It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News: Disc shaped craft is spotted circling near Stansted!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
OK ... I was all for this until the final 30 seconds when he started saying that we got stealth bomber technology from alien craft and aliens that have helped us develop it.

He just lost all credibility with that (because everyone would think he is a loony). Even if it is true with no evidence to back that statement up he looks like a nutter now.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm taking it that it is not a police drone, since the reporter is adamant on the size, "larger than a helicopter..."
The drones are small, and the police have had to withdraw them 'officially' at the moment.
He did say blinking lights I think, which is rather mundane. Rendlesham Forest, is in Suffolk, which borders with Hertfordshire so maybe that UFO is paying a late anniversary return visit.
The other thing is that, there are plenty news stories about without UFOs adding to the list, and if this reporter was just a hack, it would be something to spiel about at another time, so, this is interesting, be it secret military or UFO.

BTW, Timothy Good, who talked about aliens and military UFO's in the link, is a long standing writer on the subject and just may be 'In the know' in certain areas, his remarks on the reporter's sighting show that his opinion is either alien or military, but originating from alien. Whatever, Timothy Good is not that bothered!

uforesearch.wikia.com...
PS, Forgot to mention that his first book was called 'Above Top Secret'

edit on 3-8-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
OK ... I was all for this until the final 30 seconds when he started saying that we got stealth bomber technology from alien craft and aliens that have helped us develop it.

He just lost all credibility with that (because everyone would think he is a loony). Even if it is true with no evidence to back that statement up he looks like a nutter now.

That was a different guy speaking at the end of the video, not sure who he was but he ruined the report and made a lot of people think the same as you did.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Interesting video, am I the only one that sees there is a missile or some such thing going
into that "ufo" ...then it explodes?

ETA: Yes I mean missile or "some such thing" as in manipulated video.

edit on 3-8-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
TPTB are testing their newest creations to see if people are going to "receive" the visitors as real! Don't be fooled, this is man-made technology and the ones that wield it are not working for our future but their own.

If an Alien should step out of that thing it did not come from across the Galaxy! It came from within the realm of Man and his mis-doings!

Reject the Demons and what ever you do don't go into the beam of light! They will eat your soul and take over your body to fool your loved ones! I bet I know a few folks that would pay for a ride, and it isn't money they are here for!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yes. The hoaxers worked quickly with this one. I'm guessing that video has been posted before somewhere and somebody saw the story, added a poorly animated missile, and posted it again on youtube. Sad muppets.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
TPTB are testing their newest creations to see if people are going to "receive" the visitors as real! Don't be fooled, this is man-made technology and the ones that wield it are not working for our future but their own.

If an Alien should step out of that thing it did not come from across the Galaxy! It came from within the realm of Man and his mis-doings!

Reject the Demons and what ever you do don't go into the beam of light! They will eat your soul and take over your body to fool your loved ones! I bet I know a few folks that would pay for a ride, and it isn't money they are here for!

edit on 3-8-2011 by kronik9mm because: quoting the wrong post

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by blupblup

Interesting video, am I the only one that sees there is a missile or some such thing going
into that "ufo" ...then it explodes?

Yeah i saw that too!!! Something comes in from the top right of the screen at around 18secs.
This is exciting stuff

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The video is from 'Edinburgh' 2009 on youtube, user is the same ID,

www.youtube.com...

Nowt 'to do with the BBC report.
edit on 3-8-2011 by smurfy because: Add text.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Sad muppets.

Yep, sad indeed.

And thats too bad, as this could be a credible sighting,
Though I am dissapointed to learn that many people pay attention to it due
to the fact thats its a "news caster" that claims to have spotted it.

Like we find news casters more worthy. There are many credible sightings,
like the one on the same site linked to this story, where a fromer USAF snapped
a photo. Now...that was an awsome pic.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

a common tactic, well spotted.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Well where are those who will shout out HOAX?

Cat caught your tongues?

Well now this is interesting to say the least. And he says he was freaked out by it. Wait a minute no it is not April Fools Day.

Disclosure?

Come on you lot, who know about all of this give us your thoughts on this!
edit on 3-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

The argument from both sides is getting rude beyond belief. I'm a witness myself many years ago and believe fully although I don't know if they are military or not. I also know that nearly all UFO reports are in fact bogus and always have been.

Not being a Skeptic is the wrong way to approach this. Being so naive as to think all reports and video's are in fact real UFO's does not help. It makes us all look gullible and stupid. Common sense should tell anyone, other than children who don't know any better, that nearly all reports are hoaxes or mistaken.

Don 't be so fast to criticize those who expose the flaws or the hoaxes. If people don't use common sense this will forever remain in the realm of nuts and crackpots.

Also I don't get why people do not understand that ATS is to debate these issues and separate the hoaxes and lies from facts. That is what makes ATS unique. There are plenty of sites for people who are so silly they think all reports and video's are authentic UFO of Alien origin. You can be just as much of a Troll coming from the side of believers if your silly enough to not know that most reports are pure garbage.
edit on 8/3/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

The video is from 'Edinburgh' 2009 on youtube, user is the same ID,

www.youtube.com...

Nowt 'to do with the BBC report.[

Yep, I figured as much. As said above, sad muppets.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Another UK media outlet reporting on this.

'Freaked out' BBC reporter tells millions of radio listeners of the moment he faced a UFO on his way to work.

dailymail.co.uk

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
One thing that makes me believe he had not seen what he thinks he had seen is the one comment "banked to the left". It is my understanding a saucer shaped vehicle would not have the aerodynamics to fly by conventional methods so if this was a saucer shaped vehicle it must have employed some form of antigravity, and if that is correct the vehicle would have no reason to bank.

Im probibly wrong but thats my two cents

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hey everyone, I've been on this site for years fishing for good tidbits of info. I must be honest and say what originally brought me to this site was by researching UFO's...

I firmly believe in UFO's... Not necessarily alien life forms but "unidentified" objects that defy what we think is "humanly" possible.

The gentleman in the video does sound sincere and honest as far as I can tell, but in this day in age, pull the darn car over, pull out your 4G phone, and take a freaking picture... especially if you have 2-3 minutes of time.

One last thing, since I'm a new member I couldn't open up a thread yet. I first saw this story on bbc.com website but got a nice closeup of the image from FoxNews.... Ya ya... I hate FoxNews too but its nice to see the flipside of the coin always... Anyone else hear of the Baltic UFO on the seafloor?

a57.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluwindRD
One thing that makes me believe he had not seen what he thinks he had seen is the one comment "banked to the left". It is my understanding a saucer shaped vehicle would not have the aerodynamics to fly by conventional methods so if this was a saucer shaped vehicle it must have employed some form of antigravity, and if that is correct the vehicle would have no reason to bank.

No offence but if it was an alien saucer or whatever then I dont think aerodynamics will really limit the saucers movement.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I don't know about that one...I haven't read past your post so I'm probably not the first to think this but......the explosion looks pretty fake to me, I say at the very least the explosion is CGI, if not all....I'm not a 'debunker' and rarely add my two cents; but this was just bad bad bad.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluwindRD

Sorry but how in the world could you claim to have knowledge of how an alien flying saucer could or couldnt operate?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bluwindRD

He did say saucer shaped, but as he saw it from below, so it's hard to comment on what it may have looked like from any other angle. It could been cone-shaped for instance, as in the Rendlesham forest encounter, (That's twice tonight I mention Rendlesham)
Anyway it's moot then to consider propulsion.

For the reporter it's worth noting that he mentioned the VW in front, and asking them to come forward, and the size, "larger than a helicopter, and aircraft sized"

IMO, this is an honest report, also the village he mentioned was Cottered in Hertsforshire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join