It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Disgrace! Guess Where Your Tax Money is Going...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by BrianC
The money should be going to missiles that blow up mosques.

Yet if Iran had said: "The money should be going to missiles that blow up churches" I am quite sure the choir of hypocrites would be singing aloud.

He was being sarcastic.

Stop taking yourself so seriously and get off your high horse.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Muslim mosques in the middle east and even providing internet service so they can coordinate attacks on westerners and Americans...

You still believe that crap? Are you one of those gullible folks who really think jihadists attacked the Twin towers?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So you can't use the word "God" at a military funeral due to separation of church and state, but our tax dollars can be used to save mosques overseas??? Money that we don't have to be giving away anyway.
Source

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

UNBELIEVABLE!!! I've paid so far this year about $6000 in state and fed taxes. And I have no control of where it goes and to top it, they refuse to be interviewed on this. f@ckyouwashington!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

What I was addressing in my post was how you were getting hyped up about us funding terrorists by sending money overseas to preserve cultural sites. That does not equal funding terrorism no matter how you try and spin it.

Quit acting so ignorant... If we send money to "preserve cultural sites" and they give it to terrorists how is that spinning it? You know damn well that they do what they please with the money and we have no way of ensuring they use it as intended. The Emams are the ones preaching jihad on the west... So how are those facts spin?

Oh and we are not just in a debt crisis if you had a clue how things worked you would know this is the death throws of our economy and the point is in a debt crisis they are spending money we don't have and this is just one of many places we are a doing that and a particularly repulsive one that ought to have Americans running the politicians out of town on a rail tarred and feathered!

To many fools don't understand that this economy is fuelled by debt and is the engine for keynesian economics maybe you'll get it when you're living under a bridge... but I somehow doubt it....

edit on 27-7-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Muslim mosques in the middle east and even providing internet service so they can coordinate attacks on westerners and Americans...

You still believe that crap? Are you one of those gullible folks who really think jihadists attacked the Twin towers?

What part of the state department admitting they send this money did you not understand? Or did you not watch the video and just come on the thread to make one of your many ignorant statements? Just because the twin towers were a false flag does not mean there are not jihadist attacking westerners at every chance they can. Or are you one of those gullible folks who believe they are just using the money to "preserve cultural sites"?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Paying for the internet of the people who hate.

The irony is just too beautiful.

Thanks for one of the funnest things of the year.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...when has the usofa government ever done anything altruistic?... answer: never...
...actions that appear to be somewhat altruistic are always just a baited hook - always...

www.america.gov...

"Commodity donations and financial assistance are used to provide incentives for children to attend and remain in school, as well as helping to improve child development through nutritional programs for women, infants, and children under age 5. In FY 2006 USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Service provided more than 82,000 MT of commodities to support child nutrition and school feeding programs in 15 countries, the total value of which was more than $86 million"

www.usaid.gov...

"Fiscal Year (FY) 2009, USAID/OFDA provided more than $70 million to support emergency health activities in 16 countries. In addition, between October 2009 and May 2010, USAID/OFDA has provided nearly $90 million to support emergency public health programming in 17 countries throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East."

now, about government waste...
www.heritage.org...

"Two drafting errors in the 2005 Deficit Reduction Act resulted in a $2 billion taxpayer cost.[39]
North Ridgeville, Ohio, received $800,000 in "stimulus" funds for a project that its mayor described as "a long way from the top priority."[40]
The National Institutes of Health spends $1.3 million per month to rent a lab that it cannot use.[41]
Congress recently spent $2.4 billion on 10 new jets that the Pentagon insists it does not need and will not use.[42] ..."

edit on 27-7-2011 by works4dhs because: clarify

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by Misoir

What I was addressing in my post was how you were getting hyped up about us funding terrorists by sending money overseas to preserve cultural sites. That does not equal funding terrorism no matter how you try and spin it.

What are you mentally challenged? If we send money to "preserve cultural sites" and they give it to terrorists how is that spinning it? You know damn well that they do what they please with the money and we have no way of ensuring they use it as intended. The Emams are the ones preaching jihad on the west... So how are those facts spin?

Oh and we are not just in a debt crisis if you had a clue how things worked you would know this is the death throws of our economy and the point is in a debt crisis they are spending money we don't have and this is just one of many places we are a doing that and a particularly repulsive one that ought to have Americans running the politicians out of town on a rail tarred and feathered!

To many fools don't understand that this economy is fuelled by debt and is the engine for keynesian economics maybe you'll get it when you're living under a bridge... but I somehow doubt it....

It's nice to see someone have a pulse when this topic comes up. Almost all Americans are not giving a # when it comes to government. I am curious to see if anything will ever come from the people as all we know is the internet when it comes to communicating. Remember the president's solution to what WE the people are to do to help Washington in this debt crisis? Call your governor, e-mail your senators. The lines went down the sites went down. We need a real LEADER than can show us the way out of this because our only outlet right now is the stupid computer! AHHHHH! < that was me screaming since I can't do it at work

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I dream of an America that gives the world ZERO dollars. Lets see how quickly they all starve off or die of sickness, we dont need to waste money saving the lives of people who dont do anything. If we ever needed help I can guarantee no one would come to our aid, meanwhile everyone world wide has there hand out waiting for something or another. We are the pure evil that everyone hates but you all accept our gifts. I guess lack of integrity comes with being beggers

edit on 27-7-2011 by PapaEmeritus because: biffle waffle crumble cake@

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

What are you mentally challenged?

Funny, I was going to ask you the same question. Strange world...

If we send money to "preserve cultural sites" and they give it to terrorists how is that spinning it?

Did any reports say they 'give it to terrorists'? What I recall is that they are investing in the preservation of cultural sites which does not immediately mean that the terrorists take it over. What, every Imam is a vocal proponent of global jihad? Get real. Besides, who knows if these Mosques are even opened to public prayer perhaps they are used as a national/local monument of sorts, like we have with certain government protected sites in the US.

You know damn well that they do what they please with the money and we have no way of ensuring they use it as intended.

I never said we should be giving out these funds either, I do not agree with it, but I also do not believe jihad preaching imams are taking them over. We do not have any facts to back up that claim it is just heated rhetoric.

The Emams are the ones preaching jihad on the west... So how are those facts spin?

Not every Imam preaches jihad, although I do recognize the majority do.

Oh and we are not just in a debt crisis if you had a clue how things worked you would know this is the death throws of our economy

Lordy please enlighten this poor uneducated fool on this thing called economics, I just cannot comprehend this numbers and formulas. Obviously you must be an expert who can guide me to the light.

and the point is in a debt crisis they are spending money we don't have and this is just one of many places we are a doing that and a particularly repulsive one that ought to have Americans running the politicians out of town on a rail tarred and feathered!

Yeah like this should be the straw that breaks the camels back. I am sorry but there were so many other straws which would have fit better than this hyped up nonsense of being afraid of the brown man.

Ahh get a grip on yourself, acting like that will not help elaborate upon anything you have to say. If you want people to listen you must learn how to properly debate and communicate, two critical skills you definitely lack. You jump to conclusions about the other person based upon only a few things that were said. I bet you did not know that I am a Conservative who supports the gold standard, balanced budgets, low taxes, and the like. You probably assumed I was some hard-core liberal.
edit on 7/27/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Lordy please enlighten this poor uneducated fool on this thing called economics just cannot comprehend this numbers and formulas.

Finally we agree on something... You left out one thing on the comprehension part and that is reality based on actual events or actual results if you will... However I am not surprised, that's the problem with Keynesian theorists is their formulas have failed miserably in actual practice bringing us to the brink of economic collapse yet we still have fools touting them as some sort of economic truth that will save the day.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Obviously you must be an expert who can guide me to the light.

Sorry as a the saying goes yo can lead a horse to water.... Fools may mock and deride but the facts will be grabbing them by the short hairs soon enough. I have spent considerable time trying to educate fools on this site all to no avail I shall not waste my time further in that area....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

...you didnt understand my "baited hook" metaphor?...
...o'well, you have lots of company i'm sure...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Star for you. Thank you for doing the research instead of jumping on the hate band wagon!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I have spent considerable time trying to educate fools on this site all to no avail I shall not waste my time further in that area....

...this uneducated fool would be most appreciative if you would keep your word...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A TWOFER win for our Muslim butt kissing President; he gets to support his favorite religion while damaging the U.S. economy at the same time.

Personally I believe he's a closet Muslim. He even had a bit of a Freudian slip during an interview with George Stephanopolous.

The only reason he joined a "Christian" church was as a cover. I find it interesting also that Jeremiah Wright's church espoused Black Power ideology, and hates the United States. Doubly interesting is the fact that Wright himself is a "former" Muslim. SOURCE

This guy is a scumbag, and I hope that when he's out of office (or before,) someone has the balls to charge him with treason.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Isn't treason punishable by death?

I'm down on my knees praying someone will find him giulty of treason.
edit on 27-7-2011 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

1) What help? You can't even feed Haiti and/or Somalia.
2) Japan and EU gives more than you do
3) Australia probably donates more food than you
4) How many countries have you invaded since after WW2?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Obama's just a puppet. The real string-pullers are unknown to you or I. Nice show of rage, though. That's exactly what they hope to get out of people.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
IMO the US should NOT be in the business of building any churches or mosques or supporting them in any way- and churches and mosques and covens and whatever should ALL BE TAXED like any other business.
Charities shouldn't get govt. money either. I mean, I understand that they can often deliver it but I have heard too many stories about the pagan girl that was told she couldn't wear her pentagram at the homeless shelter that took govt. money. NO. if they are going to take govt. money, they shouldn't discriminate against anyone, muslim, pagan, jew, or pastafarian.

It's nothing racist about it- govt. and religion- keep em separated.

AMEN!! the catholic churches in maine raised money from extra "offerings" to help overturn gay marriage. if a church is actively involved in raising money for political purposes, they should no longer be considered tax exempt, but political activists. as such, they should pay taxes.

regarding the girl w/the pentagram. i don't know where she lives, but wicca has been recognized as a religion by the us govt. since 1974. i know a few pagans and i've "never" heard of someone being told they couldn't wear a pentagram because of govt. funding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join