It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I agree with the Inuit people , The sun is definetly moving over a different path in the sky . See M

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
This is interesting someone mentioned a "DISH".

Because the absurd notion of the Earth shifted, continents shifted etc. would also mean that all Satellites would need to be re-positioned etc..

In other words, if there was really a "shift" as you say "tend towards to believe" there should also have been major outages of TV/internet, GPS, air traffic etc. due to geostationary satellites no positioned right anymore...let alone other VERY obvious signs.

Makes my argument on last page (last post) seem stupid now you put it that way.

Good shout though. everyones dish would be off.
edit on 29/7/2011 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallblondealien
The Indonesian earthquake produced a 3 % shift of the earth as did the 9.0 in Japan. I think this should explain why the earth has tilted on its axis. All I know is my patio now has enough sun to grow tomatoes, and that is all I really care about the subject. No Gov't conspiracy or any other wild tale. Just relax, maybe we will have a quake that will shift it back the other direction and give everyone something new to talk about.

There was a shift but it was not 3% it was like 3 centimeters. On the scale of the Earth we are barley able to measure that 3 centimeter difference. A 3% change would cause world disasters such as flooding, fires, droughts but on a global scale more than before. 3% would be like end times scenario.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by the2010apprentice

Wouldn't it be the earth that has changed by moving a bit into a new position relative to the sun? And, if this was the case, wouldn't the usual positioning of the stars be correspondingly off a bit? Well the sun rises and sets as usual here at latitude 34 plus in the USA and, at night Polaris and Orion and all the rest look to be where they have always been. So..... whatever the Inuit people have been smoking how about send some it down south to us?
edit on 29-7-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Yeah I have an Idea someone should put up a a photo thread that contains photographs from people all over the world , they take a picture were the sun or point of view? were the sun passes that point of view , and compare this with same point of view years ago... and place this in the new made thread. We all could see the pictures and the changes? maybe we would be stunned!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I AGREE TOO this is too weird, ive lived in the same place for years and ive noticed a change in the suns patterns. like how the sun is coming though a window it never has and my back yard had sun for the first time ever. even when the sun sets its much more far to the right than ever before. also while the rest of america is burning up here where i live it hasent been over 85 degrees. and we have only had about a week of 80 degre weather.

somethings not right......

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Stunned.
Or not.
Manhatten
edit on 7/29/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Elite , humans however you want to label them is no way responsible to what is happening to this planet. They mite affect the "human world" but not the planet. You and many others assume the human world and natural world are connected somehow. Which is total crazy talk.

If the end of time are coming its the end time for only the humans ,do to human error like :the economy,war,genocide and starvation.

You started off well then you totally blew it with your ignorant views of the human world.

Just try to accept that we are not special/important. Our planet ,solar system , universe doesn't owe us anything nor do we owe it anything. The natural world is so much bigger then us,so much more important than us ,, how we even contemplate we contribute to the changing of the sun,climate, position of the moon Or our magnetic field is completely nuts..... Its just "out-of-touch" thinking.

I think you father has been steering you the wrong way.

The problem with free-thinkers is they don't take into account logic.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

As I posted in another thread,then why Is Manhattanhenge a day later as all the previous years ?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I saw a similar thing when driving home - my Sat NAV pointed north and the sun was setting directly due north

I showed my kids last week and they too realized there was something wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

What is your point other than being a smart ass? If you are offended by our observations, leave the topic.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ViP3r

I noticed something similar here in Northern Indiana. My desk faces directly West. Usually in the early evening I have to pull the shades as the sun is blinding at this time of the year. I have not had to pull the shades all summer. The opposite of what you are saying but it is very strange, as the sun seems much higher.
edit on 29-7-2011 by aero56 because: different info

edit on 29-7-2011 by aero56 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2011 by aero56 because: more info

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

The Sun is 0.5º wide. In summer it changes is horizontal location at sunset about 0.1º per day. The claim is that the Sun is in completely the wrong place in the sky. It isn't. It's right where it's supposed to be.

The Sun was on the grid. The timing of the "sunset" was changed to take into account the fact that New Jersey is "in the way" of the true horizon.

For these two days, as the Sun sets on the grid, half the disk sits above and half below the horizon. My personal preference for photographs. But the day after May 30th (May 31), and the day before July 13 (July 12) also offer Manhattanhenge moments, but at sunset, you instead will find the entire ball of the Sun on the horizon.

www.haydenplanetarium.org...

edit on 7/29/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Frankly I blame BUSH and his "No child left behind" for this post...

Yeah this is my first post and I am long long time lurker and I don't mean to be rude but I watch the sun daily I photograph the sun periodically. The last time my kid and I were on a sun dial for the month of June and we made our shadows be the hour hand the time was completely correct.

So my theory is somehow you and your Dad have translated to EARTH 626 where the tilt of the earth is different (allowing the sun to appear different, cause everyone knows it would be the earth not the sun that would cause this). And in some way you are still able to post silly threads on good ole EARTH PRIME (where I live and the sun is normal as it has been for ages). That or you both were hallucinating...

These posts and others like them are why I have decided to no longer lurk. A lack of basic science skills or at the very least scientific reasoning and not opinions or theories based on conjecture, speculation, ignorance or just plain superstition sadden me. No proof, no way period.

edit on 29-7-2011 by abeverage because: miss spelling run on sentence

Good bye. Call first if you decide to return.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I still think it is a case of pole shift.

[pole] SHIFT HAPPENS. It is as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I live in Alabama. Last year at this time it was hot. Yesterday it was hot. Today it was hot and tomorrow it will be freaking hot. But then again, I live in Alabama.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Maybe OP thinks the sun has changed position because its not normally seen in Glasgow or Scotland for that matter; too much cloud for sun watching! Or maybe its the unusual heat thats addled his brain ... (joking btw)

The sun is in the same place as it always is at this time of year, it changes position or I should say we change position constanly. Summer is on its way out and autumn on its way in and with it comes shorter days and longer nights especially here in Scotland and all the while the sun sinks south, as we in the northern hemisphere slowly tilt away from that big fiery ball in the sky.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
If the Earth's axis had shifted as much as some people claim, it wouldn't be just the sun's track that changed. The moon and stars would be in different positions, too, as would the artificial satellite constellation. Geostationary satellites would suddenly have inclined orbits and start moving around in the sky; worldwide communications and television would be disrupted. Commercial imagery satellites would pass over their targets at the wrong time. GPS would fail. Optical and radio telescopes all over the world would need adjustment. NASA would lose every satellite and probe its tracking, at least until it reacquired them. The tropics would move to some other latitudes, too. It would be hard to miss.

If the tectonic plates were moving in unexpected ways, GPS would fail throughout the affected areas (the entire plate, presumably). Anyone who thinks the Earth has changed can purchase an inexpensive GPS receiver, find a landmark, pull a grid from the heavens, and compare that to a map grid. (You can download GeoPDFs or GeoTIFFs from USGS for free.) If they are the same, the Earth hasn't substantially changed since your oldest data set was put together.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I understand that it sounds insane, and that it is scientifically impossible.
But, I cannot explain why I have noticed the sun being far more northerly at sunrise than it ever has been, in my life.
I have no logical explanation for this, I'm afraid.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter.be
ok, what i don't get is this. If the sun did change from spot, how come my GOTO telescope can automatically find the sun?
Simple, because its in the place where its aught to be!

Try to debunk that!

(I use a Celestron C8 on a equatorial mount... One that is automatic..)
edit on 28-7-2011 by Grifter.be because: (no reason given)

So what about this?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
I understand that it sounds insane, and that it is scientifically impossible.
But, I cannot explain why I have noticed the sun being far more northerly at sunrise than it ever has been, in my life.
I have no logical explanation for this, I'm afraid.

Because our perspective does change towards the sun... We as planet earth also move around the sun, we come closer and go further and then back closer... In this very topic someone posted a movie about that effect...

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join