It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How may people are in the U.S.A army?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
whats there numbers? Im just wondering becouse i am looking a numbers of other armys in the middle east and parts of asia that are on bushs and some other americans hit list to see the chances of drafting. Thank god i live in canada though.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
1 billion strong MUWAHWOAHOWAHOWO

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
1.4 million
The number of active duty men and women in the U.S. armed forces as of Jan. 31, 2003. Here's a Department of Defense breakdown by service branch:

Active Duty and Reserves
All Services 1.4 million
Army 487,000
Navy 385,000
Air Force 368,000
Marine Corps 174,000

In addition, more than 38,000 men and women serve in the U.S. Coast Guard, now under the Department of Homeland Security.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525
How may people are in the U.S.A army?

Obviously not enough. Bush was ready to send more troops into Iraq, but the Florida disaster seems to have created some setback. As some of the millitary in reserves moved into florida to help the civillians.

Millitary invovlement in Greece and Iran is mandatory whereas in the States and Canada its voluntary. So you would expect those countries to have more manpower.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
How about a breakdown of how many are abroad in friendly and not so friendly countries, and how many are required to stay home to defend the homeland?

I remember reading an article in TIME magazine detailing how many troops were in which countries back when the assault on Afghanistan was relatively fresh, but I'm sure things have changed around somewhat since.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
How about a breakdown of how many are abroad in friendly and not so friendly countries, and how many are required to stay home to defend the homeland?

I remember reading an article in TIME magazine detailing how many troops were in which countries back when the assault on Afghanistan was relatively fresh, but I'm sure things have changed around somewhat since.

Here is a site with the countrys in alpha order with the number next to them for all interested. www.allyoucanread.com...
Iran has 12 million thats not including how fast they probably will get drafted in to the war as well (just rember they have 3 times the population of iraq) but look at chine, 250 million troops, if they can find away to move such a mass on a grad scale thats alot of troops i dont care what you have tech wise pure wave after wave of infantry wis hard to deal with.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think that site is a bit misleading.

I think the numbers it show is the number of citizens of that country that are fit to serve not the number of people actually in the military.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This site is as a good as any Military Stats and Finance 2001

Judging by this you don't want a land war with China, not that any war with China would ever take place would it?

....think Taiwan

[edit on 16-8-2004 by theferret]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525 250 million troops, if they can find away to move such a mass on a grad scale thats alot of troops i dont care what you have tech wise pure wave after wave of infantry wis hard to deal with.

they cant support a force that big nor could they supply enough weapons for so many, infact they cut thousands in their army this year and stopped making service mandatory, and anyways if we have air superiority their army could be bombed into nothing before doing much to our army.

but hey, no war would benefit us all, lets hope there is never such a war.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by zi2525 250 million troops, if they can find away to move such a mass on a grad scale thats alot of troops i dont care what you have tech wise pure wave after wave of infantry wis hard to deal with.

they cant support a force that big nor could they supply enough weapons for so many, infact they cut thousands in their army this year and stopped making service mandatory, and anyways if we have air superiority their army could be bombed into nothing before doing much to our army.

but hey, no war would benefit us all, lets hope there is never such a war.

Yeah, I Agree to the first half of that.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yeah about the 250 million troop thing there is only 50 million Ak-47s in the whole world and that is the most prolific gun in the entire world. So even if they had ever Ak which they dont only what 1 in 5 would have a gun

You come into so many problems when dealing with a army that big

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
1.4 million
The number of active duty men and women in the U.S. armed forces as of Jan. 31, 2003. Here's a Department of Defense breakdown by service branch:

Active Duty and Reserves
All Services 1.4 million
Army 487,000
Navy 385,000
Air Force 368,000
Marine Corps 174,000

In addition, more than 38,000 men and women serve in the U.S. Coast Guard, now under the Department of Homeland Security.

What thats it!?!! WOW that is small. So they lost that maany people in the Vietnam war. lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Clinton didn't help out any either by closing down military bases. And, duh- I thought the world was moving on to more peaceful times- boy! Was I ever wrong.

We are sitting ducks, I am sad to say. No telling what they have in store for us. It's not going to be good, I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I thought it was an Army of one?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
1.4 million is more than enough, if there is ever going to be a world war again the country that has the biggest chance of winning it is the country that instead of using men power on the ground uses fire power. Remember anybody that has A bombs would be more than stupid to use men instead of them in a nuclear war.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by timberwulf
Clinton didn't help out any either by closing down military bases. And, duh- I thought the world was moving on to more peaceful times- boy! Was I ever wrong.

yea, in the first iraq war we had 500,000 troops alone and we were multiple front capable.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

name one war where anyone has lost when maintaining air superiority?(only the afghan-soviet war)

if you cant get air support, or keep aircraft from bombing your troops then what are you going to do?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by Murcielago

name one war where anyone has lost when maintaining air superiority?(only the afghan-soviet war)

if you cant get air support, or keep aircraft from bombing your troops then what are you going to do?

???
What are you talking about? I agreed with you.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You also have to take into account of how you are going to feed an army so large everyday, where they will relieve themselves, after a few hours even 1 million in one area is going to make some unsanitary conditions if they are on the move, now 50 or even 250 million for that matter? not possible.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525
Here is a site with the countrys in alpha order with the number next to them for all interested. www.allyoucanread.com...
Iran has 12 million thats not including how fast they probably will get drafted in to the war as well (just rember they have 3 times the population of iraq) but look at chine, 250 million troops, if they can find away to move such a mass on a grad scale thats alot of troops i dont care what you have tech wise pure wave after wave of infantry wis hard to deal with.

I was actually referring to the US Army specifically. I might have the TIME magazine around somewhere but I doubt it is of much relevance anymore.

new topics

top topics

join