It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Global Stock Market Collapse Watch

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
European futures are looking very bad, again

www.marketwatch.com...

MADRID (MarketWatch) -- European stock market futures were calling for sharp opening losses for markets on Tuesday, in the wake of a dramatic plunge in U.S. markets.

Futures for the FTSE 100 were calling the London index down 2.7%, while the CAC 40 index was called to open 2.3% lower and the German DAX 30 index was called to open 2.6% lower

ETA - US futures looking low at the moment again to

www.marketwatch.com...

SYDNEY (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stock futures were lower on Tuesday, with Dow Jones Industrial Average futures down 84 points at 10,642, Nasdaq 100 futures down 15.25 points at 2,022.75, and S&P 500 futures down 9 points at 1,102.50.

edit on 9-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

DAX +3,3 % at the Moment...big Rebound,lets see how long it lasts

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

I doubt it´ll last very long.

European markets are very beaten down and very close to a 52-week low (US in contrast is 10% above a 52-wk low) so some bounces are to be expected.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
After an initial rebound European markets red all across the board, reportedly being led by Total and HSBC. Ah yes, the sweet comfort of the familiar. I wonder if it'll go so far as to warrant a trading suspension today.

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

DAX +3,3 % at the Moment...big Rebound,lets see how long it lasts

Well, Asia's rebound didnt do too well, except for Australia (they got lucky since the bank announcement was a little bit before they closed) *Also, the same thing happened yesterday with European stocks.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/683f3f66de74.jpg[/atsimg]

And here's Europes rebound now...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89e3d0e08382.jpg[/atsimg]

Both screenshots from marketwatch.com

ETA - The graph on the right of the Euro stocks pretty much tells it all

Last edit hopefully - I doubt any "good news" is going to save these stocks today. Fall after fall after fall....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I think Helicopter Ben will come up with some short-covering wisdom and this mess will jump 3-4% right away.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
FTSE and DAX have fell down pretty hard. CAC and IBEX falling not as hard, but still falling.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/957f3d857970.jpg[/atsimg]

FTSE fell -5.45% for a for seconds

German DAX off 6%, led by SAP, Deutsche Bank

Edit - Its been about 10 minutes since I first posted this post, and now here's where the euro stocks stand

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48b6d75b62cc.jpg[/atsimg]

DAX nearly down -6.50%...IBEX passes down -4% for the first time...CAC taking a big dive

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This is getting really ugly.

Everything still in free fall.

Probably doesn´t bode well for the US opening.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

n/m
edit on 9-8-2011 by StarryNights because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Yep i think you are so right....I had a feeling last yr all those camps would be used in the not so distant future.Very scary indeed...Sure hope most of us can survive on the outside...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by StarryNights

Gold seems extremely overbought. It´s about $200 above its 50-day moving average and $300 above its 200-day MA. A major correction seems inevitable and is probably pretty imminent.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
what the heck happened in Australia today.. that was mad..

we'd lost billions quick and sharp... and while everyone else tappered off.. we jumped, rose and actually ended with a gain today?

thats dodgy!
2ndly, now don’t get me wrong, the kiwi ww2 vet who died, she was no doubt an national treasure… but surely this economic crisis deserved FRONT PAGE !....

I bloody hate it, the media, Murdoch bankers… its disgusting why cant they just tell the f’n TRUTH!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by galdur

Gold seems extremely overbought. It´s about $200 above its 50-day moving average and $300 above its 200-day MA. A major correction seems inevitable and is probably pretty imminent.
Could you be a bit more specific about what you mean by imminent? I agree gold is rising too sharply and is due for a correction, but I think it's not going to be that soon. I'm a total market beginner, but if it was my call, I'd say not for a few weeks for sure.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Manawydan

Not today or this week probably but most likely this month. The overbought technical signals are very extreme to say the least, that´s why I used the word imminent, soon is probably a more appropriate wording.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by galdur

I just saw your reply after i deleted the post above...After reading what someone said i am wondering if gold IS a good investment.Maybe nothing really is if we have a complete collapse....sigh

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

It may very well be an excellent long term investment, I don´t really have a clue about that. I´m just viewing the present trading technicals. It is in an exponential rise, a j-curve and they always crash sooner or later. We saw a similar curve in silver crash 40% recently.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
So..Any predictions for today ladies and gentleman?
second line

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au
So..Any predictions for today ladies and gentleman?
second line

Short covering bounce at the open, then more decline.

The market needs to check if the bottom from a year ago holds. The European markets are currently undergoing this process and trading just about at that level..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by Shenon

by]

Last edit hopefully - I doubt any "good news" is going to save these stocks today. Fall after fall after fall....

What about QE3? It's rumored to be announced at the Fed meeting at 2:15 today.

Either way, I really hope it isn't announced. The last thing we need is more inflation.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
what the heck happened in Australia today.. that was mad..

we'd lost billions quick and sharp... and while everyone else tappered off.. we jumped, rose and actually ended with a gain today?

thats dodgy!
2ndly, now don’t get me wrong, the kiwi ww2 vet who died, she was no doubt an national treasure… but surely this economic crisis deserved FRONT PAGE !....

I bloody hate it, the media, Murdoch bankers… its disgusting why cant they just tell the f’n TRUTH!

No idea but just to speculate. Inside trading? Government intervention into the stock market? The two major banks (Commonwealth and Westpac) announcing interest rate cuts on some of their fixed home loans? Would company buy backs of their stock be a possibility?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I think the DAX is going to be the big loser today in the Euro stocks its almost at 2% lost and the Swiss markets just above 2% but in 4 hours, we still have till 11 AM Eastern Standard Time until they close.

Whatever Bernanke announces during the time the North American markets open they will take a hit.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join