It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What crashed into the ocean off the coast of Flagler Beach, FL Tuesday night?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I saw this on the local news here, Channel 13 news.

It appears people have reported something firey falling from the sky and into the ocean late Tuesday night.

I put this in the UFO forum because technically it IS a "ufo," which means unidentified flying object, that doesn't mean alien in origin. It could be anything, a meteorite or something else.

Dispatchers started getting calls Tuesday night reporting a fireball falling out of the sky and into the ocean off Flagler Beach, near State Roads A1A and 100. Flagler County deputies then called the Volusia County Sheriff's Office, asking if they could use that agency's helicopter, AirOne, to help in the search. The helicopter was sent up, but officials quickly realized that the search area would be too far out over the open water to safely operate the aircraft. Officials said they believe the crash happened about 7 miles offshore. So AirOne had to turn around and head back to shore.

Anyone on here in this area and did you see or hear anything?

According to Petty Officer Jessica Potter, the Coast Guard has yet to find any wreckage or any other sign of a plane down in the ocean. Potter also said there have been no reports of missing or overdue aircraft in the area. However, she did not rule out a possible aerial search once the sun rises.

So far according to the news here, there is no evidence of a plane crash in the area this fireball was seen.

Was there a meteor shower last night?

I only posted this because it's pretty close to me about an hour and a half and I wanted to see if anyone on here locally has any information.

source

This report was updated 10mins ago

more information with video

So there is still no evidence of a plane crashing. People said it was near the Flagler Pier, where the crash or whatever it was happened.
edit on 7/27/2011 by mblahnikluver because: add more sources

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
If it was described as a fireball, it was most likely a meteor strike (Bolide).
I’ve seen dozens of them down here.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Spooky. Cloverfield monster here now? Seriously though, I'd be interested to get more details on the speed of descent - but not sure that will be possible. Might help ascertain, or rule out, some of things it could be.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Someone will be here soon to tell us it was just a contrail.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Because they are so high and so bright, its normally not possible to judge a speed or distance on them. I saw one when I was up north that looked like it hit a few miles away from me, later to find out that it actually landed in Canada, hundreds of miles away.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
If it was described as a fireball, it was most likely a meteor strike (Bolide).
I’ve seen dozens of them down here.

I would love to see one of those!

Yeah I don't think it was a plane either but a meteor falling from the sky. I was looking for locals, I know a few members live in that area, so maybe they will have some information later.

I never see anything falling from the sky here and I sit outside at night just to find something interesting in the sky

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I saw one at 4:30 this morning but it seemed to go a straight line rather then down. I thought it was falling star or a meteor too, Then I started taking pictures of the sky after it happened and I have like 9 images where you have to really save it to the computer and use preview to zoom them all in. totally weird dude. RED dots sporatically in the sky then I have 1 picture out of them all that has a like a red dust. I bet they saw the same thing I saw, only theirs crashed. I don't know where mine went, but it was zipping like a lightening ball through the sky. Looked like like a fireball too, have to say at more than 5x5 of a huge white bright light. Fast as heck. This was NC and it was heading toward West last time I saw it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I have family up there and my nephew said he saw it and all it was was a shooting star or a meteor... that's it... no fuss no muss. These things are very weird to judge as far as distance. I have seen many myself working outside at night for over a decade. Sorry ET is still home no doubt...
Oh, and there are a lot of bars in the area of the Flagler Pier.

edit on 27-7-2011 by kennvideo because: added bar scene area

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

They seem to come and go in spurts, I saw about 5 of them in 2004 and maybe one since then. Every one that I can recall seeing was around the summer or fall. Maybe watch around the time of predicted meteor shower if you want to see one.

One thing that is cool is that they burn in different colors according to their composition. I have seen blue, green, and lots of red, white, or yellowish ones. The blue one was interesting, because at the time I was working for the airlines, and my entire ramp crew saw it, thought it was an emergency flare, and we ended up calling the control tower thinking it was an aircraft in distress.
The green one was the one I mentioned above that hit Canada.

edit on 7/27/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Keep looking though, I can't help myself either.

Hubs an I saw something flame into the atmosphere a few years ago, it actually it looked like a phoenix, (long flaming streak from west to east out over the ocean, Eastern Coast of Australia) awesome stuff!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
i seen two jets fly over my house last night in that direction. they didn't just scramble a helicopter.

Around 10 o clock before they said it crashed looked like they were chasing something

and sounded like they went supersonic over my house my dad came out and was like wt#
edit on 27-7-2011 by HalfFull because: more info

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HalfFull
i seen two jets fly over my house last night in that direction. they didn't just scramble a helicopter.

Around 10 o clock before they said it crashed looked like they were chasing something

and sounded like they went supersonic over my house my dad came out and was like wt#

What time was that about last night, after 12 AM? by any chance?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I saw one at 4:30 this morning but it seemed to go a straight line rather then down. I thought it was falling star or a meteor too, Then I started taking pictures of the sky after it happened and I have like 9 images where you have to really save it to the computer and use preview to zoom them all in. totally weird dude. RED dots sporatically in the sky then I have 1 picture out of them all that has a like a red dust. I bet they saw the same thing I saw, only theirs crashed. I don't know where mine went, but it was zipping like a lightening ball through the sky. Looked like like a fireball too, have to say at more than 5x5 of a huge white bright light. Fast as heck. This was NC and it was heading toward West last time I saw it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just looked at your thread, nice that you tried to get pics even if you have to zoom in. That is more than most would even try to do

I haven't seen anything here in the sky lately. It's been very cloudy and rainy at night here lately so I havent sat outside much. I will have to sit outside tonight and look towards the ocean, who knows

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennvideo
I have family up there and my nephew said he saw it and all it was was a shooting star or a meteor... that's it... no fuss no muss. These things are very weird to judge as far as distance. I have seen many myself working outside at night for over a decade. Sorry ET is still home no doubt...
Oh, and there are a lot of bars in the area of the Flagler Pier.

edit on 27-7-2011 by kennvideo because: added bar scene area

I NEVER mentioned it being ET..

I even specifically stated why I called it a UFO.

I know the Flagler Pier and the direction was over the ocean so unless they have floating bars it wasnt any of the bars there.

I too think it was just a meteor or something like that, no plane and definitely not a space ship.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
saw 2 large ones this summer here in NorthCentral Texas. Both were a mint-greenish in color and lasted for almost 2 seconds, streaking across the sky. It was a very cool sight

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by HalfFull

Really??? Interesting.

Yeah I have seen some crazy stuff in the skies here over the KSC at times but not lately.

I do know that where I live is a UFO hotspot. I never knew this til I checked out a few cases in the area and there are tons in this county. I was surprised but not really esp with Patrick Air Force Base being here and the KSC. It could literally be anything.

Thanks and if you hear anything else please share!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

no it was more like 10:30 ish

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Probably a test run for a offshore missile that was meant to hit Florida but was a dud, after seeing California and all. Same day, different time, hours apart. Not a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
found this tweet from some guy at 10:22 pm last night

"Just seen a flaming object in the sky headed towards the ground...#wierd"

twitter.com...#!/__Johnny_Boy__/status/96042627123789826

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
There is always the possibility of it being a drug shipment plane on fire.

Then, you wouldn't have anyone reporting a downed plane, since it wasn't supposed to be there...

The CIA may need better mechanics/maintenance systems on their planes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join