It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from Anonymous: Operation Facebook, Nov 5 2011

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Freedom is one thing... Its up to the individual to chose that freedom. Its not up to anonymous to chose it for them.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CapSolo
Let me start by saying that I'm Anonymous and I'm NOT on board! This is absolute insanity! Facebook helps our cause! Destroying facebook will sever a lifeline! It gets rid of a channel of communication. Even I think that this is crazy!

As a meber then is this something thats actually coming from anonymous or some offshoot?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Known fact: Every Anonymous thread turns to # full of misinformation, disinformation, and pure idiocy. Please regard any previous and future commentary and "intelligent, ignorant free discussion" as irrelevant.

Please continue with your daily browsing. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

So is anonymous going to attack facebook or is it some other group making waves?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Xterrain

If you was looking for terroritsts in your country, would you look at the information YOU created or the information THEY created? People like you are the reason why we are here right now, Innocent until proven.

No don't bow, that'd just be embarrassing for you.

How are people like me, with educations, careers, intelligence, and a passport 'the reason we are here now'? Were you raised in some Arkansas cave?

The days of picking sides are over, boy.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well, since I really didn't have anything on my wall and in my galleries, I temporarily shut down my Facebook account. Even though I had an account there for three years, I was smart enough to keep everything free and clear. I also sent a warning out to my friends.

Personally, I think Anonymous will eventually receive their comeupins in life. Karma has a weird way of dealing with these type of individuals.

Facebook is a very unsecured social network, but there are a lot of innocent people using the system.

No one deserves their privacy to be breached.

Imagine how everyone would feel if Anonymous hacked into "Above Top Secret".

Uncool.

edit on 8/7/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I told my 17 year old about this he said

"who cares, Facebook is so 3 months ago anyway, I have google+ now"

not sure if I should be proud or not.....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
With proclamations like "We wish to get your attention, hoping you heed the warnings as follows:
Your medium of communication you all so dearly adore will be destroyed." Anonymous for sure will get attention.

But by destroying Facebook, they will not just gain some new friends, but also a lot more new enemies.

I'll be one of them, although I liked Anonymous until this day.

But I don't need another big brother who thinks to know what's good for me.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eddy2258

Im getting tired of annon as well. They pick pretty soft targets, with little or no affect. This operation is a joke. Nov 5th? That will give face book all the time in the World to prepare and harden their defenses.

How many times in War did the one side tell the other side they are going to attack them months in advance. That is sheer stupidity. Im beginning to think more and more anon is the Government, and this 'attack' specifically, is a way for face book to test their systems for security purposes, while psy opping everyone at the same time.

Like DOS attacks are going to have any lasting affect in this World. pfft. meh, whatever.

anon is dead, and probably was never real or alive to begin with, and is still just an idea relegated in the "good idea department, but implemented by Human retards" dustbin of History.

Buh bye.....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Xcathdra > When fb is down for a day or two. The majority of users will definitely go "wtf just happened? why?".
It's one of the reasons why they would need to do this. What if they release 100k profiles with full information out of their 750million accounts?
You'll say awwww how can they do that, they should release their own information to the public then. But then people will understand that their private information is fully available for anyone who has enough money or power. It not only THE GOVERNEMENT that can take advantage of people. Its greedy, smart and rich people.

This is terrorist like activity, but it's necessary. People need to realise what information they should give away to strangers. Its because facebook keeps it a secret that its like writing your some details of your life on a piece of paper and then postering copies of it all around the country.

Please look at the bigger picture. Please look up what features facebook has added since the start of 2011.
You and other peeps don't realise the risks behind facebook and a the power that comes with information of 750milion active. Having access to a persons facebook profile can bring much worse consequences than having their detailed personal information which you posted above.

Anon doesn't want have another facebook without privacy settings so anyone could look up anyone in particular and get to know a lot of stuff about them. I really hope fb is destroyed during the attack. I'll do my best to contribute on the 5th. They might not understand "how government works" but they sure know how the internet works and thats their only weapon

Facebook has too much power for a social network. Its a real threat to our society as its a weapon powered by people to be used against the same people. If thats not obvious to you now, it will be in the future (unless anon succeeds).

Spotless out.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Spotless

I'm not so good with words all the time
but you reminded me to make this point

people who would automatically assume anonymous is behind this without attempting to find out if they really are - are the ones who won't even care about the message in the long run

it seems to me they're the ones who are most likely to believe the government when they pull a "false flag" and blame groups like anonymous

again I think waking up people by attacking their comfort zone is a good thing

I'm just not convinced any of this is part of the overall idea of people's rights and freedoms
especially when the people don't think their rights are being violated in the first place....

That scares me.

if this is Anonymous, people are going to twist it to fit into their own agenda or philosophies

even I'm guilty - I might very well be twisting it to fit my ideal that we can make a difference

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Spotless

Please... spare me the speech.

Who are you / anonymous to say facebook has too much power? I say by going after facebook you guys have to much power and should be placed in check.

To be ok with releasing member information in an effort to prove a point while hiding your private information is a joke and nothing more.

It doesnt change anything, and as I ahve been saying you are punishing the peple instead of facebook or the government.

You guys are pathetic and your rationalization for actions is based in fantasy land.

Please provide us with your name
dob
soc
address
dl number
all bank information
etc
etc
etc

If you demand transparency, then start with yourselves. Otherwise your tactics are no better than terrorist leaders telling their people to strap bombs on themselves and go blow themselves up for the cause.

You never see the leaders strapping bombs on.. They would rather sacrifice the people they brainwash to push an agenda they never clued the people in on in the first place.

Attacking facebook is not terrorism... Its pathetic... its hypocritical....

Above all, its cowardly.

Effecting real change requires hard work.. not the easy way.

Laziness is the problem, not the solution. Hard work is the answer, not some group of kids who dont understand how government works who are willing to use and punish the very people they want to wake up in an effort to make a point.

You guys are cowards and have no understanding of what you are doing or what the consequences of your actions will be.

At least the governmnt has the balls to list the people who work for them, instead of hiding behind the internet.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CapSolo
Let me start by saying that I'm Anonymous and I'm NOT on board! This is absolute insanity! Facebook helps our cause! Destroying facebook will sever a lifeline! It gets rid of a channel of communication. Even I think that this is crazy!

Thats a very strong statement lol.
You're as anonymous as those 16/18 year old kids who got busted in UK and US.
I'm sorry to break it to you but there is no lack of channels for communications. Im 100% sure anon community uses IRC protocol as their place to gather as it is the most secure place to chat nowadays.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Anon whoever they are (since contrary to what they believe/claim or whatever) they are not all of us are we are not all anon or whatever. I'm sorry but quoting and acting on ideals placed forth by a medicore movie based on a half decent graphic novel (V for Vendetta) via methods used in a anime (Ghost in the shell Stand Alone Complex) is not winning me over and is actually very sad imo. I mean what have they done besides try to act like they have a clue. True why what some of they say makes sense, however just like most with a "message" they have thought out the first step and not much more and even more so assume that everyone agrees with them and that the ones who don't simply have not come around yet. I'm really starting to think that Controlled opposition may be a term soon associated with these kids. That or the main consensus is already correct and they are just a bunch of idiots (majoritally) teens who have no idea about anything and really are as stupid as they seem. Pathetic just the same at the end of the day.

Trowa

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Why do you keep saying that they demand transparency ? They don't demand anything, its not a hostage movie.
This is the idea and its what they're doing all this for.

Transparency is needed but not a personal level, its needed on a corporate and political fields. Suicide bombers and internet hackers are no different, right....

Ok, Mr. Knows How The Government Works,
Facebook is not the cause for all the problems, hungers and disasters in the world. But we have to take it one step at a time. Anon can't and won't do all the work. Its up to people to see more clearly.

"At least the governmnt has the balls to list the people who work for them, instead of hiding behind the internet."
Hahaha, its funny because it doesn't. You'd be amazed how many classified "lists" there are.

Well, I guess you have no problem with the government. And because change requires hard work why bother ,yea ? If people can't handle a social network going down, this world is beyond saving.

Peace

edit on 7/8/2011 by Spotless because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Remember, remember the fifth of november . (that movie has a way of getting into ya eh? lol)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Forgive me for saying so but if the people really feel the need to perpetuate this culture of instant gratification than it is my opinion that maybe the people NEED to be punished. May be harsh to say but it's true. Same goes for the PSN hacking and how many people got mad about that. The seem to forget what's really important in life, just like most ATS'ers apparently...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by SpectreDC

So is anonymous going to attack facebook or is it some other group making waves?

No idea. That's not how Anonymous works.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
loldoublepost
edit on 8-8-2011 by SpectreDC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless
Well, I guess you have no problem with the government. And because change requires hard work why bother ,yea ? If people can't handle a social network going down, this world is beyond saving.
edit on 7/8/2011 by Spotless because: (no reason given)

There is no difference between the god complex of a government vs. the god complex of a group.

If people can't choose, whether it be to participate in a social network, etc., then the world isn't worth saving. I don't want one tyrant to be removed so that another can take it's place.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join