It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP....Just read the SECRET BOOK OF JOHN...Those who have and understand pls HELP

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Six Questions about the Soul

I asked the Savior, “Lord, will every soul be saved and enter the pure light?”

He replied, “You are asking an important question, one it will be impossible to answer for anyone who is not a member of the unmoved race. They are the people upon whom the Spirit of Life will descend and the power will enable them to be saved and to become perfect and worthy of greatness. They expunge evil from themselves and they will care nothing for wickedness, wanting only that which is not corrupt. They will achieve freedom from rage, envy, jealousy, desire, or craving.”

“The physical body will negatively effect them. They wear it as they look forward to the time when they will meet up with those who will remove it. Those people deserve indestructible eternal life. They endure everything, bearing up under everything that happens so that they can deserve the good and inherit life eternal.”

Then I asked him, “Lord, what about the souls who didn’t do these things even though the Spirit of Life’s power descended on them?“

He answered, “If the Spirit descends to people they will be transformed and saved. The power descends on everyone and, without it, no one can even stand up. After they are born, if the Spirit of Life increases in them, power comes to them and their souls are strengthened. Nothing then can leave them astray into wickedness. But if the artificial spirit comes into people, it leads them astray.”

Then I said, “Lord, when souls come out of the flesh where do they go?”

He replied, smiling, “If the soul is strong it has more of power than it has of the artificial spirit and so it flees from wickedness. With the assistance of the Incorruptible One that soul is saved and it attains eternal rest.”

I then asked him, “Lord, what of the souls of the people who do not know whose people they are? Where do they go?”

He responded, “In those people the artificial spirit has grown strong and they have gone astray. Their souls are burdened, drawn to wickedness, and cast into forgetfulness.”

“When they come forth from the body, such a soul is given over to the powers created by the rulers, bound in chains, and cast into prison again. Around and around it goes until it manages to become free from forgetfulness through knowledge. And so, eventually, it becomes perfect and is saved.”

Then I asked, “Lord, how does the soul shrink down so as to be able to enter its mother or a man?

He was happy that I asked this and said, “You are truly blessed because you have understood. The soul should be guided by another within whom is the Spirit of Life. It will be saved by that means and accordingly will not have to enter a body again.

And I said, “Lord, what happens to the souls of people who achieved true knowledge, but who turned away from it?”

He said to me, “Demons of poverty will take them to a place where there is no possibility of repentance. There they will stay until the time when those who blasphemed against the spirit will be tortured and subjected to punishment forever.”

I asked, “Lord, where did the artificial spirit come from?”

And he told me:

[url=http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-davies.html]LINK

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hi ...after reading your post and wanting to reply I have only this to offer .... www.believer.com... take your time and prayerfully study the word ....peace

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
Hi ...after reading your post and wanting to reply I have only this to offer .... www.believer.com... take your time and prayerfully study the word ....peace

Thank you so much for any help

I will read that right now.

LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

hey there,

Ive never read this book but it seems very interesting and will check it out S&F for that

Im just curious what brought you to that book? are you a christian?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You would be correct on one point. The great verse of modern Christianity is an interpolation. Those were the words of John. Not of Jesus. Most scholars will also agree. its also established in several texts. Google For God so loved the world+interpolation. The truth is there for anyone who seeks.

Saved by grace is a fantasy sold by the early catholic church. Something for nothing. a sucker draw. Jesus taught nothing of the sort.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yes I am a christian, but not a blue printer.
Someone was discussing it on a spitirtual thread.

Lotza luv

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
You would be correct on one point. The great verse of modern Christianity is an interpolation. Those were the words of John. Not of Jesus. Most scholars will also agree. its also established in several texts. Google For God so loved the world+interpolation. The truth is there for anyone who seeks.

Saved by grace is a fantasy sold by the early catholic church. Something for nothing. a sucker draw. Jesus taught nothing of the sort.

I dont believe in the saved by grace or faith alone either.
I didnt even need to google the verse. For GOD so loved the world,
He gave his only begotten son.
I do agree with you on the sucker draw. I consider it Lazy.

Whats is you're take on the secret book?
Have you ever read it??

LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

You ask some big questions, the answers to which it took me a long time to discover and understand. Right now I am preparing a thread on the Council of Nicaea, the Ecumenical Councils that followed, the Canonized Bible - which resulted from these Councils - and the persecution of opposing viewpoints by the Catholic Vatican. However at the moment I am in the middle of my work week and it is slowing me down - extra hours to cover vacationing coworkers. Now there is a common belief that at the Council of Nicaea the Bible was edited this is a false generalization which I am guilty of as well. Now corrected from my recent research I know that the Council of Nicaea was only part of the process, but it was an important part since it was through this first Council that Catholicism received it's endorsement from the Pagan Roman Emperor Constantine as the new official religion of the now Holy Roman Empire.

Before the fundamentalists begin to attack - no this is not based on Dan Brown's writings, or even the one book from which he took the fiction "The Davinci Code" from; Holy Blood, Holy Grail. This comes from reading many, many books over the course of many, many years of personal historical research. The reason I became interested in history is unrelated to religion in any way. But once I was interested in history I needed to understand the reason for the hypocrisy between the teachings of Catholicism and the actions of some of it's clerics and the actions of the Vatican historically.

In order to understand the ideas you ask about I would suggest reading the books of Zecheria Sitchin who has done a lot of work on the ancient tablets from the first civilization we have any akashic record of; Sumeria. These tablets have never fit into accepted archeological theories, and therefore have been assigned storage in forgotten basements of museums around the world, and therefore the dustbin of history.

I should point out that I am a Christian. Mentioning the books of Sitchin will probably bring another wave of antagonism here so I thought I should mention that I am a believer, but I am not a Catholic any longer!. Nothing in the writings of Sitchin is threatening to the Christian faith in that he is explaining things which predate Christianity by at least 3000 years, still some are threatened. I think the animosity from fundamental Christians comes from the fact that he shows older and more detailed versions of the story of Adam (real name Adapa) and Eve, and the story of Noah (real name Utnapishtam) and the flood. From studying history I can tell you that whenever a new faith has come along elements and stories from the old faith are almost always incorporated into the new to assist us stubborn humans in making the transition. Also it should be mentioned that the Sumerians gave us many things which we still use today, such as playing cards, signs of the zodiac, the symbol we use for the medical profession to this day, and they even knew of Uranus about 5000 years before we discovered it. They accomplished this last without the benefit of lenses or telescopic equipment of any sort.

I always wondered about the many gods of paganism and Zecheria presents a plausible theory and backs it up with evidence till sometimes you wish he would just get on with the story.

As for the One, this is how I now think of God. And to understand it I would suggest starting with the Upanishads. (Here come the fundamentalists again) It is said to be the oldest scripture on the planet, although it was handed down verbally through generations before it was committed to print. It basically says - and I greatly summarize here - that there is a spark of God in each of us and that we should listen to the "small, still voice inside of us which is the voice of God. Not very threatening huh? Still this and enlightenment have caused many to proclaim that the followers believe they are God, this is a gross simplification and utterly untrue.

To continue to understand the idea of the One, I would also like to suggest you look at The Secret Teachings Of All Ages, by Manly P. Hall, specifically the part on the Kabalah and what it says about the Sacred Geometry explanation for the origin of Creation. It is an unlikely source and one that will get me jeered at, but I always remember what my personal hero Thomas Jefferson said, and I paraphrase from memory; Question literally everything, including religion.

This part of the One is difficult to understand at first until you realize that it is merely rational thought applied to the Creation of the world.

Most of the time Christians will view God as a creature, complete with a personality and human failings, and the God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament can be seen to behave completely different. The God of the Old Testament is a vengeful and fearful God who demands fear from his followers and is quick to punish sins severely, while the God of the New Testament is much more forgiving and understanding and milder in comparison. This always bothered me as well.

You are right to read the Apocrypha. Personally if someone or some group asks me to trust them and then hides certain materials (Apocrypha, Psuedoepigrapha) from me, I want to know what they are hiding and why. God gave us a brain and rational thought. He would not have given this to us if he did not intend for us to use them. The idea that he did not intend us to use them in the one are of faith is ludicrous and one that is solely rooted in the Catholic Faith and the Ecumenical Councils which began with Nicaea.

One more note here; whenever I look up the Council of Nicaea it says near the top of the page that this was a gathering and meeting of all Christendom, and yet, at the bottom of the Wikipedia entry it plainly states that this council was recognized by three groups; Eastern Orthodox (sometimes called Greek Orthodox) Old Catholicism and New Roman Catholicism. No where are any other sects mentioned. Since the main difference between Greek Orthodox and Catholicism is the recognition or lack of recognition of the infallibility of the Pope I feel that this does not represent all of Christendom at all, what it represents is a power grab by Catholics. Their subsequent actions of persecutions of heretics (read other viewpoints) and their literature through the Crusades, and the Inquisition not only bears this out, but are not actions of which any Christian can be proud. Indeed, to my mind these actions were completely against the teachings of the group performing them.

en.wikipedia.org...

I have more books which will help you on your search, feel free to U2U me. In fact, one book; Rule By Secrecy is by one of our honored members here, and another personal hero of mine, namely Jim Marrs. In it he explains the Cathars and the persecution of this peaceful group at the bequest of Pope Innocent III (Albigensian Crusade), despite the recommendation by Saint Bernard that these were among the most Christian people he had ever encountered and that the Pope should in effect leave them alone. Instead they were murdered down to the last man, woman and child, and they were unarmed and peaceful!

Hope this helps.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Hey you! I like your profile picture. Well, I actually have heard tales that explain this. What happens is, there was a creator race that came to Earth in order to mine gold. One of the lesser commanders was told to genetically engineer the existing apes on the planet so that they could act as slaves by mixing in their DNA. He was explicitly told not to give them too much power, but he defied orders and made hybrids with much more DNA of the creator race than he should have.

I hope that helps. I can't believe I am forgetting the details, but I believe it was recorded in ancient (non-Christian, but religious) Sumerian historical texts as well. Let me try to look up the information again (although it was pretty hard to find) in order to get more specifics.

First of all, just because this has to do with aliens does not meant that it invalidates the Bible or Christianity. We are talking about what is probably an extra-dimensional race anyway... the Annunaki I believe. Therefore, angels, Anunnaki, same thing. God might be higher on the ladder.

It only makes sense that there would be some cross-over between texts of different religions if we are to consider the idea that religion is more fact than fantasy, as I believe. They would all be drawing from the same series of events and historical lore, after all.

edit on 7-8-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Well, I actually have heard tales that explain this. What happens is, there was a creator race that came to Earth in order to mine gold. One of the lesser commanders was told to genetically engineer the existing apes on the planet so that they could act as slaves by mixing in their DNA. He was explicitly told not to give them too much power, but he defied orders and made hybrids with much more DNA of the creator race than he should have.

The writings of Zecheriah Sitchin.
The lesser God was actually the goddess Nin Hursag, sister to the gods Enlil and Enki, all were offspring of the god Ea (Ea - Earth), the race were the Anunaki which according to Sitchen means "Those who from heaven to Earth came". If anyone is thinking about reading these fascinating tales I would recommend starting at the beginning which is "Genesis Revisited" from there I would say the 5 part series; "The Earth Chronicles" would be next.

To the OP just wrote another reply while in the shower, but have to go to work right now. If it stays in my head I will send it along when I get home.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Thank you so much for all the advice. I will definetly check out those books.
As you I am christian but more spiritual.
I do believe that GOD does live within each of us.
We are temples of GOD. I also believe Golden Ratios are his signature on all creation.

I also dont like peope hideing knowledge from us. I believe they have no right to do it.
That our access to GOD is free without the restraints they applied to it.
So I am searching to get to the truth with out the lies mingled in it.

LOTZA LUV & THANKS

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

HI (thxs for the compliment)

I see what you are saying. But I am more of a Inner Dimensional girl.

I believe we all exsist here on earth but on different plains.
Like layered cake or blankets.

I do believe in the annunaki but not the way most believe.
I just havent made up my mind if they are Nephilum or Angels.
But because of the gold thing I am leaning more towards the fallen angels of genisis.

LOTZA LUV & THANKS

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Interesting enough but this I find difficult to believe unless the speaker is someone like Larry King who doesn't listen to what his guest are saying either...

He answered, “If the Spirit descends to people they will be transformed and saved.

The power descends on everyone and, without it, no one can even stand up.

After they are born, if the Spirit of Life increases in them, power comes to them and their souls are strengthened.

Nothing then can leave them astray into wickedness.

But if the artificial spirit comes into people, it leads them astray.”

Wrong. Something just doesn't sit right about this.

Not that there are any wrong answers... answers are answers but really,
the next question should have been "Lord, what is the artificial spirit?"

It doesn't make sense unless you ask this next. Not 4 or 5 questions later. And what parts of this are quotes from a source? Since there was no highlighting of text, it is hard to tell if these are your thoughts or from this alleged... Book of John.

edit on 7-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Careful what you discover as "truth". It's an interesting read but there is a bit of cloudy history behind it.

A book called the Apocryphon of John was referred to by Irenaeus in Adversus Haereses, written about 185 CE, among the writings that teachers in 2nd-century Christian communities were producing, "an indescribable number of secret and illegitimate writings, which they themselves have forged, to bewilder the minds of foolish people, who are ignorant of the true scriptures" [3] — scriptures which Irenaeus himself was establishing as no more and no less than four, the "Fourfold gospel" that his authority helped make the canonical four. Among the writings he quotes from, in order to expose and refute them, include the Gospel of Truth, Gospel of Judas, and this secret book of John.[4]

This information according to wki. There are alot of documents that were forged in the past, hundreds of years after Christ, that were meant to misslead the people. This very well may have been one of them. This document completely contradicts the bible in every way shape and form. It seems like if this had been a true documents, there would not only have been 3 "copies" of it found. The document itself mentions that one of the entities involved wanted to elighten mankind, but today we find no evidence of this happening from this same entity.

Just be careful. One can walk unknowingly down a very dangerous path, put there by deception. If demons were truely as idiotic as this document explains, then it would be much easier to cast them out, I would think.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

You wrote:

["This information according to wki. There are alot of documents that were forged in the past, hundreds of years after Christ, that were meant to misslead the people."]

This is a simplistic propaganda-argument based on authoritative 'heresy' lines. Completely worthless in the present context.

Quote: [" This very well may have been one of them."]

Similar accusations have been raised against the validity of bible-texts.

Quote: ["This document completely contradicts the bible in every way shape and form."]

And so....?

Quote: ["It seems like if this had been a true documents, there would not only have been 3 "copies" of it found."]

The christianities have spend a great deal of time and energy hunting down, destroying or hiding away competing religious material.

Quote: ["The document itself mentions that one of the entities involved wanted to elighten mankind, but today we find no evidence of this happening from this same entity."]

Mythological entities or paranormal phenomena are practically never evidenced in the contemporary use of the word 'evidence'. And just as with many religious texts, the whole thing could be symbolic.

Quote: ["Just be careful. One can walk unknowingly down a very dangerous path, put there by deception."]

Or one can be so brainwashed as to abstain from searching any information at all outside the 'approved'.

Quote: ["If demons were truely as idiotic as this document explains, then it would be much easier to cast them out, I would think."]

'Casting out' entities has very little to do with the amount of intellect implied in the situation. You're just making an un-informed guess.

edit on 7-8-2011 by bogomil because: clarifying editions

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Mividau

Interesting enough but this I find difficult to believe unless the speaker is someone like Larry King who doesn't listen to what his guest are saying either...

He answered, “If the Spirit descends to people they will be transformed and saved.

The power descends on everyone and, without it, no one can even stand up.

After they are born, if the Spirit of Life increases in them, power comes to them and their souls are strengthened.

Nothing then can leave them astray into wickedness.

But if the artificial spirit comes into people, it leads them astray.”

Wrong. Something just doesn't sit right about this.

Not that there are any wrong answers... answers are answers but really,
the next question should have been "Lord, what is the artificial spirit?"

It doesn't make sense unless you ask this next. Not 4 or 5 questions later. And what parts of this are quotes from a source? Since there was no highlighting of text, it is hard to tell if these are your thoughts or from this alleged... Book of John.

edit on 7-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

I gave you the link in the op so that you may read the text in full content.
That is an exert above the link. You should really read it then come back.
So that you are better prepared.

Not saying that in a rude way. But you kinda need to read it to understand.
The exert is of the only part of the The Secret book of John That I understand.

LINK TO FULL TEXT OF SECRET BOOK OF JOHN LINK

About the false or counterfiet spirit.
I see it as the same as false prophets and miracles.

LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Dont worry.
I dont understand the book which is why I did the thread.
Maybe there is someone who understands it and can explain it to me.
Have you read the book yet?

LOTZA LUV & Long time no see lol

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I suggest you do your own research. And.. Perhaps you should also read the information that shows in more than one case that these documents were PURPOSEFULLY used to fool people who didnt know anything about EITHER...

Now as far as your last comment, I think you stepped in your own pile there bub.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

What are you talking about? I read not only your post but the whole link provided... THEN did my own research.

Sok though.. You assume what you like. Just because it's a diffrent take on your will to believe something you obviously knew nothing about, save the message itself, you cant assume that I didnt read it fully. You assumed wrong. Just as the poster that responded to me. But hey, whatever floats your ark...

Like you, I was curious about the post.

Like you, I was curious about the message (link)

Like you, I read the message in full.

Unlike you, I found it hard to believe.

Unlike you, I did my own research.

Like most, I offered my take on it.

Like most, I gave you the source to one bit of information that I actually found credible. Not because it was wiki, but because of the 5+ other pages I found relating to the topic have said pretty much the same time, so Wiki was easier to quote because it summed it up in a nutshell.

Miss christian.. Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself...

I'm done with this post and for that matter, any topics you create on the subjects from this point on. Sorry for at least looking after you in some small way, to maybe offer some light on what some things may be. If you want to go around believing everything you read on the internet.. Be my guest. I promice you, there arnt many here that are any more informed than I, or any one else who has done their own research, for that matter.

There are alot of nut jobs out there, and ATS has more than it's share, and that, miss, is a fact. Attempted murderers read and post on this site, for petes sake.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You wrote:

["I suggest you do your own research."]

Been there, done that; 45 years sofar (the last 20 including gnosticism).

Quote: ["And.. Perhaps you should also read the information that shows in more than one case that these documents were PURPOSEFULLY used to fool people who didnt know anything about EITHER.."]

Religion has been full of charlatans from day one. You have just made a generalized propaganda-argument, which you then try to use specifically, by 'possibly' including the text, which this thread is about.

There do exist a broad category of this kind of religious material, which is as documented as you can expect. This category is rather uniform, generally presenting similar perspectives, thus each part supporting other parts. Well-known and undisputed scholarship.

Quote: ["Now as far as your last comment, I think you stepped in your own pile there bub."]

I take it, you refer to this (quote) from my post: ["'Casting out' entities has very little to do with the amount of intellect implied in the situation. You're just making an un-informed guess."].

Explain, please. What has the intelligence-level of negative entities (aka known as 'demons' somtimes) to do with exorcism (or whatever you want to call it)? Sources, personal experience or whatever you have.

edit on 7-8-2011 by bogomil because: addition

<<   2  3  4 >>

join