It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News: Disc shaped craft is spotted circling near Stansted!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Interesting that it is currently the most listened to/watched news item on the BBC News page taking the top position out of 15 topical news items.

link   
reply to post by ruffrider

You are correct.
Maybe this siting is related?

Search is on for missing 'floating island'

link   
Interesting ,Also now being reported in the sun and fox news www.thesun.co.uk...
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I've seen the same craft in Birmingham, his description is bang on what I have seen....another confirmation im not going crazy, if you check out this site

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

You'll see theres been a peak in sightings lately.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
Someone OBVIOUSLY tied 10,000 chinese lanterns together.

Makes sense.

Agreed, it's either that or a flock of birds huddled together tightly flying in total unison. The bright light claim is the Sunlight reflecting off their backs.

QUICK, move this thread to the HOAX bin FAST!!!

For those a bit slow, i'm being sarcastic...
edit on 3-8-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Embedded for you

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I like the way they don't introduce the "ufo expert" and just splice the audio together.

Obvious to everyone that it is another person - yet discredits both men by encouraging less convinced people that the so called expert is a nut for "finkin we talk wiv aliens haha" and the bbc reporter for being "linked/associated" with the nut who "finks we talk wiv aliens haha"

Very believable sighting in my opinion and good to see on the BBC!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If it was clear enough to see and tell that it was circular.. or was a actually disc.. u seen a flying disc bottom line

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Strange

What on earth are you going on about? all the OP did was post a BBC article about a UFO. He didnt state any intention to change peoples minds, and did not make any argument regarding the reality of aliens on earth.

How often is there an article regarding UFOs in the modern MSM? Save the typical charged rant for a time when its actually relevent....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Can anybody imagine even 15 years ago a BBC reporter phoning in to his mainstream radio station about having spotted a UFO and being taken seriously. I cant.

Very surprised. They could have buried this or ridiculed it with ease, but they didn't.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Wow some people getting really personal anytime anyone tried to offer any opinion that even sort of disputes the articles claim...

lol funny. i dont see any evidence in the article either. One minute your all up in arms against the MSM, but as soon as they put out a story about a "possible" UFO, theres no denying it!! Oh, tho hypocrisy of ATS...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
seems legit. i wish i could catch a glimpse of something like this..though i would never be satisfied until i met the unearthly beings
that is if they are unearthly and not governmental. i thought the part at the end of the vid about 1993, traveling to the stars, and alien technology was pretty interesting

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If the doctor ain't in it, I don't want to hear it. Sliteen maybe I'll take the red-eye to London. I've seen plenty of UFOs floating over my neighbours houses
edit on 3-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't know about you lot, But UFO's are becoming seriously common right now. All of sudden there just seems to be one after another...Its very interesting I feel something coming and I hope the truth comes out soon
. Good find!
edit on 3-8-2011 by SieMa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Just found this on youtube

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

What an interesting story. Listening to his voice and the way he is telling his story , i find him and this to be a very convincing tale. But,,,, Why no photo. You would thought he would have enough time to take one, as he explained that he allegedly observed it for ' several minute's' and you would also think that he would have had a phone on him with a camera on it to take said photo , wouldn't you?????????. Even if he didn't have a camera on his phone, you would at least thought he would have Phoned a Friend or just phoned anyone, Hey he could've even phoned the police to say what he was seeing. As he stated He had several minutes to do so. I think this is just a publicity stunt for the radio station.

All UFO activity is a public stunt in my opinion BUT...

I do believe they exsist.. although personally, I dont think we've ever been visited..

They are promoting all this so that we get mentally ready for BLUE BEAM.

reply to post by Dr. Strange

Are we still arguing about whether or not aliens exist? God damn that was so 2005, err 2003, err 2001, err SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE INTERNET. I personally believe that undeniably aliens exist. Yes the government knows about it (refer to the hottel files recently released by the CIA). There has been proof all around us starting with ancient sculptures and paintings. Yes people still see them from time to time, and yes occasionally a newspaper picks up the story as a fluff piece. If put the link here to just spread the word about the article that's cool, but if you are hoping that you will change any minds, trust me you won't. The people that believe will always believe and the people that don't won't. Be prepared to encounter these people as you will soon see they will flood this thread with their own personal opinions about how there was a training exercise near there or clearly it was a new aircraft. Better yet they will call the reporter a drunk or say he is unreliable. Haters gonna hate.

Are you trying to be fair? you seem to logically put it in a perspective were people will think the non believers will do anything to dispromote aliens

"Better yet they will call the reporter a drunk or say he is unreliable."

"Haters gonna Hate"

yeah thats the way to do it isnt it? cover all posibilities so every non believer seems like their lying and thier opinions seem pointless.

By the way, You seem like a DISINFO agent. as thought no one is allowed to think otherwise.
edit on 3-8-2011 by toocoolnc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
.....I didnt realize swamp gas can be anywhere.....hell they spotted some on the moon just recently.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
PS3 Forum: Military sighting

Ok now earlier today I read a post from a fellow member on the PS3(uk) forums. He said he noticed lots of military around the area, now at the time I did not know about this BBC report. However as I found out I went to link his story and found other members have posted the BBC links. Now knowing them they were just messing about but perhaps this really was linked? Anyway despite the above I think the BBC report seems some what genuine.
edit on 3-8-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
footage will soon emerge of a chinese lantern with the title claiming it to be the u.f.o. in question enabling debunkers to debunk it as a chinese lantern.

at the end of the day, this guy experienced something many people have experienced before and mentioned, i just find it strange that nobody is interested untill a sports reporter mentions it. what gives a sports reporter more crediblity? david icke was a sports presenter.

i believe he saw it, i just don't get why this sighting is more significant in the B.B.C's eyes than any of the countless others.
edit on 3-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: put sports presenter instead of reporter

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
will have to watch bbc news tonight to see if it on, prob get left out because we all know who controls the media

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join