It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone see the Daily Show this evening? - Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Stewart just pretty much covered for a decent segment the same thing we have been discussing. The media blatantly disrespecting Ron Paul. He compared their respect of him to Gary Busey on Apprentice ( lol ).

I missed most of it but just turned it on to see that last little bit. Did anyone by chance DVR that?

Was pretty funny and truthful though from what I caught.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
yep, I did, you must've posted while I was writing a thread about it,
It was great. Everyone should watch it at 1:30am ET, if you missed it!

There's some great clips of how the media ignored him that I haven't seen while perusing these boards.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Yeah, it was really great. Especially the part about Busey getting more votes than Pawlenty or something haha.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I saw it to. Ive always liked Stewart, and had a hunch he was going to bring this up. He again did what I thought he was going to do. It would be awesome if he had Paul come in as a guest sometime soon.

Plus, the video of that segment will be availible online at the Daily Show website in a day at the latest.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I saw it. Its disgusting How the media have been treating ron Paul. I'm not really surprised though. These media outlets are controlled by elites who see Paul as a threat. He doesn't play ball and They will do their best to discredit him and marginalize his supporters.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Yeah, he seems pretty legit. Although his brother I believe is a top guy at the NYSE ( not that it makes him evil. )

I haven't really heard him push RP like that and call out the media.. maybe I have missed out previously.

+34 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Wow, proof positive that tptb control the media in hope of controlling the people, and it's all the media, Fox, Cnn, Msnbc etc....
Here's a link to the show and the Ron Paul part is at 5:30, please watch this explicit example of censorship on an incredibly obvious and deceptive level!
Daily Show on Ron Paul
I knew Paul would face suppression because of the money his ideas would cost the powerful, and this is ABSOLUTE PROOF of a friggin conspiracy in the media, period!

Here ya go:

edit on 15-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

That's the same thing the media did every time he has ran. I know some people do not like Ron Paul's stance on every issue, but the guy makes more sense then most of the politicians in Washington. Need I mention he is at least honest about what he wants to do. I cannot understand why some people do not simply vote for him out of defiance to the established media for ignoring an honest politicians. The other politicians want Washington to stay as it is, without any change and maintain their power over peoples minds.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

That's the same thing the media did every time he has ran.

Yes, but he was not less than 200 votes from winning the straw poll, nor did he receive such a widespread roaring response from the audience last time.

peace
edit on 16-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Covering this story does not make stewart any more legit as a journalist, he's actually always pointed out the other outlets crap and bias; including their disrespect of Ron Paul.

Thats what the daily show is about, It's meant to appeal to the disenfranchised and apathetic by taking a humorous slant on the bias that engulfs the system. What better way to do it then to point out that Ron Paul gets no respect because regardless of whether he gets elected or not, he'll never make it into office.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I am with ya. The audience applause has increased significantly since the last election cycle. He is so simple in his solutions and all I hear from the other candidates is the same old speech. However, have you noticed all the other politicians using Ron Paul like statements but they sound fake as ever? Mitt Romney was not talking like he is now, 4 years ago. He has taken a page from Ron Paul.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I saw this.

RON PAUL is the one politician that will actually answer every single question he is asked directly and not step side around it with a non-answer. It is absolutely an amazing sight, a politician being honest for once... I would gladly intern on his campaign and vote for him a 1000million times.

Ron Paul... He actually has a plan and wants to help fix our country. What a crazy guy!

Better censor him... we wouldn't want any of our problems solved now would we?
Our MSM is a joke.

If only the majority of people in this country cared enough to listen to him.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Covering this story does not make stewart any more legit as a journalist, he's actually always pointed out the other outlets crap and bias; including their disrespect of Ron Paul.

This IS NOT about Stewart man!! Geez... No one said Stewart is trying to become a 'legitimate' journalist. I just thought this was a great piece.
I agree though about Paul's unlikeness to get elected, AND that the 'establishment' will fight his growing popularity, but this is definitive proof, and it is a genuine injustice to our society, imo.

peace

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
This IS NOT about Stewart man!! Geez... No one said Stewart is trying to become a 'legitimate' jounalist.
*SNIP* and read what follows.

Originally posted by Dance4Life
reply to post by buni11687

Yeah, he seems pretty legit. Although his brother I believe is a top guy at the NYSE ( not that it makes him evil. )

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
edit on 8/16/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I will be amazed if this isn't a scheme by Stewart to destroy Ron Paul.

Consider this -- Stewart is a smart man, and a huge liberal with a lot of hate for Republicans. If he somehow cared about Ron Paul, he could have been talking about him a lot sooner than this. Of course he doesn't. I believe he's sniffed the wind, realized that Ron Paul is not someone that's just going to go away, and decided to do the following:

- Be one of the first talking heads on TV to start covering Ron Paul -- gaining himself false credibility and ratings
- Invite Ron Paul on, get even more ratings, and give Mr. Paul some more "rope" to proverbially hang himself
- If Mr. Paul doesn't proverbially hang himself, Stewart can easily finish the job for him.

After all, if Stewart, "the nice guy who supported Ron Paul having a voice" turns on him, Paul really must be bad. Right?

Can't believe you would trust a rich arrogant jewish liberal talking head to have the best interests of Ron Paul at heart.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
nvm

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is all very true and disturbing. Last election (i think i even made a thread on it) A major media outlet website i visited with articles on ron paul all redirected you to HILLARY CLINTON articles! just another small example of what they do to him!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by eNumbra

If you cannot communicate with me without using coy and slanderous phrases, then please do not communicate with me. And again this subject is NOT about stewart, it's the MESSAGE! Good day...

You're the one who pounced all over my post prematurely and then posted an image of someone flipping me off when I showed you that you were wrong about no one mentioning Stewarts legitimacy.

This thread is not about Stewart but nor was my first post directed at you. Grow up and step off.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hilarious. I noticed that below one of the anchors the ribbon mentioned that Bachmann beat Ron Paul by a narrow margin, but that's as far as a mention of Ron Paul went. My guess is they feel that Ron Paul isn't going to scratch any of their backs when he wins, so why scratch his? These other politicians play by their rules, so naturally they'll do their best to keep pushing them up. The idea is to take Ron Paul out of people's minds as soon as possible. They don't want people to think of him as an option. I know there's at least two in this household Ron Paul can count on if/when he appears on a ballot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join