It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Krugman Calls for Space Aliens to Attack Earth Requiring Massive Defense Buildup to Stimulate E

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
ATS is spreading to the main stream....

Paul Krugman Calls for Space Aliens to Attack Earth Requiring Massive Defense Buildup to Stimulate Economy

Video at link.

www.mrctv.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Paul Krugman Calls for Space Aliens to Attack Earth Requiring Massive Defense Buildup to Stimulate Economy

Video at link.

www.mrctv.org...

Would you please tell me what he is saying in the video....my audio is out....thanks. I will say this......I looked up Paul Krugman and this man is very impressive....he has a Nobel memorial prize in Economics.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ggrrrr...I hate when videos will not play on this bleeping iPad...can you give us a brief description...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Hope this works for you ppl with apple products..

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Paul Krugman is on a CNN talk show, "Fareed Zakaria:", along with two other economist experts. They are discussing the financial infrastructure of our economy....and it's failed attempts so far.

Out of the blue, Krugman states that if the U.S. Gov't announced tomorrow that, Aliens from space were attacking us...we'd be out of this economic slump in 18 months. Talk about a show stopper...he said it with such sincerity...one almost thinks, he thinks this is what the gov't should do to solve our economic crisis. He said if that were to happen, no one would stand against the gov't for imposing whatever taxes were needed to fight the invaders.

You may get a different take on listening to it...but that is what I heard, without having a script to post here.

Des
edit on 14-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Video at link.

www.mrctv.org...

Would you please tell me what he is saying in the video....my audio is out....thanks. I will say this......I looked up Paul Krugman and this man is very impressive....he has a Nobel memorial prize in Economics.

He could be the Houdini of economics and he still wouldn't be able to fix our economy. Feeding the war machine will only make things better for the elites. The same ones that benefit from war now. Massive defense build up to help the economy.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yep...agree. But it is sad to think that people such as Krugman, somewhere in their brains, are actually thinking/voicing that it would take an invasion from space, to fix our economy

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My brain just entered a mobius loop between facepalming and wanting to give him das boot to the keister hard enough so he could go scout for us to see if aliens are coming.

A total war mobilization would be a deathblow to the economy (not that many things wouldn't be such). People would get used to surviving and spending on less and we would be seeing the loss of millions of people in such an event. Sure WWII got us a period of stability, but we faceplanted afterward until 1947. The only real economic growth we got was when the full switch back occurred and people were wanting to buy things again.

This comment almost borders on insanity because if there was an alien invasion on the way you'd have 2 things happen 1) everyone would need a change of pants and 2) everyone would start hoarding and deserting the production centers trying to find shelter. He's also supposing that we'd survive an alien attack with our civilization at a mildly damaged level at worst. That in itself is a joke that is so funny it is sad.

Most of the serious academic research into ET threats have basically concluded that the only advantage we'd be able to use is our homefield advantage to mount small team counter assaults to bleed them out in the long-run (basically we'd turn into the mujahadeen in Afghanistan but for a longer period most likely). This is being forgiving in the fact that if an ET wanted the Earth, they would likely try to use targeted munitions detonated in the upper atmosphere to target specific life forms they found threatening. A bio-weapon targeted to Human specific gene sequences would do it. No shots fired, just come in a few years later and take what you want. The research addresses things like this as "things we can't control" so they just set it aside and ponder any alien threat as one that is willing to travel millions or billions of light years to face us one on one.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

reply to post by buster2010

Yep...agree. But it is sad to think that people such as Krugman, somewhere in their brains, are actually thinking/voicing that it would take an invasion from space, to fix our economy

I think that perhaps....he may have been in a state of...extreme sarcasm.....

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Video at link.

www.mrctv.org...

A Nobel prize impresses you? Jeez they even gave one of those to Obama,so obviously they aren't special.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Video at link.

www.mrctv.org...

A Nobel prize impresses you? Jeez they even gave one of those to Obama,so obviously they aren't special.

Your sarcasm is duly noted...but...yes someone who has a Nobel prize does impress me...it shows a measure of accomplishment .....something to be proud of.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

“If we discovered that space aliens were planning to attack and we needed a massive buildup to counter the space alien threat and really inflation and budget deficits took secondary place to that, this slump would be over in 18 months. And then if we discovered, oops, we made a mistake, there aren’t any aliens, we’d be better,” remarked Krugman.

“There was a Twilight Zone episode like this in which scientists fake an alien threat in order to achieve world peace. Well, this time…we need it in order to get some fiscal stimulus,” he added.

edit on 8/15/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

Obviously, he is going to talk about an alien invasion rather than another 9/11-type attack or the invasion of yet another Middle East country and a subsequent war. When he refers to World War II he is referring to how it bolstered the US economy and in fact made the US the richest country in the world.

The Post War Economy: 1945-1960

Many Americans feared that the end of World War II and the subsequent drop in military spending might bring back the hard times of the Great Depression. But instead, pent-up consumer demand fueled exceptionally strong economic growth in the post war period. The automobile industry successfully converted back to producing cars, and new industries such as aviation and electronics grew by leaps and bounds. A housing boom, stimulated in part by easily affordable mortgages for returning members of the military, added to the expansion. The nation's gross national product rose from about $200,000 million in 1940 to $300,000 million in 1950 and to more than $500,000 million in 1960. At the same time, the jump in postwar births, known as the "baby boom," increased the number of consumers. More and more Americans joined the middle class.

edit on 8/15/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
*bump*

This needs to be talked about. FFS,a Nobel Prize winning economist called for a false flag on live television!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Interesting...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

top topics

join