It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I LOVE my life...and I don't think I'm the only one!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Things have gone from depressing to just flat out dark.

Threads about hate, fear, wanting destruction and death. They are like a tidal wave threatening to wipe us all out.

Are things really that bad? Are we all so screwed that we just need to give up? Have we become such puppets that we are so easily manipulated? I mean really....just how bad does the average person have it? You take the lowest end of the income spectrum here in the states and we would still be considered rich by many other countries standards.

Better yet, how about we measure our wealth by the love in our lives instead of the toys?

Yesterday, when my Mom was talking to me about the possible economic collapse looming I stopped her mid-sentence. I told her, "You know what? If it happens, it happens. We will do what we need to do to survive and we'll be okay. If I have to fish out of the river and hunt ducks to eat, than that is what we'll do. Why worry about it?"

I honestly feel that way. With all the fear and hate swirling around it just makes the love that more obvious to me. There is SO much of it there. It makes me sad that people don't see it, or worse yet...feel it.

I have a wonderful husband, incredible kids and a bunch of animals that love me. I can chose to love them back and love this life that I have the honor of living, or turn my back on it all and get swallowed up by the hate.

I chose to love. Yes. It really is that easy.

We get reminders of it every day:

edit on 28-7-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
You my friend are awesome

Peace and love .

SnF

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The problem isn't our planet.

It is ourselves

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anoynymoose
The problem isn't our planet.

It is ourselves

It isn't even ourselves. We could be fine.

The problem is our attitudes.

We only think of ourselves and not of the well-being of others.

Don't worry though, balance always comes to every system, the pendulum swings back and forth.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Anoynymoose

You are correct.

Could you even begin to imagine what would happen if every single person lived their lives not for want, but love? I have a long ways to go before I could consider myself un-selfish...but I do believe I am at least positive and try to live by the rule of 'do unto others'.

Fear is the best way to control people and it seems there are a lot of scared people right now.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

V good post!

S&F for you for your pleasant change of thread!

I'm just off for my daily therapy session now!!!.............

A walk in the park with my dog!!

edit on 28-7-2011 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I'm talking about the human race in general.

We do nothing but hurt this planet in our current state.

Maybe if we didn't destroy, destroy and destroy some more.
Just think about how much better this planet would be without humans #ing # up ALL the time.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

Yup....my favorite 'therapy' spot is my backyard. The picture of the rainbow and the sun-lit trees is my view. Good for blood pressure AND daydreaming.

@anoynymoose: Well, we have been doing it for thousands of years and we obviously still have a lot to learn. I think that is why we will still be around for awhile longer...we aren't done in this classroom yet.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

hi westcoast, and thanks for the upbeat thread and PICs, awesome...

it shows what a seesaw it is at the moment when U look at the threads started in the last hour...

"i want a nuclear war with aliens, and a tsunami caused by a meteorite strike..."
(not in my backyard, overseas, so i can watch it on my tv, of course)

anyway, the world is beautiful,
if only we learned to enjoy it and live happy !

seeya

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by zerozero00

Yup....my favorite 'therapy' spot is my backyard. The picture of the rainbow and the sun-lit trees is my view. Good for blood pressure AND daydreaming.

Wow your in a nice spot .

Seriously thats beautiful .

Originally posted by shaneR

hi westcoast, and thanks for the upbeat thread and PICs, awesome...

it shows what a seesaw it is at the moment when U look at the threads started in the last hour...

I absolutely agree with you ShaneR , have a star .
edit on 28/7/2011 by Omega85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Thank you. I really am blessed. The picture I took of the blade of grass was an attempt to remind everyone that no matter where you are, you can find that same beauty in something so simple. Every living thing is a miracle and if we were to realize the potential in us all for love...well, then we would be in heaven I guess.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I'm talking about the human race in general.

We do nothing but hurt this planet in our current state.

Maybe if we didn't destroy, destroy and destroy some more.
Just think about how much better this planet would be without humans #ing # up ALL the time.

Well, humans are technically part of the natural habitat, and thus a link in the food chain.

Many of us agree and wish to return to our rightful and legitimate status as caretakers of the planet and it's life, rather than continue this greedy and destructive system of waste that we find ourselves within now.

Utilize domino effect theory, go out and convince someone to change their purchasing habits to achieve a goal you have in mind. It may be difficult so try several people.

If you can change one person's outlook on things, and cause them to fear doing a specific act *buying a specific product* due to it's repercussions to themselves, you are knocking down a domino. And eventually, it will knock down another domino one day.

Do you have any idea what could happen over the course of 30 years if you just went around knocking over dominoes? You could create far more change than you could ever expect.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I have an open aviary in my back garden as I put out seed, nuts and fat balls to encourage birds!

I currently have...Sparrows, starlings, blue tits, great tits, coal tits, greenfinch, goldfinch, a bullfinch, blackbirds(obviously), robins, lesser-spotted woodpecker and the odd sparrowhawk..............these birds are all breeding locally due to my encouragement!

Little things like this really help dealling with all the crap in the world!....Oh yer don't watch TV too much either!
edit on 28-7-2011 by zerozero00 because: cant spell

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00

I have an open aviary in my back garden as I put out seed, nuts and fat balls to encourage birds!

I currently have...Sparrows, starlings, blue tits, great tits, coal tits, greenfinch, goldfinch, a bullfinch, blackbirds(obviously), robins, lesser-spotted woodpecker and the odd sparrowhawk..............these birds are all breeding locally due to my ecouragement!

Little things like this really help dealling with all the crap in the world!....Oh yer don't watch TV too much either!

You are knocking down a domino to achieve a goal that is long-term in it's implications.

One day those birds will be able to breed successfully, and so forth and so on. The odds just got a little bit better for someone.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Being prepared is not about hate. I think you may have been careless in not discussing this contingency. I do this with my family on a regular basis. Just for any matter under the sun. However, I do agree with your post slightly and I think what you're really trying to say is, you're not going to give in to fear.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Well, humans are technically part of the natural habitat, and thus a link in the food chain.

Many of us agree and wish to return to our rightful and legitimate status as caretakers of the planet and it's life, rather than continue this greedy and destructive system of waste that we find ourselves within now.

Utilize domino effect theory, go out and convince someone to change their purchasing habits to achieve a goal you have in mind. It may be difficult so try several people.

If you can change one person's outlook on things, and cause them to fear doing a specific act *buying a specific product* due to it's repercussions to themselves, you are knocking down a domino. And eventually, it will knock down another domino one day.

Do you have any idea what could happen over the course of 30 years if you just went around knocking over dominoes? You could create far more change than you could ever expect.

I don't think were natural at all, honestly how long do you think it would take for a human to "grow" if we were all dead tomorrow? My guess is probably never.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I don't think were natural at all, honestly how long do you think it would take for a human to "grow" if we were all dead tomorrow? My guess is probably never.

If you think aliens or "God" created humans, and that is why we are "unnatural" in your lexicon, than you would have to admit that all of Earth flora and fauna are "unnatural" as well.

Consider the similarities humans have with so many other animals, we have hair, eyes, noses, blood, bones, dna, stomachs with intestines, spines, etc.

And even if we were artificially created by a higher intelligence, we are still natural in the sense that only natural events can occur in the universe according to the laws of physics etc. We may not understand those laws well yet, but they operate just fine despite our thinking about it or not.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I guess we are very animal like.. More "genetically modified" then anything.
Even if we are natural, there is nothing natural about what humans are doing to this planet.

I believe we were put here or grown here, to live off the land as animals do. But there came a point when humans crossed the line which eventually led to the destruction of many animal species as well as lots of other natural things on this planet.

All I'm trying to get at is humans are causing more harm to this planet than any other species. As a human being myself I'd like to see the "slate cleaned" for a new beginning. I also believe that this has happened many times before in the past yet we still come back and manage to destroy this planet and ourselves in the process. So how many times is human species gonna repeat itself before we learn to live without destroying the earth?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

We were obviously put here by some kinda higher intelligence, unless we evolved from some kinda monkey. even then you need a male and female to produce another. Something has had to create at least one of each in order to get the ball rolling. My guess would be an asexual organism which is naturally formed with extreme intelligence, smart enough to create animals and other life.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
at this point and place in time
i am unemployed , living in a basement , benefits running out
no prospects too qualified or too old to get hired i should be in deep depression
BUT i refuse i am concentrating on positive thought action and feeling
and i am happier than i have been since grade school
I AM ALIVE ON A BEAUTIFUL PLANET FULL OF WONDER
how why do not know but learned it here
ty for the post we will survive we always have and always will

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join