It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Humans and Dinosaurs Coexist? Yes!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Oh yeah , cos it looks liike a boar doesnt it, lol, and the decorations just happen to be on its back, yeah right. Anyway, take your pick, faith in intelligent design(GOD) or faith in ummmm... that we all came from an accretion disk around the sun by chance, and this disk came from a big bang, and the particles involved in the big bang came from......bahahah, I'll stick with GOD.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

So 800 years ago, in the 13th century, there was at least one stegosaurus living in Cambodia. And the great myth of Angkor Wat that arose over the years, decades and centuries neglected to mention the strange beast roaming the area that surely others would have been privy to seeing and at least noted somewhere. Other than on one wall at Angkor Wat. At least dragons made the mythology rounds in abundance

edit on 8/17/2011 by Nyiah because: Typo

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Whew.. twenty pages just to make sure I wasn't posting a repeat.

Recent information related to the dating portion of this discussion.

Enjoy

www.popsci.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
reply to post by Haxsaw

So 800 years ago, in the 13th century, there was at least one stegosaurus living in Cambodia. And the great myth of Angkor Wat that arose over the years, decades and centuries neglected to mention the strange beast roaming the area that surely others would have been privy to seeing and at least noted somewhere. Other than on one wall at Angkor Wat. At least dragons made the mythology rounds in abundance

edit on 8/17/2011 by Nyiah because: Typo

to me it looks like a cross between a triceratops and a stegosaurus. maybe they mated ?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ive been reading this site for about a year and find the bible the funniest debate here. Yes I believe the bible but a lot of you believe in something that is an even bigger leap of faith. The bible written as early as 200 BC - 200 AD by people who were there. Science and evolution written in the last 200 years by people who were not there. Most evidence for evolution can be countered with evidence against evolution. So who gave you evolution the Rothschild''s? The ones that wanted to eliminate religion? Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by TupacShakur

Unfortunately God is not our butler or servant. A limited understanding of God and what Christians actually believe generally yields that viewpoint though.

Surely this spouting of Christian values is off topic, I believe your thread is: Did humans and dinosaurs co exist, I'm still waiting for some evidence to back up the "yes! " claim.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Mate, I'm not calling the carving the word of GOD, to me it just seems to resemble a dinosaur more than anything else, not forgettting the other pics others have included as well. Forget the carving if you need to, I'm more so making the point that whatever you believe, whether you have faith in intelligent design or you have faith that we came from ummm.... what? lol, or yeah, science cant tell us that except to say we all came from an accretion disk around the sun by chance and this may have come from a big bang by chance, and before that well they'll tell you they have no real idea anyway, oh but it had to involve pure chance right? lol, and by the way it takes faith to believe that even an ape can turn into a man if you throw a few million years at it.

How about we leave it at, when I can show you GOD then you'll have faith in HIM, and when you can show me an ape(or a big bang lol) turn into a human by chance then i'll have faithin evolution.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nocheechako

It's a very interesting result. But be aware that the amount of change is minute and takes very sensitive equipment to measure. There also may yet be a more mundane explanation.

And as interesting as it is, it cannot explain how billions of years of history can be compressed into just 6000 years. Recorded history goes back that far, let alone that which we know for sure goes back way further.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

For all I know, we were spliced together from various creatures in an alien research lab eons ago in a galaxy far, far away. In short, I don't really care, because that's not the point of this thread. It's about the theory of humans and dinosaurs coexisting a short time planetary time ago, when they were from vastly different epochs to begin with.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Yeah I guess the aliens(and whatever they came from,and.....) got here by chance too

Anyway, yes back on topic, I tend to believe there may have been dinosaurs around with humans, but each to their own.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
reply to post by Nocheechako

And as interesting as it is, it cannot explain how billions of years of history can be compressed into just 6000 years. Recorded history goes back that far, let alone that which we know for sure goes back way further.

Who is "we"? What do you "know" what you read in a history book written by "who". Your on ATS don't you think that proving every major religion wrong might benefit some. Religion keeps people strong and together. How many atheist Sunday gatherings have you gone too. Organized Religion is the birthplace of democracy. And who doesn't like democracy. "The Rothschild", Kill religion and democracy with one stone good work.
edit on 17-8-2011 by sacgamer25 because: misspelling

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
The idea of man and dinosaurs living together sounds crazy only if you've been brainwashed into thinking the earth is billions of years old. If the world is as young as the bible says it is (about six thousand years old), then man living with dinosaurs makes perfect sense.

I remember this site.. www.genesispark.com...

No it dosen't make sense because the bible is a story book, written by primitive people with no real clue.

Creationists have never and will never "Prove", their theory, because their "and your", evidence is just pure faith...lol How can faith in a book actually be evidence?

How do you explain the distance between galaxies "visible light / lightyears", are the scientisit wrong about this too.? If our universe is just 6000 yo, then our skies should be almost totally dark at night and there should be no stars in the night sky...!! we should only be able to see 6000ly of visible space. Thats around our solar systems general vicinity.

C'mon Creationists, explain to us dumb science advocates how this is possible...lol
edit on 8/17/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I'm a Christian. I have no idea what you are talking about.

By "we" I simply mean those of us who make the claim. It's standard language often used in academic prose. Just substitute "I" if it bothers you. It's usually what it means.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread OP.
I don't believe humans and dinosaurs lived together. Using the "brass carving" as a piece of evidence is not correct. Humans are VERY creative and just because they drew something doesn't mean that they actually saw it.
Think about it as a piece of art. People draw weird creatures every day. It is pure coincidence that one persons drawing happened to match the image of a Dinosaur.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

I was not attacking you when I said "we" I was simply trying to ask how did "you me we" ever come to your conclusion? Did we read it in a book that was given to us by our government and told that it was fact? The same government that tried to govern god out of school? Look at our kids these days do you think we should have taken god out of schools? God went to my public school and likely yours and we were nothing like these kids.
edit on 17-8-2011 by sacgamer25 because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Stovokor

And what is your reason? Because some textbooks written by scientists with an agenda told you so? The radiometric dating system is obviously flawed, and there are countless examples of recorded history detailing dinosaurs long before they were discovered.

How do you explain those things? What reason leads you to believe them?

And exactly what agenda do you think that would be? The agenda that does not line up with your blind desire to believe in bronze age myths and magical sky daddies? The agenda that falsifies the nonsense from genesis? Do you even care about truth. If you did you would seek it out even if it turns your religion upside down. Science is in no way perfect but it is the best system we have to find knowledge of the universe and scientist keep a very strong check on each other and their work. What you are proposing would overturn decades of paleontology and geology. Scientists make their names by turning over the work of others. I am certain there are far more brilliant people than either you or I in the world and someone would have overturned it using the actual scientific method instead of feelings and faith along with a book pieced together over centuries that is based on other myths.

As far as radiometric dating being flawed, no it isn't. What you should actually say is I do not thoroughly understand the process. When people say radiometric and carbon dating are flawed they are usually pointing to the seemingly large margins of error. Even if the margin of error for the methods of dating has a margin of error of 1 million years your belief that the earth is 6,000 years old is still off by billions. Radiometric dating is extremely accurate especially considering the time scales we are dealing with.

So tell me, did all the dinosaurs of North America swim the Atlantic Ocean in order to get to the Ark before the flood?

Read The Demon Haunted World, you are in dire need of a candle in your dark world.

If you absolutely must believe in this myth than at least read the work of an actual christian scientist instead of Kent Hovind.

Christian Perspective
edit on 17-8-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz

reply to post by Stovokor

And what is your reason? Because some textbooks written by scientists with an agenda told you so? The radiometric dating system is obviously flawed, and there are countless examples of recorded history detailing dinosaurs long before they were discovered.

How do you explain those things? What reason leads you to believe them?

Science is in no way perfect but it is the best system we have to find knowledge of the universe and scientist keep a very strong check on each other and their work.
I am certain there are far more brilliant people than either you or I in the world and someone would have overturned it using the actual scientific method instead of feelings and faith along with a book pieced together over centuries that is based on other myths.

Read The Demon Haunted World, you are in dire need of a candle in your dark world.

How many scientist that specialize in Evolution or Creation have you seen in your life. So should we just believe everything we read in books and see on TV? Well if we believe everything written in books then we have to believe the bible too. So maybe believing what you read and watched on TV should be put on hold. Spend some time in nature staring into the sky and believe that a great artist didn't piece this together. Nothing this beautiful could be by accident.

edit on 17-8-2011 by sacgamer25 because: Was not completed

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

could explain weird creatures, nessy, big foot...more importantly...reptilians???

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
op, how old is the earth? 6,000 years or something rediculously easy to proven incorrect, by, oh let's see--> the previously given coral example. Coral is a good measuring stick, last time I checked the age of reefs were given in terms of millions of years, not something plainly a drop in the bucket of the lifespan of any typical reef? Seriously any number the creationist nutbars give it's definitely so low, most people will simply give their head a shake. Oh it takes a hell of alot of blind faith to be that irrational.

Can anybody on this thread say 6,000 years and keep a straight face? Can a planet recover from a moon sized impact in that time? How about all those creaters on the planet, really is 6,000 years enough for the scale of some of them?

If you are right and it's only been 6,000 years, then god created the fossil record and things evolved faster than they do, and the earth came with a moon. These people will gripe about the atheists not having an open mind but everybody's got a closed mind when it takes a mental disorder to believe in this sort of backwards stuff.... the proof is all around you open your blind eyes you silly religious creationist sheeple.
edit on 17-8-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'm more likely to believe science, but I do keep an open mind. Many scientific beliefs are often proven wrong and reshaped to reflect the new supposed realities.

That being said, it's not impossible that a few dinosaurs might have survived in the depths of a jungle somewhere, their exposed bones, bodies, or even live samples then being discovered by human beings who either described them or tried to imagine what they might have looked like.

I believe that human beings were quite clever even if they did not have the technology we have today, so being able to put imaginary flesh onto existing bones doesn't seem all that far off. Passing down stories of these creatures through generations or visual depictions also wouldn't be unlikely. Bad artist representations also exist.

Basically until science discovers a human body fossilized next to a dinosaur body (or a human body that dates back as far as dinosaurs do), science is not going to accept the probability that humans and dinosaurs coexisted. I'm sure that once such a discovery is brought to light, science will eventually embrace it, even if that takes a couple of decades.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join