogic hallucinations." That's when your brain starts dreaming on top of reality. The combo of the two make it really easy to believe anything you hallucinate, especially if what you dream of has something to do with aliens. That being said...

1. How old was you when it first happened / which area was you located?
WERE you...pet peeve. I was about 13. I don't understand what you're asking after that.

2. How long has it been going on/does it still happen?
Since I was about 13 and yes it does. All the time.

3. What you saw (if anything).
Geeze, I saw one of my parents walk through a door with a knife. I saw a dog walking on its back two legs like a person. I heard my name being called. I saw my roommate come into my room, stare at me, then disappear. The list goes on. All hallucinations though.

4. What happened?
I was paralyzed, my breathing and heartbeat changed, I was "out of it" and believing in some of the hallucinations, at least for a while.

5. How long did it last?
On average, about 3 to 5 minutes.

6. Were you able to do anything to stop it?
Sometimes. I try counting down from five and trying to move. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

7. Are you a religious person? (elaborate)
No....I'm not.

8. Were you contacted by something, if so what did t/they say?
Nope. Nothing real.

9. Did the experience feel positive / negative.
It felt like i was paralyzed and hallucinating. It just was.

10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself)
Just freaked out a little.

Good luck in your quest for truth.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have had S-P for as long as i can remember, i am 45 now. My first episode happened at night and fully awake lying in my bed trying to get to sleep, i felt there was something in my room with me and did not want to close my eyes, i think i was about 5 or 6 year old.

Soon i felt something invisable lay on top of me, it totally imobalised me, my whole body was paralysed it felt like a heavy weight was on me. I remember clearly what it felt like, i can only describe it like wearing a heavy suit. I tried to fight it, but only been around 6yrs old i soon started to panic, after some time i regained control of my body and fell asleep some hours later.

This happened on a regular basis after this, atleast once a week some times twice, i some times knew when it was going to happen, i have this weird thing happen with my eye sight, its like looking at things through the wrong end of a pair of binoculars everthing looks far away or i start seeing things that are not there animals or strange shapes that are alot darker than the darkness in my room.

Sometimes it happened when i was awake sometimes when asleep, it did not matter where i was, but if i stayed some where new it would not happen for a few days, i always thought when this happened that what ever was "attacking" me could not find me, more of a feeling than a thought realy.

I always dreaded going to bed when i was young and would often fall asleep down stairs. It wasn't till i was in my late teens that i started to read about this subject and i heard all the ideas and scientific reasoning behind this, but not realy sure what to believe. One thing i did read was of alien obduction, people who went through this asked for it at some subconscious level or even agreed to be a willing participant and it was surpressed at a subconscious level, but for those wishing not to be part of this any more would only need to think each night to be left alone or to end the tests and it would stop.

I am not a real religious person, i dont go to church but i do believe in god and the devil, in good and evil as enitties, and when these episodes continued into my late twenties and early thirties i knew i needed to do something and stop being a "victim" and a new idea came to me of prayers, what if prayers coould be used like a protective shield? So i started to reciting the Lords prayer at each "attack", at first i panicked before i could complete it but after awhile i managed to get it right and it started to work.

So this was a help but it continued and then i remembered about thinking it to stop, i tried this and it stopped about when i was 35 or 36 but had another episode about 6months ago but cut this short by reciting the Lords prayer again.

Through out my life i have had some crazy stuff happen to me: hole in my skull, out of body experience's, once when i was about 3 or 4 i was taken out of my cot and placed onto my parents bed by a "lady in white". There is alot more to my story than just S-P ...........

edit on 18-8-2011 by panicman66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
.....Just relax.... instead of focusing on trying to wake up or flying into a panic, focus all of your attention on just wiggling your little finger....

If you've had an episode of sp more than a dozen times I don't understand why you still find it terrifying.

No, I am not responding to anyone in particular. Just thinking outloud.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I've had it at least once in my life this last year I was awake with my arm outstretched toward my bedroom door and it had black patches I'd equate to something like a zombie on it and I remember I kept trying to say help me, help me in this weird and very strained voice again I would say was like a zombie.

I would not equate this to ufo's but i might believe it was an outside force.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I was 19 when it first happened.. I was living in South Florida

It went on frequently for a few months. Then it would happen randomly for a year or so. It's been months since my last experience

3. What you saw (if anything)

This actually would change. my first encounter was with a female figure who hid her face and was sitting at the edge of my bed. She went to grab my leg when I finally woke up (at least if felt like I was asleep) and she was still there even after I opened my eyes. Other times I would see the head of a reptilian figure that opened and closed its mouth as if it were talking, but no words came out (this figure appeared in more than one occasion). Other what I can only describe as "hallucinations" have occurred.. I can recall a shark (only once) and probably the strangest one which included seeing little stars or something that look like stars on my ceiling with little figures roaming around them (this one happened most often out of all).

4. What happened?

These usually happened after waking up from very intense realistic dreams (some were even prophetic. meaning i'd have my dream occur in my real life to some extent). I would basically feel as if i were stuck or paralyzed and stare right at the figures until i could finally force my body to move. It got to a point that i would know after having a certain dream that i would wake up to some sort of "hallucination"

5. How long did it last?

The "hallucinations" would last for a good amount of time.. enough for me to clearly confirm that i was awake while they were happening.. if i had to give it a length of time I'd say between 10-15 seconds

Once i was finally able to gain control over my body i would sit up in my bed and rub my eyes a few times. this sometimes did not work, however, and i would have to get up and literally wave my hands (sometimes while yelling) for the figures to go away.. they eventually would.

I do not practice any religion. What i do believe in is hard to put into words.. some people call it god, energy, soul.. i call it the infinite

8. Were you contacted by something, if so what did it/they say?

I can't say that i was.. there was never any dialogue

When they first started to happen i would get kind of scared, but after a while i would just expect them and was no longer afraid. Its amazing what the human mind can become accustomed to.. so to be specific... negative at first, but then neutral after having it happen to me a few times

10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself)

These were my first experiences with "hallucinating" and profound dreams.. so yes i did feel different in the sense that i questioned a lot of what i believed in and started being more open minded to "paranormal" activities. I also gained great respect for the brain and its power. At the height of these experiences i did become a little paranoid as well

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I am 26 now and experienced it 5 to 6 times in last 20 years...

i was 10 year old when it first happened , location was india.... my dad was hospitalized and every one was in great tension we slept very late in the night ...... after few hours when i woke up i felt i cant move my body i had my mom next to me , tried to shout and call her ... but nothing came out of my mouth.....

nearly 5 to 6 times so far .... i didnt knew its called was sleep paralysis and we get other people experiencing this , i thought i was some sort of dream or something wrong with my nervous system... cause most of the time it happened i very stressed and i smoked much ...

i can see people around me in real.... once i experienced it while traveling in BUS , the bus stopped and i saw people getting down and getting in .... second time i was traveling on flight was very stressed , and hungry.... i took a nap and was worried if i will get food served by the air hostess cause if see find me sleeping she will not serve. and exactly when the air hostess passed seat i woke up and found my self paralyzed i was worried for few seconds , later i realized that it the one happening to me always , i closed my eyes and went back to sleep and woke up in other few seconds ... and i was ok... rest 3 or 4 experiences were when i was on bed , and when i found my self paralyzed i could my wife next to me , i started and calling for her and yelling , but nothing came out of mouth , it was like my throat was chocked up... but my wife can hear me making some wired sound she got scared and thought i am having a bad dream and she woke me up......

4. What happened?

5. How long did it last?

it always use to last for 20 to 30 seconds very scary till i realize it happens to me always and i close my eyes clam down and sleep again
It happens twice or thrice in every 5 years ..... never took much attention to it ........

Nope

never was contacted by any one but i can say twice it happened the day when i was discussing weird stuff abt aliens , magic ... and other stuff

cant say it was neutral...

i felt i lost energy , i was very weak when i woke up...

Sorry for my bad English.........
edit on 18-8-2011 by SandyButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

1. How old were you when it first happened / which area were you located?
It seems to have started happening to me after my dad left us when I was 12... I was a troubled teen and tossed back and forth between homes. TN

It started when I was a teen, but increased dramatically after I turned 18 and had given my life to the Lord, happening once a month to every 2 months. Thankfully it has not happened to me in the last year!

3. What you saw (if anything). and 4. What happened?
One of the most profound experiences was when I was working cleaning a house for a man, I knew he had a spirit guide he referred to as "the Watcher" it had been with him since he was a child, it could change sexes. He was really fond of this thing, but while I was working in his house 1 day each week I would pray against that spirit. One night after cleaning his house, I went home and fell asleep (it always happens quickly like I lay my head down and I'm asleep before I hit the pillow) when I opened my eyes I saw that creature in my house, it looked reptilian, no clothing, and it ran from the living area past our bed to the bathroom area. I prayed against it and it was gone. In the next few days I got report from one of my employers (who was the girlfriend of the man whose house I was cleaning) he had told her that when he tried to contact his spirit guide he would see it curled up in fetal position unable to respond to him, he was pretty upset.

Another time, my husband's friend had been coming to us for counseling. I was exhausted from taking care of 2 kids and being pregnant, I remember getting in my bed, and before I knew it I was out of my body fighting with 2 very tall demons, while I was in that place I saw 2 girls sitting on a couch and I knew automatically that this battle was over the guy who had been coming to us. It seemed like my strength was being drained form me, and I would pray and when I would get to the Name of Jesus and it was like my breath was being sucked away and the name of Jesus would come out strange, it didn't seem to matter how His name came out but I knew the One I was calling on and He responded, I was then back in my room walking around but I was not back in my body (still in a spiritual realm), and I continued to pray and my strength returned to me and then I was back in my body, and I called my husband at work to tell him what had just happened, and as I was explaining the battle and the 2 girls, the guy that was coming to us was sitting there with my husband and he had just told him about 2 girls coming to him trying to entice him to fall away form the Lord (right before I called him!)... but him witnessing me telling my husband what I had seen and it matching their conversation I had no knowledge of freaked him out, he had never seen anything like it.

But every time this happens to me, I'm exhausted. I am always fighting with some type of demon and when I try to speak the name of Jesus and my breath is taken away, but He still answers and ends it... I'm usually terrified to fall back asleep, because sometimes I would go straight back into it, and I always feel an evil presence in the house when this happens. Once when I happened, my husband woke to see a shadow figure with massive horns on the wall walking through our bedroom, I heard loud beating on our kids bedroom door, I got up to see what was happening and they were all sound asleep, but the loud banging was unmistakable and i easily recreated it the next day for my husband and it did take a lot of force! I thank God He has finally put an end to the years of SP!

5. How long did it last?
It always seems like forever but I'm sure it wasn't.

Only pray and try to speak the name of Jesus and then it would suddenly stop.

I am a Christian

Never said anything to me, but it always had something relevant to do with something I was doing or going through.

Always negative, as if trying to intimidate me.

No

Since I realized that God is Sovereign and in complete control of everything, my fear of demons went away and they could no longer torment me through fear and intimidation!
edit on 18-8-2011 by Grace0f4babes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

If you have ever had a real case of sleep paralysis please post the following:

I was in my early teens, and I live in South Western Ontario, Canada

It went on into my early 30's. When I was young it happenned about once or twice a month, up to 3 times a week in my early 20's and gradually tapering off until my early 30's. It has been at least 5 years since my last one.

I never really saw anything

4. What happened?

Most incidents I woke up with a feeling of a presence in my room, sometimes it felt like something was sitting on my back or chest. I could see my room and my clock radio so I know I was awake but I could not move though I could make a muffled scream

5. How long did it last?

Not sure, but probably not as long as it seemed, I am sure it was just a few minutes.

Sometimes I seemed to wake up as it just started and I could stop it, but if it was full fledged I had to ride it out.

Sometimes I think the sleep paralysis made me religious. Sometimes it felt like something was trying to possess me.
Seems silly now, but when I was 13, it was far scarier.

No contact that I am aware of, but I always felt a presence.

NEGATIVE and TERRIFYING

I often had cuts and scrapes when I woke up and one freaky time I had a square pattern on my arm (where you would get a needle) 9 tiny scaps in a 3 by 3 box.

Side note: my youngest brother also has had sleep paralysis

edit on 18-8-2011 by minettejo because: Forgot something

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Hi I too experienced sleep paralysis, it happened to me twice about ten year ago whilst living in London. There was only a few days between each episode, and I will say that they were both very very frightening. To awake, fully conscious and be unable to move, a horrible experience to say the least. The first time it happened I was going through a difficult period, having just split with my partner of three years and getting used to living by myself. I awoke as I said fully conscious, tried to sit up and could`nt ,tried to move my head and could`nt,panic set in as a million thoughts raced through my mind, had i experienced a stroke, had I taken or drunk something that did`nt agree with me, was this my life forever, how would I call for help. Thankfully I had accidentally left the front door unlocked and a friend who called around called an ambulance for me. This episode, which best describes it ended just as suddenly as it started, whilst in transit to the Hospital, able to move again such a relief, after undergoing every possible test I`m sure the medical staff thought I was faking. The second time echoing the first almost to the letter, the fruitless tests the sudden ending of the paralysis, all off which a complete mystery. I am none the wiser as to what happened to me, it has never happened since and I don`t recall any out of body or alien abduction memories. Thats not to say that it never happened , something Unexplained happened which left me and the "Doctors" baffled.

edit on 18-8-2011 by jiggyturbojim because: spelling correction

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

First time it was about when i was 16-17 years old and that repeats then almost every night, maybe during one month. At the beginning im was so scared - dont want to go bed, but then im learn overcome that fear and litlle by little have control it.
Later came to mind, something similar happened once if im about 9-10.
My location is Northern-Europe, Estonia.

After then im able to control it and even do willfully provoke that happen, then its happened less and less nights. That's ability almost passed, but happened again 2-3 times per year, and so today also, it happens and im middle aged now. But its only lightly scary and besides feared, im eagerly dive my dreams.

4. What happened?
The first cases and at the beginning i felt more than saw - and im felt paralysis, thats began at legs and spreads upwards my body. That was too much scary, but im not able to do nothing. I thought im rapidly struggling and screaming, but if that pass - blanket was in order.
Paralysis was like mild electricity buzzing, but my mind feels like my body would be vulnerable at every direction. Thats scares most - not only from above, but anywhere.
Despite fears, my mind was clear and i started thinking - what could happen more or im only just scared. Not at first case but soon im decided to struggling back, back to overhelming fear. First of all things were worse :/ anything heavy buried my chest and im seeing thousands of shivering hands in my face.
Dont remember how or when but after many times im able to control that fear and then it seem interesting. Ok, im feared always, but wanting to see more. Remember was like energy whirl and locate different places at bedroom, or still in my body but floating.
Today if that happens im immediately enter controlled dreaming, but nothing interesting happen - going out to the window and then get lost there
Thats need directed training, maybe im poor learner.

5. How long did it last?
That difficult to say. When its THAT night now, then it happens several times at one night, and then i try provoke it again and again till morning.

First times (young age) cant do nothing, just helplessness. Paralysis starts at legs and seemed inevitable. When im once able to surpass fear, then just willing to wake up and vice versa, if im fall asleep and feel buzzing at legs, then im able to awake immediately or if i want go to fly, then my will amblifies it. Sometimes im do not want it all, but its repeated during the night and then happens im not able to realize what im doing - its that dream or not. Then i see dream like im wakened up that nasty dream and so on and on - multiple fake awakenings.

Not at all any orthodox or common, but these things i feel at wilderness..., dont know.

No.

Some first experience was extremely negative, i feared when night arrives, but thats gradually easening and now i look forward next time. As i say - its very rare now.

Do not remember exactly, but so, thats very first time when i was about 10 years old, then i feel like i described above and was Christmas time in rural USSR. My uncle always bring that christmas tree out of forest. First time im was old enough and we took it together and that tannenbaum was in my room. At night i dreamed seeing that tree is bent over me and threatening me. Next day i required throw it out and so happens. Im never again tolerate any of things like that in my property - my dream was so serious.

Hmm, but no aliens

edit on 18-8-2011 by Konesto because: lost in translation

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Probably all through out my life, but 19 when I first knew what it was. When I was 19 to present, NW U.S., living on my own. Happens in my own bed.

Probably all through out my life, but very rarely. At 24 I began some techniques I found on the internet to induce it intentionally(with out any drugs), with moderate success. It hasn't occurred naturally in years, and I haven't induced it my self in a about one year.

I have seen at various times: a bright ball of light, vibrating from under the bed, floating skulls that burp, floating buddhas, a gunshot and the intense fear that I had just been shot through the head.

A floating blue cube that suffocated me until I learned to breathe it out. I had the impression it was teaching me this breathing technique.

Most commonly I have the sensation of being crushed by my bed sheets, or the fear of the sheets turning into iron and suffocating me. I'll have the sensation of levitating or falling infinitely. I often feel my feet being pricked with lots of tiny needles.

4. What happened?
Usually I will see absolutely nothing and after being paralyzed in a strange trance like state, I will fall into a lucid dream or false awakening where I float around the room assaulted by vibrating cabinets, beds, metal cylinders. I'll see scurrying, leering, demonic men, or doppelgängers of my self or pets I have. Sometimes I will simply be stuck in a repeated false awakening. In these false awakenings I can feel my body lying in bed as I move about the dream. The dream will be a recreation of my bedroom, but with sheets missing from the mattress, or other anomalous details.

5. How long did it last?
It varies. When I induce it my self, I enter the paralysis and then fall into extremely intense dreams. When it happens naturally, I come up out of intense dreams into the paralysis and then go back into a dream before waking up with any rational sense.

No. And its hard for me to describe the feeling of knowing what is going on but still being completely overwhelmed by it and not being able to do anything.

No.
I was raised roman catholic. Stopped being forced to go to church when I started doing the goth thing in high school. Claimed to be atheist but was extremely superstitious for a long time (hence my membership to this site). I stopped being superstitious when I grew up and realized I wasn't the center of the universe.
Over the past couple years I've gotten into mediation, shamanism, Carl Jung, and I'll say I've got my foot in the door towards becoming a well adjusted human being with a strong sense of spirituality, squaring the circle and all that. And if it wasn't for my pursuit of science (biochem major), I wouldn't have an understanding of philosophy or the methods necessary to explore my subjective experiences with out being consumed by them.

I've yet to experience an entity contact in sleep paralysis or anything else I've explored. I'm comfortable with being proven wrong, but I doubt an "entity" would be anything other than a product of my own mind/unconscious mind. There was the blue cube from question 2, but it was more like an amplified experience of something I was already aware of. Calm breathing is good for you.

There are always surges of adrenaline and fight/flight responses. I've become very good at just chilling out and letting it all happen, so I suppose I could say that it is positive.

After a sleep paralysis and the accompanying nightmares I feel energized and more upbeat.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

I was 22.

Only happened once.

I went to bed and don't remember dreaming, which is unusual for me as I typically remember my dreams. It literally seemed like I closed my eyes one minute and the next minute I was awake, but couldn't open my eyes. I had an overwhelming sense of fear and this fear was preventing me from opening my eyes. But, I finally forced myself to open them and I saw this 'thing' floating above me. It wasn't a grey but it wasn't human either. It did have a shape, but you could see through it.

4. What happened?

I remember praying for God to make it go away. This 'thing' smiled an evil smile at me and slowly rose up and disolved through the ceiling. It was only after it was gone that I could move.

5. How long did it last?

It seemed like an eternity, but was probably a few minutes.

See above. I prayed. I also concentrated on just moving a part of my body.

At that point in my life, I was seeking answers and truth and was open to different philosophies. I had very limited church upbringing (some Catholic, some non-denominational) but had always believed in God. I was into eastern mysticism, tarot cards, astral projection among other things but nothing satanic. And, I had just read Whitley Streiber's "Communion" not long before this event.

This 'thing' never said a word. I just felt like it was watching me.

Very negative.

I believe that I was a bit queasy afterwards, but it was so long ago.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
hmmm probably around 16?

It still happens (I'm now 21) but I have found a way to get out of it or I go with it and relax and OBE

on my first encounter I saw a "shade" or black ghostly form which terrified me at the time but I understand it now

4. What happened?
I was sat there motionless on my back and the shade floated towards me and took me by the arm and tried to pull me up but to no avail. I couldn't move and I eventually broke out of it by force

5. How long did it last?
probably a minute

yes, I just focused and forced myself to move

no not in the usual sense but since these episodes began I have become something. I fully believe in life after death and I now use sleep paralysis as a means to exit my physical body and OBE.

back to the first encounter I heard the words "stay calm, relax" but being 16 and not knowing what was going on I can definitely say I did not stay calm and relaxed haha

The first experience was quite terrifying but overtime I started to overcome the fear and greet it with a sense of intrigue and the "reward" I got from it by not acting erratically and being in terror was the ability to OBE and understand what the whole process meant. If you relax into it without feeling fear you just float away, very odd at first but interesting none the less.

No nothing of that nature at all except I had adopted a new belief system after numerous OBE's due to sleep paralysis

Hope this helps somewhat

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I was 25 years old, it happened 1 year ago. I live in Belgium, in a small city.

It happened twice last year, a few weeks apart.

I saw someone standing next to me on my right side. A black mass, unable to clearly see what it was.

4. What happened?
The thoughts that ran through my mind is that it was an alien abduction, as we've all read about and heard about. I first stayed calm because I wanted to experience something, but only a few seconds later I started to freak out and tried to cut myself loose from whatever was holding me down.

5. How long did it last?
I'm guessing one minute.

Trying to move, with all the power I had, until it eventually worked.

I'm not religious at all, I don't believe in those stories.

I believed it was an ET, it did not speak or do anything. I just saw a black figure standing next to my bed on the right side.

It felt negative the first time. The first time was when I saw the black figure standing next to me, unable to move so I freaked out.

The second time it happened I knew what was going on and I accepted the situation. It was a different situation, I did not see anything around me, but I did feel as if someone was pulling on the sides of my bedsheets, tightening me in my bed, pressuring my chest. I just closed my eyes and it went away after 10-20 seconds.

I did not have any aftereffects. But the first thing that came to mind was that most likely all of the alien abduction stories are fake, they must have all experienced the sleep paralysis.
Why did I think I was being abducted? Because we read about these things and our mind is powerful to make us think it is actually happening. Now I have become more skeptic about ET experiences and do not believe in abductions or anything like that.

I hope this information helps.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

25 years old - My own bedroom in Ireland.

A year. I'm 26 now and it still happens.

Nothing...I couldn't open my eyes, as much as I tried.

4. What happened?

I could hear someone coming up my stairs, and my bedroom door open. But as I felt it come in and stand beside my bed, I could feel it staring at me. Right beside the bed about a few inches away from where my head was laying on the pillow. Not a someone, but a something. I couldn't see anything, as my eyes were jammed shut, but I got the feeling it was something of about 3 foot in height. .I felt it come onto the bed, and could hear the covers rustling...the weight of it on my legs, and then move onto my upper body.

5. How long did it last?

A couple of minutes maybe..I don't know. It felt forever.

No.

No.

Nothing was said in this experience.

It felt as though whatever was there was curious, but also negative.

Just very afraid. I wouldn't allow myself to sleep for as long as I could bare afterwards.
No sickness or anything.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join