It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from Anonymous: Operation Facebook, Nov 5 2011

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Spotless

but how is trashing FB going to give them the awareness that Anon is looking to give the people?

All they are going to see is that Anon did something bad again to hurt their contentedness

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I dont like organizations that can't forgive neither forget.... if this is the way that they thik the near future, we will never ever have peace...sometimes we need to forgive to set a new corse in our lifes...this organization doesn't match my vallues for life.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

When the "bang" happens. Anons will probably release a video just like they did after taking down PSN network.
Facebook being not available for a day or two for no reason will yeald no results.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
hmm, So, I guess this is the information that the FBI receives when they subpoena Fb for a persons FB info.

What are the benefits of downloading my information from Facebook?
Having a copy of your information — whether that is on Facebook or any other service on the web — is an important part of controlling what you share.

In addition, downloading a copy of your information may come in handy if it only exists on Facebook. For example, you may have lost your mobile phone, which contained many photos you took using that phone. If you had uploaded those photos to Facebook, then downloading your information lets you get copies of them back on to your computer.
Was this answer helpful?
When I download my information from Facebook, what is included in the file?
Your file will include the following information:

Your profile information (e.g., your contact information, interests, groups)
Wall posts and content that you and your friends have posted to your profile
Photos and videos that you have uploaded to your account
Your friend list
Notes you have created
Events to which you have RSVP’d
Your sent and received messages
Any comments that you and your friends have made on your Wall posts, photos, and other profile content

Source

Also, Do Notice how FB is missing only one letter? Interesting....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ohhwataloser

I'm not a hacker, so you're right; I have no idea what can be done to prepare for an internet attack. But as former Special Forces, I can tell you that leaked information kills. In preparation for an OP, even in peacetime, the teams must go into isolation for the length of the mission before it begins, and twice the length after the mission. For a 30 day OP, there would be 30 days before (no phones, no contact with anyone outside the team including family, etc.) and 60 days afterwards. This is to prevent information leaks, which in most cases are more dangerous than mistakes made during the OP. To succeed in any war, discipline is a must, and I wouldn't (myself) do it any other way.
Like I mentioned in my previous post, these guys have given themselves 3 months to leak information, which can be used in subsequent criminal investigations. I can also tell you, as an ex-convict, they will not like prison...

edit on 8/8/2011 by visualmiscreant because: added comment

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
Photos and videos that you have uploaded to your account

Not to forget all those position data and other EXIF fields included in todays photos. Even if you still use a phone without GPS enabled photos you can extract the time/date the photo was taken, the device you used (iPhone, Canon...) and so on.
Just take a few photos, extract those fields and you can sell to some marketing company the shares of each camera/phone model. And that's just one example of other hidden data in your files.
And if you have a GPS enabled phone they even know where you've take those photos as it's coded into the photo. So a simple photo of your dog can show everyone where you live. Think about sharing photos is pretty important today.
Not to forget those pretty EXIF thumbnails that show what was in the photo bevor you removed/blacked out the 'important' parts...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

They have happened yet? Have they not? Not to anyone you know, but I know I can edit a Facebook page using Dragon Fly in the Opera Browser, edit your status update to say some terrible things, take a snapshot, and then send it to your friends. That is just one of many things that I could do. Open your eyes!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I sign into fb everyday, so when I heard this I thought it would suck if they did bring it down….but I kinda would like to see it fall. Like a friend helping me unplug from this social networking drug.

I like anonymous and I don’t…see like others have said attacking pay-pal hurt a lot of small business owners, attacking psn (sony) made a lot of people mad, but it helped the people because sony gave everyone two free games for ps3 and two free psp games.

And you can delete you FACEBOOK
www.facebook.com...

*****have to be logged in for the link to direct you to the submit page.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Holy crap. That is scary! Once you put something on Facebook, it is there FOREVER, even if you delete your account...

Gov could access this information, it is at trap, but it is probably too late since most already have it and are addicted to it.

Also facebook may be the mark of the beast F = 6 It's logo is an F! Who knows!?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

At least you can deaktivate any login and won't be find in a search anymore. If FB really delete all you stuff - who knows. But at least they pretend to delete all your stuff so it's the best think you can do. As far as I know companys today they don't delete your stuff as a 1TB harddisc is too cheap to let data be erased. I guess that they just set a 'deleted' flag in their database but this is of cause just speculation.

Maybe we know if those data got deleted on Nov. 5th?

If you think about deleting your account there make this to not wait too long. After pressing the 'Delete' button FB waits 14 days until the delete the account (whatever delete means for them). So deleting it on Nov 1st is too late

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Mark of the beast

YES

our message

edit on 9-8-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

ok, that was just to creepy. Whoever made that needs to work on the voice/sound part of it,..uhg, gonna have nightmares now.

edit on 8/9/2011 by mustangill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Back in my old /b/ days the slogan from anonymous "we do not forgive we do not forget, expect us" may have sounded cool back then. But now that I grew out of the /b/ phase, i have to say, the slogan is so stupid srsly it just cries out for attention, but w/e floats your boat I guess.

Now, back to the topic, I am wondering If i should start deleting things on FB and ask my friends to do the same same on their accounts. But if what anonymous says is true that FB stores info anyways, alot of people may end up getting screwed over this. While I agree that facebook selling information to the higher ups is an invasion of privacy and should be brought to justice in some way shape or form, what anonymous may end up doing is much worse because peoples lives are embedded on that site. The information on it is endless.

So i have mix emotions on this one, why not just bring facebook to court? battle it out the legal way, have people sue facebook for what they did. That is another way to bring that site down without risking the privacy of others.

just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It truly is sad that there are websites out there such as facebook, who retain information while giving people the false security of their privacy settings. This is indeed wrong. From what I've read, deleting your account does no good because they have everything archived. The same could be said of the hacker's friend google. Google has records of every search ever made since they began, with all your information attached as well. This is a problem that needs to be addressed in the courts (at least with facebook), because we're led to believe we have working privacy settings, which is not true. Google has never said that your searches are private, so this is a distinct difference. Perhaps this attack will bring needed attention to facebook's ways, and possibly get the courts involved, so I'm not judging the hackers. What I am saying is that even talking about commiting a criminal act can bring conspiracy charges, and evidence leaked in the three month period can do more harm than some may realize. One who talks about murdering another can get many years in prison for conspiracy to murder. And repeating myself once more for emphasis... they will not like prison...

If they are as concerned about privacy leaks as they say, why wait for three months more private information to be collected? Why not do it today?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone posted this, but this is what Facebook has become, and why it should be taken down.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

You see facebook can spend 10 millions on legal issues, just like you can spend a few bucks on a carton of milk. The amounts of money involved in this proccess can be big enough to kill. Justice here can only be done the old fashioned way, through brute force. The action that has to be taken is very drastic, but its neccesary.
People need to be shaken up a bit. Taking down facebook would be like a mini 9/11 where some would even go after anonymous (even when theres nothing to go after really). Like the video above said "An idea cannot be killed".
I'm very excited to see the snowball start rolling.

Btw the Anon slogan is way better than Obama's "Change" which now turned into "Please spare some change".

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

That video is supposed to convince me that Anonymous AREN'T a mob of kids?

It screams of angst-ridden teenage arrogance to me.

Worst Anon video ever.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
my goodness, it has taken me HOURS to read this whole thread... because i actually read every single post. i have to say, i learned A LOT - so thank you, to everyone who has contributed to this thread no matter which side of the issue you chose to speak for. Especially to Libertygal (i think i am saying that correctly) - you provided some excellent links that i intend to share with a few people i know.

I was directed to this thread by Forever, who posted the link to it in a rant i posted last night: www.abovetopsecret.com... - thanks for the heads up on this thread.

I just wanted to say, that quite a few times during this thread i saw posts that stated "the government already has my info, what could they possibly get from facebook?" - "they gave me my ss number, they already know who i am, etc."

I would like to try to shed some light on these questions, from the standpoint of someone who works in the courts (me). there is a reason why, during the course of a lawsuit, i will hire a private investigator to follow the opposing party. I already have their social security number, their address, etc. - i got all of that stuff via Discovery requests (production, interrogatories, disclosures, depositions). What i need to know about you, sometimes, in order to win my case, is what kind of person you are, what your character is. If I want to say that you are the TYPE of person who would do x, y, or z... then i need to PAINT you up as the kind of person who would do that - and I need more than your social security number to do that. Which Nietzche quotes appeal to you? What types of movies do you watch? What books do you read? What are your political ideals? Are you a Freudian or a Jungian? Lord of the Rings or Star Wars? Who do you communicate with the most? What is it you talk about the most? What music do you like? Religion? What's your favorite color? -- You would be surprised at what kind of picture can be painted of you, using this information... information that you think is insignificant.

having said this - that works in reverse also. instead of taking information and painting you in a bad light, so to speak. lets say i needed a scapegoat. all i would need is a profile of the type of person who would do x, y, and z. and i could plug that information into a HUGE database, like facebook, and i could easily find people, based on their "insignificant" interests, who fit a certain profile. then you just have to narrow it down by location, where and what someone was doing (so easy since so many people post their every move "boring night last night, sat at home alone, did nothing... stared at the dog"), tc. and wah-lah, you have your next Lee Harvey Oswald or Timothy McVeigh, etc.

And this doesn't even include what this information COULD be used for regarding plans the government has that we aren't even aware of yet. What if you fit the profile of someone who would stand up for your rights, someone who KNOWS their rights, someone who is educated, subscribes to certain theories... and you wanted to round these people up and remove them from society as part of a bigger plan. Don't even TRY to say this isn't a possibility, because history has SHOWN us that it can happen and HAS happened.

Now all of this may sound outlandish, and i am sure these are the most extreme examples. BUT, the bottom line is that we KNOW that behavioral profiling is something that IS done, and it IS done for more reasons than to just sell people stuff. Police agencies use it alll the time. Loss prevention personnel use it (hoodie, loose pants, certain age group, ethnicity = probable shoplifter). So, my point is that there is more to you than just your social security number and your address... and the whole "who cares if they know i watch this movie or play that game" may be more telling information about you - the inner workings of your mind - the profile of WHO you are than you give it credit for. After all, it is not our address or our social security numbers that define us... it is all the other stuff i mentioned above. Don't discount ANY of that information as insignificant.

I'm sure the West Memphis Three never thought twice about owning a Stephen King book, until the day they were sitting on trial for murder and their Stephen King book and their Metallica cassette was entered in to evidence as evidence that they were part of some satanic cult and that they killed children as part of that cult. Sounds crazy, right? But it happened. Someone is sitting on death row as we speak, with NO PHYSICAL EVIDENCE against them, based on a circumstantial case full of evidence such as books, music, the color of their cloths (black t-shirts, etc.) and a jury who was convinced by a crafty DA who knew how to paint a picture and use satanic panic to sway the jury in his direction.

I'm just saying, don't discount ANY information about yourself as insignificant. There is always someone who can manipulate it to serve their purpose, or twist it into something its not.

FYI - Facebook is fastly becoming the tool that CPS workers use in order to deem a person an unfit parent and take children away. Just because that margarita your holding in the picture is the ONLY margarita you've drank in like ... three years... and you only drank it because you were on a cruise and ... i mean... who isnt going to have a margarita on a cruise?!? But some CPS worker... or some divorce attorney... can make that margarita picture look like the most inappropriate thing ever. i have seen it happen with my own eyes. like i said, i work in the courts.

a little off topic, but good info to have : when i used to work for Allstate (Allsnake) we would use google earth to pull up pictures of peoples houses to see if their vehicle was in the driveway when the image was taken, and if so, to see if there were any dents or any previous damage to your vehicle and if so, print and document when google took the image. we busted so many people trying to claim previous damage on current claims that way.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

WOW~! I'm speechless~! Star for just reading this entire thread but, if I could give you 1000 stars for this info, I'd be still clicking on the stars for you~! Thx you for your experienced & professional outlook and information.

Due to a dream I had 10 years ago, which actually came true 4 months after I had it, but happened to a, then close friend, of mine.

I realized then that no amount of a clean character reference or a clean record will save you from a court that wants to put you away. In the dream, I was convicted of dealing drugs (coc aine) only under circumstantial evidence and unconfirmed 'eye-witness'

I was put away for 5 years, even though I didn't do anything of the sorts.

FB, the devils tool for sure~! So, the FB deal was a bust for Anon, from I can tell .. my wife still was able to login...so i'm not sure what the plan was actually for... but I have my suspicions

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Anonymous job is to bring Choas , and where is choas will be made mistakes .
It come along with the Idea of 5th november ! It doesn't matter if it goes down or not it's simplified the idea who efforts.

Personal , i love the 5th of November... I love the music when i wake up! I walk to my kitchen eat some basket and finally drink my orange at the garden .. next to my roses listing 1812 Overture.

Valerie
edit on 10-8-2011 by Vallerie because: changed 100%

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join