It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you solve this debt crisis?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That's the question a friend asked me the other day. As I am thinking about running for US Senate in 2012.

First spending across the board must be cut. Secondly BS Government agencies need to be disbanded and just that alone would be a huge reduction in spending alone. I have to agree with Ron Paul on the debt ceiling issue.

If the debt is the problem why do we as a country want more of it?

I have seen all the threads bashing the TEA Party as being un-democratic, that argument does not hold water. I would think the same as we had a healthcare law rammed down our throats.

We do not live in a Democracy we live in a republic.

We are a nation divided. Until we can agree that the fat cat banksters are the problem and take real grass roots action against them, we will never reclaim our republic. America its time to take our nation back and vote all incumbents yes including all those new TEA Party guys.

If there is a 3rd party in the run Vote for them and when they are elected hod their feet to the fire. We the People are the real power in this country we must remind the tyrants of that.

If I were ever elected to the US senate I would seek to repeal the 17th Amendment thus putting the election of the Senators back in the hands of the state and limit them to a single term thus the states would have their representation in congress once again and be a safeguard against tyranny as they would be accountable to the state legislatures.

To solve this debt crisis would involve some hard decisions that many may not agree with:

1. Spending across the board must be cut.
2. Non-essential Government agencies need to be disbanded and funding re-directed
3. All Foreign aid must stop immediately
4. All troops/equipment must be brought home and spending on unconstitutional wars stopped.
5. All bailout monies must be immediately returned to the general fund with interest to help repay the debt, Corporations that refuse to comply after 1 year will be placed in default and their assets seized and sold to repay the debt owed.
6. All federal government jobs will go to a 4 day work week and paid holidays will be suspended until a balanced budget is achieved.
7. All members of congress will under go a 25% cut in pay and must pay in to their healthcare like everyone else. They will also fly coach commercial with any upgrade to come out of their own pockets.
8. Entitlements will be re-examined and funding of liabilities must meet the requirements of a balanced budget.
9. The Federal Reserve act will be repealed thus putting congress in control of money creation as constitution states.

Thoughts?

edit on 31-7-2011 by SWCCFAN because: fixed video embed

edit on 31-7-2011 by SWCCFAN because: fix video again...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I would cut tax loopholes.
I would raise taxes several percentage points on 300K plus individuals. BUT:
I would give substantial tax deductions to small business owners for every new job created and maintained for 12 months thatpaide more than 30K. There would be no cap on the deduction right down to zero taxes owed. Jobs must be in the U.S. and held by a U.S. citizen.

I would bring our boys home from overseas. I would cut the military budget by 17 percent or so. Those cuts should leave us more than enough for our actual vital interests and even some "world police" activity. But I am sick of all of our money going to the world police thing.

Major corportions:
Offer them tax breaks for every job they bring home from overseas.
And breaks for every new job created.

Should fix things up rather well.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

All great points!

I would also suggest that the Corporate tax rate be reduced by 10% for companies that produce all their products 100% here in the USA and sever all foreign holdings, also they must hire only American Citizens.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

My god ... it is NOT A DEBT CRISIS!!!!!!!! It is an employment crisis with an under-stimulated economy. Because of this ignorant austerity BS and the killing of government, a recession is an surety. A depression is possible.

You people need to stop listening to news entertainment and do something thinking and educating of yourselves.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I generally agree with your stances, except for maybe number 5. That just seems a little extreme to seize a companies assets and sell them off, and I could foresee some major resistance to those measures. Otherwise, I think I could support your campaign. I also like the fact that you didn't even mention the notion of raising taxes, while going against the unnecessary government programs. I would say you have my vote, but you probably won't be running in my state, so have a smile instead.

We need more politicians and prospective politicians like you in every state, ready to stand up against the status-quo and put the country back on track where it needs to be.
edit on 31-7-2011 by nwdogg1982 because: wrong numbers cited

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Solve the debt crisis? What crisis?
You are a slave NEO. Throw off your chains, you have the power.
Abolish the federal reserve. That is all.
You can't, though. You don't have the power, because your power and mine come from numbers. There needs to be more of us, and, apparently you are not among that number.
So, you are powerless. WE are powerless.
Abolish the federal reserve. Print our own money. Whatever we owe China and Japan is nothing compared to what we owe the toilet paper printers called the federal reserve, but even that is not the whole story. China has a central bank too, but there currency is backed by slave and child labor while ours is backed by the labor of our children and grandchildren. Future slaves. Your government knows this.
Look in their eyes and you will see the lies.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
S&F OP!

You are spot on.

The only thing I would add, is a consumption based tax.

If you're rich and you want nice things, you're automatically paying more taxes.

If you like the simple life and don't care about material things, you'll be paying less.

It creates a much more sustainable tax base that is realistically based on true consumption and not speculative economics.

~Namaste

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
That's the question a friend asked me the other day. As I am thinking about running for US Senate in 2012.
Can I ask which state?

Originally posted by SWCCFAN To solve this debt crisis would involve some hard decisions that many may not agree with:

1. Spending across the board must be cut.
Agree, with all budgets for the next and all following years to start at zero every year. All further budgets must be justified dollar for dollar.

Originally posted by SWCCFAN2. Non-essential Government agencies need to be disbanded and funding re-directed
Agree, start with dept of education and dept of energy.

Originally posted by SWCCFAN3. All Foreign aid must stop immediately
Absolutely, every dime.

Originally posted by SWCCFAN4. All troops/equipment must be brought home and spending on unconstitutional wars stopped.
Then put the troops on the border to stop illegal immigration.

Originally posted by SWCCFAN5. All bailout monies must be immediately returned to the general fund with interest to help repay the debt, Corporations that refuse to comply after 1 year will be placed in default and their assets seized and sold to repay the debt owed.
Excellent idea.

Originally posted by SWCCFAN6. All federal government jobs will go to a 4 day work week and paid holidays will be suspended until a balanced budget is achieved.
Good plan.

Originally posted by SWCCFAN7. All members of congress will under go a 25% cut in pay and must pay in to their healthcare like everyone else. They will also fly coach commercial with any upgrade to come out of their own pockets.
Pay should be the state average for the states they represent.

Originally posted by SWCCFAN8. Entitlements will be re-examined and funding of liabilities must meet the requirements of a balanced budget.
The balanced budget must include a super majority requirement to raise taxes, if not it could be used by the courts to order taxes raised to fund junk spending.

Originally posted by SWCCFAN9. The Federal Reserve act will be repealed thus putting congress in control of money creation as constitution states.
Agree, with a repudiation of all "debt" "owed" to this group of bankers.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
i wish people would open their eyes to this one fact that most will never acknowledge.

there is nothing more corrupt or abusive or more greedy that the united states goverment

this whole fiasco is the biggest proof of that statement.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

15% tax across the board. Anyone making $30,000 or less, no taxes at all. For corporations, no taxes on first 1 to 2 million, then 15% tax rate.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
an open debate about what the taxes are exactly spend on.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I could totally live with that!

link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by SWCCFAN4. All troops/equipment must be brought home and spending on unconstitutional wars stopped.

And you propose those troops work for free?

link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

# 5 would only apply to those that got the bailouts.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

there is nothing more corrupt or abusive or more greedy that the united states goverment

Nothing? Really? Not China? Not Boeing or Halliburton? Not those evil islams you rail about incessantly?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

In today's political climate a knowledge of technology is imperative to be taken seriously..... Your youtube clip doesn't work....

topic....make it feasible to be an entrepreneur in America once again without BS permits.

No oil company subsidies especially that they are showing record profits.

25% tax on luxury vacation homes in Aspen, yachts, mistresses and coke addictions.
edit on 31-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
balance is what we all need, the same oportunity and chance to start from nothing, start producing and education to all, a mix of capitalism and communism.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

And you propose those troops work for free?

Who said that? We agreed to stop spending on the wars, not the troops. How is your reading comprehension?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I am thinking about Running for US Senate in Mississippi as a Libertarian. Minimum Government, maximum Freedom. Truly being accountable to the people. I would set the standard for all future elected officials to follow.

Principled, Honest, Open.

I would have my town hall meetings with a seat for me in the front row so I could listen to the people address their concerns to me my staff and the public.

It's time our elected officials become public servants once again!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Best of luck. I plan to relocate to Florida soon, thus my curiosity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join