It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo 3? It Get's Worse. Blizzard Makes A Mess Of It.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Hi, again.

The folks at Blizzard are having a really bad week. First they announced that there would be a ‘cash - (cold, hard,) for- items- meaketplace. This was the end for me and I just decided to option out of my 5$ deposit at the local Game Stop.

But now, after already getting sick all over us at the end of last week, they are hurpin’ up some more in a game marketing disaster that will surely become known as, Diablo 3: The Sickening.

Now, on top of the cash for items system, it turns out one will have to be connected to the internet in order to play Diablo 3. Here is a snippet from MultiplayerBlog entitled, Blizzard VP 'Surprised' Over Fan Reaction To 'Diablo 3' Online Requirements by Russ Frushtick…

Earlier this week, details about the upcoming "Diablo 3" beta were released to the public. One of revelations that got the most attention was the fact that both the beta and the final version of "Diablo 3" would require a constant internet connection to play.

During an interview at last week's press event, Alex Mayberry, senior producer on "Diablo 3," discussed the required connection. "You can play by yourself but your character is going to be saved on our servers. You have to authenticate through our servers to be able to play the game. I think it's not just 'Diablo 3' but with our games as a whole we're tying everything into Battle.net these days...We can provide a much a much more stable, connected, safer experience than we could if we let people play off-line."

This was before the internet went berserk over the news that they'd need an internet connection. This posting on Reddit, for example, has more than 2,700 comments, most of them pretty sour on the idea of being forced to play online.

multiplayerblog.mtv.com...

A constant internet connection to play? Screw that!

I had decided not to play at the ‘cash for item’ point but this is reduculous and I thought ATS gamers would like an update.

So there won’t be any solo, single player adventure. They are going to force us to pay for the game and then also provide an internet connection so that it can be played. Doubtless, there will also be some social networking element and Google and Facebook buttons to be pushed. Who knows?

I do know that I don’t want that in my SOLO Diablo 3 game. Especially after I have already purchased the game; the way they have worked in the hidden costs and the cash machine is deplorable. What the hell are these guys thinking?

Fact is they aren’t even the folks that developed Diablo or Diablo LOD.

Diablo Designers

Erich Schaefer
David Brevik
Max Schaefer,
Eric Sexton,
Ken Williams

Diablo LOD Designers

David Brevik
Stieg Hedlund
Erich Schaefer
Chase Clements
Max Schaefer
Eric Sexton

Diablo 3 Designers

Jay Wilson (lead)
Leonard Boyarsky (world design)

So that is a good reason to have little faith in the game and to not buy it in the first place.

Deny Blizzard’s ignorance. Don’t buy it.

On the day it is released we should just play some D1 or D2 in protest. And then get back to Elder Scrolls.

Also see Vandalour's Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5-8-2011 by Frater210 because: Good God!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I expect this game to be pirated like crazy

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Ok I see how this is gonna become a "Chinese" farmers dream in just year or so after release. But this real cash for items auction house is optional players don't have to use it. Also there is a weekly free cash auction post available for all players. So you can post an item for free then have a chance to make a profit! Cool if you ask me. As for the no single player, does this really surprise you? Blizzard has to make money somehow and this auction system is the key.

As for posting this on ATS... why??

Peace!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is a mess.
I waited years for Diablo 3, and after awhile I suspected it wasn't going well. Blizzard seemed to always push it to the back of the line...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Yeah, that's it...I was peeved at the auction house, but it didn't bother me so much as I mainly played diablo II offline, but now having to save my characters on their servers because its more safe?!? Nope, blizzard won't be getting my 50 bucks or so.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
haha good diablo sucks anyway ...

whoever plays those crappy type of games then by charging you there doing you a favor ! lol

make you wake up and realize its really not worth the time effort and money ....

i heard people utter death threats over closed accounts lol

its serious horrible addiction that needs to be dealt with

didn't they open up a hospital ward in the u.k espically for this ?

anyone dumb enough to waste there time on games like this should pay a extra fee ...

nobody in the right mind would waste time with such reptitive games

this

WoW

and all the other same mmorpg's

emo's play these type of games to escape "reality " =o thats why they waste so much time on it lol

level up this punks ,i,, haha okay im done

edit on 5-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

games like this

Which games do you like?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

No diablo 3 for me then!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

games that are straight to the point

not spending countless hours leveling up

not spending real money on virtual items looooool this makes me laugh how some people actually dish out there hard earned money for a little video game e-status

i like games like crysis , amnesia , assasins creed , bad company , need for speed , sports games , counte strike , prototype , old snes , nes games , smash brothers etc

i like most games except these

mmorpg

i tried it i really did ! i gave it a chance many times

lol but its bores me how slow the game play is with the long leveling up ...

no time for that

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
By the way, Blizzard is selling out the fans that made them great with exactly the same 'I don't give a f#!k' attitude that George Lucas displayed towards his core fans.

Mighty fail, Blizzard!

link   

I would be very interested to hear what you think of the game " Second Life " ?

As for the point in your post , I tend to agree with you .

Can I ask the OP'er , were you thinking of getting the game but have now decided not to because of the issues you have pointed out ?

link   

I understand.

Do you like RTS?

link   
I played Diablo II more than any other game in my entire life, and I did back-flips when they announced this system for the promising NEW game Diablo III.

For one, this system will allow them to continuously update the game, and add expansive updates without that pesky little problem: Monthly Fees. And if i have a little extra cash, why shouldn't i be able to buy an expensive item? I could already do that with Diablo 2 through Ebay. Its called the black market.
They saw the rampant illegal use of the game, and decided to adapt to the ever expanding market. Its called progress.

If you wanna see a successful example of this market in place try the game "League of Legends". Its pretty great.

And who cares if you have to be connected to internet? That's the standard of new computer games. 95% of us have broadband anyway. Keeps you from pirating.

So yea, I thought the update was awesome. Blizzard doesn't need your money anyway.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

were you thinking of getting the game but have now decided not to because of the issues you have pointed out ?

Yes. I had it reserved.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
okay ...

i checked out : League of Legends

verdict sucks

RTS games maybe for like 20 min then its boring

second life ... social experince type game .. i might try it .. but checked out game play looks boring lol reminds me of a online community avatar game that i signed up for once .. it collected dust and faded =/

i need big guns lots of destruction and fast gameplay with lots of action excitement and fun fun fun

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonNova

I guess I am a purist. Blizzard better hope there are not a lot of us.

I would rather play Dwarf Fortress anyway.

I'm just not a multiplayer game type of gamer. I like my RPGs to be solo. I DO NOT want to log on to the web to play. Who does that benefit again? Updates should be released as expansion packs that are fully debugged and stable.

These companies want to keep these games online so that they are no longer really responsible for the release of complete and stable games. The Game biz is notorious for this.

By being on line they can extract your money at the register and not be held responsible for delivering a complete product. When I pay for my games I want to be able to take it home and play it and then I expect to be left alone by the company that made it; our business transaction should be complete. Don't you think?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Wow, we have a negative nancy here don't we? I was using League of Legends as an example of a successful game, not a reference to its playability.

I like FPSers too, but I dont hate on games I have never played. Graphics and explosions aren't everything you know.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I agree that you won't be able to pirate or mod the game, but other then that, you still have the ability to play single player.

Its not like they will be tracking your every move anyway, the connection is simply a security measure. I would still buy the game even if they put a dog turd in it.

Don't be afraid of change, it could be good for you!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

You sound like the sort of person who adores games like "spank the monkey or choke the chicken".

I bet you're a master.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Acrux! Manners!

The FPS crowd can't be helped. They will never know the profound joys of D1 or Dwarf Fortress.

Pray for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join