It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Disclosure Eminent!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sorry, not going to happen that soon. Do those who post on this site truly believe it is only up to Earth governments as to when and how disclosure is to brought about? Look at it this way, humanity is very unstable. Would outside civilizations really want all that in-fighting brought to a galactic scale? Although, in my opinion, it would be .....interesting..... to watch how humanity would "handle the truth".

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1
reply to post by karen61057

He was talking about species outside from earth , MRS. SENSATIVE

I dont think so. I think he said its the most important discovery of the species. (meaning us) Its our most important discovery. And what's with the Mrs Sensative crack?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

ATS is made up of many forums. The one you're in.... Is the UFO forum.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Call it a hunch.......
but I wonder what the odds are on this object found in this video, if it is a UFO ....it mysteriously goes missing? ......go figure
If its still there when money isn't an issue then its a stonehenge mk2.
edit on 1-8-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
the reason I don't believe this is if the largest governments of the world all know something than one of them is bound to leak it first and capitalize on it - think of what a few billion dollars in new interest could do to the UKs debts

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

I'll put it in pre-school terms: because the universe is infinite and we exist then logically there is intelligent life out there. That solves that dilemma. No need for the government to tell us anything.

On aliens visiting earth recently(meaning our known history) , never happened. Why because we would have been treated just like the native american indians. Anybody that thinks aliens would be gentle and kind because of there supreme intellect is retarded. If anything they would be more cold blooded.

Please Understand(and I mean all of you), to travel in infinite space two things have to happen,well actually 3 things: lightspeed for short distance travel, controlling worm holes for long distance travel and not aging(becoming immortal). Now all three could be plausible if one uses alien physics which we will never have. So if we do have visitors do you think they would be gentle and kind if they travel in lightspeed/control worm holes and are immortals. Which sounds very GOD-like to me. Just read our past history of men that thought they were god and see how that situation turned out.

What I just stated is reality. Anything else is pure fantasy.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow

Originally posted by MathematicalPhysicist
I have friends who work for NSA as consultants and they have security clearances. Breaching that security clearance can not only get them a possible life-sentence, but their careers would effectively be ruined. They are authorized to mention is what they specialize in e.g: quantum computing, set theory, etc.

Your friend may work at the NSA, but much like Bob Lazar who claims to have worked at Area 51 and has legitimate checks given to Area 51 employees as proof, he most probably cleans the toilets and doesn't need a security clearance. Personally, I doubt a cryptographer would risk their entire life and career just so they can divulge information that will be known in a month's time. It is possible, just very very unlikely and rare, and even if he is a cryptographer with a security clearance, he may just be pulling your leg.

LOL! My friend does not clean toilets. LOL! I will have to let them know about that one!

They trust me having, known me since childhood. Very close. Very trusting.

As far as pulling my leg, no chance. We have more respect for each other than that.

I guess maybe you have no very close friends and have no clue about the kind of friendship relationship that I am talking about.

He must trust you sooooo much that he's willing to fail that mandatory polygraph that all 1N4 analysts MUST TAKE EVERY SIX YEARS. I seriously doubt he risked his clearance and livelihood over telling you to be on the lookout for some ambiguous story - if he gave you details he ruined his future there for himself as a matter of fact.

Sorry buddy, take that from a former SIGINT analyst, myself; i wouldn't trust the magnitude of the story.

Why would you think disclosure and not a troop deployment or something else anyway??

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

stand corrected

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

He was talking about species outside from earth , MRS. SENSATIVE

I dont think so. I think he said its the most important discovery of the species. (meaning us) Its our most important discovery. And what's with the Mrs Sensative crack?

Then he should have said most important human discovery of all time. Anyways who cares, what are you his UFO agent. Lol

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

A very good friend of mine

this is a very bad way to start the thread

TOTALLY agree. I do think you're sincere in your post, but the start you have in the thread, might as well have read, "...once upon a time..."
edit on 8/1/2011 by ctdannyd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
woohoo another disclosure is imminent thread because you heard from a friend who heard it from a friend.......Lets make a deal if by the end of August there is no disclosure you won't post another disclosure thread for a year.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

reply to post by justwokeup

I'll put it in pre-school terms: because the universe is infinite and we exist then logically there is intelligent life out there. That solves that dilemma. No need for the government to tell us anything.

On aliens visiting earth recently(meaning our known history) , never happened. Why because we would have been treated just like the native american indians. Anybody that thinks aliens would be gentle and kind because of there supreme intellect is retarded. If anything they would be more cold blooded.

Please Understand(and I mean all of you), to travel in infinite space two things have to happen,well actually 3 things: lightspeed for short distance travel, controlling worm holes for long distance travel and not aging(becoming immortal). Now all three could be plausible if one uses alien physics which we will never have. So if we do have visitors do you think they would be gentle and kind if they travel in lightspeed/control worm holes and are immortals. Which sounds very GOD-like to me. Just read our past history of men that thought they were god and see how that situation turned out.

What I just stated is reality. Anything else is pure fantasy.

What you stated is your opinion. Anything else as as worhty an opinion as yours is.

See, if you look at the history of man, you will see that in cases you are right. We tend to barge in and try to take over, as we are so more civilised/advanced/worthy/Christian etc than the savages are. Look at what England did in Asia, Africa, India, the US and Australia.

Now, if you follow that history you see that as the species evolved we became more sensative, and we now take great pains to protect the very populations we would have once vanquished. Immagine that projected forwards a thousand years, how much more enlightened will we become? 10,000 years? Perhaps to a point where we would consider being violent towwards our galactic neighbours would be unthinkable to us - perhaps violence itself would be cast out of our society completly as we becoome more spiritually evolved?

My point is this. The more intelligent a species is the more likely it is not to be violent towards us when it arrives. This seems crystal clear to me, logically.

My seccond point, and this is the big one, is that we are not even talking about human beings here. How the hell can anyone be comfortable predicting the behaviour and motivations of an entirely unknown species?

So I would say that you should think a little more widely before making huge statements about your truth, as it does make you sound a little arrogant. Your opinion is valid, of course, but your attitude lets you down.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Totek

Thats a bit Trollish. Open Mindedness is a bad way to view things but it doesnt mean the person is stupid.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by Totek

Open Mindedness is a bad way to view things but it doesnt mean the person is stupid.

Uhh... He is not open minded, he thinks what he speaks is FACT and everything else is FANTASY... That is stupidity, not open mindedness... Being open minded is in fact a good thing more than a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

If I shooked your tree , didn't mean to. But I don't see how we've become more sensitive. People today ,when thinking they have a significant advantage over others, commit: murder ,genocide, theft and blatant trickery.

I could only imagine what any species would do to us if they could master light speed flight/choreograph worm holes,and stop aging .

So while using observation and logic why would I have faith in a fictional visitor from another constellation being gentle and sensitive? Why ?

And your theory that there were only insensitive people in our past history is extremely premature.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

After thousands of imminent disclosure threads why is yours any any more credible?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Somebody being condescending doesn't give their assertions any more authority. I'd figured that out by the 5th grade.

However, i'm not silly enough to get dragged into a wider argument refuting any of them since I have no proof to offer in the other direction and it would be a battle of empty conjectures.

Do you still contend that discovery of alien life would be unimportant for humanity? Thats the only point of discussion I raised with you and only because you raised it first. I think i understand your position now. You contend its unimportant because you believe interaction would be impossible? That may or may not be true. Yesterdays scientific impossibility has a habit of turning into todays appliances.

Even if it were true, the simple knowledge that there were others (beyond the purely hypothetical) would have a positive effect on the way we regard ourselves. It would be important for that reason alone. We would attempt to find a way to interact and the attempt would bring us together and drive us on.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by dilly1

ATS is made up of many forums. The one you're in.... Is the UFO forum.

This is the Gray Area forum. The description of the Gray Area does not mention UFO in any way.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IceFlower

yawning

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join